Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W12 D4 L6

Formula 1

Read 315571 times
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4680: Feb 12, 2019 08:55:22 pm
      Agree with you guys on Renault and very intrigued to see how they get on with Ricciardo in the seat.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,442 posts | 2247 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4681: Feb 12, 2019 09:28:28 pm
      Agree with you guys on Renault and very intrigued to see how they get on with Ricciardo in the seat.

No better pilot to snatch any opportunity that presents itself.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4682: Feb 12, 2019 09:40:46 pm
      No better pilot to snatch any opportunity that presents itself.

Indeed.

I still have a feeling Red Bull will be fine with the Honda but not sure they'll close the gap enough to really compete for the championship.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,442 posts | 2247 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4683: Feb 12, 2019 09:44:11 pm
      Indeed.

I still have a feeling Red Bull will be fine with the Honda but not sure they'll close the gap enough to really compete for the championship.

Being fine won't be enough if Renault have made a significant step,
      especially as Renault arguably have a stronger driver line up.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,837 posts | 3262 
      Reply #4684: Feb 12, 2019 10:09:40 pm
      This new mob are just looking to ring as much money out of F1 regardless of who they upset or the History of the Sport.
      Can you even imagine dropping the British GP.
      REally hoping Danny Ric gets ahead of RB and his old Pal Max. Can McLaren and Williams do anything this year I hope so
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,442 posts | 2247 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4685: Feb 12, 2019 10:13:25 pm
      This new mob are just looking to ring as much money out of F1 regardless of who they upset or the History of the Sport.
      Can you even imagine dropping the British GP.
      REally hoping Danny Ric gets ahead of RB and his old Pal Max. Can McLaren and Williams do anything this year I hope so

Much better options out there for the money that goes into it.
      Le Mans and Moto GP we're cheaper and no lesser product.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,837 posts | 3262 
      Reply #4686: Feb 12, 2019 10:26:50 pm
      Much better options out there for the money that goes into it.
      Le Mans and Moto GP we're cheaper and no lesser product.

I am a massive Le Mans fan and if F1 don't get their act together they could lose a lot of good will around the world and in F1 history does count for a lot.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,442 posts | 2247 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4687: Feb 12, 2019 10:36:21 pm
      I am a massive Le Mans fan and if F1 don't get their act together they could lose a lot of good will around the world and in F1 history does count for a lot.

They've already lost ground to Moto GP and will lose ground to the likes of Le Mans & Formula E.
      Purists will easily get their fix from Moto GP & Le Mans.
      Those who want a modern take might be drawn to Formula E.
      Formula 1 seems caught between two stools.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,837 posts | 3262 
      Reply #4688: Feb 12, 2019 10:41:33 pm
      They've already lost ground to Moto GP and will lose ground to the likes of Le Mans & Formula E.
      Purists will easily get their fix from Moto GP & Le Mans.
      Those who want a modern take might be drawn to Formula E.
      Formula 1 seems caught between two stools.

Le Mans are already trying to  make it more competitive by changing the Prototype Cars . The on board Cameras are so much better
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,358 posts | 2491 
      Reply #4689: Feb 13, 2019 10:48:31 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,441 posts | 4839 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4690: Feb 13, 2019 06:40:35 pm

Thank f**k it doesn't have that little knob sticking out the end of its nose. Not much of a 'new' livery though. Crikey - given the way Mercedes were teasing its fans the last week or two you'd have thought it was going to be a complete overhaul. Nothing of the sort.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,442 posts | 2247 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4691: Feb 13, 2019 10:43:08 pm

So much for the black camo car.
      Reckoned that was a wind up when they had the wheels and all done.
      Tidier than last season's, but then just about every launch has been tidied up versions of last year's,
      With the exception of HAAS and Williams, who have new main sponsors.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,441 posts | 4839 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4692: Feb 14, 2019 09:26:09 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,358 posts | 2491 
      Reply #4693: Feb 14, 2019 10:11:44 pm
      Merc is growing on me but I got to admit I like that stealth, tactical look of Haas with Renault 2nd..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,442 posts | 2247 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4694: Feb 14, 2019 10:24:04 pm

One of my favourites. Although I'm biased when it comes to yellow and blue race cars.

Only Ferrari left now.

The Alfa Romeo testing livery, if that's what it is, was lush.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,251 posts | 1824 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4695: Feb 15, 2019 01:17:31 pm
      Ferrari

Matt paint work is a feature for 2019
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,441 posts | 4839 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4696: Feb 15, 2019 08:28:03 pm
      Ferrari

Matt paint work is a feature for 2019

Will it topple Mercedes? That is the question!
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,251 posts | 1824 
      Reply #4697: Feb 15, 2019 08:42:15 pm
      Will it topple Mercedes? That is the question!

Well, as F1 is now fully on PPV apart from the British GP, sadly I don't really care. I may watch the highlights.

But seriously, I think this will depend on who can bend the rules long enough before getting caught. Mercedes seem to be very good at this, and catching others.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4698: Feb 15, 2019 08:49:39 pm
      Well, as F1 is now fully on PPV apart from the British GP, sadly I don't really care. I may watch the highlights.

But seriously, I think this will depend on who can bend the rules long enough before getting caught. Mercedes seem to be very good at this, and catching others.

Sh*t,you've just reminded me of that RP.

Highlights for me as well then.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,358 posts | 2491 
      Reply #4699: Feb 15, 2019 09:12:24 pm

Sky lost the rights?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,441 posts | 4839 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4700: Feb 15, 2019 09:25:29 pm

Internet streaming for me.

The thought of paying £40 a month for Sky (just to watch 2 races, the quality of which is never guaranteed in f1) is a desperate situation. It's sad to see people like Martin Brundle milking it on Sky now and promoting their grubby work all for a few hundred thousand viewers when back in the day he was broadcasting to millions upon millions of us is sad.

It arguably stops becoming a mainstream sport just like Sky did for cricket.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,251 posts | 1824 
      Reply #4701: Feb 15, 2019 10:08:18 pm

Sky's PPV. We're on about free to air.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,442 posts | 2247 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4702: Feb 16, 2019 12:05:19 am

Mercedes bent the rules long enough last season to leap frog Ferrari,
      and then the pressure on Ferrari did the rest.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,404 posts | 438 
      Reply #4703: Feb 17, 2019 12:55:27 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Internet streaming for me.

The thought of paying £40 a month for Sky (just to watch 2 races, the quality of which is never guaranteed in f1) is a desperate situation. It's sad to see people like Martin Brundle milking it on Sky now and promoting their grubby work all for a few hundred thousand viewers when back in the day he was broadcasting to millions upon millions of us is sad.

It arguably stops becoming a mainstream sport just like Sky did for cricket.

I believe that 3 live races per season have to be made available on their non ppv channels. 1 of them will probably be their home race, because it's also available on another network.

These days you get comprehensive coverage of every race weekend of the season, and live interactive services that save you having to listen to Croft. For the next 2 weeks, they cover every test live. Before they arrived, you would get the qualifying session and the race live, with commercial breaks missing the key moments, and then off air asap. There would be no coverage of practice sessions, testing, or anything else. People complain about having to pay a bit for it, but they get what they pay for.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,441 posts | 4839 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4704: Feb 17, 2019 09:09:00 pm
      I believe that 3 live races per season have to be made available on their non ppv channels. 1 of them will probably be their home race, because it's also available on another network.

These days you get comprehensive coverage of every race weekend of the season, and live interactive services that save you having to listen to Croft. For the next 2 weeks, they cover every test live. Before they arrived, you would get the qualifying session and the race live, with commercial breaks missing the key moments, and then off air asap. There would be no coverage of practice sessions, testing, or anything else. People complain about having to pay a bit for it, but they get what they pay for.

We got everything free (all practice sessions, quali, race) on the BBC with no ad breaks.

You're quite frankly an idiot if you're paying that money for 20 odd races a year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,226 posts | 519 
      Reply #4705: Feb 17, 2019 09:43:43 pm

We got everything free (all practice sessions, quali, race) on the BBC with no ad breaks.

You're quite frankly an idiot if you're paying that money for 20 odd races a year.

I want VAR ruling   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,404 posts | 438 
      Reply #4706: Feb 18, 2019 06:20:08 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

Except you're not paying it for just 20 odd races a year. You're getting F1 coverage every day of the year, and all the support races/categories live, (along with all the other sports they cover) That's how Leclerc and Norris and Russell to name a few, got their foot into F1. It's thorough and comprehensive coverage, and compared to what was available before they got the rights, it's the difference between night and day.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4707: Feb 18, 2019 06:21:08 pm
      Except you're not paying it for just 20 odd races a year. You're getting F1 coverage every day of the year, and all the support races/categories live, (along with all the other sports they cover) That's how Leclerc and Norris and Russell to name a few, got their foot into F1. It's thorough and comprehensive coverage, and compared to what was available before they got the rights, it's the difference between night and day.

That may well be but some of us simply can't justify the extra cost mate even if you get that comprehensive coverage.

I love F1 and motorsport in general but simply cannot justify paying to watch it with all the other expenses we have in the house.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,518 posts | 3141 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4708: Feb 18, 2019 07:12:35 pm

If there’s one word McLaren shouldn’t be using, it’s “Contender”, I’m expecting another pathetic season from them, only difference now is that they won’t have Alonso getting them semi respectable finishes.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,562 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4709: Feb 18, 2019 07:26:53 pm
      If there’s one word McLaren shouldn’t be using, it’s “Contender”, I’m expecting another pathetic season from them, only difference now is that they won’t have Alonso getting them semi respectable finishes.

Yea, if that car hasn't improved massively on last year McLaren are going to struggle I feel.

Quick Reply