Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 455014 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #46: Jul 31, 2009 10:44:21 pm
      £20M for lescott - joke... more money than sense! I hope they buy everyone who we cant afford - then pick them all up in Jan as they want more 1st team football at a real club!

Dunno if id want much of what they have picked up so far though! Although if Tevez gets frustrated again maybe he'll come on the cheap, not that we need him but i cant see him being much happier there with the amount of strikers they have at the moment!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #47: Jul 31, 2009 11:11:12 pm
      Dunno if id want much of what they have picked up so far though! Although if Tevez gets frustrated again maybe he'll come on the cheap, not that we need him but I cant see him being much happier there with the amount of strikers they have at the moment!

Teves would be a great Jan addition - and would remove the Man U - LFC link in a way. they have a few players who could be usefull at that time in the season. With a world cup coming its always a possibility...
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #48: Aug 01, 2009 12:22:01 am
      Money is no guarantee of success, yes the squad on paper looks o.k, but matches arent played on paper. And you can only play 11 at once and at city i reckon theyll have at least 16 demanding a start every week. Thats when the fun and games will start, little things can turn into big problems and i think theyve bought a few who will stamp their feet if it aint going their way.
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #49: Aug 05, 2009 02:35:03 pm
      Carlos Tevez may miss season's start after slip in shower

• City's £25.5m signing has not played in pre-season games
      • Club asks Argentina to leave him out of team to face Russia

Carlos Tevez, the striker whose choice of club has come to symbolise Manchester City's ambitions, is in danger of missing the start of the season because of an injury suffered when he slipped in the shower.

Tevez aggravated a heel problem when he lost his balance trying to get out of the shower and has not been able to play a single minute of City's pre-season programme. He will also miss the club's warm-up game against Rangers in Glasgow tomorrow and the club's manager, Mark Hughes, has appealed for the Argentina head coach, Diego Maradona, not to include him in his squad for a friendly against Russia in Moscow next week.

Hughes says Tevez will be fit for the club's opening league match, at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday week, but the former Manchester United player has not been able to train properly since moving across the city in a £25.5m transfer deal.

The Argentina team doctor has been to Manchester to check on Tevez's condition and Hughes said: "We don't think Carlos should play for his international team. We would prefer him to stay back next week. He hasn't trained all pre-season. He had an injury from his last international and then he banged the same area when he slipped in the shower. He'll be fine for the start of the season, but he's still not able to put his full weight on it.'

Roque Santa Cruz, the £17m recruit from Blackburn Rovers, has also had his pre-season disrupted by a tendinitis problem, although City's extraordinary spending spree does give Hughes ample cover in attack.

Hughes has spent £94m so far on what the manager has described as an "exceptional" summer but not everything has gone City's way. Leeds United revealed today that English football's biggest spenders had tried to sign Fabian Delph before Aston Villa had a £6m bid accepted on Monday.

City lodged an offer of the same amount on Saturday but, according to the Leeds chairman, Ken Bates, the club's English-based hierarchy then had to get ratification from their owners in Abu Dhabi and asked for the talks to be shelved for a week.

"We had accepted an offer from Manchester City on Saturday which they had to go back with to the owner in the Gulf," Bates said. "Then apparently they needed a week to think about it which surprised us, considering the size of the deal.

"The problem was they might have come back and said 'No' and that wouldn't have been fair to Delph, wouldn't have been fair to Aston Villa and would have eaten into our season. We went back to Villa and it's a good decision for Leeds and the player."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/04/manchester-city-carlos-tevez-injured-in-shower

Tevez cant keep his balance anywhere then

And, they actually have to ask Sheik Deep F***ing Al-Pockets for money?

Hughes asking Maradona a favour, seriously? No F***ing comparison
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #50: Aug 05, 2009 11:33:41 pm
      :lmao: another defeat for them today with a so called "strong line up" again.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #51: Aug 06, 2009 07:30:17 am
      I am not sure why, but Man City are doing their glory hunting shopping just from the prem league.

Do they not have the people capable of negotiating with non english clubs?

Does this say something about the limitations of the junior manager Mark Hughes.

Chelsea achieved their success by bringing in talent from outside England, so I think what will happen is Hughes will be sacked, and replaced by someone capable of poaching players from other sources.
      Look for them to achieve more success in two years time.
      harry_head
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 06, 2009 07:51:54 pm
      Lmao! Funny photos!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #53: Aug 06, 2009 08:14:06 pm
      :lmao: please be relegated
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #54: Aug 15, 2009 04:52:12 pm
      They spend £25mill on Tevez and put him on the bench :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #55: Aug 15, 2009 04:55:08 pm
      I think he was injured...? But :lmao: Still have a F***ing woeful defence.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #56: Aug 17, 2009 12:51:51 pm
      City fan has champions tattoo
      A Manchester City fan is so confident his club can spend their way to the top that he now sports a tattoo proclaiming them as European champions.

Kirk Bradley, 25, has had a tattoo reading "Manchester City - Champions League Winners 2011", along with a picture of the famous trophy, inked on to his right shoulder.

Bradley told the Daily Mirror: "I really believe we have the quality and the ambition to do it.

"All my mates think I'm crazy, but I don't care. At least no one can doubt that I am a true fan."

By his reckoning, City would have to finish in the top four of the Premier League this season and then win European football's most prestigious competition at the first attempt.

When asked what he would do if the Eastlands club could not live up to his expectations, Bradley said: "I don't even want to think about."

The 25-year-old student will be hoping his body art does not befall the same fate as fellow City fan Christopher Atkinson, who had 'Kaka' emblazoned across his chest in January when the club made their move to sign the Brazilian star from Milan.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #57: Aug 17, 2009 12:59:52 pm

:lmao:

Like the last comment on the article, too:

Quote from From Paul D, on Mon 17 Aug 12:53PM
      This idiot states "At least no one can doubt that­ I am a true fan" replace the word fan with­ MONG.
      25 year old student - get a job you scabby Manc­ tramp and stop spending my hard earned taxes on­ fantasies.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #58: Aug 17, 2009 08:36:21 pm
      :lmao:

What a douchebag!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Aug 17, 2009 09:21:32 pm

What a gobs***e.

Thought it was Stephen Ireland when I first saw the pic!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #60: Aug 17, 2009 09:27:16 pm
      Looks like he could do with a F***ing good wash.....spend your money on some soap mate, then dream on......
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #61: Aug 17, 2009 09:28:23 pm
      Going to be a gert scar there when he gets that lasered off :lmao:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #62: Aug 17, 2009 09:29:00 pm
      A new definition for the word 'tw*t'.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #63: Aug 17, 2009 09:32:27 pm
      A new definition for the word 'tw*t'.

tw*t of the week more like.

Only reason pricks like him get sh*t like that done, is to get their grids in the papers or on tv.

Remember the mong from Newcastle who got a tattoo of Andy Cole, who was then sold to the mancs!!

Couldn't see clearly enough but what year does he reckon they will win it, 2011?

Would be funny if they never even finished in a Europa Cup place.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #64: Aug 17, 2009 09:33:55 pm
      2011, that means having to break the top 4 this season....

No chance! :laugh:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #65: Aug 23, 2009 08:40:48 am
      :lmao: at that twit above, what the hell has he been smoking and where do i get some?!? Seriously, the w**ker is gonna be crying by May next year when they haven't even broken the top four and his dream is already broken before they even get to the UCL. Tosspot :lmao:

On another funny note, they have apparently got Lescott for 24mil! F**k, Johnson was a steal :D and a 10x better player ill add. Can't believe they paid that when he has just sat on the bench and watched 6 goals fly past him this season :D
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 24, 2009 06:44:58 pm
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #67: Aug 24, 2009 07:47:04 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: