Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Formula 1

Read 578123 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #6164: Dec 07, 2021 03:46:46 pm
      Ali G...

Iz it’z cuz i’z Black... 😂😂😂

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #6165: Dec 07, 2021 03:49:14 pm
      Ali G...

joking apart Lewis has had to deal with such prejudice. I have followed him since his first amazing race and F1 since they were shown in black and white. If you listen to people like Hill or Herbert they are worried about Max and him not having any understanding of where the line is between fast and aggressive racing and dangerous racing.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #6166: Dec 07, 2021 03:53:17 pm
      you feel for Max because he has Horner who simply will not accept he is anything other than his golden child and golden meal ticket and then he has a father like this.

After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[34]

In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife.[35] He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[36]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[37] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[38] but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn.[39] Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014.[40] They divorced on 2 June 2017.[41]

I knew Jos was a c**t, but that's... a lot.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,057 posts | 3431 
      Reply #6167: Dec 07, 2021 03:56:17 pm
      14 years of F1 as apposed to your 14 mins coming of the FSG thread to google stuff about him. He is a clean driver people know they can challenge him fairly where Max does not have that reputation, spend more time watching F1 and stop cheerleading for FSG.

Why are you going on about FSG in a thread about F1 🤷‍♂️

And didn’t need to Google it when they discussed it this morning on Sky and it allowed a balance debate - shame that doesn’t seem to be allowed on here - I’m not sure why people feel the need ti be derogatory towards posters when they have an opinion about a racing driver ?!?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,057 posts | 3431 
      Reply #6168: Dec 07, 2021 03:57:05 pm
      Ali G...

Imagine trying to bring in someone’s skin colour to score points.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6169: Dec 07, 2021 03:58:35 pm
      fingers crossed I don’t do it again

Good to hear. A little bit OTT.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #6170: Dec 07, 2021 03:59:38 pm
      I knew Jos was a c**t, but that's... a lot.

Probably a good time (or not) to also mention that he left Max in a motorway service station after Max lost a key championship race during his kart days (I think). So yeah, Jos isn't a particularly nice guy. I also heard that he and Helmut Marko were also spinning stories that alluded to Lewis being on performance enhancing drugs. Add the fact that Christian Horner instigated a social media pile on that led to racist abuse by questioning the integrity of Hamilton after Silverstone and you see a team that stinks to high heaven.

The Red Bull camp have conducted themselves in the most disgraceful manner this year.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,057 posts | 3431 
      Reply #6171: Dec 07, 2021 04:02:36 pm
      Probably a good time (or not) to also mention that he left Max in a motorway service station after Max lost a key championship race during his kart days (I think). So yeah, Jos isn't a particularly nice guy. I also heard that he and Helmut Marko were also spinning stories that alluded to Lewis being on performance enhancing drugs. Add the fact that Christian Horner instigated a social media pile on that led to racist abuse by questioning the integrity of Hamilton after Silverstone and you see a team that stinks to high heaven.

The Red Bull camp have conducted themselves in the most disgraceful manner.

Working in IT and systems support - one of my colleagues moved to work for Red Bull in Milton Keynes - worked on the in car radios to the pit

He said working for them was horrific - lots of stories especially when at Grand Prixs , not a nice place to work
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6172: Dec 07, 2021 04:04:19 pm
      Good to hear. A little bit OTT.

Telling someone to fcuk off is mild compared to what we both know goes on in match threads JD but yeah I get your point.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6173: Dec 07, 2021 04:07:06 pm

The Red Bull camp have conducted themselves in the most disgraceful manner this year.

I’m embarrassed to say I really did like Red Bull till this years antics, they’ve come down to Max’s level now and are most definitely bully boys of F1
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #6174: Dec 07, 2021 04:07:15 pm
      Telling someone to fcuk off is mild compared to what we both know goes on in match threads JD but yeah I get your point.  ;D

*cough* current affairs thread... *cough*
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #6175: Dec 07, 2021 04:08:51 pm
      Working in IT and systems support - one of my colleagues moved to work for Red Bull in Milton Keynes - worked on the in car radios to the pit

He said working for them was horrific - lots of stories especially when at Grand Prixs , not a nice place to work

I think they're a shower of cu*ts and not befitting of this sport. There used to be outrageous characters like Briatore. Sly and canny like Ron Dennis. Ruthless and passionate like Frank Williams. Pragmatic and statesman like Jean Todt. Regardless of the wranglings those bosses got into they never stooped so low as to personally attack and encourage hatred towards a rival.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #6176: Dec 07, 2021 04:09:05 pm
      Angel of F1....

I would have planted my forehead on Max’s nose, no questions asked.l

https://youtu.be/Av1dH_ik8EU
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6177: Dec 07, 2021 04:09:52 pm
      *cough* current affairs thread... *cough*

Only been on it occasionally, not sure I’ve ever posted on it as very very toxic   :couch:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,057 posts | 3431 
      Reply #6178: Dec 07, 2021 04:12:15 pm
      I think they're a shower of cu*ts and not befitting of this sport. There used to be outrageous characters like Briatore. Sly and canny like Ron Dennis. Ruthless and passionate like Frank Williams. Pragmatic and statesman like Jean Todt. Regardless of the wranglings those bosses got into they never stooped so low as to personally attack and encourage hatred towards a rival.

He moved to Force India after one season in Brackley and loves working there ( Aston Martin now )
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #6179: Dec 07, 2021 04:15:19 pm
      Max:

‘Cant crash into the leader can you..?’

Changed his tune since.. what happened kiddo? Horner got to you.? Certainly learned from his papa how to bully someone...🙄

https://youtu.be/6LSAaVq4Dsw

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #6180: Dec 07, 2021 04:27:52 pm
      Max:

Changed his tune since.. what happened kiddo? Horner got to you.? Certainly learned from his papa how to bully someone...🙄

Oddly, reminds me of this incident from 2001 when his dad, being lapped, completely destroyed Montoya's race at that same venue (what would have been a sensational 1st win for the Colombian too...DC went onto win)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgRG8aJX-0
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #6181: Dec 07, 2021 04:42:19 pm
      Max:

To this day, I still believe the only reason they crashed there was Max's pride. He couldn't stand the idea of Ocon going past him.
      Don't get me wrong, Ocon could have been more patient, but Max had nothing to gain by not leaving any space.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #6182: Dec 07, 2021 04:49:33 pm
      Here's the article containing the source of Jos's 'Lewis on drugs' comment

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jos-verstappen-lose-but-fair-way/
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #6183: Dec 07, 2021 11:29:20 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Yeah, the important thing to note there is that he's never intentionally caused a collision. You know you get a fair and honest game with Lewis. There was a time in his career, especially during the 2011 season where he got into scraps with Massa once too many often but that was as much down to Felipe's own suspect racecraft at the time as Lewis's. The only sporting misdemenour I can think off with Hamilton was the Australia 2009 incident when he and the McLaren sporting director told a fib about an incident involving him and Trulli in a safety car period but was caught out when the stewards reviewed the radio conversations.

As a racer though, he is impeccable. Even the Silverstone incident wasn't his fault with Max knowingly turning in on Hamilton fully aware that he was there. It's only because Max slammed into the barriers and came out off it worse that Hamilton was given a (totally unjust) penalty. If it was Lewis who had ended up in the barriers, Max would have got the penalty. At best it was a racing incident, at worse it was Max's fault.

Regardless of how immense Max's speed has been this season, his antics are not worthy of being a title winner.

Clean? I pointed out three incidents last weekend he could, probably should have been punished for alone. I've never seen a driver get away scot free for ignoring yellow flags. I've seen Villeneuve disqualified from an entire race before, for it. It's usually a slam dunk penalty, but maybe it's one rule for him and another for everyone else. Then there's Silverstone. Yes it was 100% his fault, for the reasons already explained in detail before. He's a ruthless driver not a fair one, he thinks he has a divine right to win every race, especially at home, and it's everyone else's fault when he doesn't. He was called to the stewards room to explain himself twice at the weekend, he is called before them now on a regular basis. Clean drivers never spend as much time in stewards rooms as he does. You rarely see Bottas or Perez getting grilled by the stewards, do you?

Wolff is just as capable as Horner of dishing the insults out. Ever since Monaco when the circuit suited Red Bull, the public mud slinging began and hasn't stopped since. Wolff smashed up his own headset in a rage at the weekend, because he didn't tell his own driver that he was allowed to pass Verstappen, for a change, and it's not the first time we've seen his temper tantrums recently.

Jos was a very average and uncompetitive driver on the track. But his private life is nothing to do with the sport and should not be debated here.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,057 posts | 3431 
      Reply #6184: Dec 08, 2021 06:35:05 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #6185: Dec 08, 2021 09:09:36 am
      https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1468161869038956547?s=20

On reflection, it seems Brundle has changed his   opinion. And he's right.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #6186: Dec 08, 2021 09:23:47 am
      Clean? I pointed out three incidents last weekend he could, probably should have been punished for alone. I've never seen a driver get away scot free for ignoring yellow flags. I've seen Villeneuve disqualified from an entire race before, for it. It's usually a slam dunk penalty, but maybe it's one rule for him and another for everyone else. Then there's Silverstone. Yes it was 100% his fault, for the reasons already explained in detail before. He's a ruthless driver not a fair one, he thinks he has a divine right to win every race, especially at home, and it's everyone else's fault when he doesn't. He was called to the stewards room to explain himself twice at the weekend, he is called before them now on a regular basis. Clean drivers never spend as much time in stewards rooms as he does. You rarely see Bottas or Perez getting grilled by the stewards, do you?

Wolff is just as capable as Horner of dishing the insults out. Ever since Monaco when the circuit suited Red Bull, the public mud slinging began and hasn't stopped since. Wolff smashed up his own headset in a rage at the weekend, because he didn't tell his own driver that he was allowed to pass Verstappen, for a change, and it's not the first time we've seen his temper tantrums recently.

Jos was a very average and uncompetitive driver on the track. But his private life is nothing to do with the sport and should not be debated here.

Sorry mate, I don't think the Met Office records the speed of farts in the wind.

Quick Reply