Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Palace [Premier League] Sat 19th Jan @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W10 D3 L9

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 163714 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,962 posts | 464 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #2100: Aug 22, 2018 10:46:33 pm
      I know we obviously spent a lot this summer, but I’m pretty sure United were 3rd highest spenders? Jose still spent best part of 100mill, and give what he’s previously spent, he shouldn’t really need another few hundred million.

He needs to start focusing on what he has got, rather than what he hasn’t got. Such as Rashford and there’s a few youngsters coming through in the midfield isn’t there?
      Take us for example, we missed out on key targets last summer but Klopp was patient and waited it out until he could get Virgil and Keita. It seems to me Jose is just desperate to get in big name/big money players in the hope it’s instant success rather than whether they are actually the right player or not.

From what I’ve seen online, there’s a few highly rated youngsters in your ranks, maybe it’s time he moved on from his previous tactics and started implementing new ones and bringing through potentially very good players. Need to remember, a lot of the success Jose has had since leaving Porto is because at the time, he was the only manager able to spend massive money on players, now it’s more of a level playing field and he’s running out of ideas.  ;D

If you don’t want Martial or Rashford, feel free to send them our way, we could work a deal that includes Migs and Origi ;)

Doesn't matter what you've spent this summer. If it can bring success it's worth it.  I've said a zillion times as a fan what we spend doesn't bother me. We could be the biggest spenders every year and all rivals fans say is well they should be successful with the money we have. Obviously that doesn't always work.

However, Man City have done a great job since new owners arrived. Spent sh*t loads on players/development and now reaping the rewards. That's all most fans want, SUCCESS.

We appear to have several decent youngest in pipe line but Jose not ready to give them a try. We know it's Mourinho's way to stick with proven experience players.

Hopefully Martial & Rashford going nowhere, espically the latter. Rashford does have potential to be world class in time.

Ps.. Very good post and agree with most of what you state, apart from Martial & Rashford of course.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,770 posts | 2374 
      Reply #2101: Aug 23, 2018 07:36:42 am
      Keith.

Quick note mate.

If you are going to try to get sponsors out from under every stone to include Chevrolet who don't even sell cars here anymore and coffee machines FFS  then do have a word with Edwards and get some class.

My favourite jeans for all of my life and my favourite club for all of my life.

Levis and Liverpool.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/312990-liverpool-fc-levis-official-partnership

Liverpool Football Club has welcomed Levi's as its first official denim partner.

As two organisations dedicated to making a difference around the globe, the long-term partnership will focus on supporting local communities and giving back to fans through football, lifestyle and music.

As the centrepiece of the partnership, the renowned Levi’s Music Project will be making its way to Liverpool. Working with Liverpool Lighthouse, the arts and music community centre in Anfield, and Sound City music festival, the Levi’s Music Project studio will open in November to provide local youngsters a unique opportunity to develop their musical abilities.

Over the course of the project, the youngsters will take part in various masterclasses and workshops with artists and industry experts, with the first milestone being an unforgettable performance at the Sound City music festival in May 2019.

During the partnership, LFC will work closely with Levi’s to develop the music project within the local community, while collaborating on additional projects to help fans show their authentic style in their everyday lives, including an exclusive Levi’s x LFC capsule collection.

Billy Hogan, the club’s chief commercial officer, said: “Liverpool and Levi’s have always shared a special passion for supporting communities and making a difference. The partnership between the club and Levi’s is a reflection of this bond.

“We are very much looking forward to a bright future working with Levi’s, which will enable Liverpool FC to continue giving back to our local fans.”

Richard Hurren, vice president north Europe at Levi’s, said: “With the city’s history of music, Liverpool FC’s fundamental connection to the community, and our core values of giving back, expanding the Levi’s Music Project to Liverpool is the perfect way to connect the two partners and demonstrate shared values.

“Having worked with communities across Europe, the Levi’s Music Project is a long-term commitment that aligns with our key values, that giving back never goes out of style.”

Launched in 2015, the Levi’s Music Project partners with the music industry’s most relevant artists, industry experts and professional educators to provide access to music for the next generation, in the communities where it can make the biggest difference.

Past projects in the United Kingdom have seen the brand collaborate with Skepta, Everything Everything and Mist.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,962 posts | 464 
      Reply #2102: Aug 23, 2018 10:24:22 am
      Keith.

Quick note mate.

If you are going to try to get sponsors out from under every stone to include Chevrolet who don't even sell cars here anymore and coffee machines FFS  then do have a word with Edwards and get some class.

My favourite jeans for all of my life and my favourite club for all of my life.

Levis and Liverpool.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/312990-liverpool-fc-levis-official-partnership

Liverpool Football Club has welcomed Levi's as its first official denim partner.

As two organisations dedicated to making a difference around the globe, the long-term partnership will focus on supporting local communities and giving back to fans through football, lifestyle and music.

As the centrepiece of the partnership, the renowned Levi’s Music Project will be making its way to Liverpool. Working with Liverpool Lighthouse, the arts and music community centre in Anfield, and Sound City music festival, the Levi’s Music Project studio will open in November to provide local youngsters a unique opportunity to develop their musical abilities.

Over the course of the project, the youngsters will take part in various masterclasses and workshops with artists and industry experts, with the first milestone being an unforgettable performance at the Sound City music festival in May 2019.

During the partnership, LFC will work closely with Levi’s to develop the music project within the local community, while collaborating on additional projects to help fans show their authentic style in their everyday lives, including an exclusive Levi’s x LFC capsule collection.

Billy Hogan, the club’s chief commercial officer, said: “Liverpool and Levi’s have always shared a special passion for supporting communities and making a difference. The partnership between the club and Levi’s is a reflection of this bond.

“We are very much looking forward to a bright future working with Levi’s, which will enable Liverpool FC to continue giving back to our local fans.”

Richard Hurren, vice president north Europe at Levi’s, said: “With the city’s history of music, Liverpool FC’s fundamental connection to the community, and our core values of giving back, expanding the Levi’s Music Project to Liverpool is the perfect way to connect the two partners and demonstrate shared values.

“Having worked with communities across Europe, the Levi’s Music Project is a long-term commitment that aligns with our key values, that giving back never goes out of style.”

Launched in 2015, the Levi’s Music Project partners with the music industry’s most relevant artists, industry experts and professional educators to provide access to music for the next generation, in the communities where it can make the biggest difference.

Past projects in the United Kingdom have seen the brand collaborate with Skepta, Everything Everything and Mist.

I thought you only wore skirts like Aussie red.  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,770 posts | 2374 
      Reply #2103: Aug 23, 2018 11:11:46 am

:lmao:

Still got a sense of humour mate even though you lot are in meltdown.
      Karma.

Perch is still standing and we are climbing back on it.
      We gave you two decades free of charge to catch up FFS .

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,962 posts | 464 
      Reply #2104: Aug 23, 2018 11:43:54 am
      :lmao:

Still got a sense of humour mate even though you lot are in meltdown.
      Karma.

Perch is still standing and we are climbing back on it.
      We gave you two decades free of charge to catch up FFS .

Pays to have one Miro, keeps me sane   :D No doubt your climing the ladder. See if you can stay at the top for 20 years.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2105: Aug 24, 2018 09:05:20 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,136 posts | 311 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #2106: Aug 25, 2018 02:20:15 pm
      Oh sh*t....3 minutes more and after tonight we could be in first with a 2 pt. cushion.  C'mon you Wolves.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,136 posts | 311 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #2107: Aug 25, 2018 02:27:39 pm
      I LOVE WOLVES! F**k Me...City already dropping pts. Are we seeing the stress creeping in? We know Pep fears us, we know Jürgen can break him down tactically. I think City are under pressure and know that Liverpool can take it from them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,982 posts | 2782 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2108: Aug 25, 2018 04:49:33 pm
      They need to bin off Kompany, looks by far their weakest player every time he plays now. Terrible performance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,757 posts | 3406 
      Reply #2109: Aug 26, 2018 04:33:37 pm
      They need to bin off Kompany, looks by far their weakest player every time he plays now. Terrible performance.

Age starting to catch up with him now.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,910 posts | 2538 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2110: Aug 26, 2018 10:27:07 pm

Hey watch your mouth you Manc C**t.

Also stop using my name in your posts, Dado might get even more upset!  :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,962 posts | 464 
      Reply #2111: Aug 26, 2018 11:01:32 pm
      Hey watch your mouth you Manc C**t.

Your banned using that language on a public forum.  :f_whistle: If your not I'm putting you on ignore. Bloody good feature is that. :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2112: Sep 02, 2018 11:34:40 pm
      https://twitter.com/NcGeehan/status/1035770743081062400

Does any other team in world football have such an aggressive media strategy as Man City's owners? Self congratulatory, cringeworthy sh*te by a bunch of blood stained maniacs. Perfect for a Daily Mail op ed then.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,076 posts | 3027 
      Reply #2113: Sep 03, 2018 09:54:41 pm
      https://twitter.com/NcGeehan/status/1035770743081062400

Does any other team in world football have such an aggressive media strategy as Man City's owners? Self congratulatory, cringeworthy sh*te by a bunch of blood stained maniacs. Perfect for a Daily Mail op ed then.

but surely they passed the FA's/EPL fit and proper personas test
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,082 posts | 1463 
      Reply #2114: Sep 13, 2018 10:35:44 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,076 posts | 3027 
      Reply #2115: Sep 19, 2018 09:58:53 am
      Did you see the two sisters 97 and 102 year young at the City game life long supporters. Now that's what football should be ,thought they were great and still enjoying the game at their age.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,653 posts | 462 
      Reply #2116: Sep 19, 2018 12:06:57 pm
      Did you see the two sisters 97 and 102 year young at the City game life long supporters. Now that's what football should be ,thought they were great and still enjoying the game at their age.

They're probably just happy they can go out in public again without being hit on now that shreks gone to the US.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2117: Sep 19, 2018 09:51:12 pm
      F***ing LOL.

In fairness though, a f**king superb performance by Lyon.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,425 posts | 1048 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2118: Sep 19, 2018 09:51:49 pm
      Must be the worst fans in the prem league. Never fill the gtound f**k off early and arent exactly vocal
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2119: Sep 19, 2018 09:53:36 pm
      Must be the worst fans in the prem league. Never fill the gtound f**k off early and arent exactly vocal

Probably the most embarrassing set of fans in the league. More so than their Manc neighbours! A bunch of classless, passionless, knowledlgeless dickwads.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,076 posts | 3027 
      Reply #2120: Sep 19, 2018 09:54:41 pm
      City were awful and the stat 5 defeats in 6 CL games doesn't look like world beaters to me. If teams have a go at City they are not nearly as good as they think they are
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,757 posts | 3406 
      Reply #2121: Sep 19, 2018 10:36:20 pm
      Must be the worst fans in the prem league. Never fill the ground f**k off early and arent exactly vocal

Sounds like Arsenal as well to be fair!! :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,982 posts | 2782 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2122: Sep 20, 2018 11:06:24 am
      Well for all their hype, money spent and expectations, they’ve become the first English team to lose 4 consecutive Champions League games in their current run of 1 win and 5 defeats in their last 6 CL games. Congratulations Man City, you bunch of sh*t houses pretending to be a big club. Do us the favour of pissing off in the group stage and stop embarrassing the competition with your plastic fans and empty stadium.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,281 posts | 1194 
      Reply #2123: Sep 20, 2018 05:49:38 pm
      City were awful and the stat 5 defeats in 6 CL games doesn't look like world beaters to me. If teams have a go at City they are not nearly as good as they think they are
      Yet today you used them as an example that we had it tough last year, then tell me I talk rubbish? I hope this ignore you said you would put me on had started already.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,683 posts | 2640 
      Reply #2124: Nov 02, 2018 06:10:20 pm
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,122 posts | 288 
      Reply #2125: Nov 02, 2018 06:52:45 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,111 posts | 1433 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2126: Nov 02, 2018 07:28:05 pm
      We all know what action will be taken against citeh and psg don't we ? Absolutely f**k all
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2018 12:04:00 am by FATKOPITE10 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,683 posts | 2640 
      Reply #2127: Nov 02, 2018 09:57:59 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2128: Nov 02, 2018 11:14:23 pm

There's something altogether more unseemly and sinister about Infantino when compared to his predecessor Blatter. Blatter was a bloated clown, politically incorrect and blatantly corrupt to the point of being comical - a bit like Silvio Berlsusconi. But Infantino? Given that he was the successor to Blatter he presented himself as a clean break but he's not. His slyness and shadiness makes him worse. The man is capable of doing even more damage to the sport of football and has already done plenty as it is.

He's a wretched individual who is no better than a sewer rat.
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2018 11:18:39 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,013 posts | 1456 
      Reply #2129: Nov 03, 2018 01:27:36 am
      There's something altogether more unseemly and sinister about Infantino when compared to his predecessor Blatter. Blatter was a bloated clown, politically incorrect and blatantly corrupt to the point of being comical - a bit like Silvio Berlsusconi. But Infantino? Given that he was the successor to Blatter he presented himself as a clean break but he's not. His slyness and shadiness makes him worse. The man is capable of doing even more damage to the sport of football and has already done plenty as it is.

He's a wretched individual who is no better than a sewer rat.

I don't think you are being fair to sewer rats.It looks like it is business as usual for FIFA and EUFA,nothing has changed.

Quick Reply