Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 454992 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #2415: Apr 18, 2019 06:56:36 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2416: Apr 18, 2019 07:27:23 am
      You know as well as I do that Liverpool and Man Utd have both reached their status in this game through historic precedence and innovation in an age when the game was so much more modest and human. I don't begrudge Man Utd's status as a powerhouse in world football because I know that the teams of Busby and co ensured their right to it. Likewise with Liverpool and Shankly.

Man City though? In place of Shankly and Busby their 'right of passage' to such a status has been through blood stained petro dollars to get their position.

They are the most repulsive example of what modern football is and no one should ever let them forget about it. There should be no genuine football fan out there unhappy that Tottenham progressed tonight.

Valid points frankly but we all know money talks in this day and age. I'm very happy Spurs won so the quad was taken away so United's treble now still stands the best achievement in domestic football.

You may not of watched the match for obvious reasons but was a classic, if you get chance to watch full game it's a must viewing. Once again more excitement towards end of season. The viewing as a neutral is simply awesome watching.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2417: Apr 18, 2019 07:58:21 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2418: Apr 18, 2019 08:07:19 am
      This loss will rattle them.. Spuds & Mancs either beating them or drawing would be icing on the cake..🙏
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #2419: Apr 18, 2019 08:37:34 am
      I wonder why he always gets wrong in Europe though. Too many f**king mistakes for my count. That much amount spent in money and f**k all to show in Europe with city and Bayern.

Barcelona and Munich pre Pep were winning titles galore and cups....same since he's gone.

City the same, titles and cups before he arrived and continue to do so now.

I don't see any great difference other than he has spent a shed load of money on City to get them to compete at the highest European level and still fails tactically in my view.

I genuinely think he believes he is better than he is.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2420: Apr 18, 2019 10:48:36 am
      This loss will rattle them.. Spuds & Mancs either beating them or drawing would be icing on the cake..🙏

I think so to, a loss like that, will affect anyone, lets just hope Spurs keep their focus for Saturday and become Citeh's bogey team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2421: Apr 18, 2019 10:50:12 am

Barcelona and Munich pre Pep were winning titles galore and cups....same since he's gone.

I don't see any great difference other than he has spent a shed load of money on City to get them to compete at the highest European level and still fails tactically in my view.

No he is good, very good in fact, but same as Maureen he needs infinite money to work his "magic". I have a lot more respect for managers like Pochetino and Klopp who produce excellence on a more limited budget.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2422: Apr 18, 2019 12:40:21 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2423: Apr 18, 2019 01:07:49 pm

Can’t disagree with the above..
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #2424: Apr 18, 2019 01:47:29 pm
      No he is good, very good in fact, but same as Maureen he needs infinite money to work his "magic". I have a lot more respect for managers like Pochetino and Klopp who produce excellence on a more limited budget.

So is it infinite money that buys you the success or the manager who teaches you how to play?

When you inherit a team like Barca with some of the best players in the world do you really think you need to tell Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto, Deco, Iniesta etc how to move and play.....I don't, I think he like Maureen gets his best players on the pitch and they do the rest. They pick their best 11 and let them play with the odd like for like substitute if they are not on song.

Without money they are screwed.

I just cant see the "guru" like footballing genius he is made out to be.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2425: Apr 18, 2019 02:23:47 pm
      So is it infinite money that buys you the success or the manager who teaches you how to play?

When you inherit a team like Barca with some of the best players in the world do you really think you need to tell Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto, Deco, Iniesta etc how to move and play.....I don't, I think he like Maureen gets his best players on the pitch and they do the rest. They pick their best 11 and let them play with the odd like for like substitute if they are not on song.

Without money they are screwed.

I just cant see the "guru" like footballing genius he is made out to be.

Having the best players obviously helps, but if you can't get them playing well together then you are screwed, just look at Maureen at Utd and the bounce they got when Ole took over. That is the brilliance of Pep, handling the egos. Plus some of their attacking play and angles are really beautiful to watch, just look at how clever and precise they are with their cut backs, most team just pass the ball into the box and hope for the best but with City their passes are laser targeted straight onto the boots of the striker, who has positioned himself perfectly to receive it. That takes skill but also a hell of a lot of coaching and practice.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #2426: Apr 18, 2019 04:39:25 pm
      I was really chuffed to hear City had been knocked out of the Champions League, by Spurs. For all their millions spent, they still have still not joined the elite in Europe by winning the trophy.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2427: Apr 18, 2019 07:00:21 pm

Absolutely love the PA announcer... 'GOAAAAAALLL CITEHHHHH'

Seconds later....'VAR goal review'

in the most glum Manc accent ever. Ha ha ha!
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #2428: Apr 18, 2019 10:38:03 pm
      Absolutely love the PA announcer... 'GOAAAAAALLL CITEHHHHH'

Seconds later....'VAR goal review'

in the most glum Manc accent ever. Ha ha ha!

And the f***in gob on that little snake sterling 🤣🤣🤣
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2429: Apr 19, 2019 02:12:39 am
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2431: Apr 20, 2019 08:07:59 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2432: Apr 22, 2019 01:31:13 pm
      3 out their remaining 4 league fixtures are away from home..Leicester is the their only home game..

Mancs.
      Burnley.
      Brighton.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2433: Apr 22, 2019 11:17:39 pm
      You know as well as I do that Liverpool and Man Utd have both reached their status in this game through historic precedence and innovation in an age when the game was so much more modest and human. I don't begrudge Man Utd's status as a powerhouse in world football because I know that the teams of Busby and co ensured their right to it. Likewise with Liverpool and Shankly.

Man City though? In place of Shankly and Busby their 'right of passage' to such a status has been through blood stained petro dollars to get their position.

They are the most repulsive example of what modern football is and no one should ever let them forget about it. There should be no genuine football fan out there unhappy that Tottenham progressed tonight.

City had a good team and a fantastic modest respected manager when Joe Mercer was the manager.How things have changed for that club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2434: Apr 25, 2019 12:21:36 am
      Sane.... kid comes on and creates havoc for defenders...
      Kopite78
      Reply #2435: Apr 25, 2019 08:58:42 am
      They are a very good side, it's very difficult to argue against that, they are calm, methodical and dangerous

It's wrong how they have become that but they're very good

Financially doped and making the 'challenge' unfair and soulless but even with all that you can't take it away from the players who are a very very good squad of players

It's their depth in quality that if anything will be the difference
      When you have 200k a week rotation  it's not a fair competition
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2436: Apr 25, 2019 09:47:17 am
      Money has always talked in most things in life that's just the way it is. Man City & Liverpool are miles ahead and on paper it will be the same teams battling it out again next year. It's a freaky year with them both having so many points such is the gulf in sides. No one deserves to come second with the points tally you both have.

Still not easy to call the final 3 games but these twist and turns everyone is saying will happen aren't. Simply both winning every game and can't see that changing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2437: Apr 25, 2019 09:55:53 am
      Money has always talked in most things in life that's just the way it is. Man City & Liverpool are miles ahead and on paper it will be the same teams battling it out again next year. It's a freaky year with them both having so many points such is the gulf in sides. No one deserves to come second with the points tally you both have.

Still not easy to call the final 3 games but these twist and turns everyone is saying will happen aren't. Simply both winning every game and can't see that changing.

I genuinely feel a bit bad for you this morning Keith, I know full well the feeling of watching your team play that bad, as it was us about 7-8 years ago. You guys can and will come back but it will take time and you need to radically change things at the club starting with Fergie taking a much more passive back seat role, he cannot pick and chose managers any more, you guys need a proper director of football and a young dynamic manager like Poch and give him enough money over 4-5 season to build a great team again.
      There are no quick fixes here, it will take time and patience to rebuild.

Quick Reply