Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Formula 1

Read 577269 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2100 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5336: Jun 28, 2021 11:46:56 am
      Answer…RedBull rear wing …

Even worse. Just read that Mercedes have more or less shifted full attention to next year's car meaning next to no development on this year's car.

I think they owe it to us to fight this one until the very end. It'd be gut wrenching if Max and RB were allowed to saunter away with it from this point on.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5337: Jun 28, 2021 12:17:31 pm
      Even worse. Just read that Mercedes have more or less shifted full attention to next year's car meaning next to no development on this year's car.

I think they owe it to us to fight this one until the very end. It'd be gut wrenching if Max and RB were allowed to saunter away with it from this point on.

I think Merc stopped car development last season as they were that far ahead of all teams, RedBull have an advantage on the straights with their rear flexi wing, remember when Ferrari last season started do dominant until they had to remove the oil burn & fuel flow components from the engine which they did & now look at their performances...

RedBull have had an almost 30 second swing in favour, last year, same circuit RedBull finished a 13 s3vonds behind Lewis Merc...

I think Merc 2nd half will outperform RedBull & I still see Lewis at the WC...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5338: Jun 29, 2021 12:21:56 pm
      Answer…RedBull rear wing …

The cuts to the undertray (sides in front of the rear wheels) have hit those running low rake the worst. (Mercedes and Aston Martin)
      If they can develop that area they will get back to where they were but if not then it's Red Bull's title.
      Max will win the drivers and the arrival of Checo will certainly wrap up the Manaufacturers as Bottas has lost it.
      No putting Russell in the car now seems like a costly mistake by Mercedes in keeping things as they were.
      No doubt better for Hamilton but not better when you suddenly have to deal with an equal or faster car to compete against.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #5339: Jun 29, 2021 01:49:31 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

After 7 years of wins and records and ruthless domination, now they're getting a taste of their own medicine, and it appears they don't like it very much. Bit like the mancs since 2013.

Even if the Mercs are not up to the challenge, you can guarantee Hamilton will be. Whenever he has faced a challenge, he always comes swinging after the summer break to rack up 5-6 wins in a row and crush the Vettels and the Rosbergs and the Bottas of the circuit. As it stands, all he needs is a Verstappen DNF and he's back winning again. Red Bull or more specifically Verstappen have to rack up as big a lead as possible, before Lewis gets a sniff at Zandvoort and Sochi and Suzuka, and Sky then remind us every few minutes where he needs to finish in the next race to win another world title.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5340: Jun 29, 2021 02:54:40 pm
      After 7 years of wins and records and ruthless domination, now they're getting a taste of their own medicine, and it appears they don't like it very much. Bit like the mancs since 2013.

It's all down to the flexi wing it's out of order. Why haven't VAR got involved to throw it out.  :f_whistle:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5341: Jul 03, 2021 03:05:54 pm
      The Mercs need to f**k Russell of and get Norris at all cost. What's he's doing in the McLaren is nothing short of sensational.

I'm  looking forward to Norris as being my No1 when Hammy hangs his boots up. Great qualifying session and obviously Max looking super hot these days. Basically doing what Hammy has done  for the last 7 years.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2100 
      Reply #5342: Jul 04, 2021 02:29:24 pm
      5 second penalty for Norris. And yet even Christian Horner says it was a racing incident.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5343: Jul 04, 2021 02:31:03 pm
      Lap 22 Hammy states Lando such a great driver. Hope that's a hint for him joining  Mercs.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5344: Jul 04, 2021 02:31:29 pm
      5 second penalty for Norris. And yet even Christian Horner says it was a racing incident.

Agreed quite harsh
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5345: Jul 04, 2021 02:41:30 pm
      Agreed.
      However, I find it ridiculous to give the same penalty for slightly crossing a white line (Tsunoda) and ruining an opponent's race (which is what they judged, not how I feel).
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5346: Jul 04, 2021 02:53:20 pm
      Perez doing to Leclerc exactly what Norris did to him... Let's see if the FIA is consistent in its ruling.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2100 
      Reply #5347: Jul 04, 2021 03:09:00 pm
      Phenomenal - Norris is going to take a penalty on pure speed and merit against the Mercs here. He was amazing last season but even better this year.

Lewis's race going away from him. Mercedes are going to have to sort this out quick.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5348: Jul 04, 2021 03:14:48 pm
      Perez doing to Leclerc exactly what Norris did to him... Let's see if the FIA is consistent in its ruling.

Leclerc a F***ing nutter, why do the French have so much arrogance. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5349: Jul 04, 2021 03:15:33 pm
      Phenomenal - Norris is going to take a penalty on pure speed and merit against the Mercs here. He was amazing last season but even better this year.

Lewis's race going away from him. Mercedes are going to have to sort this out quick.

Hope he can catch Bottas, he deserves it.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5350: Jul 04, 2021 03:27:17 pm
      Leclerc a f**king nutter, why do the French have so much arrogance.
      Don't understand how he escaped a penalty last week...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2100 
      Reply #5351: Jul 04, 2021 03:29:43 pm
      Leclerc a f**king nutter, why do the French have so much arrogance.

I love Leclerc!

Great win by Max. So easy. Great scenes from the crowds - so wonderful to see thousands celebrating wildly again. Got to love the hardcore Dutch contingent supporting Max.

Norris - awesome race, awesome weekend.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5352: Jul 04, 2021 03:29:50 pm
      Lando Norris take a bow son.  :clap: :champ:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5353: Jul 04, 2021 03:30:56 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5354: Jul 04, 2021 04:55:30 pm
      Love how Lando applies himself & the way he races… give him the car & he is a world champion..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5355: Jul 04, 2021 05:20:56 pm
      Love how Lando applies himself & the way he races… give him the car & he is a world champion..

It's one of the things I love  about him Shabs, doesn't show the arrogance of the  French driver/s  :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #5356: Jul 05, 2021 12:18:33 am
      Lando is definitely the real deal lads.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5357: Jul 05, 2021 12:26:38 am
      Merc not updating their car season is going to cost them but I guess giving Lewis another 2 year contract would mean they will be more competitive next season…

If I were Totto I’d be looking to acquire Lando.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5358: Jul 05, 2021 08:55:33 am
      Lando is definitely the real deal lads.

Frankly Mr Shankly and myself noticed this a long time ago.  ;D All though it's yet to be proven because Russell in a inferior car we've always said Lando the better driver. Something really needs to be done for the Mercs to get him no matter what contract he's just signed.

Quick Reply