Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Formula 1

Read 578343 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3128: Oct 11, 2015 01:52:58 pm
      Delighted for Perez. One of my favourite drivers on the grid and has a thing for achieving great results like this. As a McLaren fan it's good to see both drivers finish in the top 10 even though there were quite a few casualties.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3129: Oct 11, 2015 01:59:27 pm
      Delighted for Perez. One of my favourite drivers on the grid and has a thing for achieving great results like this. As a McLaren fan it's good to see both drivers finish in the top 10 even though there were quite a few casualties.

Pleased for Perez but annoyed for Valteri. Imagine how furious he is right now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3130: Oct 11, 2015 02:01:38 pm
      Excellent race. Enjoyed that one a lot. Some great opportunistic drives, great strategies (Force India!) and a few dramatic crashes! And that's 42 and counting for Lewis. Equal with Seb and 9 behind Alain Prost!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #3131: Oct 11, 2015 02:05:31 pm
      Pleased for Perez but annoyed for Valteri. Imagine how furious he is right now.

Fully expected Valteri to climb out of the car lashing the steering wheel and F***ing and blinding, remarkable self control.
      The way he was taken out of the race was deplorable.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3132: Oct 16, 2015 07:37:14 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34552570

Wow....just when you thought Ecclestone couldn't get any lower he goes and says this. Someone put this man out of his misery....please?!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #3133: Oct 16, 2015 08:19:29 pm

Wow....just when you thought Ecclestone couldn't get any lower he goes and says this. Someone put this man out of his misery....please?!

Him and Blatter are like peas in a pod - cut from the same cloth.  :roll:

I'm not surprised by his comments. I'm sure he gets a kick from being controversial.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3134: Oct 16, 2015 08:58:00 pm

Controversial as ever, Bernie.

Can't wait 'til F1 is rid of you, my friend.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3135: Oct 23, 2015 10:56:31 pm
      Bloody awful weather has forced the cancellation of second practice this evening. Weather looking not too clever for the rest of the weekend.

Don't know if this race is going to go ahead at this rate. Shame - not usually fond of the new circuits in f1 but the Austin track has been a winner for me since it's debut three years ago.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3136: Oct 25, 2015 09:34:58 pm
      Yes Lewis!!!! He joins Jack Brabham, Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda, Nelson Piquet and Ayrton Senna as a THREE TIME WORLD CHAMPION!

What a spectacular race though to win it on! Action throughout the pack, safety cars virtual and real all over the place, wet turning into dry. Possibly the best GP of the last three years.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3137: Oct 25, 2015 09:54:24 pm
      Don't really understand some of the stick Hamilton gets he is a three time world champion and he is british and thats good enough for me.
      that was a crazy weekend and an even crazier race
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3138: Oct 25, 2015 09:55:24 pm
      Can't stand Hamilton but Champion is Champion. Even though it's been a piss poor standard this year with little competition.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #3139: Oct 25, 2015 09:55:50 pm
      Well done Lewis!!!!

3X World Champion.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3140: Oct 25, 2015 10:08:50 pm
      Don't really understand some of the stick Hamilton gets he is a three time world champion and he is british and thats good enough for me.
      that was a crazy weekend and an even crazier race

I don't understand it either. He's become a great ambassador for his sport. There was a time a few years ago when I thought he was in danger of going off the rails especially in his last season with McLaren in 2012. But he's a new man at Mercedes and has just matured brilliantly and along with Nico, helped develop a truly great F1 team. Yeah sure he's won this season at a canter with not as much competition as before but to use that against him is to be ignorant of the incredible competitive battles he has been in the past. Look at his debut season in 2007 where he should have won the title then up against two supreme drivers in Alonso and the ultimate champion that year Raikonnen. Look at his 2008 triumph when he won it on the last corner in Brazil but only after pegged back by Massa constantly throughout the year. Look at last season where Nico really pushed him physically and mentally. He's more than deserving of this third world title and in my opinion well overdue!

Not just a true great in the history of F1 but a true great in the history of British sport.

43 wins....and counting. 3 world titles....and counting!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3141: Oct 25, 2015 10:17:46 pm
      Been a Hamilton fan since his days at McLaren and I'm made up for him today. You can tell how passionate he is about the sport and winning the world championship and I can support that over the sly f**ker that is Rosberg.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3142: Oct 25, 2015 11:41:20 pm
      Today is all about Hamilton but may I put a shout out to the star of the future - Max Verstappen taking 4th place. Words fail me just how impressive this guy has been.

And also a big shout out to Jenson taking 6th place in that dog of a McLaren proving once again in challenging and changing conditions there is no superior. One of the most intelligent and perceptive drivers in the history of the sport. Great man and a great drive - always in sync with what was the best strategy at particular points in the race! Hard luck to Fernando Alonso though - he drove brilliantly as well but his tyres just fell out of sync with everyone elses after that last safety car.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3143: Oct 26, 2015 12:31:14 am
      What a race today.

Really enjoyed that one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3144: Oct 26, 2015 01:47:25 am
      What a race today.

Really enjoyed that one.

Was brilliant wasn't it! Great way to spend a Sunday evening. We've had some real stinkers this year (Spain, Canada and Japan to name a few) but we've also had some excellent races as well particularly Hungary and now this one. Mentioned earlier that it could possibly have been the best GP of the last few years - on second thoughts Bahrain from last season still stands high thanks largely to that unbelievable duel between Hamilton and Rosberg!

But it's fast becoming one of my favourite races is this Austin track! Love it!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3145: Oct 26, 2015 04:37:15 pm
      So many retirements, but what a Grand Prix it was.

Hamilton's a deserving champion. Long may that last.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3146: Oct 26, 2015 06:35:07 pm
      Remember Mercedes gifting Rosberg the Monaco GPafter they called Hamilton into the pits Hamilton was obviously annoyed but he took it like a man.
      Even then Rosberg could not accept he fluked it at Hamiltons expense the man who is now 30years of age is a spoilt bratt who likes to get his own way or the toys get slung he needs to grow up if he wants to win the championship
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3147: Oct 26, 2015 09:19:42 pm
      Best Grand Prix in a long time.

Hamilton passes Vettel on 43 wins to 42,
      but Vettel is 4 v 3 on titles.

Getting into the realm of legends this pair.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3148: Oct 26, 2015 09:31:54 pm
      Remember Mercedes gifting Rosberg the Monaco GPafter they called Hamilton into the pits Hamilton was obviously annoyed but he took it like a man.
      Even then Rosberg could not accept he fluked it at Hamiltons expense the man who is now 30years of age is a spoilt bratt who likes to get his own way or the toys get slung he needs to grow up if he wants to win the championship

Was gutted for Lewis that day. He was something like 25-30 seconds ahead of the field and in a league of his own. One of the best drives in Monte Carlo in recent years and yet because of a dreadful call most people won't remember his drive that day!

Best Grand Prix in a long time.

Hamilton passes Vettel on 43 wins to 42,
      but Vettel is 4 v 3 on titles.

Getting into the realm of legends this pair.

Hamilton v Vettel for the 2016 world championship battle? If Ferrari can make similar strides to what they did over last winter then we could be in for something quite momentous. Leave Raikonnen and Rosberg as support actors and let's see both teams put their full weight behind Lewis and Seb and watch sparks fly. Monumental - it could be the greatest battle since Senna v Prost.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3149: Oct 26, 2015 10:21:24 pm
      Today is all about Hamilton but may I put a shout out to the star of the future - Max Verstappen taking 4th place. Words fail me just how impressive this guy has been.

And also a big shout out to Jenson taking 6th place in that dog of a McLaren proving once again in challenging and changing conditions there is no superior. One of the most intelligent and perceptive drivers in the history of the sport. Great man and a great drive - always in sync with what was the best strategy at particular points in the race! Hard luck to Fernando Alonso though - he drove brilliantly as well but his tyres just fell out of sync with everyone elses after that last safety car.

What a driver Max is at such a young age. He's a future  world champion for sure.

I couldn't be any happier for Button after this weekend. His team mate has the upper hand when it comes to upgrades and such but as you say, when it comes to challenging conditions there is nobody better. As a fan of both drivers individually as well as McLaren, I'm really hoping they both stick around for when McLaren comes good as it will be an exciting spectacle.
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #3150: Oct 29, 2015 09:19:52 pm
      ;D funny how Rosberg gave the lead to Hamilton... FUNNY.
      Give that seat to Verstappen and we'll see a propah challenge, Rosberg is not good enough.

Quick Reply