Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 454792 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #3772: May 23, 2022 09:39:21 pm
      To be honest HR, most of those couple of thousand were probably paid by Abu Dhabi to be there.

OK, enough of the teasing let's all have a good old sing a long!

ALL TOGETHER NOW! A ONE, TWO THREE...

'IF YOU'RE HERE FOR MAN CITY SHOUT HOORAY! '

'HOORAY!!!'

:lmao:

Pep has mentioned the atmosphere and had to correct himself quickly. A once well supported team at Maine Road they ar ejust a product of Oil Money how sad and they will be seething on Saturday when we win and then suicidal like lemmings over a cliff when they witness what a home coming is not a parade its a home coming boys back from doing battle in far flung foreign lands
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3773: May 23, 2022 09:50:26 pm
      Pep has mentioned the atmosphere and had to correct himself quickly. A once well supported team at Maine Road they ar ejust a product of Oil Money how sad and they will be seething on Saturday when we win and then suicidal like lemmings over a cliff when they witness what a home coming is not a parade its a home coming boys back from doing battle in far flung foreign lands

Tell you what’s worse, I’ve got to the stage where I would take a oil tycoon on board just so we could try and get back to the top.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3774: May 23, 2022 10:28:33 pm
      Tell you what’s worse, I’ve got to the stage where I would take a oil tycoon on board just so we could try and get back to the top.

I think Man Utd are a lot bigger, better and prouder than tying their fortunes to petro states don't you Keith? However bad it may seem, your fortunes are still easily solved by a competent and coherent football strategy. Hiring someone like Ten Haag is certainly a start.

Petro state owned may seem like a fun and easy cheat mode for some at the moment but geopolitics, as we saw with Chelsea and Ukraine, will in time catch up with you. It could be 5 years time, 10, 20 years even but it will catch up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3775: May 23, 2022 10:28:49 pm
      Could have been even worse if it wasn’t for the commuters leaving their offices to head home to boost the numbers 🤣
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #3776: May 23, 2022 10:40:15 pm

Sounds like a hot headed/ despairing comment. City and Chelsea are built on sand, their success is empty. United have a rich history.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3777: May 23, 2022 10:45:39 pm
      Sounds like a hot headed/ despairing comment. City and Chelsea are built on sand, their success is empty. United have a rich history.

It is desperate, desperate times. Sick of you lot! taking the p!ss  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3778: May 23, 2022 10:47:35 pm
      I think Man Utd are a lot bigger, better and prouder than tying their fortunes to petro states don't you Keith? However bad it may seem, your fortunes are still easily solved by a competent and coherent football strategy. Hiring someone like Ten Haag is certainly a start.

Petro state owned may seem like a fun and easy cheat mode for some at the moment but geopolitics, as we saw with Chelsea and Ukraine, will in time catch up with you. It could be 5 years time, 10, 20 years even but it will catch up.

Your right ( as usual) but it’s been a while now. I need some positivity around me.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3779: May 23, 2022 10:54:03 pm
      Your right ( as usual) but it’s been a while now. I need some positivity around me.  ;D

the weird part is you copied us to get to the top and now you are copying us again to flail about fighting to keep relevant.
      Like Liverpool the answer was always there you look at your successful teams and be honest about who you have now. Despite the experts telling us otherwise football is still the same game it always was the more complicated you make it the further away you can get from your goals. So come on Keith you know your team how many of these players would Ferguson give the time of day to excluding DeGea
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3780: May 23, 2022 10:56:14 pm
      City are still under investigation by the FA knowing their revenue comes from the UAE which is pure fantasy but lets not hope for honesty whilst we can slag of Liverpool fans for being honest in their opinions
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3781: May 23, 2022 11:05:06 pm

Anyone remember that Only Fools episode 'A Slow Bus To Chingford'??
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3782: May 23, 2022 11:16:26 pm
      Would have been nice if we could have had a parade today.
      Oh hang on our season isn’t finished is it 😂
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #3783: May 23, 2022 11:53:32 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3784: May 24, 2022 12:52:48 am
      Some more pictures from this evening's parade. Mega turnout!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3785: May 24, 2022 06:39:48 am
      the weird part is you copied us to get to the top and now you are copying us again to flail about fighting to keep relevant.
      Like Liverpool the answer was always there you look at your successful teams and be honest about who you have now. Despite the experts telling us otherwise football is still the same game it always was the more complicated you make it the further away you can get from your goals. So come on Keith you know your team how many of these players would Ferguson give the time of day to excluding DeGea

We’re speaking hypothetically Walt but could only guess so not even worth trying really. Maybe 4 players  :couch:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3786: May 24, 2022 09:49:03 pm
      We’re speaking hypothetically Walt but could only guess so not even worth trying really. Maybe 4 players  :couch:

You just don’t know though. When klopp took over the first thing he changed was mentality.
      Took a few seasons to weed out the bad eggs but it was step by step.
      You need to hope your new manger is similar to klopp. In my opinion klopp is similar to Ferguson in many ways. You build your foundation and then add to it brick by brick.

You don’t need a fraud like Guardiola.
      At Barcelona he took over a Barcelona team that had won the league and champions league just a couple of years before and had a peak Messi. He also spent £315m on players in his time there.
      At Bayern he took over a team that had just won the Treble. Spent £200m on players there.
      At city he took over a team that had won the title twice in the previous four seasons. He has spent around a billion pounds on transfers since.

Pep doesn’t build foundations. He just takes over teams that are already used to winning and then spends ludicrous amounts on players and acts all shocked when he wins trophies.

What you need is that foundation. If your new manager can do that then you never know what house he may build. But I wouldn’t wish to become a billionaires play toy. It gains zero respect and ultimately leads to a boring monolpoly of a league.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3787: May 24, 2022 10:04:03 pm
      You just don’t know though. When klopp took over the first thing he changed was mentality.
      Took a few seasons to weed out the bad eggs but it was step by step.
      You need to hope your new manger is similar to klopp. In my opinion klopp is similar to Ferguson in many ways. You build your foundation and then add to it brick by brick.

You don’t need a fraud like Guardiola.
      At Barcelona he took over a Barcelona team that had won the league and champions league just a couple of years before and had a peak Messi. He also spent £315m on players in his time there.
      At Bayern he took over a team that had just won the Treble. Spent £200m on players there.
      At city he took over a team that had won the title twice in the previous four seasons. He has spent around a billion pounds on transfers since.

Pep doesn’t build foundations. He just takes over teams that are already used to winning and then spends ludicrous amounts on players and acts all shocked when he wins trophies.

What you need is that foundation. If your new manager can do that then you never know what house he may build. But I wouldn’t wish to become a billionaires play toy. It gains zero respect and ultimately leads to a boring monolpoly of a league.

Good post Bob.

The only thing I question about your post is the last paragraph. The Premier League already looking like a monopoly. Obviously this is no slant on Liverpool before anyone misinterprets me. With the money City brought into the league it’s now become like Scottish football where there’s only two teams that can win.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3788: May 24, 2022 10:22:40 pm
      Good post Bob.

The only thing I question about your post is the last paragraph. The Premier League already looking like a monopoly. Obviously this is no slant on Liverpool before anyone misinterprets me. With the money City brought into the league it’s now become like Scottish football where there’s only two teams that can win.

Yeah. Man City have a monopoly but Liverpool have shown that you can compete if you have a plan and strong foundations.
      If you look at United, Arsenal and Spurs in the last decade or so their recruitment and long term planning has been shocking.
      Unlike France and Germany though the English premier league has financial powerhouses other than one club leagues, namely Bayern and PSG. Liverpool have just got their house in order right now and it’s paying dividends. United and Chelsea are rebuilding and although it may feel like you are a ‘million miles away’ it was the same at anfield and we covered that million miles in four seasons.

So although at the minute there is a monopoly it’s not like France and Germany where even if somebody else wins the league it’s not sustainable and they end up losing their best players in the summer. English teams, certainly four or five of them, can compete with wages and transfer fees to build on that success.

It just takes time and patience.
      Or a billion quid and pay every player what they want.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3789: May 24, 2022 10:32:51 pm
      Yeah. Man City have a monopoly but Liverpool have shown that you can compete if you have a plan and strong foundations.
      If you look at United, Arsenal and Spurs in the last decade or so their recruitment and long term planning has been shocking.
      Unlike France and Germany though the English premier league has financial powerhouses other than one club leagues, namely Bayern and PSG. Liverpool have just got their house in order right now and it’s paying dividends. United and Chelsea are rebuilding and although it may feel like you are a ‘million miles away’ it was the same at anfield and we covered that million miles in four seasons.

So although at the minute there is a monopoly it’s not like France and Germany where even if somebody else wins the league it’s not sustainable and they end up losing their best players in the summer. English teams, certainly four or five of them, can compete with wages and transfer fees to build on that success.

Agree to an extent, but you have to be near perfect to even compete. We have been incredible and have 1 title in 5 seasons to show for what I feel is our greatest ever squad.

If we drop off or get recruitment wrong on even one first XI player then you feel that we would struggle to compete for that year, whereas city will be there year after year.

It is going to get more and more boring imo and the norm over the next 10-15 years is going to be city winning the title and every now and again another team taking it home.

They’ve already won the 2nd highest number of premier league titles after Utd and they’ve done that in a very short space of time. I don’t want Pep to f**k off because I want us to beat that baldy c**t and send him into a breakdown but he makes his teams so f**king consistent and then when it’s not working he can go sign Haaland for god knows how much.

With Jürgen we have a chance, but it’s always going to be as underdogs whilst they financially dope their way to titles is the reality.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3790: May 24, 2022 10:44:41 pm

Agree to an extent, but you have to be near perfect to even compete. We have been incredible and have 1 title in 5 seasons to show for what I feel is our greatest ever squad.

If we drop off or get recruitment wrong on even one first XI player then you feel that we would struggle to compete for that year, whereas city will be there year after year.

It is going to get more and more boring imo and the norm over the next 10-15 years is going to be city winning the title and every now and again another team taking it home.

They’ve already won the 2nd highest number of premier league titles after Utd and they’ve done that in a very short space of time. I don’t want Pep to f**k off because I want us to beat that baldy c**t and send him into a breakdown but he makes his teams so f**king consistent and then when it’s not working he can go sign Haaland for god knows how much.

With Jürgen we have a chance, but it’s always going to be as underdogs whilst they financially dope their way to titles is the reality.

I’m will Redwilly. Even if you get recruitment right which you’ve been absolutely spot on yet still didn’t beat them. Your always going to be on catch up, the fact they have now got Haaland ( on paper ) you’ve gone further behind them.

There’s no way FSG will be able to match City’s spending at any level. I’ve even come to the conclusion already that city wins it next and you lot!  come second, then it’s the also rans.

Like many of us say/think, the monopoly is here and doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.  :'(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3791: May 24, 2022 10:49:51 pm
      you’ve gone further behind them.

Are we behind them though? We've won both domestic cups and one of those was at the expense of City en-route. We're further in the Champions League, which aside from last season, happens every season these days. Sure we missed out by a point, but given we've won more and could potentially be kings of Europe once again, I wouldn't say we are behind them at all. I'd say it was pretty much even, if we win on Saturday then I'd actually say we are ahead of them because it doesn't just come down to the Premier League to decide who is ahead of who, there's 3 other competitions that all play a part and the Champions League will always be viewed as the more important one to win by a lot of people.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3792: May 24, 2022 11:03:04 pm
      I’m will Redwilly. Even if you get recruitment right which you’ve been absolutely spot on yet still didn’t beat them. Your always going to be on catch up, the fact they have now got Haaland ( on paper ) you’ve gone further behind them.

There’s no way FSG will be able to match City’s spending at any level. I’ve even come to the conclusion already that city wins it next and you lot!  come second, then it’s the also rans.

Like many of us say/think, the monopoly is here and doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.  :'(

Haaland isn’t a guarantee to success: he could scupper their false number 9 tactic. Who knows how it will work out.
      And a lot of city’s recent success is down to their opposition. If you go back to when we came second with 97 points (and you can google this) and even this season a lot of teams play weakended teams against them. They throw the towel in before a balls been kicked. Yet against us everyone plays their strongest eleven. And that’s not a conspiracy.

But my point is that teams with foundations and planning can compete.
      In the 90s and early 2000s United had the dominance. But arsenal managed to compete and win several titles with clever signings and a clear plan.
      Chelsea came along and had sporadic success even with the mega money but it was still united with their foundations in place that came out on top more often than not.
      Then united crumbled (several years after arsenal) and this lead to Man City buying their seat at the table. The only competitor is Liverpool, who is the only team with foundations and long term vision.

Chelsea and united and maybe even spurs and arsenal need to get a game plan. For a much as finishing with 90 plus points is fanstastic for two teams, it also shows how flimsy the rest of the league is.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3793: May 24, 2022 11:09:34 pm
      Quick question for you Keith (and anybody else)...

Who will get to 22 titles first?
      United? (They need 2)
      Liverpool? (They need 3)
      Or city? (They need 14)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3794: May 24, 2022 11:14:11 pm
      City have never won the champion's league, have no real history, just bought  the title with all their dosh ! At least we have  history as one of the most feared sides in Europe !

Quick Reply