Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LIVE: Thailand v Liverpool

Read 21837 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      LIVE: Thailand v Liverpool
      Jul 22, 2009 01:20:12 pm
      Confirmed team: Cavalieri, Degen, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Kuyt, Babel, Lucas, Plessis, Ngog, Nemeth.

Subs: Reina, Gulacsi, Johnson, San Jose, El Zhar, Pacheco, Torres, Riera, Dossena, Kelly, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Spearing.

No Alonso who apparently 'ruled himself out'.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: LIVE: Thailand v Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2009 01:22:49 pm
      No Alonso who apparently 'ruled himself out'.

Gives me confidence. ::)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2009 01:24:06 pm
      Although the official stance is he has a 'slight ankle strain'.

Funny that Rafa never mentioned an injury in the pre-match press conference.

Load of bollocks. Almost sick of hearing and typing Alonso's name now.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2009 01:26:26 pm
      Load of bollocks. Almost sick of hearing and typing Alonso's name now.

Know what you mean.

I've always thought of him as a model professional, but this kind of behaviour might change my opinion on that.

I hope for his sake he is really injured, he won't win the fans back like that, although it obviously might not be his intention anyway if he wants to leave.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2009 01:28:39 pm
      Makes me a little sick looking at the team.

Wouldn't know what I would be paying for on Sunday, a team like this?

Gosh.. when the promoters promised a full team including the likes of Gerrard & Torres. This is no doubt going to disappoint fans around the region - including me.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #5: Jul 22, 2009 01:31:12 pm

Gosh.. when the promoters promised a full team including the likes of Gerrard & Torres. This is no doubt going to disappoint fans around the region - including me.

Well it's a typical pre-season line-up if you ask me.

If you look at the whole squad the majority of the first team players are there, they just mix it up with some of the younger players and prospects.

Whilst it's unlikely you'll see the starting XI playing together, you'll probably see them all during the match.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2009 01:33:40 pm

I know what you're saying, but they are still Liverpool players and there are still many first teamers there bar Alonso, Gerrard and Yossi.

Let's hope these lads can come out and do the job. I don't like losing. Come on boys.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2009 01:34:18 pm
      Supposedly there is a clause in the contract to bring Liverpool FC to the Far East. Which means the club is obliged to field all their first-teamers. Would have liked to have Reina in it, and probably Masch. Reina doesn't really need to do anything but save - does he? ::)

Whatever the case is, I do hope for the sake of the Thai fans, the Spanish players and the likes of Masch can be brought on. It sickens the fans having to put up with this team especially when they're out in such a force.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2009 01:34:20 pm

Surely even they knew about Gerrard's court date.

The reason Torres and co. aren't playing much is because they've only just started training with the team.

I should imagine they'll feature more in Singapore.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2009 01:35:25 pm
      Maybe negotiations are a little further with Alonso and Madrid than we first thought ???, I read something on Monday that I instantly dismissed but now i'm  having second thoughts  and wondering if this could have anything to do with it. What I read was Representatives of Liverpool & Madrid were to hold a meeting in Ireland to further advance talks to conclude the deal of Alonso, could it be theses talks in Ireland are still on going and Xabi is missing the game to prevent any injury ?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2009 01:35:47 pm
      No Voronin either.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #11: Jul 22, 2009 01:36:44 pm
      Said in the pre-match thread that we'll do them 3-0 and I'm still keeping with it. This match is probably the first I'm going to see Nemeth and Degen in full action, so it would be interesting. Perfect kickoff time for me at 9pm here. If the game is good I might be just watching the delayed telecast on TV later at 11pm.

In for a marathon of Liverpool football, now that my national exams are over - for the next 4 months or so.

Well Res hope you are right. Do hope that the Spanish lads can get a run out of about half hour or so!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Jul 22, 2009 01:36:50 pm
      Sticking to positives, Agger is in there. Good to see.

F**k the Alonso saga, i'm going to watch my team wipe the floor with these.

So your main concern is not getting a show? A spectacle?

I'd rather watch this team play (which has plenty of talent) than have all players there to put on a show and risk injury (remember, the Spaniards need to be warmed into their matches and Steven has a matter of the law to attend to)
      Hiberpool
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts | -2 
      Reply #13: Jul 22, 2009 01:39:23 pm
      Thats not much of a loss IMO  ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #14: Jul 22, 2009 01:40:03 pm
      Sticking to positives, Agger is in there. Good to see.

F**k the Alonso saga, i'm going to watch my team wipe the floor with these.

So your main concern is not getting a show? A spectacle?

I'd rather watch this team play (which has plenty of talent) than have all players there to put on a show and risk injury (remember, the Spaniards need to be warmed into their matches and Steven has a matter of the law to attend to)

Well said, besides which the entire point of pre-season is getting players to the right level of fitness, trying different combinations and partnerships in a competitive match and so on.

Whilst we like to see pretty football and big scorelines, the victory is not the only objective. I prefer our boys be ready 100% for the start of the season than to have thrashed Thailand 10-0 but be tired.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #15: Jul 22, 2009 01:45:56 pm
      Not my concern, but with me probably going to the stadium on Sunday to catch the game I am sure many fans would want to see their favourite stars in action. Maybe reason being that you're arent as hyped up as me for this event! Of course I would rather we warmed up well for our season rather than thrashing Thailand 10-0 but getting nothing out of it. I am just expressing my disappointment perhaps, as a fan going to catch Liverpool in about 4 days.

I expect the Thai National Stadium to shatter to pieces though, 'The Kop' is going full blast later. Would like to see that level of support from their fanatical fans. If I'm not mistaken YNWA would be placed over the PA System, Profitable Group has given out free scarfs to people sitting in the Kop to recreate the Anfield atmosphere.

More of the action in the stands, would be a cracking game. Off to bathe, and then back to catch the game!
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #16: Jul 22, 2009 01:46:18 pm
      Looking forward to seeing Pacheco 2nd half he really impressed last game

Also watching Alonso getting off the bus he looked like his ankle was hurting. Regarding his transfer if he goes (which i think he will) my only concern is that Stevie may have to sit deeper and we would be in need of another CF or if not then Lucas would have to step up, either way it will hurt us
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Jul 22, 2009 01:51:44 pm
      Supposedly there is a clause in the contract to bring Liverpool FC to the Far East. Which means the club is obliged to field all their first-teamers. Would have liked to have Reina in it, and probably Masch. Reina doesn't really need to do anything but save - does he? ::)

Whatever the case is, I do hope for the sake of the Thai fans, the Spanish players and the likes of Masch can be brought on. It sickens the fans having to put up with this team especially when they're out in such a force.

To be honest ROF I think that's a bit of an insult to the team that Rafa's picked, after all there are six first teamers in the team, Liverpool FC have a squad of players to pick from and I'm sure Rafa will be well aware that the fans want to see the likes of Masch and Torres playing, watch them come on later in the second half.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #18: Jul 22, 2009 01:52:30 pm
      THis on LFC TV later? Some of us have to work ::) ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #19: Jul 22, 2009 01:52:45 pm
      Rafa hasn't half put the beef on hasn't he.

Fat b***ard. He needs to come running with me.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #20: Jul 22, 2009 01:53:08 pm
      THis on LFC TV later? Some of us have to work ::) ;)

4 o'clock.

Get back to work.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #21: Jul 22, 2009 01:55:21 pm
      They do good stadium don't they :P
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #22: Jul 22, 2009 01:57:17 pm
      Nice to see a bit of chat from King Kenny there.

Hell of a turnout too.

Quick Reply