Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 455020 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #2070: Aug 20, 2018 03:59:29 pm
      You might be right, Citeh look hungry and even better than last year so far, they'll take some stopping.

After last week's game against west ham, so do we!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #2071: Aug 20, 2018 04:03:36 pm

We may well be the only team that worries them, maybe not over the whole season but definitely in one off games against them they seem to have an issue.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2072: Aug 20, 2018 05:07:36 pm
      Keep holding onto that dream Keith, must be the only thing getting you through this terrible time. I'm quietly confident we've got their number now after last season. Every time our crowd cranks up the noise against them, City see their arse.
      It’s a pretty sad state of affairs hoping against hope that one of your rivals wins the league instead of another one of your rivals.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2073: Aug 20, 2018 06:51:03 pm
      Keep holding onto that dream Keith, must be the only thing getting you through this terrible time. I'm quietly confident we've got their number now after last season. Every time our crowd cranks up the noise against them, City see their arse.

Had more good times than bad supporting United so no complaints going through a bad patch. It's all part of life's ups and downs.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2074: Aug 20, 2018 06:53:08 pm
      After last week's game against west ham, so do we!

Would be amazing if you did pull if off this season but the gulf is to big........ I hope.   :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2075: Aug 21, 2018 11:29:19 pm
      Would be amazing if you did pull if off this season but the gulf is to big........ I hope.   :D

You're still a w**ker!! Nothing has changed in all these months you have been here.  ;D ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2076: Aug 22, 2018 12:16:42 am
      You're still a w**ker!! Nothing has changed in all these months you have been here.  ;D ;D

Takes one to know one you blue c**t.  :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2077: Aug 22, 2018 12:24:47 am
      Hey Keith, I have been hearing so much sh*t about how crap your CB's are, but are they really that bad? You guys were only 1 more conceded than City and you finished 2nd of the league with 19 clean sheets.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2078: Aug 22, 2018 12:31:49 am
      Hey Keith, I have been hearing so much sh*t about how crap your CB's are, but are they really that bad? You guys were only 1 more conceded than City and you finished 2nd of the league with 19 clean sheets.

No of course not, like you say it's all crap what your reading and hearing. Two games in and already manc tw*ts moaning  :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2079: Aug 22, 2018 12:38:16 am
      No of course not, like you say it's all crap what your reading and hearing. Two games in and already manc tw*ts moaning  :lmao:

Oh, thought I was in the Utd forums, sorry! But anyway, why are the pundits backing Mourinho up and agreeing with him? I just find it so odd.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2080: Aug 22, 2018 02:51:56 am
      Had more good times than bad supporting United so no complaints going through a bad patch. It's all part of life's ups and downs.  ;D

Exactly can say the same!!

Comes in cycles.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2081: Aug 22, 2018 02:52:14 am
      Takes one to know one you blue c**t.  :lmao:

I maybe a c**t but I will never be a Blue, but you on the other hand, will always be a c**t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2082: Aug 22, 2018 11:28:13 am

Assuming Jose lasts the season, do you think you’ll be searching for a new manager in the summer if this season isn’t an improvement on last year?
      Last season you lot came flying out the blocks with a few 4-0 wins early on, although it was deemed “easy” games at the time, it was probably a bit of a tougher start than this season which hasn’t been much of a good start. Leicester having lost Mahrez and Brighton. Although to be fair you got the job done vs Leicester and there’s always times that teams will win while not playing well, but Brighton was a complete shambles.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2083: Aug 22, 2018 01:22:54 pm
      I maybe a C**t but I will never be a Blue, but you on the other hand, will always be a C**t.

Ok a red aussie c**t  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2084: Aug 22, 2018 01:32:25 pm
      Assuming Jose lasts the season, do you think you’ll be searching for a new manager in the summer if this season isn’t an improvement on last year?
      Last season you lot came flying out the blocks with a few 4-0 wins early on, although it was deemed “easy” games at the time, it was probably a bit of a tougher start than this season which hasn’t been much of a good start. Leicester having lost Mahrez and Brighton. Although to be fair you got the job done vs Leicester and there’s always times that teams will win while not playing well, but Brighton was a complete shambles.

It could well be his last year in charge ( pending results ) However, what gets me with plenty of our fans is they go in panic mode/meltdown or whatever you wish to call it coz we played awful against Brighton. F**k sake it was 90 mins football and fans calling for Mourinho's head on a plate.

Plastic fans do my head in, could be argued we have more than others but then we do have the most supporters  :D Like I've already said though, Mourinho won't win anything this year parking the bus. Those days long and gone now, maybe in Italian football could still work but not the Premier league.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2085: Aug 22, 2018 02:15:28 pm
      It could well be his last year in charge ( pending results ) However, what gets me with plenty of our fans is they go in panic mode/meltdown or whatever you wish to call it coz we played awful against Brighton. F**k sake it was 90 mins football and fans calling for Mourinho's head on a plate.

Plastic fans do my head in, could be argued we have more than others but then we do have the most supporters  :D Like I've already said though, Mourinho won't win anything this year parking the bus. Those days long and gone now, maybe in Italian football could still work but not the Premier league.

I think it is a culmination of a terrible preseason, lots of negative rumours plus an awful match. If I was a Man Utd fan, thank God I'm not, I'd be calling for his head fairly soon as well.
      Arrogance and mediocrity are not a good combination
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2086: Aug 22, 2018 03:52:10 pm
      I think it is a culmination of a terrible preseason, lots of negative rumours plus an awful match. If I was a Man Utd fan, thank God I'm not, I'd be calling for his head fairly soon as well.
      Arrogance and mediocrity are not a good combination

It was a bad pre season buy personally not using it as a excuse. If you was a United fans you'll know you've had more good times in football than bad.  ;D

His arrogance appears to show no bounds but believe it or not I still like him. Not getting his funds for the players he wanted pre season might, just might be his downfall and much to Liverpool fans disappointment will see him leave the club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2087: Aug 22, 2018 07:52:45 pm
      It was a bad pre season buy personally not using it as a excuse. If you was a United fans you'll know you've had more good times in football than bad.  ;D

His arrogance appears to show no bounds but believe it or not I still like him. Not getting his funds for the players he wanted pre season might, just might be his downfall and much to Liverpool fans disappointment will see him leave the club.

I know we obviously spent a lot this summer, but I’m pretty sure United were 3rd highest spenders? Jose still spent best part of 100mill, and give what he’s previously spent, he shouldn’t really need another few hundred million.

He needs to start focusing on what he has got, rather than what he hasn’t got. Such as Rashford and there’s a few youngsters coming through in the midfield isn’t there?
      Take us for example, we missed out on key targets last summer but Klopp was patient and waited it out until he could get Virgil and Keita. It seems to me Jose is just desperate to get in big name/big money players in the hope it’s instant success rather than whether they are actually the right player or not.

From what I’ve seen online, there’s a few highly rated youngsters in your ranks, maybe it’s time he moved on from his previous tactics and started implementing new ones and bringing through potentially very good players. Need to remember, a lot of the success Jose has had since leaving Porto is because at the time, he was the only manager able to spend massive money on players, now it’s more of a level playing field and he’s running out of ideas.

If you don’t want Martial or Rashford, feel free to send them our way, we could work a deal that includes Migs and Origi ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2088: Aug 22, 2018 10:46:33 pm
      I know we obviously spent a lot this summer, but I’m pretty sure United were 3rd highest spenders? Jose still spent best part of 100mill, and give what he’s previously spent, he shouldn’t really need another few hundred million.

He needs to start focusing on what he has got, rather than what he hasn’t got. Such as Rashford and there’s a few youngsters coming through in the midfield isn’t there?
      Take us for example, we missed out on key targets last summer but Klopp was patient and waited it out until he could get Virgil and Keita. It seems to me Jose is just desperate to get in big name/big money players in the hope it’s instant success rather than whether they are actually the right player or not.

From what I’ve seen online, there’s a few highly rated youngsters in your ranks, maybe it’s time he moved on from his previous tactics and started implementing new ones and bringing through potentially very good players. Need to remember, a lot of the success Jose has had since leaving Porto is because at the time, he was the only manager able to spend massive money on players, now it’s more of a level playing field and he’s running out of ideas.  ;D

If you don’t want Martial or Rashford, feel free to send them our way, we could work a deal that includes Migs and Origi ;)

Doesn't matter what you've spent this summer. If it can bring success it's worth it.  I've said a zillion times as a fan what we spend doesn't bother me. We could be the biggest spenders every year and all rivals fans say is well they should be successful with the money we have. Obviously that doesn't always work.

However, Man City have done a great job since new owners arrived. Spent sh*t loads on players/development and now reaping the rewards. That's all most fans want, SUCCESS.

We appear to have several decent youngest in pipe line but Jose not ready to give them a try. We know it's Mourinho's way to stick with proven experience players.

Hopefully Martial & Rashford going nowhere, espically the latter. Rashford does have potential to be world class in time.

Ps.. Very good post and agree with most of what you state, apart from Martial & Rashford of course.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2089: Aug 23, 2018 07:36:42 am
      Keith.

Quick note mate.

If you are going to try to get sponsors out from under every stone to include Chevrolet who don't even sell cars here anymore and coffee machines FFS  then do have a word with Edwards and get some class.

My favourite jeans for all of my life and my favourite club for all of my life.

Levis and Liverpool.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/312990-liverpool-fc-levis-official-partnership

Liverpool Football Club has welcomed Levi's as its first official denim partner.

As two organisations dedicated to making a difference around the globe, the long-term partnership will focus on supporting local communities and giving back to fans through football, lifestyle and music.

As the centrepiece of the partnership, the renowned Levi’s Music Project will be making its way to Liverpool. Working with Liverpool Lighthouse, the arts and music community centre in Anfield, and Sound City music festival, the Levi’s Music Project studio will open in November to provide local youngsters a unique opportunity to develop their musical abilities.

Over the course of the project, the youngsters will take part in various masterclasses and workshops with artists and industry experts, with the first milestone being an unforgettable performance at the Sound City music festival in May 2019.

During the partnership, LFC will work closely with Levi’s to develop the music project within the local community, while collaborating on additional projects to help fans show their authentic style in their everyday lives, including an exclusive Levi’s x LFC capsule collection.

Billy Hogan, the club’s chief commercial officer, said: “Liverpool and Levi’s have always shared a special passion for supporting communities and making a difference. The partnership between the club and Levi’s is a reflection of this bond.

“We are very much looking forward to a bright future working with Levi’s, which will enable Liverpool FC to continue giving back to our local fans.”

Richard Hurren, vice president north Europe at Levi’s, said: “With the city’s history of music, Liverpool FC’s fundamental connection to the community, and our core values of giving back, expanding the Levi’s Music Project to Liverpool is the perfect way to connect the two partners and demonstrate shared values.

“Having worked with communities across Europe, the Levi’s Music Project is a long-term commitment that aligns with our key values, that giving back never goes out of style.”

Launched in 2015, the Levi’s Music Project partners with the music industry’s most relevant artists, industry experts and professional educators to provide access to music for the next generation, in the communities where it can make the biggest difference.

Past projects in the United Kingdom have seen the brand collaborate with Skepta, Everything Everything and Mist.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2090: Aug 23, 2018 10:24:22 am
      Keith.

Quick note mate.

If you are going to try to get sponsors out from under every stone to include Chevrolet who don't even sell cars here anymore and coffee machines FFS  then do have a word with Edwards and get some class.

My favourite jeans for all of my life and my favourite club for all of my life.

Levis and Liverpool.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/312990-liverpool-fc-levis-official-partnership

Liverpool Football Club has welcomed Levi's as its first official denim partner.

As two organisations dedicated to making a difference around the globe, the long-term partnership will focus on supporting local communities and giving back to fans through football, lifestyle and music.

As the centrepiece of the partnership, the renowned Levi’s Music Project will be making its way to Liverpool. Working with Liverpool Lighthouse, the arts and music community centre in Anfield, and Sound City music festival, the Levi’s Music Project studio will open in November to provide local youngsters a unique opportunity to develop their musical abilities.

Over the course of the project, the youngsters will take part in various masterclasses and workshops with artists and industry experts, with the first milestone being an unforgettable performance at the Sound City music festival in May 2019.

During the partnership, LFC will work closely with Levi’s to develop the music project within the local community, while collaborating on additional projects to help fans show their authentic style in their everyday lives, including an exclusive Levi’s x LFC capsule collection.

Billy Hogan, the club’s chief commercial officer, said: “Liverpool and Levi’s have always shared a special passion for supporting communities and making a difference. The partnership between the club and Levi’s is a reflection of this bond.

“We are very much looking forward to a bright future working with Levi’s, which will enable Liverpool FC to continue giving back to our local fans.”

Richard Hurren, vice president north Europe at Levi’s, said: “With the city’s history of music, Liverpool FC’s fundamental connection to the community, and our core values of giving back, expanding the Levi’s Music Project to Liverpool is the perfect way to connect the two partners and demonstrate shared values.

“Having worked with communities across Europe, the Levi’s Music Project is a long-term commitment that aligns with our key values, that giving back never goes out of style.”

Launched in 2015, the Levi’s Music Project partners with the music industry’s most relevant artists, industry experts and professional educators to provide access to music for the next generation, in the communities where it can make the biggest difference.

Past projects in the United Kingdom have seen the brand collaborate with Skepta, Everything Everything and Mist.

I thought you only wore skirts like Aussie red.  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2091: Aug 23, 2018 11:11:46 am
      I thought you only wore skirts like Aussie red.  ;D

:lmao:

Still got a sense of humour mate even though you lot are in meltdown.
      Karma.

Perch is still standing and we are climbing back on it.
      We gave you two decades free of charge to catch up FFS .

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2092: Aug 23, 2018 11:43:54 am
      :lmao:

Still got a sense of humour mate even though you lot are in meltdown.
      Karma.

Perch is still standing and we are climbing back on it.
      We gave you two decades free of charge to catch up FFS .

Pays to have one Miro, keeps me sane   :D No doubt your climing the ladder. See if you can stay at the top for 20 years.  ;D

Quick Reply