Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 454902 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #4163: Feb 06, 2023 04:53:11 pm
      If and that's a big if, they are found guilty they wont get expelled from the league, they won't have any titles taken away and they won't get a points deductions. All will happen is they will get a fine and then they will probably appeal to CAS or whoever it was they appealed to last time and get away with it all.

They can’t appeal to CAS. This will be settled by the independent panel that’s being setup to look at the case. So whatever they decide, that’s it, no appeals.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4164: Feb 06, 2023 05:08:09 pm
      They can’t appeal to CAS. This will be settled by the independent panel that’s being setup to look at the case. So whatever they decide, that’s it, no appeals.

Yeah just read that actually.

I still don't think anything will come of it, all that will happen is a few people get a lot richer from the pay out they're about to get from City to make sure they are cleared.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4165: Feb 06, 2023 05:41:21 pm

I still don't think anything will come of it, all that will happen is a few people get a lot richer from the pay out they're about to get from City to make sure they are cleared.

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1622611081154666498?s=46&t=JU1NvD0og1PB2tL-pqy_yA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4166: Feb 06, 2023 06:10:49 pm

Not really clear about points deductions being for this season or retroactive.

Also, they aren't going to replay matches...different players, wouldn't make a shred of sense.

I think the best we could hope for is that they get demoted to the Championship and barred from promotion for a specified number of years (3...5...?)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4167: Feb 06, 2023 06:49:08 pm

Agree nothing will come of it. Even when UEFA showed some stones, nothing was done.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4168: Feb 06, 2023 07:08:32 pm
      No surprise they got caught cheating, but the surprise will be if they get any kind if punishment instead of some slap on the wrist.

Seeing how this unfolds will give us an idea of what we can expect down the road if we get acquired by another similar sugar daddy the way many here want us to.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4169: Feb 06, 2023 07:31:13 pm
      No surprise they got caught cheating, but the surprise will be if they get any kind if punishment instead of some slap on the wrist.

Seeing how this unfolds will give us an idea of what we can expect down the road if we get acquired by another similar sugar daddy the way many here want us to.

It took the Premier League 4 years to get to this point, so this will drag on for a few more years yet.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4170: Feb 06, 2023 07:36:01 pm
      It took the Premier League 4 years to get to this point, so this will drag on for a few more years yet.

It took 4 years because of City
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #4171: Feb 06, 2023 07:41:05 pm
      Obviously still cheating this season,Haaland for 50mil,actually comical they think they can somehow hide that one,with wages,add ons etc. Lance armstrong got stripped of all his tour de france titles for cheating,and so should these cheating bas**rds,could happen,the panel know money is no object to them so a fine is pointless,should be stripped of all titles,even the last couple of years,when you think Grealish for 100mill,corrupt bas**rds, hopefully last few years will get looked at as well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4172: Feb 06, 2023 07:42:50 pm

Premier League could’ve come to this sooner, it’s been waiting for their verdict ever since the UEFA investigation.
      City have stalled things but to me that makes it obvious they’re guilty, so should’ve given them a strict deadline to provide whatever was requested, if they didn’t co-operate then start slapping down the sanctions.

City are going to fight this, fire with fire but IMO, those investigating won’t push anywhere near as hard as they should.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #4173: Feb 06, 2023 07:48:33 pm
      It could be like Rangers punishment. Which was unprecedented. Drop em down to League Two. It would be amazing to see City playing Grimsby Town.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4174: Feb 06, 2023 07:54:15 pm

It's clear as day to anyone that they were going around the rules. How the heck can it take the PL 4 years to figure this out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4175: Feb 06, 2023 08:02:32 pm
      It's clear as day to anyone that they were going around the rules. How the heck can it take the PL 4 years to figure this out.

Personally (and I am probably wrong here) I think the Premier League were waiting on what would happen with Newcastle. That takeover seemed to take a fair bit of time and I think they were waiting to see if Newcastle would really spend massively, to the extent Chelsea have been and were waiting to see if there was anything they could target Newcastle for instead. But, despite spending a fair bit of money, I think we all expected Newcastle to have spent a lot more than what they have.

So the Premier League have almost been forced to turn their attentions back to City.

Like I said, I’m probably wrong but that’s my take on it like.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4176: Feb 06, 2023 08:14:17 pm
      Mr Moneypants at Chelsea will be getting a bit nervous. The money spent in the last transfer window seems very suspicious.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4177: Feb 06, 2023 08:15:35 pm
      Mr Moneypants at Chelsea will be getting a bit nervous. The money spent in the last transfer window seems very suspicious.

They are using the amortisation loophole by spreading the costs over long contracts
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #4178: Feb 06, 2023 09:11:10 pm

The sooner that particular loophole is closed the better. Although Chelsea could see themselves landed with not very good players on very long contracts, they can’t get out of. Karma can be a wonderful thing!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4179: Feb 06, 2023 09:22:18 pm
      The sooner that particular loophole is closed the better. Although Chelsea could see themselves landed with not very good players on very long contracts, they can’t get out of. Karma can be a wonderful thing!

I believe that UEFA have asked the Prem league to put in rules to ensure contract maximum lengths are 5 years - it’s in place in other countries

But as you say they could end up with a lot of sh*t on long contracts
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #4180: Feb 06, 2023 09:27:51 pm
      Much less room for getting out of this one as it will be for the Commission (and any Appeals Board) to decide with little chance of an outside appeal.

Hoping the KC is a Utd supporter and we see a Calciopoli style reckoning with a decade of turmoil and pain commensurate with their level of cheating.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4181: Feb 06, 2023 09:31:00 pm
      Personally (and I am probably wrong here) I think the Premier League were waiting on what would happen with Newcastle. That takeover seemed to take a fair bit of time and I think they were waiting to see if Newcastle would really spend massively, to the extent Chelsea have been and were waiting to see if there was anything they could target Newcastle for instead. But, despite spending a fair bit of money, I think we all expected Newcastle to have spent a lot more than what they have.

So the Premier League have almost been forced to turn their attentions back to City.

Like I said, I’m probably wrong but that’s my take on it like.

I think they were pissed that City weaseled out of any sanctions with UEFA so they took their time and built an airtight case. Also, a lot of this hinges on some football leaks website that dumped a bunch of confidential emails and other documents so the FA would be hard pressed to do nothing. City is in trouble, I don’t doubt that, my doubt comes into what the punishment will be. I don’t know that they will get their titles vacated but that’s what should happen, along with immediate expulsion from the PL if they want to really send a message to Chelsea and Newcastle.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4182: Feb 06, 2023 09:45:57 pm
      we must all hope that once found guilty as charged the penalties are sufficient, not just to punish City, but to bring the whole issue of club ownership up for review. It's clear that State owned clubs are bypassing the regulations, and that financial penalties, if ever levied are pointless.
      There needs to be far stricter rules about where the funds are coming from with iron clad guarantee's that any club found to operate outside new, clear, unambiguous and strict parameters of financial governance, are expelled from the Premier league for 10 years. (with no scope for appeals) This would go some way, to not just rebalancing English football, but Continental football as well. This sport washing greed needs to stop or it will kill the game.....Our game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4183: Feb 06, 2023 10:20:10 pm
      some cracking stuff I liked Lucas tweet asking from 2014 " am I a premier league winner". Watched a City fan podcast they know they are bang to rights. Also heard a comment from the past from the owner saying they would trawl the league around all the Courts in Europe for 10 years that alone if true should have them thrown out.
      This is going to be death by a thousand cuts regardless of how long this process take and it will start next game when they will get relentlessly booed . Mancini needs a call from the HRMC about undeclared income too. When will the EPL chairman meet to discuss this
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #4184: Feb 06, 2023 10:33:22 pm
      All that will happen is they will.be stripped of their CL trophies
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4185: Feb 06, 2023 10:42:32 pm
      how the F**k is slagging of FSG slagging of the REDS which f***in planet are you on.

Love the way you take everything so F***ing personal you soft c**t.

Ever thought I was referring to the tw*ts filming themselves then lobbing it on you tube as well as the never been near Anfield nerds on twitter who were literally trying to organise a protest that no one could be arsed with that has been discussed elsewhere before you came back, so wind your F***ing neck in!!
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2023 10:48:47 pm by HUYTON RED »

Quick Reply