Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 455227 times
      RedWilly and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3795: May 25, 2022 08:22:28 am
      Are we behind them though? We've won both domestic cups and one of those was at the expense of City en-route. We're further in the Champions League, which aside from last season, happens every season these days. Sure we missed out by a point, but given we've won more and could potentially be kings of Europe once again, I wouldn't say we are behind them at all. I'd say it was pretty much even, if we win on Saturday then I'd actually say we are ahead of them because it doesn't just come down to the Premier League to decide who is ahead of who, there's 3 other competitions that all play a part and the Champions League will always be viewed as the more important one to win by a lot of people.

Well it’s close and still will be again. Maybe I didn’t choose my words properly Ben sorry. However, with the addition of Haaland I just think the gap next year will be better. Mind you you’ve probably still got summer signings so will be interesting what they bring in, especially for your midfield which I think your weakest position.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3796: May 25, 2022 08:30:52 am
      Quick question for you Keith (and anybody else)...

Who will get to 22 titles first?
      United? (They need 2)
      Liverpool? (They need 3)
      Or city? (They need 14)

Christ you put me on the spot with this one.  :lmao:

Difficult to answer isn’t it based on how all three teams currently playing. Certainly not United anyway. Like anything in football the tide turns, it’s just when. Wish I had a crystal ball to answer you.  ;D

If I base my opinion on last five years I’d say you lot! 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3797: May 25, 2022 06:28:41 pm
      can I just say one thing about Pep an observation. He beat us by one point and spent £100mil on Jack Grealish to do it. Jürgen must piss himself laughing in private at times when the media fawn all over him
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #3798: May 25, 2022 06:39:48 pm
      Reading the last couple of pages I think it needs to be admitted that Pep is a F***ing great coach, maybe the best ever. His teams are pretty much perfect. Klopp is better because we are pretty much equal to City with not a tenth of their financial resources, but to deny how good Pep is sounds bitter. And it's not just talent and money is it? To deny us twice by one point takes massive resilience and mental strength.

The test for Pep is can he do what Bielsa did? Can he make low performing teams with minimal budgets into very high performing teams. Until then he is behind Klopp in my view. And I really look forward to the day he turns up at Fulham, or wherever..
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3799: May 26, 2022 12:09:12 am
      Reading the last couple of pages I think it needs to be admitted that Pep is a f**king great coach, maybe the best ever. His teams are pretty much perfect. Klopp is better because we are pretty much equal to City with not a tenth of their financial resources, but to deny how good Pep is sounds bitter. And it's not just talent and money is it? To deny us twice by one point takes massive resilience and mental strength.

The test for Pep is can he do what Bielsa did? Can he make low performing teams with minimal budgets into very high performing teams. Until then he is behind Klopp in my view. And I really look forward to the day he turns up at Fulham, or wherever..

He is a great coach... if he takes over a team which is already strong and has a billion pound to improve it.

Klopp is better and I’ll tell you why.
      He never goes for the easy option.
      He won two league titles in Germany despite the strength of Bayern.
      He ends our 30 year wait.

But also, if klopp went to any team in the premier league or the championship, they would improve.
      That wouldn’t happen with pep. Not unless he had money and no limit on wages etc.

Next job for pep will be PSG.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3800: Jun 11, 2022 08:15:51 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3801: Jun 11, 2022 08:20:28 pm
      It looks like the boxer Anthony Crolla :lmao:

The road sign just adds to the shitness.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3802: Jun 11, 2022 08:44:14 pm
      F**k off that’s Ross Barkley…  :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3803: Jun 11, 2022 09:17:25 pm
      F**k off that’s Ross Barkley…  :lmao:

I thought it was an elephant with them ears  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3804: Jun 12, 2022 04:02:10 pm
      I thought it was an elephant with them ears  :lmao:

:D

Is there a new Dumbo film out that Disney are promoting??!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #3805: Jun 12, 2022 05:07:21 pm
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3806: Jun 12, 2022 07:53:35 pm
      :D

Is there a new Dumbo film out that Disney are promoting??!

Appropriate name indeed for him  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3807: Jun 15, 2022 03:35:40 pm
      La Liga are not happy with PSG or City and are asking the EU for help. Its kind of ironic given the money RM have spent of decades sponsored by the King or Gov. Lets see how this plays out once again.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #3808: Jun 15, 2022 06:05:17 pm
      La Liga are not happy with PSG or City and are asking the EU for help. Its kind of ironic given the money RM have spent of decades sponsored by the King or Gov. Lets see how this plays out once again.

My enemy's enemy is my friend, or something like that. RM and Barcelona have been out bidding everyone else for years for the best players. Now it's happening to them they go crying to UEFA, I've got no sympathy.

But Man City are a bigger problem for us, so I'll cheer on RM. Everything they complain about is true, just a bit hypocritical.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3809: Jun 16, 2022 01:01:15 pm
      My enemy's enemy is my friend, or something like that. RM and Barcelona have been out bidding everyone else for years for the best players. Now it's happening to them they go crying to UEFA, I've got no sympathy.

But Man City are a bigger problem for us, so I'll cheer on RM. Everything they complain about is true, just a bit hypocritical.

Absolutely hypocritical but if they can stop these two Clubs destroying football financing then good, a 10 point deduction for the next three seasons would be a good start
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3810: Jun 24, 2022 08:36:17 pm
      Deal for £50m agreed for Kalvin Phillips. They don’t f**k about do they? So that’ll be another £100+ million transfer window for them. It’s a wonder how they manage to compete on such a shoestring budget.

P.S. looking at their transfer dealings between 2015-18, there are some real eye watering figures. A total of £666m spent across those 3 seasons (only recouped about £170m in that time in departures).
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2022 09:08:31 pm by ConzS »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3811: Jun 25, 2022 10:07:44 am
      Deal for £50m agreed for Kalvin Phillips. They don’t f**k about do they? So that’ll be another £100+ million transfer window for them. It’s a wonder how they manage to compete on such a shoestring budget.

P.S. looking at their transfer dealings between 2015-18, there are some real eye watering figures. A total of £666m spent across those 3 seasons (only recouped about £170m in that time in departures).
      Is it true he turned down approaches from you lot! and  United ? 
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #3812: Jun 25, 2022 11:40:29 am
      £666m spent across those 3 seasons

They have sold their souls to the devil for trophies.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3813: Jun 25, 2022 01:28:28 pm

Looks more like a white version of Wijnaldum.

Is it true he turned down approaches from you lot! and  United ? 

I doubt it.

Regarding City’s transfer business. Not really sure what’s going on there. No doubting Haaland’s ability, a world class player but his style of play is the complete opposite to that of Pep and City. Think Lautaro Martinez would’ve been more suited.
      Alvarez just seems like a straight swap for Jesus - limited game time.
      Phillips I have never understood the hype about, not the level I’d have expected them to go after. 145mill spent on Grealish and Phillips to just sit on the bench most weeks.

If they lose that rat Bernardo this summer, that will be a bigger impact than the signings they’ve made.

They don’t look like they’ve really strengthened to me, just sideways steps. Just my take on it like.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3814: Jun 25, 2022 01:58:12 pm

Regarding City’s transfer business. Not really sure what’s going on there. No doubting Haaland’s ability, a world class player but his style of play is the complete opposite to that of Pep and City. Think Lautaro Martinez would’ve been more suited.
      Phillips I have never understood the hype about, not the level I’d have expected them to go after. 145mill spent on Grealish and Phillips to just sit on the bench most weeks.

If they lose that rat Bernardo this summer, that will be a bigger impact than the signings they’ve made.

They don’t look like they’ve really strengthened to me, just sideways steps. Just my take on it like.

Little surprised at your comments Ben.

On paper Haaland should improve any side based on what he’s done over the last couple of years and you’d think he will improve. Granted it’s a tougher league he’s coming to but looks such a beast I think he will do it.  :(

Phillips will be a good addition and even though you don’t think it won’t improve the side it must certain, won’t do them any harm. It’s a embarrassing of riches they have even if it’s only on the bench.

Sadly I think they’ve improved, hopefully you can tell me next May I was wrong.   ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3815: Jun 25, 2022 01:59:24 pm

Little surprised at your comments Ben.

On paper Haaland should improve any side based on what he’s done over the last couple of years and you’d think he will improve. Granted it’s a tougher league he’s coming to but looks such a beast I think he will do it.  :(

Phillips will be a good addition and even though you don’t think it won’t improve the side it must certain, won’t do them any harm. It’s a embarrassing of riches they have even if it’s only on the bench.

Sadly I think they’ve improved, hopefully you can tell me next May I was wrong.   ;D

Like I say, just my take on things.

Hopefully your view is as accurate as your view to how the top 4 would look last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3816: Jun 25, 2022 01:59:29 pm
      Looks more like a white version of Wijnaldum.

I doubt it.

Their plastic fans are more concerned about amount spent as opposed to bringing in the right players.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3817: Jun 25, 2022 02:07:33 pm
      Like I say, just my take on things.

Hopefully your view is as accurate as your view to how the top 4 would look last season.

:lmao: Well it’s about opinions, it could be worse, least I have a go. Be glad I’m not that lad across the water who’s opinions are always after studying media outlets  ;D

I’ll be doing another one this year when transfer market finished. Already have you lot second and noisy neighbours 1st.  ;D

Ps… no bottling out this year and get your predictions in  ;)
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2022 02:19:24 pm by Keith Singleton »

Quick Reply