Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Formula 1

Read 577259 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5198: Apr 18, 2021 03:00:43 pm
      F**k sake very rare mistake by Hammy

Very forgivable. Had to go on the wet part of the track to lap. A real shame. He was showing some great pace despite the front wing damage throughout
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5199: Apr 18, 2021 03:00:49 pm
      Oh my word!!! Russell and Bottas sending their teams a bill for millions on that one!

Looks like both blaming each other too  ;D Can't wait to see that one again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5200: Apr 18, 2021 03:11:10 pm
      Looks like both blaming each other too  ;D Can't wait to see that one again.

It was Russell who got in the way of Lewis when he slid off as well...awkward
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5201: Apr 18, 2021 03:18:46 pm
      It was Russell who got in the way of Lewis when he slid off as well...awkward

Yeah lapped cars as you stated.  :f_wah:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5202: Apr 18, 2021 03:19:37 pm
      Kimi got a prime seat when viewing that crash. If anything it looks like it was more on Bottas that. Then again, Russell is on the wet as well. Racing incident let's say

Not a fan of Russell's reaction on Bottas though. Valtarri is sitting next there fairly winded and has to put up with that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5203: Apr 18, 2021 03:32:33 pm

Not a fan of Russell's reaction on Bottas though. Valtarri is sitting next there fairly winded and has to put up with that.

Wouldn't it be nice if this incident put Lando in front of Russell in the pecking order for next years seat.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5204: Apr 18, 2021 03:38:39 pm
      Really unsure about this soft tyre strategy from McLaren.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5205: Apr 18, 2021 03:39:09 pm
      Wouldn't it be nice if this incident put Lando in front of Russell in the pecking order for next years seat.

:lmao: After all we've said as well!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5206: Apr 18, 2021 03:43:29 pm
      Hammy and Lando to fight it out for 2nd? You couldn't make this up.   ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5207: Apr 18, 2021 03:46:17 pm
      Hammy and Lando to fight it out for 2nd? You couldn't make this up.   ;D

Still uncomfortable about the McLaren soft strategy. I fear Lando may be a sitting duck for the Ferraris before too long. Hopefully not
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5208: Apr 18, 2021 03:56:47 pm
      Still uncomfortable about the McLaren soft strategy. I fear Lando may be a sitting duck for the Ferraris before too long. Hopefully not

Lando looking good for 3rd.   :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5209: Apr 18, 2021 04:04:02 pm
      Superb recovery by Lewis. Great defensive driving from Lando to keep him behind for those few laps
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5210: Apr 18, 2021 04:11:05 pm
      Yeaaah! Get in Lando - phenomenal result, driver of the day by far.

Max - perfect. So well deserved. Lewis, wonderful recovery to second. Showed he's got the speed in clear air to challenge that Red Bull in pure pace. Fastest lap, leads the championship by a point. Didn't look like that when he was staring the tyre barrier in the face for half a minute!!!

What a start to this season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5211: Apr 18, 2021 07:14:59 pm
      BTW - I'm so glad my fears of the soft tyres running out were totally unfounded. It was at the end of the day, an excellent call by McLaren and Lando took full advantage of their extra grip at the restart
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #5212: Apr 18, 2021 08:22:10 pm
      BTW - I'm so glad my fears of the soft tyres running out were totally unfounded. It was at the end of the day, an excellent call by McLaren and Lando took full advantage of their extra grip at the restart

Fantastic drive from Lando.

Missed the race live just just finished the Ch4 show there.

Really enjoyed that one and hopefully Max and Lewis will trade blows all season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #5213: Apr 18, 2021 08:59:49 pm
      Kimi got a prime seat when viewing that crash. If anything it looks like it was more on Bottas that. Then again, Russell is on the wet as well. Racing incident let's say

Poor reaction from Russell but I'm also not a fan of what Toto apparently said afterwards. Something along the lines of Russell shouldn't be trying to pass as it was a Merc.

I know he's  on their program but until he's in that car he should be passing whoever he wants and if Toto doesn't want him scrapping with the Mercedes cars our him in the car already.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5214: Apr 18, 2021 09:11:27 pm
      Fantastic drive from Lando.

Missed the race live just just finished the Ch4 show there.

Really enjoyed that one and hopefully Max and Lewis will trade blows all season.

Not keen on the new  commentator and one of the presenters on C4. Below par performance from both of them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #5215: Apr 18, 2021 09:32:12 pm
      Not keen on the new  commentator and one of the presenters on C4. Below par performance from both of them.

Yea not great additions mate and for me I've always enjoyed Ch4 coverage with Steve Jones, DC and Webber. Don't think Webber has been in this season?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5216: Apr 18, 2021 09:46:33 pm
      Yea not great additions mate and for me I've always enjoyed Ch4 coverage with Steve Jones, DC and Webber. Don't think Webber has been in this season?

I always watch live on sky sports but also like you  enjoy listening to Coultard, Jones & Webber on C4. I fear numbers will drop. Who's the new presenter ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #5217: Apr 18, 2021 10:08:26 pm
      I always watch live on sky sports but also like you  enjoy listening to Coultard, Jones & Webber on C4. I fear numbers will drop. Who's the new presenter ?

Steve Jones is still the main guy. The new guys name is Boretto and seems to be a replacement for Billy Monger when he isn't there as Monger is still on the presenting team list.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5218: Apr 18, 2021 10:23:28 pm
      Steve Jones is still the main guy. The new guys name is Boretto and seems to be a replacement for Billy Monger when he isn't there as Monger is still on the presenting team list.

Boretto? Never heard of him, has he any background or experience in F1. Presumably he has but must be very little. First I've heard of him. He's about as good as Evra is as a new pundit for sky sports.... F***ing sh*te.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,048 posts | 2099 
      Reply #5219: Apr 18, 2021 10:28:15 pm

It's a shame that Ben Edwards stepped away at the end of last season. For me, aside from Murray, he, along with James Allen was the best commentator that we've had. So knowledgeable and a great voice with a lasting presence across many motorsports.

New guy is Alex Jacques. Think he commentated on F2 previously and did other work for the official F1 feed. He's done OK for me from what I've heard.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,974 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5220: Apr 18, 2021 10:32:20 pm
      It's a shame that Ben Edwards stepped away at the end of last season. For me, aside from Murray, he, along with James Allen was the best commentator that we've had. So knowledgeable and a great voice with a lasting presence across many motorsports.

New guy is Alex Jacques. Think he commentated on F2 previously and did other work for the official F1 feed. He's done OK for me from what I've heard.

It's still a downgrade on Ben Edwards though mate. I find myself waiting for him to hit the high notes that Ben did but it's not happening. Have you heard of Boretto?

Quick Reply