Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Formula 1

Read 576897 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5014: Nov 15, 2020 11:56:29 am
      For  you Hamilton doubters you've just witnessed why he's the greatest of all time. What excuses can you give the others now? The feel he gets in his tyres compared to other drivers  second to none.

We know Verstappen got similar pace if they were in the same car but as we've seen time and time again with Verstappen he loses patience.

LEWIS HAMILTON WORLD CHAMPION FOR A 7th TIME AND BECOMES THE MOST SUCCESSFUL DRIVER OF ALL TIME. TAKE A BOW SON. :clap: :clap: :clap: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5015: Nov 15, 2020 11:59:04 am
      Perez will become No2 at Red Bull
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5016: Nov 15, 2020 12:00:06 pm
      I don't mind admitting this but got tears in my eyes  :f_wah: ;D ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5017: Nov 15, 2020 02:22:29 pm
      Very very impressive by Lewis Hamilton, I don't like the guy but you have to respect this achievement, he now sits in the same echelon as the other greats of F1.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5018: Nov 15, 2020 02:32:19 pm
      Very very impressive by Lewis Hamilton, I don't like the guy but you have to respect this achievement, he now sits in the same echelon as the other greats of F1.

Nice to see you finally put him in the bracket Heimy. Considering he wasn't in the fastest car today it was arguably one of his best race achievements for me. His management skills on those tyres simply awesome.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5019: Nov 15, 2020 02:58:05 pm
      Mercedes-AMG     Lewis Hamilton        What a  team

7 UP.  More to come.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5020: Nov 15, 2020 05:56:27 pm
      Awesome! Simply awesome!

What a race by Lewis. He just sat there and waited for the race to come to him, kept it in a straight line when others were flailing. How he just drove away there in the last part of the race... wow! Can't think of a better way for him to win number 7. Supreme. Now, who's up for number 8 next year??!

And so lovely to see his old rival Vettel up there on the podium with him as well. Thought Seb drove a faultless race as well.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2020 06:12:58 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #5021: Nov 15, 2020 08:42:31 pm
      It's been a grim year but I've found a lot of refuge in F1 this year. The re-introduction of tracks like the Nurburgring, Imola and the new but refreshing spectacle of Mugello has really given something fresh yet vintage to this strange year. Those tracks were another keen reminder of just how beautiful and thrilling it is to see F1 cars racing around traditional, green European tracks and not the tarmac glazed hells of the modern Tilke type track.

Like yourself, the dominance of Mercedes certainly takes something away from the sport. Their dominance is so supreme, it makes the Ferrari team of the 00s look like a struggle in comparison (on a technical level, I feel the sport felt a lot more equal back then)! As fascinating as the turbo hybrid formula has been since it was introduced in 2014, it has killed competition at the top. I have a lot of faith in Ross Brawn's new regulations for the sport in 2022 so that's going to be a big big year I feel but we'll wait and see on that one.

All this doesn't take anything away from Lewis though - his (soon to be) 7 world titles are absolutely deserved and he's the only man post Schumacher who could have done this. That he has maintained that hunger and speed when he could so easily taken it easy is a mark of the man. I can't think of a British sporting great who was so far ahead of the game in such a physically and mentally demanding sport. The greatest British sportsman? Probably.

For  you Hamilton doubters you've just witnessed why he's the greatest of all time. What excuses can you give the others now? The feel he gets in his tyres compared to other drivers  second to none.

We know Verstappen got similar pace if they were in the same car but as we've seen time and time again with Verstappen he loses patience.

LEWIS HAMILTON WORLD CHAMPION FOR A 7th TIME AND BECOMES THE MOST SUCCESSFUL DRIVER OF ALL TIME. TAKE A BOW SON. :clap: :clap: :clap: :champ: :champ: :champ:

Really want to get back into! fair play for Hamilton too.. was it a close season then or was he laps ahead?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5022: Nov 15, 2020 09:31:29 pm
      Really want to get back into! fair play for Hamilton too.. was it a close season then or was he laps ahead?

No not really, he's just a class above everyone else, Bottas in same car but couldn't get near him. Hammy lapped him today.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5023: Nov 15, 2020 10:23:16 pm
      A race worthy of a 7th title.. great tyre management from Lewis.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #5024: Nov 15, 2020 10:44:34 pm
      Some drive today from Lewis.

Congrats to him, thoroughly deserved 7th title.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5025: Nov 16, 2020 05:44:32 am
      It has to be Sir Lewis Hamilton in the Honours List .

Sports Personality Of The Year ... again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5026: Nov 16, 2020 07:56:12 am
      It has to be Sir Lewis Hamilton in the Honours List .

Sports Personality Of The Year ... again.

Sounds a great idea, let's hope your right.  :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5027: Nov 16, 2020 11:28:01 pm
      Just been watching Bahrain GP 2014.

The Dual In The Desert.

Hamilton and Rosberg both for Mercedes going at it .....full on against each other .....the whole race out front.

Adrenaline rush.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5028: Nov 17, 2020 08:47:48 am
      Will Hammy get a knighthood this year or does he have to retire first? I've backed him to win SPOTY
      Kopite78
      Reply #5029: Nov 17, 2020 09:13:53 am
      Will Hammy get a knighthood this year or does he have to retire first? I've backed him to win SPOTY

That will help with his gigantic ego  :tosser:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5030: Nov 17, 2020 09:15:27 am

If he doesn't get SPOTY then it's the final indication that the country is fu**ed! I can't think of a clearer, more deserving winner for years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5031: Nov 17, 2020 11:14:04 am
      That will help with his gigantic ego  :tosser:

It's more to do with what he's done on the track not off it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5032: Nov 17, 2020 11:24:27 am
      The evolution of Hamilton has been something to behold.
      Not only at the peak of his powers on track but now using his platform to give a voice to others.

Whatever you think of his ego, some lazy narrative grasped by people because a black man dared to have confidence,
      Lewis Hamilton is now among the greats of the sport. He was before but now and next season it will be without question.

Those that refuse to see what's in front of them will hold close the "but the car" argument,
      as if Hamilton's career hasn't been almost identical to Schumacher's.

The race at the weekend showed his class. Without question.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5033: Nov 17, 2020 12:26:13 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5034: Nov 17, 2020 12:34:21 pm
      Dont drag it to race with me please, I just think hes a bit of a pr**k, nothing whatsoever so do with the colour of his skin

The colour of someone's skin does not and has never come into anything for me
      If I think someone's a pr**k then it is what it is , nothing to do with his ethnicity

It's not even to do with his ability to drive a car round in circles either, nothing to do with his job or ability, just dont like the fella

Let's forget ( in your words  :D ) he's a pr**k, let's forget you don't like the lad. What's your opinion about him as a driver? Does he deserves his plaudits ? Is he a legend of the sport?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5035: Nov 17, 2020 03:52:04 pm
      Dont drag it to race with me please, I just think hes a bit of a pr**k, nothing whatsoever so do with the colour of his skin

The colour of someone's skin does not and has never come into anything for me
      If I think someone's a pr**k then it is what it is , nothing to do with his ethnicity

It's not even to do with his ability to drive a car round in circles either, nothing to do with his job or ability, just dont like the fella

Yet you have never met him but you think Lewis is a pr**k..? Bizarre that..

Have you based your dislike of Lewis via what you have read in the media ..?
      Kopite78
      Reply #5036: Nov 17, 2020 03:55:13 pm

Yet you have never met him but you think Lewis is a pr**k..? Bizarre that..

Have you based your dislike of Lewis via what you have read in the media ..?

You dont have personalities that you haven't met that you arent keen on?
      I know that's not true Shabs having seen you on here for years

You dont have to meet someone to have an opinion on them. You like every footballer? Every politician? Every musician?

Just something I dont likeabout him, not big deal is it?

Quick Reply