Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 455040 times
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #4002: Oct 02, 2022 06:32:35 pm
      It’s going to be so tough to compete against City whilst they have this guy. They’re leaking goals, but this guy is a goal machine. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t break the goal scoring record. He might break it two or three times.

I think we’re going to need around 100 points to win the league going forward. Hopefully Haaland goes to Madrid in 3 or 4 years.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4003: Oct 02, 2022 06:33:50 pm
      Looks dead for the foreseeable future Bob doesn’t it unless your a City fan, vast becoming just a walk in the park for the cnuts. Liverpool dominated once, then it was United, now it’s City. Only saving grace is United & Liverpool did it without oil rich barons. We both dominated the way it should be done.

We now have to play same game and both get new owners, sadly those owners look like they need to be oil barons if we’re both to compete again. Many won’t like that but it’s the only way I can see it.

Yeah but even when Liverpool and united dominated there were challengers. Everton or Arsenal usually. And not having to achieve miraculous points tally either.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4004: Oct 02, 2022 06:55:02 pm
      Yeah but even when Liverpool and united dominated there were challengers. Everton or Arsenal usually. And not having to achieve miraculous points tally either.

Very true as 90 + points is the barrier now.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4005: Oct 02, 2022 07:50:10 pm
      Nobody should forget where this lot get their money:
      https://www.arabnews.com/node/2171901/middle-east
      - and Financial Fair Play me arse. Depressing stuff.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4006: Oct 02, 2022 08:54:44 pm
      Nobody should forget where this lot get their money:
      https://www.arabnews.com/node/2171901/middle-east
      - and Financial Fair Play me arse. Depressing stuff.

nobody cares mate money is God for these people and FFP is just a joke as you say if it was not so awful it might be funny
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4007: Oct 02, 2022 09:34:16 pm
      Another hatrick for the beast in blue. What a player, what a talent, what a star this lad is.

Mate, you're starting to sound like you have a hard on for this lad!  :tosser:  :D

Yes we know he is good but stop reminding us in every F***ing thread!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4008: Oct 02, 2022 10:17:23 pm
      Mate, you're starting to sound like you have a hard on for this lad!  :tosser:  :D

Yes we know he is good but stop reminding us in every f**king thread!

ffs mate let him have  something to hang on to the lad is desperate he is after all a UTD fan.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4009: Oct 02, 2022 11:43:18 pm
      ffs mate let him have  something to hang on to the lad is desperate he is after all a UTD fan.

No! Hahhahaha
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4010: Oct 03, 2022 06:16:33 am

Yes we know he is good but stop reminding us in every f**king thread!

He does that for you not me. Hatrick  every fcuking weekend we’re all reminded.  :f_wah:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4011: Oct 03, 2022 06:18:37 am

I just respect talent at its finest Walt, that’s what we’re seeing. No rose tints for me as you know. I’d be saying the same if he played for you lot.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #4012: Oct 03, 2022 09:05:12 am
      Some f**king player. Fair play to him. I think Madrid for him within 3 or 4 years.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #4013: Oct 03, 2022 09:19:04 am
      Some f**king player. Fair play to him. I think Madrid for him within 3 or 4 years.

Why would he ever go to Madrid? He makes more money at City and has the same chance to win just as much silverware every season.

Only if he gets sick of the weather in England he might want to move to Spain…

City almost has a guaranteed title subscription for the next few years if Haaland doesn’t get a major injury…
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #4014: Oct 03, 2022 11:34:02 am
      Jimmy Millner leg breaking tackle and 10 month ban to level things up a bit...win / win.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #4015: Oct 03, 2022 11:35:26 am
      Looks dead for the foreseeable future Bob doesn’t it unless your a City fan, vast becoming just a walk in the park for the cnuts. Liverpool dominated once, then it was United, now it’s City. Only saving grace is United & Liverpool did it without oil rich barons. We both dominated the way it should be done.

We now have to play same game and both get new owners, sadly those owners look like they need to be oil barons if we’re both to compete again. Many won’t like that but it’s the only way I can see it.

There are not many oil rich countries left for the other clubs, the Russian money is not coming to Europe for the foreseeable future. Also, nothing to suggest that super rich tech billionaires are going to suddenly decide that they want to add football clubs to their list of toys.
      Only option is to have proper enforcement of FFP. I still  think that is fairly likely. The Prem has been fairly competitive for the last 30 years. If City win by 15-20 points for the next 2-3 seasons a lot of fans will get bored, especially the TV watching fans, watch less football and the league will have to do something to protect their "product".
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4016: Oct 03, 2022 12:49:12 pm

yeah F**k him he has got a thick Skin. Didnt UTD win the second half 3-2
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4017: Oct 03, 2022 12:51:13 pm
      I just respect talent at its finest Walt, that’s what we’re seeing. No rose tints for me as you know. I’d be saying the same if he played for you lot.

I cant remember any player having this magnitude of impact (that means big Keith) and I like watching him play he is F***ing frightening Konate is probably a player who is a strong and as quick so will be interesting to see how he does.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4018: Oct 03, 2022 12:52:33 pm
      Jimmy Millner leg breaking tackle and 10 month ban to level things up a bit...win / win.

you know that isnt as mad as it seems how he hasnt broken someone's leg so far is a miracle in itself.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4019: Oct 03, 2022 01:31:58 pm
      What if anything will be done if City go on to win the next 5 league titles and 3 or 4 Champion's Leagues . If they strengthen their squad again in January and in the summer, we will all be left picking up the scraps. But its ok because we have little debt.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4020: Oct 03, 2022 02:31:39 pm

Only option is to have proper enforcement of FFP. I still think that is fairly likely. The Prem has been fairly competitive for the last 30 years. If City win by 15-20 points for the next 2-3 seasons a lot of fans will get bored, especially the TV watching fans, watch less football and the league will have to do something to protect their "product".

If only you were right gazred. the way FFP have performed so far i wouldn't keep your hopes up. I do agree with your post though. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4021: Oct 03, 2022 02:32:35 pm
      yeah f**k him he has got a thick Skin. Didnt UTD win the second half 3-2

:lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4022: Oct 03, 2022 02:35:41 pm
      I cant remember any player having this magnitude of impact (that means big Keith) and I like watching him play he is f**king frightening Konate is probably a player who is a strong and as quick so will be interesting to see how he does.

Magnitude?  thought you meant magnet  :f_whistle:
      Yeah like wise re talent. Wouldn't put Kunt ( Konate to you Walt ) in the same backet as Haaland though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4023: Oct 05, 2022 09:00:13 pm
      Does he ever miss? Arguable the most clinical finishing I’ve ever seen. No introduction needed on who I’m talking about.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #4024: Oct 06, 2022 04:58:41 am
      Does he ever miss? Arguable the most clinical finishing I’ve ever seen. No introduction needed on who I’m talking about.

I feel like they were saying this about Ibra in Italy when he broke through with Juve.

Quick Reply