Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1

Read 572254 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5175: Apr 16, 2021 07:16:56 pm
      The more I watch Lando Norris the more excited I get. To think he's still couple of years behind Verstappen (23) & Norris (21) I just can't help thinking what his improvement will be like this year.

I don't know about you but I get the sense he's a little underrated in many circles. As both of us agreed, we'd put him higher than Russell but I feel the latter, even before his drive for Merc at the end of last year, is talked about more.

Maybe it's because George has a clearer pathway to the top with Mercedes? It seems inevitable he'll go there. With all due respect to McLaren, they've still got a long way to go to reach the heights of the top 2 and Lando's route to a top seat is less obvious. (It's that or McLaren absolutely smash it out of the park and return to winning ways when the new regulations come into play next year). At the moment he simply he's going to have to continue driving the wheels off that McLaren and beat Ricciardo. But he can do it. When he does, the top teams cannot ignore him. In time, I wouldn't bet against an all British lineup at Mercedes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5176: Apr 16, 2021 08:10:35 pm
      I don't know about you but I get the sense he's a little underrated in many circles. As both of us agreed, we'd put him higher than Russell but I feel the latter, even before his drive for Merc at the end of last year, is talked about more.

Maybe it's because George has a clearer pathway to the top with Mercedes? It seems inevitable he'll go there. With all due respect to McLaren, they've still got a long way to go to reach the heights of the top 2 and Lando's route to a top seat is less obvious. (It's that or McLaren absolutely smash it out of the park and return to winning ways when the new regulations come into play next year). At the moment he simply he's going to have to continue driving the wheels off that McLaren and beat Ricciardo. But he can do it. When he does, the top teams cannot ignore him. In time, I wouldn't bet against an all British lineup at Mercedes.

Agree.

I love him and for me has everything to be a top driver.

I think Ricciardo is going to have a tougher season than he thought trying to our quality and finish above Lando consistently.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5177: Apr 16, 2021 09:15:06 pm

Your post  is pretty much spot on, some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouths (( so to speak )) and just seem to be in the right got place at the right time and this definitely applies to Russell.

When Russell set tongues wagging with that outstanding ride replacing Hammy last year the whole of social media lit up and was talk of the town for weeks. It just garunteed he would be the next Merc driver. It really is a pity as heads up I'm still convinced Lando would beat him in the same car, bit like Hammy & Bottas.

Certainly hope your right with a prediction of the English lads in a Merc.  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5178: Apr 17, 2021 02:17:12 pm
      Lando Norris take a bow son  ;D He may of had his lap deleted but purple sectors in a McLaren. What a season we're in for. F**k Russell off and put Lando in Mercs first.   ;D

For me he's making more noises than anyone..... Apart from Hammy of course   ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5179: Apr 17, 2021 06:47:53 pm
      Lando Norris take a bow son  ;D He may of had his lap deleted but purple sectors in a McLaren. What a season we're in for. F**k Russell off and put Lando in Mercs first.   ;D

For me he's making more noises than anyone..... Apart from Hammy of course   ;D

Too right. So cruel that that time was wiped. To hook up a McLaren that is a bit off Mercedes and Red Bull in the way he did this afternoon was fantastic. All the better given just how tricky and intense Imola can be as a race track.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5180: Apr 18, 2021 09:17:37 am
      Missed quali but what a great result for Checo as well.

Surely were seeing the beginning of the end for Valtteri at Merc as well guys?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5181: Apr 18, 2021 09:29:32 am

I'd bet on it if I could Si. The only question is will Hammy stay on along with Russell.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5182: Apr 18, 2021 12:47:50 pm
      Missed quali but what a great result for Checo as well.

Yeah! Half a second behind Lewis... OK that's happened hundreds of times to Hamiltons team mates in the past. But when you realise that those 5 tenths sees him in the midfield it's stark. Truth be told, I think Valtarri needs to win the championship this year if he's to have a chance of staying put. That's very unlikely.

Also goes to show - half a second separating the first half of the field. Bloody good that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5183: Apr 18, 2021 01:47:47 pm
      Oh a bit of rain... rubbing my hands...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5184: Apr 18, 2021 01:59:31 pm
      Oh a bit of rain... rubbing my hands...

We know Hammy in the rain, no one better  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5185: Apr 18, 2021 02:00:57 pm
      We know Hammy in the rain, no one better  ;D

I love him, Keith... cool as ice is Lewis...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5186: Apr 18, 2021 02:03:32 pm
      Leclerc off already on the formation lap.. 😳
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5187: Apr 18, 2021 02:16:08 pm
      I love him, Keith... cool as ice is Lewis...

Me and my big mouth  :f_doh: Fair play to Verstappen though, caught Lewis napping which is unusual
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5188: Apr 18, 2021 02:17:47 pm
      Me and my big mouth  :f_doh: Fair play to Verstappen though, caught Lewis napping which is unusual

Lewis will reign him in..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5189: Apr 18, 2021 02:19:05 pm

Got damage to his car  :roll: Hopefully right though
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5190: Apr 18, 2021 02:35:51 pm
      Poor by McLaren. They should have let Norris go much earlier than that, when they were still in sight of Perez up ahead.

As Keith said, it was rare to see Lewis not spot Max off the start grid. Too focused on Sergio. Very rare indeed!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5191: Apr 18, 2021 02:36:27 pm
      WOW WOW WOW Ricardo move over Lando faster than you  :lmao: Go on Lando  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5192: Apr 18, 2021 02:42:19 pm
      Have to say - Leclerc doing a phenomenal job once again in that Ferrari. A podium for Ferrari here would be a stunning result
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5193: Apr 18, 2021 02:47:49 pm
      Ooh, Lewis starting to make a move on these slicky inters now. He's such a shape shifting genius on these tyres!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5194: Apr 18, 2021 02:51:42 pm
      F***ing pits cost him lead.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5195: Apr 18, 2021 02:56:00 pm
      F**k sake very rare mistake by Hammy
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5196: Apr 18, 2021 02:56:08 pm
      FUUUUUCK!! Those F***ing lapped cars!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5197: Apr 18, 2021 02:59:22 pm
      Oh my word!!! Russell and Bottas sending their teams a bill for millions on that one!

Quick Reply