Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Daniel Sanchez Ayala( Liverpool -> Norwich City)

Read 38063 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Daniel Sanchez Ayala Player Thread
      Reply #23: Aug 19, 2009 08:22:06 pm
      Performed alright up to now. A lot better than a couple of the matches we've seen him in.

Belated good luck Danny!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #24: Aug 19, 2009 10:04:26 pm
      Ayala did very well tonight, Stoke aren't an easy side to defend against. Didn't think he looked too good during pre-season but after Spurs and Stoke tonight he looks like he could be one for the future.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 19, 2009 10:06:15 pm
      This boy did very well today against a very good set piece team Stoke.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2009 11:52:51 pm by MsGerrard »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #26: Aug 19, 2009 10:07:05 pm
      Yep, sounds like the boy did 'weel' to me too! ;) Congratulations. Looking forward to watching it on Footie First.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #27: Aug 19, 2009 10:08:15 pm
      Ayala was solid at the back.

The only mistake he made was from a Delap throw, heading it back towards the goal - but they're so hard to deal with, so I'll let him off.

I don't think anyone on the team let me down today, but Ayala impressed me alot. Well done lad.
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #28: Aug 19, 2009 10:11:11 pm
      Congrats on the full debut.  ;D
      Thought the boy played really well, didn't look out of place at all. Really made up he helped keep a clean sheet on his first full game.
      petstran
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #29: Aug 19, 2009 10:12:00 pm
      Ayala was solid at the back.

The only mistake he made was from a Delap throw, heading it back towards the goal - but they're so hard to deal with, so I'll let him off.

I don't think anyone on the team let me down today, but Ayala impressed me alot. Well done lad.

agreed...solid game from the youngster. keep that up and with some improvement he'll be a solid cb soon!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #30: Aug 19, 2009 10:27:57 pm
      Well done Daniel! :)

Glad to see him doing well. He was a bit nervous with the ball but fair play to him, it was only his first game and at the age of 18! Other than that, a good performance.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #31: Aug 19, 2009 11:11:28 pm
      Didn't have much to do, but was dependable when called upon.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Aug 19, 2009 11:12:46 pm
      Good debut from him and looks as though he will become a dominant force in the air IMO.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Aug 19, 2009 11:17:23 pm
      Well he was asked to stand up and show if he's up for the challenge and he done himself no harm.

Grew in confidence as the game progressed. Vital experience for him.

Well played Danny boy!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #34: Aug 19, 2009 11:24:44 pm
      After a good performance, he must be gutted that we've gone for that Greek defender.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Aug 20, 2009 12:43:57 am
      It was great that the crowd encouraged him all the way through tonight - well apart from the few goons obviously.

Good game for him tonight, although you could argue that Stoke didn't really attack us that much.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #36: Aug 20, 2009 01:33:05 pm
      Did well in the match against stoke. Much better than San Jose i would say
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #37: Aug 20, 2009 01:41:29 pm
      Well he was asked to stand up and show if he's up for the challenge and he done himself no harm.

Grew in confidence as the game progressed. Vital experience for him.

Well played Danny boy!

Yep, and after watching him last night any ideas of signing Turner or Shawcross can be well fu**ed off.

I like this lad!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #38: Aug 20, 2009 03:04:03 pm
      It was a decent showing for Ayala though Stoke really on pressured us by long throws and free kicks but he held up pretty well. There were some poor decision with the ball at his feet and for the most time he played it safe which is to be expected from a young guy making his first start of the season.

Though I guess now with the signing of the Greek fellow we are not likely to see Ayala in the first team again unless another injury crisis but it is nice to know he can do a decent job at that level.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: Aug 21, 2009 12:00:02 am
      I thought he had a really solid game last night, like I said in the match thread he was nurtured by Carragher all evening, he encouraged him and you could see him directing him where to go and positioning etc......no-one better to learn from than Carra either,  he never really put a foot wrong all night and it must have been pretty daunting for him, after all we all know what happens to defenders if they put a foot wrong with Carra  :lmao: *cough cough* Wondered why Arbeloa left  :laugh:

Seriously though, he's certainly one for the future and he's nice and tall too, get him to be as good a header of the ball as Sami and we'll be made.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: Aug 21, 2009 12:23:37 am
      I thought he had a really solid game last night, like I said in the match thread he was nurtured by Carragher all evening, he encouraged him and you could see him directing him where to go and positioning etc......no-one better to learn from than Carra either,  he never really put a foot wrong all night and it must have been pretty daunting for him, after all we all know what happens to defenders if they put a foot wrong with Carra  :lmao: *cough cough* Wondered why Arbeloa left  :laugh:

Seriously though, he's certainly one for the future and he's nice and tall too, get him to be as good a header of the ball as Sami and we'll be made.

Just a shame we are getting that Greek defender IMO though. Ayala probably would have seen a fair bit of games this season, especially with the carling cup coming up soon, Agger being out and all the other factors.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #41: Aug 21, 2009 12:32:37 am

He's well up for that from what I've seen.  Didn't he have a go at Spurs, header from a corner went not too far past the post?  Happy enough for him to be in the team as long as it's Carra who is doing the nurturing.  Not sure if Skrtel or Agger would be able to have that influence over him.  Great experience for him really, hopefully he can build on it and become our next Emlyn/Thomo/Jocky/Sami/Carra.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #42: Aug 21, 2009 12:34:41 am
      Just a shame we are getting that Greek defender IMO though. Ayala probably would have seen a fair bit of games this season, especially with the carling cup coming up soon, Agger being out and all the other factors.

He's already 30 though isn't he, and he doesn't speak any English yet  ::) think Danny might get a few more games in this season. thing is, it's nice to know we've got him.

Danger is....if he tastes first team football, will he be happy playing in the ressies week after week?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: Aug 21, 2009 12:42:34 am
      He's already 30 though isn't he, and he doesn't speak any English yet  ::) think Danny might get a few more games in this season. thing is, it's nice to know we've got him.

Danger is....if he tastes first team football, will he be happy playing in the ressies week after week?

I think Rafa will have explained everything to him. He's still young and has time on his side. Especially as he's a centre half. If he keeps his performances in the ressies up he'll get a few more chances. I think we needed a tall, strong experienced defender. Someone who will offer a real threat from corners. But Ayala is a player who has a future at the club I reckon. He shouldn't be too disheartened by us signing a new centre back and I don't think he will be.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #44: Apr 25, 2010 06:03:45 pm
      Star.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Apr 25, 2010 06:06:10 pm
      Done well today had a good game and was involved in keeping a clean sheet, will do his confidence the world of good.

Quick Reply