Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 462863 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #2990: Feb 16, 2020 01:41:57 pm
      The atmosphere during the next city game should be fun.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #2991: Feb 16, 2020 03:24:26 pm
      The atmosphere during the next city game should be fun.

Will we notice much difference?
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #2992: Feb 17, 2020 06:54:43 am
      How do we think it would work if they were given a retrospective points deduction? I suppose technically we could match uniteds 20 leagues this year and Gerrard could receive a Premier league winners medal!?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2993: Feb 17, 2020 08:56:36 am
      How do we think it would work if they were given a retrospective points deduction? I suppose technically we could match uniteds 20 leagues this year and Gerrard could receive a Premier league winners medal!?

but wouldn't Man Utd also get another title for the year when Aguuuueeeeeerrrroooooooo o scored in the last seconds?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #2994: Feb 17, 2020 08:59:26 am
      How many and which titles can they be stripped of ? Just 2014 ? Which gives it to us ?
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #2995: Feb 17, 2020 10:03:15 am
      but wouldn't Man Utd also get another title for the year when Aguuuueeeeeerrrroooooooo o scored in the last seconds?

From what I've seen it wouldnt go back that far they'd be looking at 2013-16, so technically would be only our nearly season
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2996: Feb 17, 2020 10:25:18 am
      After all the cryarsing they did over the bus fiasco, they're now arranging their own "welcome" for the Uefa bureaucrats when they welcome Madrid next month, complete with flares & smoke bombs  :lmao:

This is going to be hilarious
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #2997: Feb 17, 2020 06:08:41 pm
      Gotta be honest I find the shouts of giving Gerrard a medal cringey.

Won’t have the same impact at all.

Every trophy they’ve won since 2012 now though will always have an asterisk next to it.

Bad bad bunch, will be brilliant when Madrid smash them!
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2020 09:17:12 pm by RedWilly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2998: Feb 17, 2020 09:03:57 pm
      Gotta be honest I find the shouts of giving Gerrard a meddle cringy.

Won’t have the same impact at all.

Every trophy they’ve won since 2012 now though will always have an asterisk next to it.

Bad bad bunch, will be brilliant when Madrid smash them!

Hahaha just in the right mental state to get rattled by Sergio Ramos!
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #2999: Feb 18, 2020 12:22:09 pm
      One of the Muppets over on Blue Moon is suggesting they organise a series of high profile friendlies on Champions league nights to take attention away from the CL. 
      Two questions spring to mind
      1) Just which 'high profile' opponents do they think they could persuade to add an extra game to their schedule in the middle of the season?
      2) they can't fill the Emptihad for a competitive fixture against 'high profile' opponents let alone friendlies so who do they think is going to be bothered?

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3000: Feb 18, 2020 12:25:42 pm
      One of the Muppets over on Blue Moon is suggesting they organise a series of high profile friendlies on Champions league nights to take attention away from the CL. 
      Two questions spring to mind
      1) Just which 'high profile' opponents do they think they could persuade to add an extra game to their schedule in the middle of the season?
      2) they can't fill the Emptihad for a competitive fixture against 'high profile' opponents let alone friendlies so who do they think is going to be bothered?

Well Man United aren't going to be in the CL for a while, so maybe them? :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3001: Feb 18, 2020 01:33:36 pm
      What I find slightly odd is that most people think that Citeh will get the 2 year ban reduced, yet dont offer any rationale for why they think this. Galatasary did not get their punishment reduced and by the sounds of it Citeh were penalised not so much for breaches of FFP but for obstructing an investigation and cooking their books, that's not the kind of thing that gets overturned easily because if it does you really open the floodgates to corruption and rule breaking.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3002: Feb 18, 2020 02:36:12 pm
      What I find slightly odd is that most people think that Citeh will get the 2 year ban reduced, yet dont offer any rationale for why they think this. Galatasary did not get their punishment reduced and by the sounds of it Citeh were penalised not so much for breaches of FFP but for obstructing an investigation and cooking their books, that's not the kind of thing that gets overturned easily because if it does you really open the floodgates to corruption and rule breaking.

I think the rationale for most people is either stuffed envelopes or the threat that they will tie uefa up for years in a legal battle that could bankrupt them

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3003: Feb 18, 2020 02:58:16 pm

Think people are just sceptical due to the financial might of City & the fact they're essentially owned by the Abu Dhabi state. They'll have the best lawyers money can buy to argue their case for them. This lot have greased enough palms to buypass Human Rights laws in the past, sporting panels will be pretty small fry. Although I'm still quietly hopefully myself
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2020 03:03:38 pm by TameImpala »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3004: Feb 18, 2020 03:56:11 pm
      Think people are just sceptical due to the financial might of City & the fact they're essentially owned by the Abu Dhabi state. They'll have the best lawyers money can buy to argue their case for them. This lot have greased enough palms to buypass Human Rights laws in the past, sporting panels will be pretty small fry. Although I'm still quietly hopefully myself

yet they didn't grease enough palms to get out of the initial punishment. I don't care how many lawyers you employ if you obstructed an investigation and falsified records then you are guilty, easy judgement.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3005: Feb 18, 2020 04:20:51 pm
      Having dominated the league this year with one defeat since the Ice age and having been to the last two CL finals  with a record of Jürgen not being beaten in a two legged tie how are City still favourites for the CL.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3006: Feb 18, 2020 04:45:59 pm
      Having dominated the league this year with one defeat since the Ice age and having been to the last two CL finals  with a record of Jürgen not being beaten in a two legged tie how are City still favourites for the CL.

:lmao:

Even if they get past Real, even if they make the CL their number one priority, I just can't see them getting to the final, never mind winning it! ;D

They can be "favourites" as much as they want, we've got a much better chance of winning it.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3007: Feb 18, 2020 04:51:36 pm
      I don't care how many lawyers you employ if you obstructed an investigation and falsified records then you are guilty, easy judgement.

If only it was that black & white
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3008: Feb 18, 2020 05:08:38 pm
      It is definitely Liverpool's fault for everything that's gone wrong for them this season including CL the ban. As well as VAR's fault. They would already have won this season's league if it weren't for Liverpool and the VAR. They're the most innocent and have definitely been wronged.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3009: Feb 18, 2020 05:12:33 pm

PrestwichBlue
      @PrestwichBlue
      Replying to
      @DanielP25703462

@djwskyblu
       and 13 others
      Funny how all these anti-City accounts with no followers and a handle with a name  with a load of numbers after it keep cropping up isn't it. They must be wearing their fingers out at Anfield and Boston setting all these bots up.

Yep paranoid much?Weren't city advertising for social media gobshites a few weeks back?Although it might explain why no one from Boston is active on social media! ;)
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3010: Feb 18, 2020 05:13:05 pm
      It is definitely Liverpool's fault for everything that's gone wrong for them this season including CL the ban. As well as VAR's fault. They would already have won this season's league if it weren't for Liverpool and the VAR. They're the most innocent and have definitely been wronged.

In a (very small) way, we can thank them for this season's success. Missing out by so narrow a gap last season made us hungry for the title, just like losing in Kyiv made us hungry for the CL.

As for VAR, I think it's removed a lot of the bias towards the bigger clubs but because we tend to be one of the cleanest teams in the league, it didn't affect us as much as other teams.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #3011: Feb 19, 2020 12:35:06 am
      :lmao:

Even if they get past Real, even if they make the CL their number one priority, I just can't see them getting to the final, never mind winning it! ;D

They can be "favourites" as much as they want, we've got a much better chance of winning it.

man i really hate Real if there is two games i would like city to win will have to be this, the amount of sh*t coming out of the real forum about us and the Premiere league and specially today after our loss to Athletico 1-0, fvking Bell Ends Real Madrid supporters
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3012: Feb 19, 2020 08:45:29 am
      man i really hate Real if there is two games i would like city to win will have to be this, the amount of sh*t coming out of the real forum about us and the Premiere league and specially today after our loss to Athletico 1-0, fvking Bell Ends Real Madrid supporters

So is Madrid a bit like Manchester, just shithouse fans wherever you look?  Anyone who supports that Atletico team and how they pay has to be a an utter tw*t as well, it is ugly ugly football and winning by cheating is no victory.

As someone above pointed out, one of the reasons why we are benefiting from VAR more than other teams is that we are a very clean team and play to game with a good spirit and attitude.

Quick Reply