Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 462457 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3818: Jun 25, 2022 02:07:54 pm
      Looks more like a white version of Wijnaldum.

I doubt it.

Regarding City’s transfer business. Not really sure what’s going on there. No doubting Haaland’s ability, a world class player but his style of play is the complete opposite to that of Pep and City. Think Lautaro Martinez would’ve been more suited.
      Alvarez just seems like a straight swap for Jesus - limited game time.
      Phillips I have never understood the hype about, not the level I’d have expected them to go after. 145mill spent on Grealish and Phillips to just sit on the bench most weeks.

If they lose that rat Bernardo this summer, that will be a bigger impact than the signings they’ve made.

They don’t look like they’ve really strengthened to me, just sideways steps. Just my take on it like.

I fear people might underestimate Alvarez. From what I've seen and read, he seems much better suited to Pep's tactics than Haaland. He could really be a bargain buy for them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3819: Jun 25, 2022 02:21:05 pm
      I fear people might underestimate Alvarez. From what I've seen and read, he seems much better suited to Pep's tactics than Haaland. He could really be a bargain buy for them.

Game time though isn’t it. City will only play one of him and Haaland and they won’t risk pissing Haaland off by benching him. Alvarez will just fill the void left by Jesus; he will play cup games, the odd league start here and there and doesn’t matter how well he plays, Haaland will be back in the team ahead of him.
      Alvarez’ best hope is that Haaland continues to struggle with injuries.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3820: Jun 25, 2022 03:48:13 pm
      Phillips I have never understood the hype about, not the level I’d have expected them to go after. 145mill spent on Grealish and Phillips to just sit on the bench most weeks.

I found players under Pep seem to take a season to adjust before really breaking out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Grealish have a great season for them and play a bigger role within the club.

I don't understand Phillips as well, tidy player but nothing really outstanding about his game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3821: Jun 25, 2022 05:14:00 pm
      I found players under Pep seem to take a season to adjust before really breaking out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Grealish have a great season for them and play a bigger role within the club.

I don't understand Phillips as well, tidy player but nothing really outstanding about his game.

Be interesting if Phillips can do it in a class  side.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3822: Jun 25, 2022 05:22:32 pm
      Be interesting if Phillips can do it in a class  side.

I just dont see him or Rice as top players which is good because if Southgate rates them the I dont.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #3823: Jun 25, 2022 08:17:54 pm
      Not concerned about Phillips. He's decent but nothing special IMO. Haaland however is the real deal, whilst Alvarez looks to have bags of potential. Overall they will be a formidable proposition next season I've no doubt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3824: Jun 25, 2022 10:00:35 pm
      Danny Mills thinks Philips is a bargain at ÂŁ45mil that must make Diaz buy of the century
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3825: Jun 26, 2022 12:01:36 am
      Danny Mills thinks Philips is a bargain at ÂŁ45mil that must make Diaz buy of the century

Danny Mills... Enough said.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3826: Jun 26, 2022 12:22:59 pm
      Phillips deal reminds me of when they sign Ake, most likely to be just be cover Rodri.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #3827: Jun 27, 2022 12:18:11 pm
      Maybe quite relevant for this lot - how Abu Dhabi is making profit out of the UK's children's care and those with additional support needs.

https://twitter.com/MartinBarrow/status/1534460428310519813

How utterly rancid.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3828: Jun 27, 2022 02:32:33 pm
      Maybe quite relevant for this lot - how Abu Dhabi is making profit out of the UK's children's care and those with additional support needs.

https://twitter.com/MartinBarrow/status/1534460428310519813

How utterly rancid.

ongoing Trend Money is King they dont care how they get a profit or from who.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3829: Jul 01, 2022 04:28:11 pm
      what a shame Mo has signed a major blow for City .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #3830: Jul 16, 2022 07:56:55 pm
      Foden, Gundogan and Stones outed as anti vaxxers after not being allowed to enter the US. Would have expected better from Gundogan. Foden and Stones though? Not a single brain cell between them so no surprise there.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3831: Jul 17, 2022 11:17:05 am
      They are currently doing a very good job at selling their fringe players for overly large fees. It's annoying.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3832: Jul 17, 2022 08:45:55 pm
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3833: Jul 17, 2022 08:58:02 pm

Not going to lie, that was funny.
      Most of them probably didn't understand the 'complicated' words he used.  ;D ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3834: Jul 18, 2022 05:38:56 am
      Was F***ing hilarious. Saw that this morning, thanks for posting it, saves me the trouble.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3835: Jul 22, 2022 09:07:29 am
      Jack Grealish, trying to be a tough guy... in a pre-season friendly.  :lmao:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManagerTactical/status/1549939369364045826
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3836: Jul 22, 2022 12:04:48 pm
      Arsehole.. his Alice band must have slipped
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #3837: Jul 22, 2022 03:53:19 pm

The keeper must of been using big words when lifting pretty boy up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #3838: Jul 27, 2022 04:42:51 pm
      Oh what the F**k now!!

Anyone for a smart scarf? City fans all set for high-tech matchday upgrade

From the long-gone rattle to instant replays on smart phones, football fans have long marched happily in step with the technological upgrades that enhance their match-day experiences but now comes a gadget that offers to measure their emotional response through the humble supporters’ scarf.

Select Manchester City fans will be offered a “smart scarf” next season, the latest in wearable technology that sees a biometric sensor integrated into the fabric to monitor emotional, physiological and movement data. Using an EmotiBit bio sensor that sits discreetly on the neck, The Connected Scarf, as it has been snappily dubbed, captures the body’s bio-signals throughout a match.

It also records a range of physiological measures, including heart rate, body temperature and emotional responses, offering information on how fans feel at different moments.

“In our work with City over the past few years, we’ve continuously looked for ways to connect fans to the sport they love, on another level,” said Ashley Marusak, the Global Sports Marketing Manager for Cisco, which helped develop the product.

“The Connected Scarf is an exciting project for us to pilot together, as we seek to better understand and measure the ups and downs of football fandom and how the game impacts supporters not only emotionally, but physically as well.”

Ryan Shaw, a director of Octagon UK, which partnered with Cisco in the project, said The Connected Scarf would help them understand the physiological emotions fans go through. “Creating this technology from scratch has been an incredible journey, and we’re incredibly excited about how much this scarf can teach us about fans and club culture,” he said.

Production and technology agency Unit9 also helped spearhead the initiative.

The scarf will not be readily available to all fans yet as only a select number will be distributed to supporters of City and also those of their sister club New York City FC in the United States. “It’s a brilliant idea and gives us more of a special connection with the fans,” City defender Aymeric Laporte said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/27/anyone-for-a-smart-scarf-city-fans-all-set-for-high-tech-matchday-upgrade

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #3839: Jul 27, 2022 05:24:08 pm
      Oh what the f**k now!!

Anyone for a smart scarf? City fans all set for high-tech matchday upgrade

From the long-gone rattle to instant replays on smart phones, football fans have long marched happily in step with the technological upgrades that enhance their match-day experiences but now comes a gadget that offers to measure their emotional response through the humble supporters’ scarf.

Select Manchester City fans will be offered a “smart scarf” next season, the latest in wearable technology that sees a biometric sensor integrated into the fabric to monitor emotional, physiological and movement data. Using an EmotiBit bio sensor that sits discreetly on the neck, The Connected Scarf, as it has been snappily dubbed, captures the body’s bio-signals throughout a match.

It also records a range of physiological measures, including heart rate, body temperature and emotional responses, offering information on how fans feel at different moments.

“In our work with City over the past few years, we’ve continuously looked for ways to connect fans to the sport they love, on another level,” said Ashley Marusak, the Global Sports Marketing Manager for Cisco, which helped develop the product.

“The Connected Scarf is an exciting project for us to pilot together, as we seek to better understand and measure the ups and downs of football fandom and how the game impacts supporters not only emotionally, but physically as well.”

Ryan Shaw, a director of Octagon UK, which partnered with Cisco in the project, said The Connected Scarf would help them understand the physiological emotions fans go through. “Creating this technology from scratch has been an incredible journey, and we’re incredibly excited about how much this scarf can teach us about fans and club culture,” he said.

Production and technology agency Unit9 also helped spearhead the initiative.

The scarf will not be readily available to all fans yet as only a select number will be distributed to supporters of City and also those of their sister club New York City FC in the United States. “It’s a brilliant idea and gives us more of a special connection with the fans,” City defender Aymeric Laporte said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/27/anyone-for-a-smart-scarf-city-fans-all-set-for-high-tech-matchday-upgrade

A hopeless cause from the outset because it assumes that Man City fans have vitals.

Good lord, how desperate.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3840: Jul 27, 2022 05:51:09 pm
      A hopeless cause from the outset because it assumes that Man City fans have vitals.

Good lord, how desperate.

At least, it won't cost them too much. After all, they have what, 50 fans? And that's counting the players families.

Quick Reply