Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Formula 1

Read 577120 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3887: May 28, 2017 02:21:22 pm
      Seriously pissed off with that 5 second time penalty given to Wehrlein after the unsafe release in front of Jenson. Button's been chained to him on the race track ever since.

Wow - safety car. Car on it's side on entrance of the tunnel.

Might get interesting now.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3888: May 28, 2017 02:21:45 pm
      Safety car out, car lying on its side against the barrier
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3889: May 28, 2017 02:22:46 pm
      Looks like a coming together between Jenson and Wehrlein.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3890: May 28, 2017 02:23:21 pm
      Jensen is out of his car in the run off road
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3891: May 28, 2017 02:24:17 pm
      Jensen flipped him
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3892: May 28, 2017 02:29:18 pm
      Poor from Eriksson there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3893: May 28, 2017 02:29:22 pm
      Wow - that's embarrassing from Ericsson! Not a good few laps for Sauber!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3894: May 28, 2017 02:30:32 pm

Reminds me of Coulthard crashing into the pit lane wall on the entrance when he drove for Williams in the 90s. Recall seeing someone post it on Twitter recently!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3895: May 28, 2017 02:33:39 pm
      Come on Max - take a chance anywhere.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3896: May 28, 2017 03:04:38 pm
      Well deserved that for Vettel and Ferrari. Brilliant all weekend. Delighted for the team and about bloody time! 16 years is too long!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3897: May 28, 2017 03:09:01 pm
      Well deserved that for Vettel and Ferrari. Brilliant all weekend. Delighted for the team and about bloody time! 16 years is too long!

Great day for Ferrari.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3898: May 28, 2017 04:54:47 pm
      Indy 500 coming up. Let's hope for a strong showing from Alonso.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3899: May 28, 2017 05:54:17 pm
      Alonso going great guns at Indy. 40/200 laps and he leads the race! Incredible!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3900: May 28, 2017 08:39:32 pm
      Led most of the laps, running amongst the leaders, all going well after a stunning drive...and then Fernando's Honda engine breaks down...predictably. :( Phenomenal drive. As if we needed any more evidence to prove that he is gifted with one of the finest minds in motor racing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3901: May 29, 2017 06:20:56 pm
      What do we think then folks. Did Ferrari engineer their stops to get Seb out in front?
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2017 07:59:26 pm by srslfc »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3902: May 29, 2017 07:18:20 pm
      What do we think then folks. Did Ferrari engineer their stops to here Seb our in front?

It was very convenient wasn't it?

For me, if I was on the Ferrari pit wall knowing full well that our best chance for the drivers title is Vettel I would probably have engineered the same result in Vettel's favour. It sounds cruel and against the sporting code but if, come the end of the season, Vettel had missed out on the title to Lewis by a handful of points because we hadn't swapped cars in Monaco, it would have given me sleepless nights.

For Ferrari it was absolutely the right thing to do in my opinion even if it wasn't the right thing for the sport. That's the difficulty and probably the reality about f1 - looking after your own fortunes often comes at the expense of the sport as a whole. Also this friction between the individual driver element and the team element often ends up in unpopular circumstances.

For what it's worth I thought Seb drove superbly to gain the lead over the pit stop phase. What's impressive is how well he managed his tyres behind in the dirty air of Kimi to the extent that he could still put in those hot laps that saw him take the lead so in this particular situation I don't think it was totally undeserved.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3903: May 29, 2017 07:53:38 pm
      It was very convenient wasn't it?

For me, if I was on the Ferrari pit wall knowing full well that our best chance for the drivers title is Vettel I would probably have engineered the same result in Vettel's favour. It sounds cruel and against the sporting code but if, come the end of the season, Vettel had missed out on the title to Lewis by a handful of points because we hadn't swapped cars in Monaco, it would have given me sleepless nights.

For Ferrari it was absolutely the right thing to do in my opinion even if it wasn't the right thing for the sport. That's the difficulty and probably the reality about f1 - looking after your own fortunes often comes at the expense of the sport as a whole. Also this friction between the individual driver element and the team element often ends up in unpopular circumstances.

For what it's worth I thought Seb drove superbly to gain the lead over the pit stop phase. What's impressive is how well he managed his tyres behind in the dirty air of Kimi to the extent that he could still put in those hot laps that saw him take the lead so in this particular situation I don't think it was totally undeserved.
      You've saved me a post as I'm in total agreement with you Franky  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3904: May 29, 2017 08:54:07 pm
      You've saved me a post as I'm in total agreement with you Franky  :D

:D It's a tough dilemma depending on which perspective you see it from. Be interesting to read other views on it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3905: May 29, 2017 09:23:47 pm
      :D It's a tough dilemma depending on which perspective you see it from. Be interesting to read other views on it.

I'm with you two.

Ferrari have to take this opportunity and maximise their chance of a possible win this year although I can understand Kimi being as pissed off as he appeared to be.

Kimi possibly off next season?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3906: May 29, 2017 10:03:20 pm
      I'm with you two.

Ferrari have to take this opportunity and maximise their chance of a possible win this year although I can understand Kimi being as pissed off as he appeared to be.

Kimi possibly off next season?

It will be interesting to see how he responds to this disappointment. I was disappointed that he didn't win it even if I understand where Ferrari were coming from. But the prospect of Kimi winning he Monaco Grand Prix in a Ferrari would have been perfection. I hope he comes out all guns blazing because he was brilliant across the whole weekend.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3907: May 30, 2017 12:01:10 pm
      What do we think then folks. Did Ferrari engineer their stops to get Seb out in front?

I've seen this floated online since the race.

2 Things.

Kimi's tyres were gone away from him.
      His laptimes showed that, and even with some traffic he was complaining of the rears going off.

Seb still had to put the laps in to make that overlap work.
      Those few laps after Kimi cleared the road were phenomenal.

Hard for Kimi to take as he did little wrong to warrant losing that race
      but those looking for conspiracy theories would be better off appreciating that Seb and Daniel were mighty.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3908: May 30, 2017 11:34:03 pm

Without shadow of a doubt.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3909: Jun 01, 2017 06:51:34 pm
      Interesting analysis regarding Sunday's race.

https://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/status/869879140551471106

Quick Reply