Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 464141 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #2438: Apr 25, 2019 12:57:46 pm
      I genuinely feel a bit bad for you this morning Keith, I know full well the feeling of watching your team play that bad, as it was us about 7-8 years ago. You guys can and will come back but it will take time and you need to radically change things at the club starting with Fergie taking a much more passive back seat role, he cannot pick and chose managers any more, you guys need a proper director of football and a young dynamic manager like Poch and give him enough money over 4-5 season to build a great team again.
      There are no quick fixes here, it will take time and patience to rebuild.

I genuinely believe you to. It's the worse time I've ever known as a fan which will be music to a very select view on here ( count them on one hand )  who are vile supporters, all clubs have them unfortunatly. I simply can't see any light at the end of the tunnel either no matter who we buy in the summer under Ole. Whilst he's there I can't see us doing anything. I'm not really bothered about CL football either as we can't win the thing anyway. I'd also be happy if we wasn't in Europa league too as we need to concentrate on just the Premier League till we turn things round which will take a while.

Hand on heart I can definitely say there will be many of you guys on here that I would commiserate with if you lads don't win the league after containing so many points. I've got to know quite a few with great personalities, fantastic banter and most importantly gentlemen when you consider the great rivalry we have for one another.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2439: Apr 25, 2019 02:53:16 pm
      I genuinely believe you to. It's the worse time I've ever known as a fan which will be music to a very select view on here ( count them on one hand )  who are vile supporters, all clubs have them unfortunatly. I simply can't see any light at the end of the tunnel either no matter who we buy in the summer under Ole. Whilst he's there I can't see us doing anything. I'm not really bothered about CL football either as we can't win the thing anyway. I'd also be happy if we wasn't in Europa league too as we need to concentrate on just the Premier League till we turn things round which will take a while.

Hand on heart I can definitely say there will be many of you guys on here that I would commiserate with if you lads don't win the league after containing so many points. I've got to know quite a few with great personalities, fantastic banter and most importantly gentlemen when you consider the great rivalry we have for one another.

I don't think you'll be pushing for honours while Woodward is there.
      I might be wrong, but it seems he has far too much influence over transfers.
      If that is indeed the case, then it won't really matter who the manager is, you're going to struggle.

I'd suggest  a "transfer committee" of talented individuals who can work with the manager to identify players who fit his philosophy, rather than an individual who thinks he's playing football manager and believes spunking the most money gets you the best team. ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2440: May 13, 2019 10:02:56 pm
      Just watch this, EPL Champions. Their fan base is just a pile of used bog roll, back in the 70's and 80's when we won everything, we would pour into the streets, every year without fail. This must be so sickening for the players.

https://twitter.com/hipippa/status/1128029882628415491?s=21
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2441: May 13, 2019 10:05:06 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2442: May 13, 2019 10:08:09 pm
      Just watch this, EPL Champions. Their fan base is just a pile of used bog roll, back in the 70's and 80's when we won everything, we would pour into the streets, every year without fail. This must be so sickening for the players.

Seen more raucous atmospheres at a Daniel O Donnell gig.

Also, let this be an annual reminder that Man City's role of honour from times gone by consists of Noel Gallagher and Johnny Marr.

"What positions did they play?" I hear you say?

'Yer da trying to rejuvenate his days of youth'
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1640 
      Reply #2443: May 13, 2019 10:46:58 pm

Jesus, more atmosphere at a funeral! Doubt the players care, it’s cringe but it’s what they signed up for.

Actually more plastic than the chavs, there’s nothing of substance behind their fans or history whatsoever.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2444: May 13, 2019 11:04:45 pm

The bas**rds should have any titles and cups they have won over the last 3 or 4 years confiscated.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1640 
      Reply #2445: May 14, 2019 04:34:11 am
      If proven they should be banned. F***ing cheats, pure and simple.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2446: May 14, 2019 04:43:32 am
      I don't really get it to be honest.  Everyone and their dogs have known about this since FFP came into play. They paid a fine and its was brushed under the carpet.   It is one of 2 things they want another bonus check or they are disturbed about the influence of the English clubs this season in the final. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2447: May 14, 2019 06:36:21 am
      I don't really get it to be honest.  Everyone and their dogs have known about this since FFP came into play. They paid a fine and its was brushed under the carpet.   It is one of 2 things they want another bonus check or they are disturbed about the influence of the English clubs this season in the final. 

I think, if the investigations are true, the nature and extent of which they went to try and funnel their own funds through faux sponsors and back channels to fund player transfers is far and beyond what was originally punished. Wait and see I guess, but to me it's pretty F***ing obvious what has happened there and some form of tangible punishment is needed.

Not gonna kid myself and think they'll get any retrospective points deductions/titles stripped (would rather beat them fair and square anyway), however a Champions League ban would send the perfect message. As well as some proper watching of their activities, five year probation period or something.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #2448: May 14, 2019 09:24:10 am
      Won the league, 4th time in 8 years, and still obsessed with us... classless.

I would put a warning on about bad language, but that issue is resolved.

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1127614459311271936?s=19
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2449: May 14, 2019 10:20:45 am
      I think, if the investigations are true, the nature and extent of which they went to try and funnel their own funds through faux sponsors and back channels to fund player transfers is far and beyond what was originally punished. Wait and see I guess, but to me it's pretty f**king obvious what has happened there and some form of tangible punishment is needed.

Not gonna kid myself and think they'll get any retrospective points deductions/titles stripped (would rather beat them fair and square anyway), however a Champions League ban would send the perfect message. As well as some proper watching of their activities, five year probation period or something.

Think if they get banned from CL, then we may also see some form of investigation by the PL. I know it sounds a bit petty, but would love it if that does happen.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2450: May 14, 2019 10:45:09 am
      This has been hovering over City for sometime  now but the EPL seems to turn a blind eye I wonder why. If Laws have been broken or even the spirit of the law then it should be dealt with accordingly but somehow I think we all know F**k all will happen.

Its quite funny to see a corrupt organisation investigate corruption on FFP. Role on Madrid.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2451: May 14, 2019 12:10:10 pm
      Talk of City being banned from the ECL for a season if irregularities are found.

Think about that, they've broken the rules and as a result, they have been able to field a side they normally wouldn't have. And when you are talking 1 solitary point, that really starts to make a difference.

At the very least it means they cheated to win the title. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2452: May 14, 2019 12:29:18 pm
      I look at it in a way the powers to be want a slice of the oil money, it’s a shake down, hefty fine but no ban.

They won’t ban Citeh from European football..
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1640 
      Reply #2453: May 14, 2019 12:39:31 pm
      I look at it in a way the powers to be want a slice of the oil money, it’s a shake down, hefty fine but no ban.

They won’t ban Citeh from European football..

I don’t know. I think UEFA are terrified of a breakaway European league and the real powers behind that are the ‘Establishment’ clubs, who I don’t think will be too keen on PSG and City’s new money.

UEFA need to keep them sweet as they are the ones who bring the massive revenues into their competitions, not the likes of City and PSG.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #2454: May 14, 2019 02:07:18 pm
      Think if they get banned from CL, then we may also see some form of investigation by the PL. I know it sounds a bit petty, but would love it if that does happen.

They will just appeal then go on a massive spending spree before any ban comes into place.
      The only penalty that’s going to hurt is a ban from the ECL and a points deduction from the EPL.
      Of course then the plastics will just claim that any title/cup won then will be devalued.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2455: May 14, 2019 02:16:57 pm
      They will just appeal then go on a massive spending spree before any ban comes into place.
      The only penalty that’s going to hurt is a ban from the ECL and a points deduction from the EPL.
      Of course then the plastics will just claim that any title/cup won then will be devalued.

I would have no problem if a cheating club is deducted some points and we are then awarded the title, because in that case the only reason they beat us, by one F***ing point, is because they cheated FFP so why should they be allowed to retain the title?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2456: May 14, 2019 04:45:59 pm

wait now,that's real? thought it was funny dub over!  sad as F**k.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2457: May 14, 2019 04:53:37 pm
      Yup still cu*ts..
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2458: May 14, 2019 06:07:33 pm
      Any truth to the story that the city players were filmed singing a parody version of Allez Allez Allez that had lyrics about our supporters being attacked?

F***ing disgraceful if true.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #2459: May 14, 2019 06:17:32 pm
      Any truth to the story that the city players were filmed singing a parody version of Allez Allez Allez that had lyrics about our supporters being attacked?

F***ing disgraceful if true.

Surely not, that would be dreadful.... oh wait.

https://twitter.com/YourMCFC/status/1128273265603039232?s=19
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2460: May 14, 2019 06:28:13 pm

Quick Reply