Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 461609 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #4186: Feb 06, 2023 10:54:39 pm
      Love the way you take everything so f**king personal you soft c**t.

Ever thought I was referring to the tw*ts filming themselves then lobbing it on you tube as well as the never been near Anfield nerds on twitter who were literally trying to organise a protest that no one could be arsed with that has been discussed elsewhere before you came back, so wind your f**king neck in!!

this club means a lot to me and my neck will extend out a long as I feel it needs to go.
       the consequences and fall out of this could be impossible to sort out. Brendan Rodgers 2014 wins the league playing football so wonderful Steven Gerrard wins his EPL title ,Ole wins the league for UTD they have fu**ed over so many people I dont know how this ends. I suspect  Pep would be asking his lawyers to ask for a meeting as his reputation will be destroyed WHEN they are found guilty and its going to be death by a thousand cuts in every game they play. So the EPL owe us 3 more league titles
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 717 
      Reply #4187: Feb 06, 2023 11:25:18 pm
      this club means a lot to me and my neck will extend out a long as I feel it needs to go.
       the consequences and fall out of this could be impossible to sort out. Brendan Rodgers 2014 wins the league playing football so wonderful Steven Gerrard wins his EPL title ,Ole wins the league for UTD they have fu**ed over so many people I dont know how this ends. I suspect  Pep would be asking his lawyers to ask for a meeting as his reputation will be destroyed WHEN they are found guilty and its going to be death by a thousand cuts in every game they play. So the EPL owe us 3 more league titles
      I don't think there are many(if any) who hand on heart believe City will be forced to forfeit ANY of their titles. The matter would be argued in the courts for 20 years.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,190 posts | 1205 
      Reply #4188: Feb 07, 2023 12:03:26 am
      I don't think there are many(if any) who hand on heart believe City will be forced to forfeit ANY of their titles. The matter would be argued in the courts for 20 years.

I agree...it will likely be seen as too contentious. We can only hope the PL are keen to make an example of them. How is it fair to strip a team of points for future seasons when the alleged wrongdoing stretches back ten years?

The Commission it seems has fairly broad powers and can impose punishment 'as it thinks fit'. Maybe the way to balance things out is relegation with a condition that they can never go higher than the Championship for 8 seasons in a row and can only buy players born in Manchester who are under 5ft tall  :D >:D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #4189: Feb 07, 2023 02:15:12 am

Donā€™t believe there are any courts involved. This is being turned over to an independent panel and their verdict is final, not able to be appealed. Donā€™t know why people keep glossing over that. While thereā€™s no timeline for a ruling, once itā€™s made, thatā€™s it.

Not that I think the ruling will be that they vacate any titles.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4190: Feb 07, 2023 07:17:40 am
      One of the main reasons they won the appeal with CAS was because UEFA were limited to a 5 year period and the bulk of their investigation dated back further than 5 years. The Premier League donā€™t have that restriction.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #4191: Feb 07, 2023 10:20:11 am
      Can just see the PL giving Man City a points deduction for this season when they won't be winning the title anyways..

Oh, and a Ā£Ā£Ā£ fine.

:lmao:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4192: Feb 07, 2023 12:02:09 pm
      Donā€™t believe there are any courts involved. This is being turned over to an independent panel and their verdict is final, not able to be appealed. Donā€™t know why people keep glossing over that. While thereā€™s no timeline for a ruling, once itā€™s made, thatā€™s it.

Not that I think the ruling will be that they vacate any titles.

They can appeal, but the scope is limited and CAS will not be involved at all. It will all go through the Premier League.

From The Athletic article :

Would City have the right to appeal?

Yes. A club or person that wishes to challenge a disciplinary decision can do so through the Premier Leagueā€™s appeals process.

Their appeal would go through to the Appeal Board, which would have the power to accept, dismiss or vary (i.e. change) a decision.

If that appeal fails, it can be reviewed by way of arbitration under Section X of the Premier Leagueā€™s handbook, but the grounds for appeal at this level are incredibly narrow.

ā€œThe decision of a commission or appeal panel canā€™t be challenged by way of arbitration on the basis that a party thinks the decision is simply wrong or harsh,ā€ says Hill.

ā€œRule X.4 requires that it has to be based on serious substantive grounds, such as a lack of jurisdiction, fraud, malice or bad faith, serious procedural errors, perverse interpretation of the law or the decision being one that could not reasonably have been reached.

ā€œGiven the high-profile nature of these proceedings and the experienced lawyers who will be hearing the matter, I would be surprised if any of those grounds for review were present at the end of the process, although you can never rule it out.

ā€œIā€™d therefore expect that the decision of an appeal board is probably the end of it, unless the club wants to draw the process out for as long as possible by exhausting itself of every possible option.ā€
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #4193: Feb 07, 2023 12:05:44 pm

Hahaha yeah whatever you silly old fart!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #4194: Feb 07, 2023 12:08:44 pm

Brendan Rodgers wonderful football, does that include the pathetic defending that shipped over 50 goals. That was the main F***ing reason we weren't winning the league. And we were only in the title race cos of Suarez, not Rodgers!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #4195: Feb 07, 2023 12:42:40 pm
      Even if City have all their trophies taken away and given to who came second or runners up

Everton and Spurs will still have won F**k all 😁
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 698 posts | 117 
      Reply #4196: Feb 07, 2023 03:36:46 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4197: Feb 07, 2023 03:59:08 pm
      Brendan Rodgers wonderful football, does that include the pathetic defending that shipped over 50 goals. That was the main f**king reason we weren't winning the league. And we were only in the title race cos of Suarez, not Rodgers!!

seem to remember an awful lot more people than Luis involved you may as well blame Stevie for slipping like the other muppets for not winning the league. I am happy with the memories of the football the lads produced 101 goals scored and we are on 28 conceded so far this season maybe they will concede more than 50 . Sturridge score 24 goals and Stevie 14 . As much as a numpty Brendan was he deserves credit when it was due.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,190 posts | 1205 
      Reply #4198: Feb 07, 2023 04:42:42 pm
      They can appeal, but the scope is limited and CAS will not be involved at all. It will all go through the Premier League.

From The Athletic article :

Would City have the right to appeal?

Yes. A club or person that wishes to challenge a disciplinary decision can do so through the Premier Leagueā€™s appeals process.

Their appeal would go through to the Appeal Board, which would have the power to accept, dismiss or vary (i.e. change) a decision.

If that appeal fails, it can be reviewed by way of arbitration under Section X of the Premier Leagueā€™s handbook, but the grounds for appeal at this level are incredibly narrow.

ā€œThe decision of a commission or appeal panel canā€™t be challenged by way of arbitration on the basis that a party thinks the decision is simply wrong or harsh,ā€ says Hill.

ā€œRule X.4 requires that it has to be based on serious substantive grounds, such as a lack of jurisdiction, fraud, malice or bad faith, serious procedural errors, perverse interpretation of the law or the decision being one that could not reasonably have been reached.

ā€œGiven the high-profile nature of these proceedings and the experienced lawyers who will be hearing the matter, I would be surprised if any of those grounds for review were present at the end of the process, although you can never rule it out.

ā€œIā€™d therefore expect that the decision of an appeal board is probably the end of it, unless the club wants to draw the process out for as long as possible by exhausting itself of every possible option.ā€

Yep. Very unlikely to go beyond an Appeals Board let alone Arbitration (which in theory could also be appealed to the High Court).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4199: Feb 07, 2023 04:43:36 pm
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,164 posts | 509 
      Reply #4200: Feb 07, 2023 05:58:04 pm
      https://twitter.com/winnerpoollfc/status/1622682431768625154?s=46&t=30sCXTJMYvhZdG-7HfjoFQ

The City fan looked like he was wanting to vanish.
      [/quote

Brilliant, thanks for posting that.   
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #4201: Feb 07, 2023 06:18:47 pm

Shame that DonHusam is a bit of c**t

Been caught slagging off locals and reposting reports from the S&n
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4202: Feb 07, 2023 06:30:37 pm
      Shame that DonHusam is a bit of c**t

Been caught slagging off locals and reposting reports from the S&n

No idea mate, never heard of him. I donā€™t use Twitter or anything like that, itā€™s just what someone sent me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #4203: Feb 07, 2023 06:31:36 pm

He is a proper throbber - was part of the Klopp out a while back

He is like that irish uncle fester idiot

Somehow they have managed to find themselves a bunch of fans who treat them as the oracle
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4204: Feb 07, 2023 06:37:19 pm
      He is a proper throbber - was part of the Klopp out a while back

He is like that irish uncle fester idiot

Somehow they have managed to find themselves a bunch of fans who treat them as the oracle

Oh right, well Iā€™ve never heard of him before so by the sounds of it I donā€™t think Iā€™m likely going to hear of him again anytime soon.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #4205: Feb 07, 2023 06:39:50 pm
      Oh right, well Iā€™ve never heard of him before so by the sounds of it I donā€™t think Iā€™m likely going to hear of him again anytime soon.

For one time only itā€™s worth watching one of their ā€œgame watch alongsā€

Comedy value is high

Nearly as bad as that AFTV guy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4206: Feb 07, 2023 06:40:56 pm

For one time only itā€™s worth watching one of their ā€œgame watch alongsā€

Comedy value is high

Nearly as bad as that AFTV guy

Ha I have no idea who AFTV is either
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 269 
      Reply #4207: Feb 07, 2023 08:54:34 pm
      I've never given City any credit for any league titles anyway because of the obvious unfairness but I'm quite angry now about Gerrard ,Suarez nd co missing  out in that 13/14 season not to mention the two 90 odd point finishes under Klopp, that was greatness that may never see again.
      Whatever happens now nobody will ever take City serious again, they deserve whatever comes their way.
      Tadders

• 6,699 posts | 565 
      Reply #4208: Feb 07, 2023 10:02:35 pm
      If it was 5/6/7 charges nobody would give a sh*t

Itā€™s over 100 and this is systematic cheating

They are fu**ed whether they win this case or not they will be the most disgraced sporting outfit on the planet for ever until they admit their guilt and take their Punishment

Quick Reply