Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 454955 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3105: Jun 26, 2020 11:22:34 am
      KARMA IS A RIGHT bi*ch.

With the scores level v Chelsea , The Sniveler Sterling went on a run and hit the post.

He could have passed it to the right where he had a City player in front of an wide open goal.

No.
      Selfish little glory hunter took the shot himself.

The rest as they say is history.

Karma can bite you in the arse. It did for Sterling last night.

Don't take the knee next week City.

Take both for our Guard of Honour !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3106: Jul 01, 2020 12:12:10 am
      Sane to Bayern for 55mill and 380k a week. Crazy fee to be paying with the world being the way it is and for a player they can get for free in a year.

Always rated Sane though so be glad to see him leave City.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3107: Jul 01, 2020 08:17:31 am
      Sane to Bayern for 55mill and 380k a week. Crazy fee to be paying with the world being the way it is and for a player they can get for free in a year.

£380k a week, are they insane???  I had no idea Bayern had that much money, that will surely F**k up their wage structure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3108: Jul 01, 2020 08:56:23 am

That's nuts.

It's also disgusting money when you see so many around the world struggling health wise and financially through a pandemic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3109: Jul 01, 2020 09:09:58 am
      That's nuts.

It's also disgusting money when you see so many around the world struggling health wise and financially through a pandemic.

Did Bayern really have to offer that much weekly wage to lure Sane to them, were there that many other clubs in for him?? Just seems very odd to me
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3110: Jul 01, 2020 09:15:16 am
      Did Bayern really have to offer that much weekly wage to lure Sane to them, were there that many other clubs in for him?? Just seems very odd to me

Yea something seems off about this deal. Unless PSG also had an offer on the table both the fee and salary doesn't make sense.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3111: Jul 01, 2020 11:59:43 am
      That's nuts.

The Germans aren't worrying, they've got it more under control than our shitheads in govt.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3112: Jul 02, 2020 11:04:22 am
      The Germans aren't worrying, they've got it more under control than our shitheads in govt.

nice segue!!
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3113: Jul 06, 2020 09:16:47 am
      Always the same with these little teams. Raise their game to play the Champions but can’t replicate it against the Southampton’s  of this world 😂
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3114: Jul 06, 2020 09:20:14 am
      Always the same with these little teams. Raise their game to play the Champions but can’t replicate it against the Southampton’s  of this world 😂

In fairness they absolutely blasted Southampton, just couldn't get through the defence, story of their season in many ways.

On a serious note I really don't see them winning the CL with their dodgy defence, I'm not even sure if I'd have them as favourites for the FA Cup, Chelsea and Manure are playing some good stuff at the moment and own;t be intimidated by Citeh, Arsenal I have less hope for, but you never know, was very surprised them beating Wolves.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3115: Jul 06, 2020 02:40:35 pm
      On a serious note I really don't see them winning the CL with their dodgy defence, I'm not even sure if I'd have them as favourites for the FA Cup, Chelsea and Manure are playing some good stuff at the moment and own;t be intimidated by Citeh, Arsenal I have less hope for, but you never know, was very surprised them beating Wolves.

I am looking forward to their second leg game vs Real Madrid. Real Madrid have been very good run since the restart.

Are they playing those 2nd leg games at netural venue or going to play them too in Portugal.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3116: Jul 06, 2020 02:46:23 pm
      I am looking forward to their second leg game vs Real Madrid. Real Madrid have been very good run since the restart.

Are they playing those 2nd leg games at netural venue or going to play them too in Portugal.

That could make a huge difference, Lisbon or the Emptihad, if its Lisbon, would away goals still count? I honestly think Real Madrid have a good chance of beating them either way but even if they don't then one of the remaining teams will beat them, City's defence is simply not good enough.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3117: Jul 07, 2020 12:36:37 pm

Madrid have actually been pretty average but they’ve strung a good run together mainly due to bullshit penalties and questionable refereeing decisions. Return leg will be in Lisbon.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3118: Jul 07, 2020 01:20:51 pm
      Madrid have actually been pretty average but they’ve strung a good run together mainly due to bullshit penalties and questionable refereeing decisions. Return leg will be in Lisbon.

Gotcha, kinda sucks for those teams who lose their chance to play their home match but those are the times. Given Citeh poor away form last couple games could shape up to be difficult match for them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3119: Jul 07, 2020 04:24:05 pm

My money is on City for that tie. They won the first leg so already have an advantage with the away goals. Madrid, although they are winning, they aren’t exactly hammering in a lot of goals; the last 3 games have all been 1-0 and in the last 5 games they’ve won by more than 1 goal once (2-0).

I can’t see them going to City and getting more than 1 goal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3120: Jul 07, 2020 04:49:48 pm
      My money is on City for that tie. They won the first leg so already have an advantage with the away goals. Madrid, although they are winning, they aren’t exactly hammering in a lot of goals; the last 3 games have all been 1-0 and in the last 5 games they’ve won by more than 1 goal once (2-0).

I can’t see them going to City and getting more than 1 goal.

Hmm, I'm not sure, City's defence is pretty weak and Real Madrid's defence pretty good, both have very good attacks with City having the better midfield, not that Real's is bad. I think Real Madrid have a good shot of winning the tie but even if they don't there are plenty of good teams left in the competition who can beat City.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3121: Jul 07, 2020 05:13:41 pm
      Hmm, I'm not sure, City's defence is pretty weak and Real Madrid's defence pretty good, both have very good attacks with City having the better midfield, not that Real's is bad. I think Real Madrid have a good shot of winning the tie but even if they don't there are plenty of good teams left in the competition who can beat City.

The Madrid defence weren’t good enough to stop City scoring 2 against them at their place in the first leg.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #3122: Jul 07, 2020 08:00:04 pm
      Much as I hate them it would be funny if Chelsea overtook city
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3123: Jul 08, 2020 11:19:34 am
      Anybody know what's happening with their appeal? Is there a decision expected sometime soon?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3124: Jul 08, 2020 11:49:19 am
      Anybody know what's happening with their appeal? Is there a decision expected sometime soon?

July 13th.
      Hope the ban stands but I don’t think it will, possibly 1 year but I’d be shocked if they’ve not managed to bribe their way out of it completely.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3125: Jul 08, 2020 01:18:59 pm
      July 13th.
      Hope the ban stands but I don’t think it will, possibly 1 year but I’d be shocked if they’ve not managed to bribe their way out of it completely.

Cheers.

And same, don't know really much about the whole situation but I do know money talks. Be interesting to see what happens from a wider football perspective if they do get off with it. Could essentially be the death of FFP and a carte blanche for clubs to spend what they want if they know there's a way to face no repercussions
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3126: Jul 08, 2020 01:54:35 pm
      Cheers.

And same, don't know really much about the whole situation but I do know money talks. Be interesting to see what happens from a wider football perspective if they do get off with it. Could essentially be the death of FFP and a carte blanche for clubs to spend what they want if they know there's a way to face no repercussions

The way Pep has spoken about next season and the Champions League, I think they already know the verdict because he seems far too confident.
      The fact it got taken this far shows there is something they’ve breached so if they do win the appeal, they may as well scrap FFP because it would be a complete joke. Teams like Malaga and whoever else didn’t get away with it, but the owners at City are a different game entirely.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3127: Jul 09, 2020 09:38:05 am
      The Madrid defence weren’t good enough to stop City scoring 2 against them at their place in the first leg.

Fair point but that was a bit of a weird game wasn't it, weren't Real firmly in the driving seat but then City scored two late goals?

Quick Reply