Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Formula 1

Read 576419 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #69: Oct 19, 2007 07:36:34 pm
      Nice one for the above information.

They'll be no justice if Lewis finishes third overall, or even second for that matter.

Best of luck Lewis, you deserve to win it  :champ:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #70: Oct 20, 2007 06:17:07 pm
      Lewis will start 2nd on the grid for tomorrows Championship decider.

Final qualifying positions:
      1. F Massa (Ferrari)

2. L Hamilton (McLaren)

3. K Raikkonen (Ferrari)

4. F Alonso (McLaren)

5. M Webber (Red Bull)

6. N Heidfeld (BMW Sauber)

7. R Kubica (BMW Sauber)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #71: Oct 21, 2007 05:24:31 pm
      Tough starts for Hamilton seeing him drop down to 18th place after a tricky couple of corners going wide and engine trouble but is now climbing back up the pack with amazing pace. 

Currently 12th!  Edit  11th
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2007 06:05:54 pm by AJ »
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #72: Oct 21, 2007 06:45:43 pm
      well he didn't win it but like the rugby he finished 2nd, so congrats lewis,
      next year my son. ;)
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #73: Oct 21, 2007 06:51:46 pm
      why is it with us brits, we whinge and knock our hero's when they just miss out.
      we don't give credit to the hard graft that they put in to a season.

wish we would stop sulking and walk proud.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #74: Oct 21, 2007 07:24:37 pm
      why is it with us brits, we whinge and knock our hero's when they just miss out.
      we don't give credit to the hard graft that they put in to a season.

wish we would stop sulking and walk proud.

I reckon Hamilton has done extremely well this season with some great wins and there will be more to come now Alonso is leaving Maclaren they can dedicate all their efforts in his favour.  Maybe Button will sign for them too that would give a good take on the whole British feel of F1.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #75: Oct 21, 2007 07:47:53 pm
      I think he is going to clash with Alonso, they both crash out and Raikonin wins!

Megh i got the winner right at least, im glad raikonin won, he would be my favourite out of the 3.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #76: Oct 21, 2007 09:20:59 pm
      Megh I got the winner right at least, im glad raikonin won, he would be my favourite out of the 3.

I have to confess I do own a Ferrari cap but only because I think they have a great racing heritage and have always had irresistible looking cars, and they are red!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #77: Oct 21, 2007 09:29:49 pm
      Hamiliton drove with such bravery and courage all season,it just wasn't meant to be.He's young and i'm sure he'll be multi- champion in the not to distant future,all i can say is the dissapointment and expierence will make him stronger and congrats on your first season, you've been a breath of fresh air.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #78: Oct 21, 2007 09:34:25 pm
      Hamiliton drove with such bravery and courage all season,it just wasn't meant to be.He's young and I'm sure he'll be multi- champion in the not to distant future,all I can say is the dissapointment and expierence will make him stronger and congrats on your first season, you've been a breath of fresh air.

Agreed 100%
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #79: Oct 21, 2007 11:11:11 pm
      Breaking news on ssn hamilton could still be world champion, the fuel temperatures and technical impurities are under investigation in three cars which finished above lewis (KUBICA ,HEIDFELD+ rosberg) could be disqualfied in which case could hand the rookie the world tittle.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #80: Oct 21, 2007 11:24:05 pm
      If Raikkonen wins the F1 title then fair enough, he has done it on merit.... but Alonso - that would be tragic for lovers of true sportsmanship.
      The dream was not realized but Lewis Hamilton has a sent out a clear message that he's got what it takes to play with the big boys. If 1 point is the difference between a World champion and 2nd / 3rd place then Lewis hasn't done so bad considering it's his 1st season in F1.
      A few curious choices from McClaren / Hamilton regarding tyres (Japan especially) and pit stop timings contributed to the outcome of this season. Hamilton, although an outstanding driver, still made some rash decisions with today's aggression against Alonso forcing him wide and costing him big time - he only needed to finish in 5th to secure the title but blew the opportunity with a bad driving error.

Raikkonen deservedly won the F1 title with 6 wins from 17 races but there still might be a twist in the tale:

Press release from the Official F1 Website:

BMW Sauber and Williams under investigation

The BMW Sauber and Williams teams are being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over possible technical irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race. The enquiries are believed to relate to fuel temperatures.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, it would move McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton up from seventh to fourth, making him world champion, rather than Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen won the race from team mate Felipe Massa, with McLaren’s Fernando Alonso third.

It would be a cruel finale if Raikkonen was to lose his title but in the world of F1 anything is possible....
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #81: Oct 22, 2007 05:33:52 pm
      If i was Hamilton i wouldnt want to win this way
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Formula 1
      Reply #82: Feb 13, 2008 12:52:03 pm
      I really want some tickets to watch Formula 1 racing. The noise of the F1 racings cars is just unexplainable, I'd love to get tickets to an event such as this but tickets meant to cost more than 'a lot'

Great Britain - Silverstone

Location Silverstone, United Kingdom
      Date 4- 6 July 2008
      Lap distance 5.141 m
      Laps 60
      Race Distance 308.355 km
      Track Record 1:18.739 M. Schumacher (Ferrari), 2004

Tickets are usually around £300 but in my opinion its well worth it to be the best racers in the world driving the best machines in the world!

Anyone ever though about attending an event such as this in the future?

https://www.f1tickets.com/
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008 01:15:39 pm by Ra Ra Rafa »
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #83: Feb 13, 2008 12:56:36 pm
      Wow  £300 is alot for a ticket. just glad its not that at Anfield for a ticket. Id also love to go to silverstone. The noise would be amazing, just as there all on the starting grid, then bang... id love to see them crash aswell ;D.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #84: Feb 13, 2008 01:08:34 pm
      Just how fast is a F1 car? Well only way to find out is to put one out on a track against a few road cars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=IpJshzMrpD4
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #85: Feb 13, 2008 01:34:27 pm
      I have already seen this clip, but well worth another look! Pretty funny to see Coulthard with his feet up whilst the others bomb off, and impressive the way he accelerates out of the last corner!  :o
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #86: Feb 13, 2008 01:44:23 pm
      Class video that! ;) Wonder what the Ferrari ones would be like? :P
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #87: Feb 14, 2008 12:05:28 am
      Another great comparasion between Mercedes roads cars and the Mclaren Mercedes F1 car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=01Cm9TLqHVc

This time it's a special Alonso giving out the treatment! Fernando that is ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #88: Feb 14, 2008 01:13:12 pm
      In the end, the F1 car isn't that much faster than the C Class (race version), though 7 secs better per lap is still pretty good! Any ideas on the comparison between the F1 car and one of the world superbikes?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #89: Feb 14, 2008 03:35:24 pm
      In the end, the F1 car isn't that much faster than the C Class (race version), though 7 secs better per lap is still pretty good! Any ideas on the comparison between the F1 car and one of the world superbikes?

I know F1 cars are a bit quicker around a track than a Moto GP superbike, don't know how much faster though but by a fair bit. There is no quicker racing machine on ground than Formula 1
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #90: Feb 14, 2008 05:37:06 pm
      Thats about what I thought, more grip with the four wheels and aerodynamics so faster cornering for sure, for the acceleration though I dunno....
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #91: Feb 14, 2008 06:13:58 pm
      Well bikes do have amazing acceleration but so do these f1 cars as they are powered with v8 or v10 engines producing 800bhp.. also they are as light as anything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=mn6eHg1VSZI

Watch every second of it..

Quick Reply