Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 454671 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3427: Aug 17, 2021 08:02:33 pm
      Been reading today that you lot are trying to hijack the deal for Kane.

Not seen that, you got link? Please don't say tw@ter, can't get on there as you know which isn't a bad thing. Out of all social media sites I think that one the worse.

Can't see it though with Cavani staying another year. Think he's going to help Greenwood be our number 9 providing he continues to improve. If that goes well maybe we won't need one. After careful thinking I've now changed my mind ( not that it matters ) and would prefer Haaland given a choice..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3428: Aug 17, 2021 10:56:46 pm
      The money they’d have to pay for Kane is ridiculous, I’d have thought they’d have a bit more common sense about them than to pay that kind of money.
      I’m not saying Kane isn’t a top player but he’s 28, susceptible to ankle injuries and trying to transform himself into a deep playmaker like Rooney went for as his career went on. Kane, IMO won’t be hitting 20+ goals a season by the time he’s in his 30’s and there are far better options out there such as Haaland that would be much more sensible spending that kind of money on.
      100mill+ for a CF that is trying to become a deep playmaker as he approaches his 30’s isn't money well spent IMO.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3429: Aug 18, 2021 12:45:41 am
      The money they’d have to pay for Kane is ridiculous, I’d have thought they’d have a bit more common sense about them than to pay that kind of money.
      I’m not saying Kane isn’t a top player but he’s 28, susceptible to ankle injuries and trying to transform himself into a deep playmaker like Rooney went for as his career went on. Kane, IMO won’t be hitting 20+ goals a season by the time he’s in his 30’s and there are far better options out there such as Haaland that would be much more sensible spending that kind of money on.
      100mill+ for a CF that is trying to become a deep playmaker as he approaches his 30’s isn't money well spent IMO.

Money well spent or not doesn’t matter to Pep or the oil shieks. Pep doesn’t care if in 4 years Kane is damaged goods as he won’t be there and all he cares is winning in the now. At the same time, if in x years Kane isn’t good enough City can just go spend another >100m on someone else and sell Kane or put him on the bench. They play under their own financial rules.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3430: Aug 18, 2021 02:10:42 pm
      Money well spent or not doesn’t matter to Pep or the oil shieks. Pep doesn’t care if in 4 years Kane is damaged goods as he won’t be there and all he cares is winning in the now. At the same time, if in x years Kane isn’t good enough City can just go spend another >100m on someone else and sell Kane or put him on the bench. They play under their own financial rules.

Yep that just about sums up City
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3431: Aug 18, 2021 04:05:16 pm
      I think it'll end up being £120-25m + add-ons but I wouldn't be surprised if Levy's holding out for £130m.

Absolutely crazy money given his injury record and I can't help but think a good portion of it's based on him being England captain, for some reason.

Supposedly Levy turned down their latest offer of 125 and is not accepting any more calls. Sounds like Kane might just be staying with Tottenham.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3432: Aug 18, 2021 04:10:16 pm
      Actually hope they get Kane and get absolutely fleeced or they will enter race for Haaland
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3433: Aug 18, 2021 04:47:35 pm
      Supposedly Levy turned down their latest offer of 125 and is not accepting any more calls. Sounds like Kane might just be staying with Tottenham.

Levy knows how to draw every last penny out of the purchaser.. one of the best at it..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3434: Aug 18, 2021 06:53:30 pm
      Not seen that, you got link? Please don't say tw@ter, can't get on there as you know which isn't a bad thing. Out of all social media sites I think that one the worse.

Was just one of the newspaper headlines that flash up on my phone.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3435: Aug 18, 2021 08:57:39 pm
      Was just one of the newspaper headlines that flash up on my phone.

I did read in Manchester evening news that Neville & Keane said United should go for him.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #3436: Aug 19, 2021 09:41:34 am
      The problem is City have more money than sense, that is why they seemingly can sign whoever becomes available at the time.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3437: Aug 19, 2021 10:22:36 am
      They can have his glass ankles for 125m quid.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #3438: Aug 19, 2021 11:50:34 am
      I did read in Manchester evening news that Neville & Keane said United should go for him.

Neville & Keane - sounds like a comedy act!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3439: Aug 19, 2021 12:08:25 pm
      Neville & Keane - sounds like a comedy act!

No mate your thinking of Torvill & Dean.  :f_whistle:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3440: Aug 22, 2021 09:12:57 am
      May be real, funny if not, posted yesterday apparently before the game, also seen images of many empty seats, not sure why they are expanding their ground.

https://twitter.com/tiocfaidharlad/status/1429151958435250188?s=19
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3441: Aug 22, 2021 09:50:16 am
      May be real, funny if not, posted yesterday apparently before the game, also seen images of many empty seats, not sure why they are expanding their ground.

https://twitter.com/tiocfaidharlad/status/1429151958435250188?s=19

It’s real - loads of empty seats , a lot of the local fans are boycotting the games because of some auto payment for all games from the club
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3442: Aug 22, 2021 08:00:30 pm
      Talk at City training ground ( with players ) possible Ronaldo going there. No link just gossip. I'll be gutted if that happens.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3443: Aug 22, 2021 08:08:09 pm
      Talk at City training ground ( with players ) possible Ronaldo going there. No link just gossip. I'll be gutted if that happens.

🤣🤣
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #3444: Aug 24, 2021 06:08:01 pm
      I'd much rather an aging player like Ronaldo or Kane go to Man City than them going big for Haaland or Mbappe.

That said, I doubt Ronaldo wants to tarnish his United legacy by going to their in-city rivals, especially at a time when both teams are competitive. The Spurs link from a couple of days ago actually makes some sense in the context that none of the big English clubs are likely to go for him for various reasons.

Man City and Liverpool are United rivals so he wouldn't go there one would think. Chelsea don't need him. Arsenal suck. For Spurs it would be quite a shrewd signing though, especially if it's on the back of Kane leaving. They'd get a massive fee for Kane, and then use only £28m to buy out Ronaldo's contract and replace Kane in the short-term with a marquee signing their fans can get excited about. The links between Mendes and Nuno make it a realistic alternative as well, particularly seeing as there aren't many (if any) clubs in Europe right now who can afford and want to sign Ronaldo.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3445: Aug 24, 2021 06:18:50 pm
      I'd much rather an aging player like Ronaldo or Kane go to Man City than them going big for Haaland or Mbappe.

That said, I doubt Ronaldo wants to tarnish his United legacy by going to their in-city rivals, especially at a time when both teams are competitive. The Spurs link from a couple of days ago actually makes some sense in the context that none of the big English clubs are likely to go for him for various reasons.

Man City and Liverpool are United rivals so he wouldn't go there one would think. Chelsea don't need him. Arsenal suck. For Spurs it would be quite a shrewd signing though, especially if it's on the back of Kane leaving. They'd get a massive fee for Kane, and then use only £28m to buy out Ronaldo's contract and replace Kane in the short-term with a marquee signing their fans can get excited about. The links between Mendes and Nuno make it a realistic alternative as well, particularly seeing as there aren't many (if any) clubs in Europe right now who can afford and want to sign Ronaldo.

Yeah that's a fair comment, like I've said I certainly wouldn't like the idea of him going to City. For me it would be the same as Rafe going  to Everton were as many fans from Liverpool also disagree doesn't bold well, espically when their classed as legends in many fans eyes.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3446: Aug 26, 2021 07:24:07 pm
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3447: Aug 26, 2021 11:26:29 pm

Seeing how the group stage played out with Citeh vs PSG I would imagine having another installment of Ronaldo v Messi could be in the cards.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3448: Aug 27, 2021 08:07:56 am
      Seeing how the group stage played out with Citeh vs PSG I would imagine having another installment of Ronaldo v Messi could be in the cards.

Haven't got head round him going to the blue mancs yet. Christ, Rafa - Everton was a shock and now this.  :f_doh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3449: Aug 27, 2021 09:20:50 am
      Turns out Ronaldo mad keen to go if they can agree terms. Expected within the next 48 hours.  :tosser:

Quick Reply