Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Formula 1

Read 577049 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5612: Sep 12, 2021 05:23:48 pm
      Scary stuff...
      I didn't really want the halo at first, but it's fair to say it does what it's supposed to.

https://twitter.com/sophwebsterxx/status/1437063367424974851
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5613: Sep 12, 2021 05:58:53 pm
      Nice to see some justice done anyway. Verstappen gets a 3 grid penalty for Russian GP
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5614: Sep 12, 2021 06:10:07 pm
      Nice to see some justice done anyway. Verstappen gets a 3 grid penalty for Russian GP

Very lucky for Max..  I would have dropped him back of grid..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5615: Sep 12, 2021 06:14:32 pm
      Very lucky for Max..  I would have dropped him back of grid..

I know what you mean, light penalty when you think of the points Hammy could of gained today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5616: Sep 12, 2021 06:21:34 pm

It is light but I'll take it. Thought the FIA would wave it away.

Thoroughly deserved penalty. It's another clash with him - does he get penalty points on his super license? Because he's well overdue them as well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5617: Sep 12, 2021 06:28:17 pm
      It is light but I'll take it. Thought the FIA would wave it away.

Thoroughly deserved penalty. It's another clash with him - does he get penalty points on his super license? Because he's well overdue them as well.

Doesn't say anything about penalty points on his license, mores the pity.

Ps.. When spoiler alerts comes on who knows nothing about F1 send him to the Coventry F1 thread.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5618: Sep 12, 2021 06:42:02 pm
      Doesn't say anything about penalty points on his license, mores the pity.

Ps.. When spoiler alerts comes on who knows nothing about F1 send him to the Coventry F1 thread.  ;D

Don't think he'll be in here for a while - he's still watching replays of his favourite GP of the season in Spa a few weeks. He can't get enough of that classic race.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5619: Sep 12, 2021 06:44:35 pm
      Don't think he'll be in here for a while - he's still watching replays of his favourite GP of the season in Spa a few weeks. He can't get enough of that classic race.  :f_tongueincheek:

Yeah any race Hammy gets beat are fantastic  :lmao:  :f_whistle:

He'll probably come on and say penalty out of order.  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5620: Sep 12, 2021 07:24:40 pm
      I wonder if those blaming Hamilton for celebrating at Silverstone will say anything about Max not even checking whether Lewis was ok after the crash...  :roll: :roll:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5621: Sep 12, 2021 07:34:37 pm
      I wonder if those blaming Hamilton for celebrating at Silverstone will say anything about Max not even checking whether Lewis was ok after the crash...  :roll: :roll:

Horner was pretty quiet on that wasn’t he..?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5622: Sep 12, 2021 08:19:59 pm

Verstappen definitely has a dark side to him doesn't he. Think he gave a glance and just continued walking.  Looks like it's going to turn nasty now as Max does have a temprement problem. His head must of been blowing a fuse when he came out of his slow pit stop.  :lmao:

I really do hope he changes his ways though, needs to take a leaf out of Landos books. Max is slowly losing his like ability  factor with his tantrums.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5623: Sep 12, 2021 08:21:14 pm
      Horner was pretty quiet on that wasn’t he..?

Works by his own rules does baby cry Horner
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5624: Sep 12, 2021 09:09:30 pm
      Works by his own rules does baby cry Horner

I can't stand that team at the moment. Even with their other driver Perez (less said about his weekend the better... again) pissed me off as well. He so clearly gained an advantage against Leclerc but didn't give the position back. Desperately unfair on Leclerc for the rest of the race and the 5 second penalty was peanuts.

All throughout this season, that whingebag of a Sporting Director Jonathan Wheatley is on the blower demanding this sanction and that against their competitors. Yet when they so obviously commit a foul on track, they ignore it.

The arrogance and sense of entitlement about this team stinks. Of course it all stems from the top and that c**t Helmut Marko and his small man sidekick Horner.

I hope their project to take over the running of their own power unit in the coming seasons goes tits up and ruins their competitiveness.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5625: Sep 12, 2021 09:41:00 pm
      I can't stand that team at the moment. Even with their other driver Perez (less said about his weekend the better... again) pissed me off as well. He so clearly gained an advantage against Leclerc but didn't give the position back. Desperately unfair on Leclerc for the rest of the race and the 5 second penalty was peanuts.

All throughout this season, that whingebag of a Sporting Director Jonathan Wheatley is on the blower demanding this sanction and that against their competitors. Yet when they so obviously commit a foul on track, they ignore it.

The arrogance and sense of entitlement about this team stinks. Of course it all stems from the top and that c**t Helmut Marko and his small man sidekick Horner.

I hope their project to take over the running of their own power unit in the coming seasons goes tits up and ruins their competitiveness.

Sad thing about it all is that I used to like Red Bull and Max too. Even liked Horner as was/is always up for talking to the sky team with insight on what's going on which not many principles do. However, that's changed over the last few months. He and his team really are cry babies when things don't go their way.

Horner and Max complained like Fcuk when Hamilton celebrated the Silverstone win. Hamilton was unaware Max had gone to hospital yet when rolls reversed they say nothing when a car is on top of Hamiltons head which we all know could of been life threatening if it wasn't for the new safely measures.

I've since read Max has also reciieved 2 penalty points on his license so defo guilty as charged.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5626: Sep 12, 2021 10:02:29 pm
      Sad thing about it all is that I used to like Red Bull and Max too. Even liked Horner as was/is always up for talking to the sky team with insight on what's going on which not many principles do. However, that's changed over the last few months. He and his team really are cry babies when things don't go their way.

Horner and Max complained like Fcuk when Hamilton celebrated the Silverstone win. Hamilton was unaware Max had gone to hospital yet when rolls reversed they say nothing when a car is on top of Hamiltons head which we all know could of been life threatening if it wasn't for the new safely measures.

I've since read Max has also reciieved 2 penalty points on his license so defo guilty as charged.

He's amazing Max and one of the best things to happen to the sport. One of the greatest talents to have entered the sport and I do love his racing. But he has to temper it from time to time. Hamilton has shown that he knows when to yield at the correct moment and Amx has to return that favour. Thing is, we were talking about it yesterday - he's driving beautifully this season and in equal conditions I genuinely think he's doing better than Lewis. So keeping it  on the track will surely benefit him.

Anyway, moving from the flawed brilliance of Max to just utter c**t territory. With Kubica having contested the last two races, Mazepin now finds himself 21st in what he thought was a 20 man field. Sexual harassing, racist, homophobic, c*nt.

https://twitter.com/MegsLou99/status/1437065476841091075?s=20
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5627: Sep 12, 2021 10:15:28 pm
      Anyway, moving from the flawed brilliance of Max to just utter c**t territory. With Kubica having contested the last two races, Mazepin now finds himself 21st in what he thought was a 20 man field. Sexual harassing, racist, homophobic, c*nt.

https://twitter.com/MegsLou99/status/1437065476841091075?s=20

Couldn't have happened to a better man...  :lmao:
      That Haas partnership is completely imploding, it's so funny. And they need the Russian's money, so they're stuck with him.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #5628: Sep 13, 2021 07:49:48 pm
      Quote from PTU
      This was basically a reverse copycat of what happened at the start. At the start, Lewis decided to cut the chicane to avoid contact. Here, Max decided to go for the crash...

The last time a driver deliberately hit someone else was when Schumacher did it to Villeneuve.

Overtaking opportunities are rare at Monza, so if you see one, you have to go for it.
      It was a racing incident, that's how it should have been judged as. Hamilton isn't to blame for this one, but going into the corner, there was a gap which Verstappen was entitled to go for. When Hamilton then took the racing line, it was too late for Max to back off. Yes he could have gone off the track and let him through, as Bottas probably would. But he's not Bottas and he's not 100 points behind in the Championship. However, the allegation that it was points related or a cynical foul  is as outrageous as when Schumacher made his allegation against Coulthard at Spa. Verstappen is the reason why there is a championship to watch this year, and his driving style is why he has his own fan club at every race. That's what the public want to see, racing as opposed to driving. The fact that Hill ststed6 it happened by the points in the Championship is astonishing, considering how many times him and Schumacher collided, most notably at Adelaide and Silverstone. None of those incidents were punished, this shouldn't have been either.

Hamilton was caught asleep at the wheel at the start of the sprint, and what should have been a straight forward hop from lights to flag turned into 0 points from the weekend. There's only really 2 overtaking spots at Monza, in the first two chicanes, but Gasly finally discovered a use for all that gravel at Curva Grande. With most drivers then happy to settle for the position they had, I think more points should be awarded for the sprint. Using the old points system for the first 6 drivers, with 10 points for the winner and 1 for 6th, rewards more drivers, encourages more overtaking, and doesn't devalue the usual points awarded for the Grand Prix.

The tow is just as powerful at Sochi as at Monza, so Verstappen can wipe out the grid penalty on the run down to the first chicane on lap 1, if he starts as high as possible on the grid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5629: Sep 13, 2021 08:37:05 pm
      Don't take the click bait PTU  :roll:  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5630: Sep 14, 2021 06:04:48 pm
      Lewis trying to sneak off with my mum's net curtains here.

https://twitter.com/SirLewisUpdates/status/1437594537979875329?s=20
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5631: Sep 15, 2021 11:48:57 am
      Watching Schumacher on Netflix. Just got to the part where Senna lost his life, had to take a break.  :(
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5632: Sep 15, 2021 08:56:38 pm
      Watching Schumacher on Netflix. Just got to the part where Senna lost his life, had to take a break.  :(

Is it worth watching? Not really a Schumacher fan, so I'm a bit hesitant to spend 2 hours on it. Though I absolutely loved the Senna movie despite feeling the same about him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5633: Sep 15, 2021 09:04:18 pm
      Is it worth watching? Not really a Schumacher fan, so I'm a bit hesitant to spend 2 hours on it. Though I absolutely loved the Senna movie despite feeling the same about him.

I too not the greatest of Schumacher but learned more than I thought I would, espically the altercation  Senna & Schumacher had before he lost his life. You have to watch it even though it's distressing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,044 posts | 2096 
      Reply #5634: Sep 15, 2021 10:02:37 pm
      I too not the greatest of Schumacher but learned more than I thought I would, espically the altercation  Senna & Schumacher had before he lost his life. You have to watch it even though it's distressing.

Greatest driver of them all Keith.  8)

Quick Reply