Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1

Read 572228 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3749: Apr 20, 2017 05:38:19 pm
      They did tell Bottas to move over.
      It took too long, something we spoke about re Paddy Lowe.
      With Ferrari challenging with a clear No1, Mercedes have tough choices to make.
      If Bottas keeps his speed up it will make things tense pretty quickly.

Pre safety car though when Vettel had already made his stop? Hamilton spent a few laps behind him there which was very compromising and had a knock on effect in the pitstop error that cost him 5 seconds. And they could have matched Ferrari's aggression by pitting Bottas at the same time as Vettel which would have tracked the Ferrari from start to finish. Incredible naivety about Mercedes.
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017 05:49:20 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3750: Apr 20, 2017 06:13:44 pm
      Sad news this...

Nice to see Hamilton,Button, Verstappen doing their bit with financial support, tip my hat to them...

Billy Monger: Formula 4 driver who lost legs in crash wants to get back behind wheel

A teenage racing driver who lost both legs after a "horrific" crash is already trying to work out how he can get back behind the wheel.

Billy Monger was left in a critical condition after colliding with a stationary car at 120mph during a Formula 4 event at Donington Park, Derbyshire, on Sunday.

The 17-year-old driver was trapped for over 90 minutes before being flown to Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham, where doctors put him in an induced coma.

Billy has had both lower limbs amputated.

Steven Hunter, manager of Billy's racing team JHR Developments, told Sky News he came around from his coma on Wednesday, with his parents and sister at his bedside.

Mr Hunter said that despite his devastating injuries, he is "100% sure" Billy will be able to overcome his ordeal.

Image:
      A funraising appeal for Billy has already reaised over £500,000
      He said: "He has always been a remarkable young man and he's proving yet again his strength and his resilience.

"I've never had a driver that puts so much effort and time into ensuring he produces the best he possibly can.

"Billy's already had his hands up pretending to use a steering wheel and seeing if he can use a hand clutch in his own imagination."

He added: "You'll never take the racing driver out of the racing driver, so I wouldn't put it past him."

A fundraising campaign to raise money for Billy's rehabilitation and prostethics is gathering pace.

It has already raised more than ÂŁ500,000 - doubling the target of ÂŁ260,000.

Image:
      The teenager's manager says he wants to get back behind the wheel
      The appeal has attracted support from the likes of racing stars Lewis Hamilton, Jensen Button and Max Verstappen, as well as Hollywood actor Woody Harrelson.

Button, who has donated ÂŁ15,000, wrote on Instagram: "Hey guys this fellow racer Billy Monger had a big shunt this past weekend at Donington and sadly Billy has had amputations to both legs.

"This guy needs our help so if you can please donate, I will be doing as much as I can to help this dude out.

"The donations will be used to fund the care, treatments and therapies required by Billy in the immediate future and going forward, helping him to return to a full and active life."

Image:
      The crash happened at Donington Park. File picture
      Lewis Hamilton tweeted: "Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, @BillyMonger."

The crash, described as "one of the most horrific motorsport has ever seen", happened during round six of the British Formula 4 Championship.

http://news.sky.com/story/billy-monger-formula-4-driver-who-lost-legs-in-crash-wants-to-get-back-behind-wheel-10844132
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3751: Apr 20, 2017 06:19:41 pm
      Sad news this...

Nice to see Hamilton,Button, Verstappen doing their bit with financial support, tip my hat to them...

Billy Monger: Formula 4 driver who lost legs in crash wants to get back behind wheel

A teenage racing driver who lost both legs after a "horrific" crash is already trying to work out how he can get back behind the wheel.

Billy Monger was left in a critical condition after colliding with a stationary car at 120mph during a Formula 4 event at Donington Park, Derbyshire, on Sunday.

The 17-year-old driver was trapped for over 90 minutes before being flown to Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham, where doctors put him in an induced coma.

Billy has had both lower limbs amputated.

Steven Hunter, manager of Billy's racing team JHR Developments, told Sky News he came around from his coma on Wednesday, with his parents and sister at his bedside.

Mr Hunter said that despite his devastating injuries, he is "100% sure" Billy will be able to overcome his ordeal.

Image:
      A funraising appeal for Billy has already reaised over ÂŁ500,000
      He said: "He has always been a remarkable young man and he's proving yet again his strength and his resilience.

"I've never had a driver that puts so much effort and time into ensuring he produces the best he possibly can.

"Billy's already had his hands up pretending to use a steering wheel and seeing if he can use a hand clutch in his own imagination."

He added: "You'll never take the racing driver out of the racing driver, so I wouldn't put it past him."

A fundraising campaign to raise money for Billy's rehabilitation and prostethics is gathering pace.

It has already raised more than ÂŁ500,000 - doubling the target of ÂŁ260,000.

Image:
      The teenager's manager says he wants to get back behind the wheel
      The appeal has attracted support from the likes of racing stars Lewis Hamilton, Jensen Button and Max Verstappen, as well as Hollywood actor Woody Harrelson.

Button, who has donated ÂŁ15,000, wrote on Instagram: "Hey guys this fellow racer Billy Monger had a big shunt this past weekend at Donington and sadly Billy has had amputations to both legs.

"This guy needs our help so if you can please donate, I will be doing as much as I can to help this dude out.

"The donations will be used to fund the care, treatments and therapies required by Billy in the immediate future and going forward, helping him to return to a full and active life."

Image:
      The crash happened at Donington Park. File picture
      Lewis Hamilton tweeted: "Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, @BillyMonger."

The crash, described as "one of the most horrific motorsport has ever seen", happened during round six of the British Formula 4 Championship.

http://news.sky.com/story/billy-monger-formula-4-driver-who-lost-legs-in-crash-wants-to-get-back-behind-wheel-10844132

Was scrolling twitter before the Grand Prix on Sunday and saw this crash. Probably the worst crash I have ever seen. It was clear that there was major problems when he was stuck in the car for that long. Terrible. And so young too. :(  But Alex Zanardi showed that you can lose your legs and still make an incredible career so there's a lot of hope for the guy.

Great seeing the motorsport community get behind him.
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017 06:29:36 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3752: Apr 20, 2017 08:52:56 pm

Renault reveals 1,300bhp F1 concept car for 2027

By Keith Collantine

Renault has envisaged how Formula One could look in ten years’ time with its R.S. 2027 Vision concept car.

The French manufacturer, which first entered F1 40 years ago, sees F1 in ten years’ time as being a “more human-centric championship with drivers at the heart of the sport”. Reflecting this its 2027 car design features “a transparent cockpit and a transparent helmet that allow the drivers to be seen in the heat of the action”.

Its R.S. 2027 Vision car would have 1,341bhp and weight 600 kilograms. The car’s fuel tank would be half the size of the 105kg tanks used today and the hybrid unit would operate in electric-only mode when the car is in the pits.

The design also features active LED lighting in its wheels, moveable wings, a cockpit canopy, four-wheel-drive and four-wheel steering. To improve safety an “autonomous mode” can be “activated in the case of an accident”.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/04/19/renault-reveals-1300bhp-f1-concept-car-2027/
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3753: Apr 20, 2017 11:12:07 pm

By Keith Collantine

Renault has envisaged how Formula One could look in ten years’ time with its R.S. 2027 Vision concept car.

The French manufacturer, which first entered F1 40 years ago, sees F1 in ten years’ time as being a “more human-centric championship with drivers at the heart of the sport”. Reflecting this its 2027 car design features “a transparent cockpit and a transparent helmet that allow the drivers to be seen in the heat of the action”.

Its R.S. 2027 Vision car would have 1,341bhp and weight 600 kilograms. The car’s fuel tank would be half the size of the 105kg tanks used today and the hybrid unit would operate in electric-only mode when the car is in the pits.

The design also features active LED lighting in its wheels, moveable wings, a cockpit canopy, four-wheel-drive and four-wheel steering. To improve safety an “autonomous mode” can be “activated in the case of an accident”.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/04/19/renault-reveals-1300bhp-f1-concept-car-2027/

Good grief. I really hope it doesn't end up like that! Looks like something from Total Recall.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3754: Apr 21, 2017 09:03:21 pm

By Keith Collantine

Where is the down force?
      Where is the advertising going to go?

That's just daft.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3755: Apr 21, 2017 10:18:27 pm
      Where is the down force?
      Where is the advertising going to go?

That's just daft.

It looks quite daft! Where's the rear wing?! Adrian Newey designed a concept car for the Gran Turismo 5 game on PS3 a few years back. It looked cool but any realism was kind of destroyed when you could set a lap of over 3 minutes on the 13 mile long Nurburgring Nordschliefe! Sceptical? You might be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQCOm1KCBT4
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3756: Apr 23, 2017 11:18:46 pm
      It looks quite daft! Where's the rear wing?! Adrian Newey designed a concept car for the Gran Turismo 5 game on PS3 a few years back. It looked cool but any realism was kind of destroyed when you could set a lap of over 3 minutes on the 13 mile long Nurburgring Nordschliefe! Sceptical? You might be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQCOm1KCBT4

and impossible to drive with a controller setup.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3757: Apr 24, 2017 01:15:39 am
      and impossible to drive with a controller setup.

Never got to the stage in the game where I unlocked that sadly. As I don't have a steering wheel with my PS3 it seems I didn't miss out!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3758: Apr 24, 2017 04:00:57 pm
      Never got to the stage in the game where I unlocked that sadly. As I don't have a steering wheel with my PS3 it seems I didn't miss out!

No. I unlocked everything.
      Always had my times scrubbed for running wide in that animal.
      bas**rds.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3759: Apr 29, 2017 08:40:05 pm
      Can barely believe it - Ferrari's first front row lockout since the French Grand Prix of 2008. Only disappointment for me is that it wasn't Kimi on pole! If he hadn't gone deep in that last corner it would have been his! Aaarrrrgh!

Hamilton poor though in a distant 4th. Don't know why he hasn't hooked it up. Can't afford these sort of races where he kind of just mumps along similar to Azerbaijan and Singapore last year.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3760: Apr 29, 2017 08:55:42 pm
      Can barely believe it - Ferrari's first front row lockout since the French Grand Prix of 2008. Only disappointment for me is that it wasn't Kimi on pole! If he hadn't gone deep in that last corner it would have been his! Aaarrrrgh!

Hamilton poor though in a distant 4th. Don't know why he hasn't hooked it up. Can't afford these sort of races where he kind of just mumps along similar to Azerbaijan and Singapore last year.

Two pints...

1) Merc are missing Lowe.

2) Hamilton needs that team
      Mate (Rosberg) to thrive off..

Lack of competition within the team I think is slowly creeping in..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3761: Apr 30, 2017 11:54:34 am
      Really looking forward to this race.

Sochi is one of my favourites of the new circuits.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3762: Apr 30, 2017 02:52:56 pm
      Valtteri wins it.

So pleased for him but another 5/6 laps would have made it very interesting

Great to have 3 different winners so far.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #3763: Apr 30, 2017 03:07:15 pm
      Well deserved win by Valtteri Bottas ,Vettal  pushed him to the end but happy he hung on for the win and Lewis Hamilton claimed 4th place and 12 points.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3764: Apr 30, 2017 03:12:40 pm
      Well deserved win that for Bottas. Thoroughly outperformed Lewis all weekend and was an amazing start to take the lead.

Not a great race though. Getting to within one second of the car in front seemed a mini victory for those guys out there today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3765: Apr 30, 2017 03:18:22 pm
      Well deserved win that for Bottas. Thoroughly outperformed Lewis all weekend and was an amazing start to take the lead.

Not a great race though. Getting to within one second of the car in front seemed a mini victory for those guys out there today.

Yep.

First race this season that nothing much really happened.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3766: Apr 30, 2017 03:23:51 pm

Tottaly agree Franky. Best put it down to a bad week at the office for Hammy. Bottas did a great job of holding on too. Not to sure Vettel took Massa's slight holding him up on last lap well though  :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3767: Apr 30, 2017 03:29:13 pm
      Good weekend for Ocon and Force India in general.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3768: Apr 30, 2017 03:36:41 pm
      Good weekend for Ocon and Force India in general.

Yeah, another superb result by Force India. They must be so pleased with the efforts of their two drivers.

Jolyon Palmer in another crash today. He's on the cusp of getting sacked I feel.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3769: Apr 30, 2017 03:47:59 pm
      Yeah, another superb result by Force India. They must be so pleased with the efforts of their two drivers.

Jolyon Palmer in another crash today. He's on the cusp of getting sacked I feel.

Agree on Palmer. Renault will not hang around too long with performances that Jolyon is putting in.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3770: Apr 30, 2017 06:00:42 pm
      Really looking forward to this race.

Sochi is one of my favourites of the new circuits.

I wasn't going to watch this as I remember this track being poor and boring.

I took your recommendation.....

Sorry mate, but that was boring as hell.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3771: Apr 30, 2017 06:03:52 pm
      I wasn't going to watch this as I remember this track being poor and boring.

I took your recommendation.....

Sorry mate, but that was boring as hell.

Sochi reminds me of Valencia ie bloody awful. A drive around a concrete emblazoned Olympic Park in Russia? To me one of the worst tracks on the calendar. Talking heads will blame the new aero regulations but will conveniently forget the fact that Sochi was sh*t in 2014, sh*t in 2015 and sh*t in 2016.

Quick Reply