Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 455292 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3519: Jan 09, 2022 12:50:57 am
      Nothing against Jamie Webster himself - or how well he has done - but I just wish there could be more bite to the songs.
      Football is the opiate of the people, and in many ways it helps to keep the people in their place. It is also a very powerful force and could be used for political good if better directed. The COVID lockdowns showed us the power, and bandwidth, of football - why not use that to say something bigger?

Football was meant to change after the fans turned on the breakaway Euro league. United fans stormed the pitch, then months later they're gleefully buying up Ronaldo shirts. Newcastle are now oil owned, and there seems to be no question. City are back to sponsoring themselves, after the FFP bottled their decision (fearing court proceedings that City could have drawn out for years).

Protecting their self-interest, sports journalists will only ever skim the surface of such issues, but a crowd can sing (and placard) whatever it likes, and I think they should. The Crystal Palace banner was brilliant, and the fact that the police considered prosecuting shows how near the bone it came. The 'earn it' t-shirts placed in the Liverpool changing room (after the idea of the breakaway league emerged) were powerful too, the irony being that Klopp's boys had most definitely earned their achievements - they had not bought or cheated, but developed and nurtured (from a modest net spend). They were the wrong target: false class consciousness.

Those t-shirts would have been best placed in the City dressing room, because City's financial power is unprecedented, and - in breaking rules supposed to hold them in check - amounts to cheating. City and Pep should face the 'earn' it question every week: 'earn it not buy it' would be an apt slogan.

We need to make these points from the terrace (where we are free to): we need to sing, loud and proud, so that no one misses the point, and have our voices stretch out beyond the narrow confines of football.

1) What the F**k is this sh*t?
      2) Why are you bringing Jamie Webster into it?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3520: Jan 09, 2022 02:04:46 am
      Nothing against Jamie Webster himself - or how well he has done - but I just wish there could be more bite to the songs.
      Football is the opiate of the people, and in many ways it helps to keep the people in their place. It is also a very powerful force and could be used for political good if better directed. The COVID lockdowns showed us the power, and bandwidth, of football - why not use that to say something bigger?

Football was meant to change after the fans turned on the breakaway Euro league. United fans stormed the pitch, then months later they're gleefully buying up Ronaldo shirts. Newcastle are now oil owned, and there seems to be no question. City are back to sponsoring themselves, after the FFP bottled their decision (fearing court proceedings that City could have drawn out for years).

Protecting their self-interest, sports journalists will only ever skim the surface of such issues, but a crowd can sing (and placard) whatever it likes, and I think they should. The Crystal Palace banner was brilliant, and the fact that the police considered prosecuting shows how near the bone it came. The 'earn it' t-shirts placed in the Liverpool changing room (after the idea of the breakaway league emerged) were powerful too, the irony being that Klopp's boys had most definitely earned their achievements - they had not bought or cheated, but developed and nurtured (from a modest net spend). They were the wrong target: false class consciousness.

Those t-shirts would have been best placed in the City dressing room, because City's financial power is unprecedented, and - in breaking rules supposed to hold them in check - amounts to cheating. City and Pep should face the 'earn' it question every week: 'earn it not buy it' would be an apt slogan.

We need to make these points from the terrace (where we are free to): we need to sing, loud and proud, so that no one misses the point, and have our voices stretch out beyond the narrow confines of football.

More bite to the songs like 'Oligarchy, oligarchy - oil! oil!'

Do me a favour.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3521: Jan 09, 2022 10:50:38 am
      More bite to the songs like 'Oligarchy, oligarchy - oil! oil!'

Do me a favour.

I like it

garchy - oil
      garchy - oil
      garchy garchy garchy oil oil oil
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3522: Jan 09, 2022 12:27:35 pm

What like "Who the F***ing hell are you, who the F***ing hell are you?"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3523: Jan 12, 2022 09:01:29 pm
      https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1481298180255985670?s=21

So during a time that there was zero matchday revenue Man City have managed to get a profit of Ā£2mil

Income of Ā£570mil

Including Ā£270 mil commercial income

All through parties of course owned by the UAE government 😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/footiestatto/status/1481340820771033091?s=21

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3524: Jan 12, 2022 09:17:38 pm
      https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1481298180255985670?s=21

So during a time that there was zero matchday revenue Man City have managed to get a profit of Ā£2mil

Income of Ā£570mil

Including Ā£270 mil commercial income

All through parties of course owned by the UAE government 😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/footiestatto/status/1481340820771033091?s=21

Itā€™s an absolute joke. So blatant what is happening at City and the other oil clubs but nothing will be done.

Unfortunately I think City will dominate the league until something changes and every few years or so youā€™ll get another winner.

Honestly I have absolutely no respect for what Pep has ā€˜achievedā€™ there - absolutely no merit in any of it.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #3525: Jan 12, 2022 09:38:33 pm
      It stinks of corruption.  Unfortunately unless the governing bodies step in and call a halt to it, it will get worse with clubs that are backed by Billions will just get bigger and better and a lot of clubs will get left behind including us I fear.

I would like to see a level playing field but how you do that I have no idea. Football is slowly dying as we used to know it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3526: Jan 12, 2022 10:59:39 pm
      It stinks of corruption.  Unfortunately unless the governing bodies step in and call a halt to it, it will get worse with clubs that are backed by Billions will just get bigger and better and a lot of clubs will get left behind including us I fear.

I would like to see a level playing field but how you do that I have no idea. Football is slowly dying as we used to know it.

they have been investigated and cleared. Just because they have owners who are willing to pump money in any form doesnt mean they are the only ones who are not squeeky clean. I hope it all blows up and players have to manage on Ā£300k a year not a week and the grounds will still be full and ticket prices at a level were ordinary people can afford them
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3527: Jan 13, 2022 07:16:46 am
      they have been investigated and cleared. Just because they have owners who are willing to pump money in any form doesnt mean they are the only ones who are not squeeky clean. I hope it all blows up and players have to manage on Ā£300k a year not a week and the grounds will still be full and ticket prices at a level were ordinary people can afford them

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😁😂😁😁😁😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3528: Jan 15, 2022 01:17:29 pm
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3529: Jan 15, 2022 01:19:23 pm
      Commentator just called it the emptyhad ;D 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3530: Jan 15, 2022 01:20:42 pm
      Commentator just called it the emptyhad ;D 😂

Yeah I heard that.  :lmao: It was Jim Beglin.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3531: Jan 17, 2022 10:21:33 am
      Anybody else hear Danny Murphy on MOTD last nite say to catch Shitty ( meaning city )  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3532: Jan 17, 2022 10:59:13 am

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😁😂😁😁😁😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

even the New York times knows  more than you.
      "To Manchester City and its fans, that is what matters. The Court of Arbitration for Sport has cleared its name on appeal, striking down the charge from UEFA, the body theoretically in charge of European soccer, that City misrepresented some of its financing to circumvent cost-control rules."
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3533: Jan 17, 2022 11:17:17 am
      even the New York times knows  more than you.
      "To Manchester City and its fans, that is what matters. The Court of Arbitration for Sport has cleared its name on appeal, striking down the charge from UEFA, the body theoretically in charge of European soccer, that City misrepresented some of its financing to circumvent cost-control rules."

You do know they are currently under investigation by the Prem League - something that City have tried to keep quiet ( and failed ) and that the UEFA investigation was a complete mess with City making sure it caused issues
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3534: Jan 17, 2022 11:26:15 am
      You do know they are currently under investigation by the Prem League - something that City have tried to keep quiet ( and failed ) and that the UEFA investigation was a complete mess with City making sure it caused issues

So..?

You have to tip your hat to the owners who have ploughed their own money into the local area.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3535: Jan 17, 2022 11:39:07 am
      So..?

You have to tip your hat to the owners who have ploughed their own money into the local area.

I donā€™t have to tip my hat at all 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø They have financially cheated and are a stain on the sport - you can tip your hat if you wish
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3536: Jan 17, 2022 11:57:41 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3537: Jan 17, 2022 12:31:55 pm

I know your full of sh*t and are here to promote FSG you were even defending JH wife because of stuff on twitter well if you go on twitter you leave yourself open she's a big girl and doesnt need you to help her. So City are not guilty of anything you just cannot accept anything other than what is on your agenda just pathetic
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3538: Jan 17, 2022 12:33:37 pm
      So..?

he has his myopic View FSG good everyone else bad including anyone who doesn't bow at the feet of our masters.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3539: Jan 17, 2022 12:40:20 pm
      I know your full of sh*t and are here to promote FSG you were even defending JH wife because of stuff on twitter well if you go on twitter you leave yourself open she's a big girl and doesnt need you to help her. So City are not guilty of anything you just cannot accept anything other than what is on your agenda just pathetic

Why are you bringing FSG into it once again ?

And just because someone posts on Twitter doesnā€™t mean they are open to abuse but then abuse does seem your mantra

This is about City and the fact their owners have financially cheated to put them where they are now -

It is amusing when you post stuff like this on other threads

the King of Spains play thing subsidised by Government etc. We always tried to fo the right thing and still won 18 league titles and 5 CL doing it the right way we dont need any lessons

Yet complain about our owners who are trying to do the right thing 🤔
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #3540: Jan 17, 2022 05:47:58 pm
      Is there really people on here now applauding how City have went about how they've grown that club?

F**k me.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3541: Jan 17, 2022 06:42:20 pm
      Is there really people on here now applauding how City have went about how they've grown that club?

F**k me.

do you care where FSG got their Billions from not from a corner shop or from putting in a few hours overtime. He made his money basically gambling on Oil, Currency and Bond Markets  but money directly from oil isnt acceptable?.

Quick Reply