Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 464344 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3496: Nov 07, 2021 02:24:48 pm
      just reflecting on the media going nuts for City yesterday. Yes they dominated UTD and the ball but lets not forget the object of the game is to score goals and they scored one own goal and one scrappy one which any under 11 school team would get a bollocking for letting in. So despite all the hype they beat UTD by two fluke goals unlike two weeks ago where we did all we needed to do with the ball and scored 5 great goals but lets not upset the media's love for all things Pep

Wouldn't worry, the reaction 2 weeks ago tells it's own story, they're not arsed about City. We permenantly live in their heads though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3497: Nov 16, 2021 05:32:16 pm
      Two more counts of Rape added to Mendy's charge sheet.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #3498: Nov 16, 2021 06:10:15 pm
      Two more counts of Rape added to Mendy's charge sheet.

What's the latest with Sigurdson ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #3499: Nov 16, 2021 06:28:56 pm

Still going through the process - still hiding away in a safe house - suspect he is trying to help catch the guys blackmailing

If the story is true then he has been stitched up good and proper
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #3500: Nov 16, 2021 06:29:52 pm
      Still going through the process - still hiding away in a safe house - suspect he is trying to help catch the guys blackmailing

I’m calling bollocks that you know the inner workings of an ongoing criminal case
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #3501: Nov 16, 2021 06:33:58 pm
      I’m calling bollocks that you know the inner workings of an ongoing criminal case
      Most of it is common knowledge 🙄
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3502: Nov 16, 2021 08:03:34 pm

On remand till January
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3503: Nov 16, 2021 08:04:52 pm

If the story is true, he should of left her alone at 15.

Him and Mendy are going down.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #3504: Nov 16, 2021 08:28:07 pm
      If the story is true, he should of left her alone at 15.

Him and Mendy are going down.

Didn’t think he was on remand

And the story I have heard a number of times is he was being blackmailed to the tune of a couple of mil after meeting the girl on social media her saying she was 19 etc only then to be told she was 15 and if you don’t pay her this amount of money we will go public - so he went to the police
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3505: Nov 16, 2021 08:42:26 pm

Didn’t think he was on remand

And the story I have heard a number of times is he was being blackmailed to the tune of a couple of mil after meeting the girl on social media her saying she was 19 etc only then to be told she was 15 and if you don’t pay her this amount of money we will go public - so he went to the police

If he went to the Police he wouldn't be still be getting held and he is and was extended to January.

The story that did the rounds around here was that he's been at it with her since she was 15, he was due to get married, so jibbed her off and she eventually went to the Police. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #3506: Nov 16, 2021 08:59:55 pm
      If he went to the Police he wouldn't be still be getting held and he is and was extended to January.

The story that did the rounds around here was that he's been at it with her since she was 15, he was due to get married, so jibbed her off and she eventually went to the Police.

Are you sure he is still on remand ?

Thought he was released on bail

https://www.latintimes.com/everton-player-arrested-suspicion-child-sex-offenses-gets-3-months-bail-extension-490932?amp=1

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #3507: Dec 04, 2021 05:47:18 pm
      Wolves on all fours after 4 mins I see. Spreading it open nicely for them lot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3508: Jan 07, 2022 06:20:27 pm
      Mendy released on bail today.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,220 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3509: Jan 07, 2022 07:26:21 pm
      First signs of covid in their camp
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #3510: Jan 07, 2022 08:15:56 pm

Probably be an official halt to the season till they can get everyone healthy. ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3511: Jan 07, 2022 08:19:34 pm

I thought they had signed a striker
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #3512: Jan 07, 2022 08:51:07 pm

Doesn't seem to have affected them that badly considering the side they have put out
      nabokov
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #3513: Jan 07, 2022 10:14:56 pm
      Doesn't seem to have affected them that badly considering the side they have put out

What I don't understand is how little the oil money and the sports-washing is ever questioned by the mainstream media. Well, I do understand. If journalists speak out, or question 'Pep' - notice the genial softening of the manager's name - then they will no longer be welcome. Hence, 'Pep' can sit and answer questions that circle around the fact that his net spend is ridiculous with no one daring to directly make the point (or to ask why, or how, that money comes from).
      If it can never be said 'officially,' then I think the crowd need to crow with a more political edge.
      Jamie Webster keeps it nice and trite (and corporate) - I thought we were a political city? - and he blunts a stronger voice into mealy-mouthed banter.
      So why not change the 'rent boy' chant to: 'Oligarchy, oligarchy - oil! oil!'

City should be treated to Abba's 'Money money money,' and Pep would prowl the touchline with those words ringing in his sanctimonious ears:
      'City city city - dirty money - you're a rich man's toy.
      Pep can buy the title, but it ain't worth
      the human right's abuse...'

I'm new to these forums, but how do we get this to happen by the time City next stroll into town?
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #3514: Jan 08, 2022 12:17:42 pm
      Yeah the effrontery of the cu*ts to make a big issue of a covid reduced squad like they didn't have multiple, multi-million pound replacements
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3515: Jan 08, 2022 03:43:08 pm
      If it can never be said 'officially,' then I think the crowd need to crow with a more political edge.
      Jamie Webster keeps it nice and trite (and corporate) - I thought we were a political city? - and he blunts a stronger voice into mealy-mouthed banter.

City should be treated to Abba's 'Money money money,' and Pep would prowl the touchline with those words ringing in his sanctimonious ears:

I'm new to these forums, but how do we get this to happen by the time City next stroll into town?

What the F**k are you on about first? Made a right c**t out of yourself by having a F***ing go at Jamie Webster.

Lad's done well for himself, the way you talk about him makes you sound like a bitter, jealous blue!!

And the abba suggestion sounds tremendously wool!!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #3516: Jan 08, 2022 06:24:38 pm

how do we get this to happen by the time City next stroll into town?

We don't because it sounds F***ing sh*te.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3517: Jan 08, 2022 07:02:30 pm
      What I don't understand is how little the oil money and the sports-washing is ever questioned by the mainstream media. Well, I do understand. If journalists speak out, or question 'Pep' - notice the genial softening of the manager's name - then they will no longer be welcome. Hence, 'Pep' can sit and answer questions that circle around the fact that his net spend is ridiculous with no one daring to directly make the point (or to ask why, or how, that money comes from).

What the F**k is this sh*te 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Got to be on the wind up
      nabokov
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #3518: Jan 08, 2022 11:14:30 pm
      Nothing against Jamie Webster himself - or how well he has done - but I just wish there could be more bite to the songs.
      Football is the opiate of the people, and in many ways it helps to keep the people in their place. It is also a very powerful force and could be used for political good if better directed. The COVID lockdowns showed us the power, and bandwidth, of football - why not use that to say something bigger?

Football was meant to change after the fans turned on the breakaway Euro league. United fans stormed the pitch, then months later they're gleefully buying up Ronaldo shirts. Newcastle are now oil owned, and there seems to be no question. City are back to sponsoring themselves, after the FFP bottled their decision (fearing court proceedings that City could have drawn out for years).

Protecting their self-interest, sports journalists will only ever skim the surface of such issues, but a crowd can sing (and placard) whatever it likes, and I think they should. The Crystal Palace banner was brilliant, and the fact that the police considered prosecuting shows how near the bone it came. The 'earn it' t-shirts placed in the Liverpool changing room (after the idea of the breakaway league emerged) were powerful too, the irony being that Klopp's boys had most definitely earned their achievements - they had not bought or cheated, but developed and nurtured (from a modest net spend). They were the wrong target: false class consciousness.

Those t-shirts would have been best placed in the City dressing room, because City's financial power is unprecedented, and - in breaking rules supposed to hold them in check - amounts to cheating. City and Pep should face the 'earn' it question every week: 'earn it not buy it' would be an apt slogan.

We need to make these points from the terrace (where we are free to): we need to sing, loud and proud, so that no one misses the point, and have our voices stretch out beyond the narrow confines of football.

Quick Reply