Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 465356 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3864: Aug 22, 2022 12:21:42 pm
      Newcastle battered them first half. If it wasn't for some sloppy defending, they would have won comfortably.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3865: Aug 22, 2022 04:04:53 pm
      Newcastle battered them first half. If it wasn't for some sloppy defending, they would have won comfortably.

Not many teams can come back from being 3-1 down away from home, such is their strength going to be so hard to beat them this year. Haaland continues to impress.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3866: Aug 22, 2022 04:15:28 pm

Ey? Continues to impress? Following on from his 8 touches against Bournemouth, other than his goal this week he didn't do anything. He was meant to be the difference for City in these types of games but Gundogan has looked a bigger threat at CF than Haaland has. Other than the goal and 1 moment when he was played through 1v1 but missed, the Newcastle defence didn't have any problems from him because most of the time he's just stood around with his his back to goal. He's looking like a player that's had it easy in a weaker league and had a load of space to constantly run into, but he's not going to get that here

I know people want to say Haalands smashing it or whatever but to me he's just looking like City have signed more of a profile rather than what they actually needed. The needed a forward like Aguero, who was constantly on the move and made it a living hell for defenders. In the 6 yard box Haaland is great but he's got to show more than that. I said this before he even went to City, that he wasn't right for them and I've seen nothing from him to suggest otherwise.

Haaland will get goals in and around the 6 yard box but they will be worse off moving on Sterling and Jesus in order to accomodate Haaland. So far, Jesus is making it look like a bad decision for City moving him on rather than giving him a proper chance at playing through the middle.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #3867: Aug 22, 2022 04:32:24 pm
      Ey? Continues to impress? Following on from his 8 touches against Bournemouth, other than his goal this week he didn't do anything. He was meant to be the difference for City in these types of games but Gundogan has looked a bigger threat at CF than Haaland has. Other than the goal and 1 moment when he was played through 1v1 but missed, the Newcastle defence didn't have any problems from him because most of the time he's just stood around with his his back to goal. He's looking like a player that's had it easy in a weaker league and had a load of space to constantly run into, but he's not going to get that here

I know people want to say Haalands smashing it or whatever but to me he's just looking like City have signed more of a profile rather than what they actually needed. The needed a forward like Aguero, who was constantly on the move and made it a living hell for defenders. In the 6 yard box Haaland is great but he's got to show more than that. I said this before he even went to City, that he wasn't right for them and I've seen nothing from him to suggest otherwise.

Haaland will get goals in and around the 6 yard box but they will be worse off moving on Sterling and Jesus in order to accomodate Haaland. So far, Jesus is making it look like a bad decision for City moving him on rather than giving him a proper chance at playing through the middle.
      Agreed, 100%. Good analysis. He's also a threat with the through ball, when he's running at defenders. So you have to mark the space around him. Right now, I'd say he's finding it very different to the Bundesliga.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3868: Aug 22, 2022 04:32:46 pm

Thing what I mean about it is pretty much what your saying but the difference is he’s still scoring. Hasn’t he already scored 3 goals since joining them? To me he looks like when we’ll settled the flood gates will open. He will score a few hatricks this year for sure, well I think so anyway.

Jesus got off to a incredible start just like the whole team. Early days but looking like a top 4 side already. I’m waiting for the transfer window to close so I can do my who will win the league again.   :lmao: 
      You can rib me again on my selections  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3869: Aug 22, 2022 04:35:52 pm
      Hasn’t he already scored 3 goals since joining them?

Antonio had about 6 goals in his first 3 games last season and Rodrigo is already on 4 so I wouldn't read too much into that just yet ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3870: Aug 22, 2022 04:40:17 pm
      Antonio had about 6 goals in his first 3 games last season and Rodrigo is already on 4 so I wouldn't read too much into that just yet ;)

Well I still fancy him to be top scorer at end of the season, only got 3/1 though.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #3871: Aug 25, 2022 01:41:22 pm
      Well I still fancy him to be top scorer at end of the season, only got 3/1 though.
      The problem with Haaland, he's one-dimensional. The problem with Haaland, he's very very good at it!
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2022 05:42:51 pm by Rush »
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #3872: Aug 27, 2022 05:33:16 pm
      Sick of these cu*ts turning round 2 goal deficits..we re meant to be the mentality beasts
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3873: Aug 27, 2022 05:34:58 pm
      Sick of these cu*ts turning round 2 goal deficits..we re meant to be the mentality beasts

Their going to do what United did with the class of 92.  :throw:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3874: Aug 27, 2022 06:04:06 pm
      Their going to do what United did with the class of 92.  :throw:

produce rapists ????
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3875: Aug 27, 2022 06:08:22 pm
      Quote from waltonl4 link=topic=20355.msg2494630#msg2494630 date  =1661619846
      produce rapists ????

You can call it what you want mate but this city team is fcuking  good.   :f_wah:
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3876: Aug 27, 2022 09:40:49 pm
      You can call it what you want mate but this city team is fcuking  good.   :f_wah:

They just don't stop and Haaland is unbelievable. His movement is crazy and they'll just keep feeding him
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3877: Aug 27, 2022 10:14:26 pm

scary to be honest they have no weakness in the entire squad but still no CL trophy thanks to you know who
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3878: Aug 27, 2022 10:24:44 pm
      scary to be honest they have no weakness in the entire squad but still no CL trophy thanks to you know who

Them getting Haaland was the worse thing that could happen in our league. Wont be his last hatrick today, there’s plenty of them coming off him this season. Honestly believe they can’t be touched. They don’t know when their beaten.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3879: Aug 27, 2022 10:39:54 pm
      Them getting Haaland was the worse thing that could happen in our league. Wont be his last hatrick today, there’s plenty of them coming off him this season. Honestly believe they can’t be touched. They don’t know when their beaten.

Yeah feels like the final piece to a perfect jigsaw. I think last season has had the opposite effect on them that it's had on us. No one can't blame our boys if they're feeling like F**k me we just can't top these guys. They're probably feeling like no one can top us. It shows in their displays
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 833 posts | 298 
      Reply #3880: Aug 28, 2022 01:22:04 am
      It's August FFS. They are a very good team but I'm not convinced they are better than last season.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3881: Aug 28, 2022 07:37:44 am
      They won't win the league this year, it's Arse or us or an outsider. City are screwed, sick of seeing their manager in shitty clothes moping around too.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3882: Aug 28, 2022 07:53:59 am

And? Some of you lot already written yourselves out of the league
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3883: Aug 28, 2022 07:54:23 am
      They won't win the league this year, it's Arse or us or an outsider. City are screwed, sick of seeing their manager in shitty clothes moping around too.

Any odds flying about please?  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #3884: Aug 28, 2022 08:15:25 am

Arsenal ?!? 😂😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3885: Aug 28, 2022 10:18:52 am
      people can pretend Haaland isnt the real deal  but if he stays fit the rest of the league are in trouble he is unplayable with that level of strength speed and ability he is a freak.
      Hopefully Slab head will do him in the Manc derby
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #3886: Aug 28, 2022 10:29:04 am
      He's very good and excels at the power and pace game. In that past, I've thought he's looked a bit clumsy, but he showed quite a deft touch for his third goal. That said, surely Palace defenders have to do better than that. I get that he's strong, but for me, the defending was weak. Almost like they were in awe of him.

Time will tell but so far so good.

Quick Reply