Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Formula 1

Read 574845 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3910: Jun 02, 2017 03:32:38 pm
      Celebrating 40 years of Williams Racing.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/870549943127343104
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3911: Jun 07, 2017 10:11:25 pm
      Canada this weekend. Scene of probably the most dramatic topsy turvy Grand Prix of the last 10 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9zgL7iyNDs
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3912: Jun 07, 2017 10:14:47 pm
      Canada this weekend. Scene of probably the most dramatic topsy turvy Grand Prix of the last 10 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9zgL7iyNDs

Montreal is one of my favourite circuits.

Can't wait.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3913: Jun 08, 2017 01:01:46 am
      Montreal is one of my favourite circuits.

Can't wait.

Absolutely. I've heard it's one of the very best, if not the best, to view a Grand Prix live in person. Would love to go there someday.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3914: Jun 08, 2017 01:05:59 am
      Absolutely. I've heard it's one of the very best, if not the best, to view a Grand Prix live in person. Would love to go there someday.

If I finally get the chance to go to a Grand Prix live Spa, Monza and Montreal are my top choices.

Problem with Montreal is the distance though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3915: Jun 08, 2017 01:16:59 am
      If I finally get the chance to go to a Grand Prix live Spa, Monza and Montreal are my top choices.

Problem with Montreal is the distance though.

With you on Spa and Monza being my top two as well. Spa in particular is one that I'll be looking closer and closer into from next year onwards I think. It really is the ultimate racing driver's track. Me and my brother also insist upon the circuit in Spielberg, Austria as a must see. I genuinely think it's an underrated track and in my opinion it probably provided the best race from last year with Hamilton taking Rosberg on the last lap.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3916: Jun 08, 2017 12:38:23 pm
      This sounds ominous for the McLaren/Honda relationship.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/872568871575834628
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3917: Jun 10, 2017 07:04:10 pm
      One of the best qualifying sessions Ive ever seen.  So so exciting. Hammy on pole "Yes baby"  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3918: Jun 10, 2017 07:14:20 pm
      One of the best qualifying sessions Ive ever seen.  So so exciting. Hammy on pole "Yes baby"  ;D

Had it on with the football in the background.

Extreme speed by Lewis and Seb there! Lewis in particular just perfect round that track.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3919: Jun 10, 2017 07:20:27 pm
      Had it on with the football in the background.

Extreme speed by Lewis and Seb there! Lewis in particular just perfect round that track.

I just made my comment about football on England thread. There not worthy in here   ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3920: Jun 11, 2017 03:28:53 pm
      Can't wait for the race at 7pm. For some reason though I have a big fear that Lewis Hamilton will bin it in the wall of champions! Must not think negative thoughts!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3921: Jun 11, 2017 06:53:00 pm
      Should be good this one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3922: Jun 11, 2017 08:33:47 pm
      Perez is a silly silly man.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3923: Jun 11, 2017 08:39:36 pm
      Well that was easy for Lewis! In a league of his own! Fitting victory 10 years after his very first win in f1 also at Montreal. Didn't see him on tv for the 95% of that race!

Force India - have a word with yourself and Perez.

And congrats to Stroll. First points in f1 - every little helps!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3924: Jun 12, 2017 12:08:19 am
      Well that was easy for Lewis! In a league of his own! Fitting victory 10 years after his very first win in f1 also at Montreal. Didn't see him on tv for the 95% of that race!

Force India - have a word with yourself and Perez.

And congrats to Stroll. First points in f1 - every little helps!

Just seen the highlights and an enjoyable race and easy win for Lewis.

Agree on Perez.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3925: Jun 12, 2017 12:57:55 pm
      Just seen the highlights and an enjoyable race and easy win for Lewis.

Agree on Perez.

Yeah it was an enjoyable race. Some real close racing thoughout and interesting strategy played out.

On another note, it looks like the McLaren Honda partnership is dead in the water. Apparently Mansour Ojjeh, the key shareholder in McLaren has been hosting private discussions with Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda over the last couple of weeks. It seems quite clear now that McLaren will return to Mercedes engines for next year. The latest engine failure on Alonso's car will only seal that deal further. I think Alonso said after the race that the power deficit on those long straights in Montreal was actually dangerous. I agree. Some of the footage just watching other cars breeze by without any effort was shameful.

Humiliating for Honda. Their refusal to actually cooperate and integrate their processes with McLaren and branch out from their insular mindset means I have next to no sympathy for them. I feel really sorry for Alonso, Vandoorne, the whole McLaren team including Zak Brown. You can see he's definitely brought McLaren into the 21st century and allowing Alonso to race at Indy under the McLaren banner was a PR masterstroke. So I think they've got a good principal there who is looking to move the team on from the Ron Dennis ear and hopefully from next year that realises itself on the track with a new engine supplier.

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2017 01:15:08 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #3926: Jun 12, 2017 08:14:40 pm
      Yeah it was an enjoyable race. Some real close racing thoughout and interesting strategy played out.

On another note, it looks like the McLaren Honda partnership is dead in the water. Apparently Mansour Ojjeh, the key shareholder in McLaren has been hosting private discussions with Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda over the last couple of weeks. It seems quite clear now that McLaren will return to Mercedes engines for next year. The latest engine failure on Alonso's car will only seal that deal further. I think Alonso said after the race that the power deficit on those long straights in Montreal was actually dangerous. I agree. Some of the footage just watching other cars breeze by without any effort was shameful.

Humiliating for Honda. Their refusal to actually cooperate and integrate their processes with McLaren and branch out from their insular mindset means I have next to no sympathy for them. I feel really sorry for Alonso, Vandoorne, the whole McLaren team including Zak Brown. You can see he's definitely brought McLaren into the 21st century and allowing Alonso to race at Indy under the McLaren banner was a PR masterstroke. So I think they've got a good principal there who is looking to move the team on from the Ron Dennis ear and hopefully from next year that realises itself on the track with a new engine supplier.

Wonder where that would leave Sauber?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3927: Jun 13, 2017 03:35:32 pm
      Wonder where that would leave Sauber?

Yeah. When the Honda deal was announced for them it was on the assumption that McLaren would continue for next year and hugely beneficial to Honda who could now run 4 cars with their power units. I suppose Sauber don't have much option but to hold their noses and go with it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3928: Jun 22, 2017 03:55:47 pm
      https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/877862938828087296

Is it me or does this year's Ferrari look better every time I see it?? Fantastic looking car.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3929: Jun 23, 2017 12:16:43 am
      https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/877862938828087296

Is it me or does this year's Ferrari look better every time I see it?? Fantastic looking car.

It's a beauty alright.
      Once you get used to those sidepods.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3930: Jun 24, 2017 02:00:18 pm
      This Baku location is a beautiful spot for a Grand Prix.
      Last year's GP was pretty poor from what I recall but I hope we see a good one this weekend to match the beauty of the aesthetics!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3931: Jun 24, 2017 03:15:43 pm
      66 pole position for Lewis Hamilton!

Shout out to Lance Stroll for out qualifying Massa for the first time this year. Seems to be on an upward curve now!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3932: Jun 25, 2017 02:36:17 pm
      Very boring track :(

Quick Reply