Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1

Read 572366 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4899: Nov 05, 2019 05:31:38 pm
      Nothing to do with it. It's because he has no serious rivals, as he has the best car driving on sanitised race tracks. Therefore people are more bored than excited at his achievements. It was the same when Schumacher was cleaning up every record going, people didn't tune in to watch him do it, they switched off. And that wasn't on Sky.

By contrast, the best and most respected drivers are the ones who achieved their success in much more unreliable cars, on proper race tracks, against serious competition from rival teams. Legends like Prost and Senna got the best out of each other. Schumacher had several rivals from other teams to compete against. And if something went wrong on the track, chances are it would be serious. That's not the case now.

No serious rivals?? So in the last 8 years where he's basically dominated the sport the likes of his team mates who were driving the same car which include the likes of Alonso, Bottas, and Rosberg what's their excuse for not getting what Hammy gets out of the car??

You're seriously deluded if you can't see the quality Hammy brings to any team. Put him in a Ferrari and you'll see same results. You forget when the likes of Schumacher, Senna & Prost strut there stuff the cars were slower than what they are today. Hammy has less DNF coz he's master at working what's best for the car. It's called feel!, something that you've probably never heard of given the bullsh!t you continue to write.

Some of the passed greats you mention which incidentally still not as good as Hamilton were involved in many bust ups  on and off the track, something which Hamilton never does.  He's awareness for keeping out of trouble second to none that I've ever seen race.

Your posting on this thread just reminds me of the bullsh!t you write on VAR. For this reason I've decided I don't want to read your drivel anymore  as your just a spoiler alert.

I've now blocked myself from reading your crap.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4900: Nov 05, 2019 06:52:43 pm
      No serious rivals?? So in the last 8 years where he's basically dominated the sport the likes of his team mates who were driving the same car which include the likes of Alonso, Bottas, and Rosberg what's their excuse for not getting what Hammy gets out of the car??

You're seriously deluded if you can't see the quality Hammy brings to any team. Put him in a Ferrari and you'll see same results. You forget when the likes of Schumacher, Senna & Prost strut there stuff the cars were slower than what they are today. Hammy has less DNF coz he's master at working what's best for the car. It's called feel!, something that you've probably never heard of given the bullsh!t you continue to write.

Some of the passed greats you mention which incidentally still not as good as Hamilton were involved in many bust ups  on and off the track, something which Hamilton never does.  He's awareness for keeping out of trouble second to none that I've ever seen race.

Your posting on this thread just reminds me of the bullsh!t you write on VAR. For this reason I've decided I don't want to read your drivel anymore  as your just a spoiler alert.

I've now blocked myself from reading your crap.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

As well as the fact that he went toe to toe with Seb Vettel in 2017 and 2018. But yeah...no real rivals.

What a f**king idiot he is! :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4901: Nov 06, 2019 08:44:54 pm
      Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton? Take your pick!

For me the beauty is that all 3 have talents unique to themselves.

Race craft? Heavens above - Hamilton may just have the finest racecraft of any F1 driver in history. No one, in my lifetime, has balanced aggression and made it look so clean and fair better than Lewis. Cast your mind back to Bahrain 2014. Possibly the finest display of defensive driving I have ever seen from an f1 driver. Against the fresh rubbered car of Nico Rosberg, Lewis showed his superiority in a sensational display of car placement and long term thinking. Nico may have bettered him in 2016 (using a mixture of good fortune and his own raw speed to clinch that particular title) but no event better displayed the gap in quality between Lewis and Nico better than Bahrain 2014. He balances the head with the heart. His driving is of something that is supreme intelligence but that intelligence is informed by his soul - a soul that has an undying love of driving, something that no other driver around him has.

In terms of team dedication and commitment no man has ever displayed that better in my life than Michael Schumacher. He was my idol growing up (and continues to be in many ways!) so naturally I will always put him number 1 but looking back on his career, particularly his Ferrari career from 1996-2006, I will always be struck by how he gelled the team around him. How his dedication to be on first name terms with everyone who wore the prancing horse crest, his obsession with the technical details, that instinctive flick into the corner at the last possible moment...a moment when 99% of other drivers would have believed to have been gone. It's that relentlessness in commitment to the men and women around him, that bravery and trust with the machine he handles on the tarmac that makes his mind boggling displays such as in Spain 1996, Hungary 1998, Monaco 1997 or Brazil 2006 that little bit more understandable. Many mistook his cold exterior for something other than soul. But in his cranial brilliance he exemplified the best of the sport.

But where there's cranial brilliance you can balance that out with soulful brilliance. And of course when it comes to soul, charisma and engima, the display of racing in it's purest form, how can anyone overlook Ayrton Senna? I may have been too young to remember the years of his glory on the racetrack but the evidence is there on the gritty interfered on board footage that has become a favourite of mine on Youtube. Senna dancing round the streets of Monaco? Like Jacob wrestling with God. It is poetic and parabolic beauty that is unmatched. You believe people when they say he was the greatest.

For me, it's just a pleasure to have lived through a period of f1 where Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton defined the sport. Who else will join them in future? Frankly, with those three...who cares?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #4902: Nov 09, 2019 08:52:41 pm
      Quote from racerx34
      Ferrari had 9 poles this season and only won 3 races.
      Shooting themselves in the foot has been F1's biggest problem this season.

Hamilton & Mercedes have raised their game to meet the challenge of Ferrari & arguably had their best season as a result.

I expect us to see better, closer, racing in 2021 when the new rules undo some of the damage caused by chasing ultimate laptimes over improving racing.

Probably the best race I have seen was the Monaco GP in 96. The polesitter was one of 6 retirements on Lap 1, there were 3 changes of leader, 4 finishers, the winner started 14th and had a spin, yet still won the race. The Monaco GP this year had 1 retirement, and the polesitter won a processional race. Same track, big difference.

Hamilton won his first title with an uncompetitive teammate from Finland, and his last three with another uncompetitive teammate from Finland. Nobody seems to have heard of Kovaleinen after 2008, while Bottas is the ideal No. 2, who seems quite happy to trundle home 20 seconds behind Hamilton.

Mercedes and their drivers have won the last 6 championships, and this year, they  were done and dusted 3 or 4 months ago. I know their fans think the one horse race every year is wonderful, but to everyone else, it's as exciting as watching PSG/Barcelona/Juventus winning their league by 20 points again. The governing body recognise how dull the competition is, and are overhauling the rules again. It's always their answer when one team and/or driver totally dominates the field.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4903: Nov 11, 2019 10:09:48 am
      Probably the best race I have seen was the Monaco GP in 96. The polesitter was one of 6 retirements on Lap 1, there were 3 changes of leader, 4 finishers, the winner started 14th and had a spin, yet still won the race. The Monaco GP this year had 1 retirement, and the polesitter won a processional race. Same track, big difference.

Hamilton won his first title with an uncompetitive teammate from Finland, and his last three with another uncompetitive teammate from Finland. Nobody seems to have heard of Kovaleinen after 2008, while Bottas is the ideal No. 2, who seems quite happy to trundle home 20 seconds behind Hamilton.

Mercedes and their drivers have won the last 6 championships, and this year, they  were done and dusted 3 or 4 months ago. I know their fans think the one horse race every year is wonderful, but to everyone else, it's as exciting as watching PSG/Barcelona/Juventus winning their league by 20 points again. The governing body recognise how dull the competition is, and are overhauling the rules again. It's always their answer when one team and/or driver totally dominates the field.

Mercedes are arguably as good at getting rivals loop holes closed as they are at building a car.

Favourite races for me probably Donington 93, Spa 98, Canada 2011.
      Amazing what some rain can do.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4904: Nov 18, 2019 06:31:16 pm
      Great to see Sainz get his first ever podium in f1 even if it was as a result of the Hamilton penalty (but rules are rules). Like Sainz Snr he is a class act and much underrated I feel!

And of course, McLaren's first podium since Australia 2014. A criminally long time for such a prestige sporting outfit to find themselves away for the podium.

Onwards and upwards for McLaren hopefully. Hope they're ploughing all their efforts into the 2021 regulations.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4905: Nov 18, 2019 06:44:49 pm
      Great to see Sainz get his first ever podium in f1 even if it was as a result of the Hamilton penalty (but rules are rules). Like Sainz Snr he is a class act and much underrated I feel!

And of course, McLaren's first podium since Australia 2014. A criminally long time for such a prestige sporting outfit to find themselves away for the podium.

Onwards and upwards for McLaren hopefully. Hope they're ploughing all their efforts into the 2021 regulations.

McLaren must be kicking themselves looking at how Honda are powering the RedBull & Toro Rosso teams.. 😡

Although a podium for Sainz was welcomed but at the cost Albon through Hamilton’s mistake & one I think is a future world champion..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4906: Nov 19, 2019 03:34:55 pm
      McLaren must be kicking themselves looking at how Honda are powering the RedBull & Toro Rosso teams.. 😡

Although a podium for Sainz was welcomed but at the cost Albon through Hamilton’s mistake & one I think is a future world champion..

Absolutely devastating for Albon.
      He had been outscoring Max, since he arrived at Red Bull.
      Honda 1-2-3 would have been phenomenal.

That said, I immediately thought it was risky when Albon left a gap there.
      What. A. Race.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4907: Apr 04, 2020 09:19:59 pm
      1996 Monaco GP is on YouTube, the full race. Murray Walker and all, cars look weird with the drivers head popping out of the cockpit.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4908: May 14, 2020 03:00:37 am
      Bro ? You Dead ?

https://youtu.be/Gk5Nw0OpT9A

My fav machine which nudges everything else out of the way for me.

Its also the current F1 Safety Car  .

A little bird on this forum knows which car I've got.
      No not this one ..... I do wish.
      But ... you would be getting warm.

After all the medical stuff and more I've walked through just to see a golden sky... and put my foot down  ;D

I feel the need the need for ....
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2020 01:42:27 pm by MIRO »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4909: May 15, 2020 12:01:49 pm
      Bro ? You Dead ?

https://youtu.be/Gk5Nw0OpT9A

My fav machine which nudges everything else out of the way for me.

Its also the current F1 Safety Car  .

A little bird on this forum knows which car I've got.
      No not this one ..... I do wish.
      But ... you would be getting warm.

After all the medical stuff and more I've walked through just to see a golden sky... and put my foot down  ;D

I feel the need the need for ....

It's a beast of a machine alright.

Hot Laps are always a great way to get a reaction out of guests.
      Used to love it.

On another note:

Sainz to Ferrari.
      Ricciardo to McLaren.

Now does Vettel retire and if so who goes to Renault?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4910: May 17, 2020 08:43:52 pm
      It's a beast of a machine alright.

Hot Laps are always a great way to get a reaction out of guests.
      Used to love it.

On another note:

Sainz to Ferrari.
      Ricciardo to McLaren.

Now does Vettel retire and if so who goes to Renault?

Latest today ....could Vettel take over from Bottas /
      BBC Sport .

Personally I think hes lost it .  The only two drivers out there that would be Mercedes AMG standard are Leclerc and Verstappen.

However can you imagine any of the three above following team orders behind Lewis ?

Me no think so .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4911: May 18, 2020 08:37:00 pm
      Latest today ....could Vettel take over from Bottas /
      BBC Sport .

Personally I think hes lost it .

Agreed. Time for him to call it a day IMO, Hamilton mentally ruined him and some of the decisions Vettel was making in the last year or two have been nothing short of bizarre or wreckless. He had it his way for so long and when Hamilton started winning again, he just couldn't handle it and ended up looking like a broken man.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4912: May 18, 2020 10:39:14 pm
      OK 
      Self Indulgence.
      On Topic it's still the F1 Safety Car ..  with DCT .  (Auto and Paddles)

(Us Brit Boys always dreamed of being 007 with an Aston  .......  but  now    .......   the world is your lobster !)

The Dogs Balearics  V  The Cats Pyjamas.

https://youtu.be/X89vFH-UQSg
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2020 09:36:31 am by MIRO »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4913: May 18, 2020 11:15:29 pm
      Agreed. Time for him to call it a day IMO, Hamilton mentally ruined him and some of the decisions Vettel was making in the last year or two have been nothing short of bizarre or wreckless. He had it his way for so long and when Hamilton started winning again, he just couldn't handle it and ended up looking like a broken man.

I too cant  see Vettel racing again KK. Time for him to hang his gloves up. Pretty sure Hammy more than happy with Bottas as he's no real threat to him really. Any team Vettel could go to would be a down grade apart from Mercedes.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4914: May 18, 2020 11:57:23 pm
      I’m of the opinion that Vettel will rediscover his old self now that he has been released from the shackles of Ferrari... Ferrari now have two young drivers who they can mould and dictate to..

If I were Toto Wolff I would invest in Vettel at Mercedes.. it will also keep Lewis focused...

Imagine having 2 drivers with 10 F1 titles between them..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4915: May 19, 2020 01:30:52 am
      If I were Toto Wolff I would invest in Vettel at Mercedes.. it will also keep Lewis focused...

Recipe for disaster. Hamilton can't be in a team where he is genuinely having to compete with someone and the team will lean towards Hamilton because he's the main man in F1, so that won't go down well with Vettel. Hamilton had a rocky relationship with Alonso, kovalainen and he doesn't exactly seem pleased if Bottas is ever ahead of him at any point. Hamilton and Vettel in the same team would be a complete disaster from day 1.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4916: May 19, 2020 01:43:33 am
      Recipe for disaster. Hamilton can't be in a team where he is genuinely having to compete with someone and the team will lean towards Hamilton because he's the main man in F1, so that won't go down well with Vettel. Hamilton had a rocky relationship with Alonso, kovalainen and he doesn't exactly seem pleased if Bottas is ever ahead of him at any point. Hamilton and Vettel in the same team would be a complete disaster from day 1.

Hamilton had to compete with Rosberg who pushed Lewis all the way... Vettel does not much credit for carrying Ferrari past years.. they screwed him like Alonso with a poor car..

German driver who happens to be a 4x F1 champion, joins a German team that has won all the titles of the turbo-hybrid era..no brainer...Lewis has not committed beyond next season..Merc hold all the cards..& it would be poor planning if Vettel was not considered..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4917: May 19, 2020 10:42:59 am
      I’m of the opinion that Vettel will rediscover his old self now that he has been released from the shackles of Ferrari... Ferrari now have two young drivers who they can mould and dictate to..

Really Shabs?
      Be fantastic if it does happen but can't see it. Pretty show despite what's said in press Hammy dictates presently who joins Mercedes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4918: May 19, 2020 10:45:07 am

I'm of the same opinion KK. As a fan though wouldn't it be exciting to see them go head to head.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4919: May 19, 2020 12:40:13 pm
      Some might say ...... OK  ........well what about Aston's top banana  ....  the £220k   Superleggera ?

https://youtu.be/FtpAYCPGbAQ

...  and the Aston jumped the flag

I rest my case m'lud.
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2020 12:48:18 pm by MIRO »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #4920: May 19, 2020 08:59:50 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7

As a team, Red Bull suited him. Ferrari was a culture shock which he never adjusted to. Politically, mentally, emotionally, Ferrari is in a different league to Red Bull, even Mercedes. He put up with it when he was the No. 1 driver and Raikkonen never challenged him. Compared to Leclerc, he's slow, error strewn, and yesterdays man. So he's off.

What is a surprise is who his replacement is. I expected them to go after Verstappen and make him an offer too good to turn down. Failing that, they could have promoted Mick Schumacher from their own books, cost them nothing, and generated a heap of PR. Instead, they've gone for a slow coach that has done nothing in his career. Sainz is useful for the Constructors Championship, not a serious contender to puncture the Hamilton wheel.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4921: May 19, 2020 10:21:56 pm
      Didnt know where to post it .....

Lads back training today.

Virgil  Black Mercedes AMG   G Wagen

Fab    Black Mercedes AMG   G Wagen

Bobby         Mercedes AMG   G Wagen   White

The boys have class.