Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 462862 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3956: Sep 04, 2022 02:37:56 pm
      See how he goes once the injuries kick in!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3957: Sep 05, 2022 02:31:58 am
      We 5 points off them and 6 off the top and we haven't even come out of 1st gear yet and people on Social media saying our season is over. What the actual F**k?

We can easily be a Team that goes on a 10 game winning run. Apart from City, can we confidentally say that about any other Team in this League?

No fkn way, so hell yeah, we are still in it!!!

Beat City twice and hope Spurs do their usual number on them, twice as well.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3958: Sep 05, 2022 08:20:54 am
      We 5 points off them and 6 off the top and we haven't even come out of 1st gear yet and people on Social media saying our season is over. What the actual f**k?

We can easily be a Team that goes on a 10 game winning run. Apart from City, can we confidentally say that about any other Team in this League?

No fkn way, so hell yeah, we are still in it!!!

Beat City twice and hope Spurs do their usual number on them, twice as well.

I share your hope and optimism...
      But it’s the way we are playing that concerns me. We are not so much in first gear but seem to have forgotten how to actually play.
      And it’s been like it for a while.

But.... perhaps you’re right. Maybe we need just one win to kick start. Starting at napoli!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #3959: Sep 05, 2022 08:32:12 am
      I share your hope and optimism...
      But it’s the way we are playing that concerns me. We are not so much in first gear but seem to have forgotten how to actually play.
      And it’s been like it for a while.

But.... perhaps you’re right. Maybe we need just one win to kick start. Starting at napoli!

Like how Mancs won against us to become "world beaters"!

With Thiago back (I know he is made of glass), we should be controlling the games better. I share AussieRed's sentiment. It is not that City has run away with the league already. Drew against barcodes, palace were 2-0 up and needed a dodgy decision against Villa to get a point.

We can turn this around! Hopefully Melo can fill the void as well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3960: Sep 06, 2022 08:25:46 pm
      De Bruyne & Haaland are a match made in heaven. The assists & goals between them will be better than Kane & Son.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #3961: Sep 06, 2022 08:32:17 pm
      I’m sick of seeing his name on the scoresheet.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3962: Sep 06, 2022 08:42:40 pm
      I’m sick of seeing his name on the scoresheet.

I know, his patten of scoring is freaky. You know what he’s going to do before he does it but still can’t stop him. Think we have to get use to it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3963: Sep 06, 2022 09:58:50 pm
      Sadly it’s going to be City’s year. They will win CL & League, maybe even the treble with the FA Cup.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3964: Sep 06, 2022 10:04:31 pm
      I know, his patten of scoring is freaky. You know what he’s going to do before he does it but still can’t stop him. Think we have to get use to it.

Yep. It’ll take a monumental effort for anyone to keep up with them.
      The media trying to make out the title race is open after 6 games or so is desperate. By Christmas city will be over the hill and far away.

I think the record for most successive league titles is 3 (at least in recent times.), but it wouldn’t surprise me if city surpass that.

In a way it will be good if the league is done and dusted by January because it’ll mean the season will be boring and perhaps the powers at be will do something to level the playing field.
      Or we could end up like the French league.

Makes the idea of that super league a little more appealing. Join a disgusting break away league or play in a traditional league ruined by a disgusting club.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3965: Sep 14, 2022 09:44:24 pm
      Best striker in the world at 22 years of age?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3966: Sep 14, 2022 09:53:29 pm
      What a goal he's just scored. The height he got, and the deftness of touch to guide it in. Fair play, he's the real deal.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 737 
      Reply #3967: Sep 14, 2022 09:57:10 pm
      ...and will remain so for the next 10 plus years...We should put an offer in for him!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3968: Sep 14, 2022 09:59:16 pm
      What a goal he's just scored. The height he got, and the deftness of touch to guide it in. Fair play, he's the real deal.

Scary mate regardless of how you play he can win a game on his own.He is not the future at all he is the present and he will do us some damage in our pursuit of titles
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3969: Sep 14, 2022 10:00:49 pm

by some margin mate as well its scary for the rest of us
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3970: Sep 15, 2022 06:31:23 am
      ...and will remain so for the next 10 plus years...We should put an offer in for him!

:lmao: In your dreams as well as mine Longy.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3971: Sep 15, 2022 06:32:09 am
      by some margin mate as well its scary for the rest of us

Frightening thing Walt I love watching him.  :f_wah:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3972: Sep 15, 2022 10:20:53 am
      Frightening thing Walt I love watching him.  :f_wah:

real football fans should always respect talent like his regardless of the awful club he plays for.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3973: Sep 15, 2022 10:54:24 am
      real football fans should always respect talent like his regardless of the awful club he plays for.

I totally agree Walt, must make me a real fan then.  ;D Seriously though last time I saw a player this good but with a completely different technique to the likes of Pele, Maradona, Best, Rush, Shearer, Messi, Ronaldo etc etc. For one so young and looking like he could well emulate these world class players is frightening.

Over the last few years it’s been increasingly harder for players to score 30 + goals but this kid looks like breaking that with ease if he stays injury free. At this rate he could go 40 + in this City side. You couldn’t ask for a better player than De Bruyne to put those crosses into him.

That  goal last nite will be his trade mark as I’m not sure I’ve seen another player do that in his own unique way. Along with his more hatricks to come he will score another one like that for sure. He’s a special talent, we’re all gutted as fans he doesn’t play for our respective clubs.

City now have a class of 23 thanks to all their money.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3974: Sep 15, 2022 12:46:26 pm
      That  goal last nite will be his trade mark as I’m not sure I’ve seen another player do that in his own unique way. Along with his more hatricks to come he will score another one like that for sure. He’s a special talent, we’re all gutted as fans he doesn’t play for our respective clubs.

That goal was very Zaltan in terms of seeing such a big player with eligent touch and athleticism to pull that goal off. There are a lot of similarities I see between him and the Swed other then Haagland just has a lot more pace to his game then Zaltan.

Do worry for his sake (though conflicted since he is Citeh player) if his body can withstand the style of play, he doesn't have greatest injury record thus far and it could only get worst as time moves on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3975: Sep 16, 2022 10:28:23 am
      just think we thought Andy Carroll could have been our Haaland. Not surprised he has had injuries he is probably on just fully grown so you would expect him to gain more strength now CB's will be having a sickie when their game comes up
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3976: Sep 16, 2022 11:04:41 am
      just think we thought Andy Carroll could have been our Haaland. Not surprised he has had injuries he is probably on just fully grown so you would expect him to gain more strength now CB's will be having a sickie when their game comes up

Can’t wait to see someone of the quality of VVD  handle Haaland Walt. Any thoughts on it?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3977: Sep 16, 2022 07:56:22 pm
      Can’t wait to see someone of the quality of VVD  handle Haaland Walt. Any thoughts on it?
      Apparently, VvD doesn't let him have the ball at all. Haaland himself said as much. Best defender he's come up against.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3978: Sep 16, 2022 09:15:47 pm
      Apparently, VvD doesn't let him have the ball at all. Haaland himself said as much. Best defender he's come up against.

One of the reasons I can’t wait, some would say this will be the acid test for Haaland…

Quick Reply