Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 464263 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #2875: Jan 21, 2020 11:54:19 am

If only but they have too much money so who ever needs to will be paid off.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #2876: Jan 21, 2020 07:25:04 pm
      They seem awful keen to get Laporte back...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #2877: Jan 21, 2020 07:43:31 pm

Just been clattered by that former bluenose dog Besic
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2878: Jan 23, 2020 10:13:03 am
      Pep in his interview on Tuesday talking about how the result will help them cement their top 4 place & Champions League for next season. Looks as though he's now publicly resigned to the fact the league is over. Looks like it'll be full throttle for the Champions League from now on for him then. I'll laugh my head off if Madrid knock them out
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2879: Jan 23, 2020 10:55:48 am
      Pep in his interview on Tuesday talking about how the result will help them cement their top 4 place & Champions League for next season. Looks as though he's now publicly resigned to the fact the league is over. Looks like it'll be full throttle for the Champions League from now on for him then. I'll laugh my head off if Madrid knock them out

Laugh even harder if they lost the caraboa cup final as well as they seem to go hell bent for leather for it
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2880: Jan 23, 2020 11:03:20 am
      Laugh even harder if they lost the caraboa cup final as well as they seem to go hell bent for leather for it

Yep, we still hold the record for most League Cup wins so imagine another win would edge them closer as they've won quite a few recently.

Think we also won 4 on the bounce in the 80s - If they win it this year that will take them to 3 in row

Not the most important records but I'd rather we kept hold of them
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2881: Jan 23, 2020 11:35:25 am

No surprise but I think they are bigging him up a bit much, he’s far from World Class IMO, he’s just a better version of Otamendi but he’s nowhere near the level of Virgil and I’d put plenty others ahead of him too. They were hardly rock solid in defence with him last year
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #2882: Jan 23, 2020 11:35:32 am
      Yep, we still hold the record for most League Cup wins so imagine another win would edge them closer as they've won quite a few recently.

Think we also won 4 on the bounce in the 80s - If they win it this year that will take them to 3 in row

Not the most important records but I'd rather we kept hold of them

Yeah, they have six and we have eight, plus we won it four times between 81 and 84. Even if they manage to beat our records, they're still far behind in overall honours.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2883: Jan 23, 2020 11:39:27 am
      No surprise but I think they are bigging him up a bit much, he’s far from World Class IMO, he’s just a better version of Otamendi but he’s nowhere near the level of Virgil and I’d put plenty others ahead of him too. They were hardly rock solid in defence with him last year

Only found out watching Match of the Day last night that he's never been capped for France. Couldn't believe it
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,906 posts | 3397 
      Reply #2884: Jan 23, 2020 11:50:05 am

I disagree - whilst he isn’t at the level of VVD he is better than anyone else in the league or the equal of Gomez - he is superb 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #2885: Jan 24, 2020 02:51:35 am

Biggest laugh will be next Wednesday when they're celebrating getting to Wembley and then hear we've gone 19 points clear!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2886: Jan 24, 2020 09:30:55 am

I disagree - whilst he isn’t at the level of VVD he is better than anyone else in the league or the equal of Gomez - he is superb 

Nah, not having that, Gomez is a superb CB and will only get better playing alongside Virgil, thee have been games recently where he's played better than Virgil.
      LaPorte is a very good CB and will help Citeh but he's a level below our CB pairing.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2887: Jan 26, 2020 01:07:21 pm
      The Emptihad is just that for their cup game against Fulham...half empty  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,222 posts | 4919 
      Reply #2888: Jan 26, 2020 01:42:27 pm
      The Emptihad is just that for their cup game against Fulham...half empty  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Been watching the game.

Non existent atmosphere as well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2889: Jan 26, 2020 01:44:09 pm
      Been watching the game.

Don’t think City are even working all that hard, Fulham look like an amateur team with the mistakes they are making. They want an eternity on the ball, passing terrible, positioning terrible, and generally everything looks well off a team  pushing for a place in the Premier League.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,222 posts | 4919 
      Reply #2890: Jan 26, 2020 01:46:56 pm
      Don’t think City are even working all that hard, Fulham look like an amateur team with the mistakes they are making. They want an eternity on the ball, passing terrible, positioning terrible, and generally everything looks well off a team  pushing for a place in the Premier League.

Yep.

Not even like a friendly, more like a training game.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2891: Jan 26, 2020 02:00:44 pm
      Been watching the game.

Shocking Si, there's one thing, you'd never get that at Anfield for sure.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,222 posts | 4919 
      Reply #2892: Jan 26, 2020 02:11:21 pm
      Shocking Si, there's one thing, you'd never get that at Anfield for sure.

Indeed.

I get that football is an expensive sport to follow these days and do understand when stadiums don't sell out for certain games but it's the sheer lack of an sort of atmosphere there that surprises me the most.

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2893: Jan 26, 2020 02:17:30 pm
      Indeed.

I get that football is an expensive sport to follow these days and do understand when stadiums don't sell out for certain games but it's the sheer lack of an sort of atmosphere there that surprises me the most.

It's always been like that there though, a bit like the Emirates, they don't create an atmosphere even on Champions league nights, and if you can't get the crowd up for night's like that, you're never gonna do it for an FA Cup 4th round tie.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #2894: Jan 26, 2020 02:51:42 pm
      Watched mc they may be four up but it’s been a boring game no atmosphere what so ever heard more noise in a cemetery funniest thing is watching one of theirs doing the dying fly
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #2895: Jan 27, 2020 01:38:06 am
      Watched mc they may be four up but it’s been a boring game no atmosphere what so ever heard more noise in a cemetery funniest thing is watching one of theirs doing the dying fly

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1221500409249959936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1221500409249959936&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231221500409249959936
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #2896: Jan 27, 2020 08:45:23 am
      He can’t understand why more fans didn’t turn up.
      Well Pep old son it’s because they are a bunch of plastics who are going to drift away now you aren’t the dominant team!
      Ps to all the Citeh plastics looking for a new home. Please feel free to go back to the Mancs or Chelski.
      We don’t want you.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 

Quick Reply