Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1

Read 572379 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #3956: Jun 25, 2017 03:35:06 pm
      'When did I do dangerous driving' says Seb.

Take a wild guess pal!

He's trying mind games
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3957: Jun 25, 2017 03:43:32 pm
      What a race for the neutrals. Going to be interesting in press conference with Hammy & Vettel  :lmao: Get the  :boxing: out
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3958: Jun 25, 2017 03:46:51 pm
       :clap: :clap: :clap: :action-smiley-035:

Crazy race

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3959: Jun 25, 2017 04:11:54 pm
      Bottas gets Stroll on the line! But what a fine performance by the young Canadian all weekend. Deserved second place but third is pretty nice! Lewis will be gutted - deflated for him because of a BLOODY HEADREST! Seb content. Ricciardo - a bit lucky but deserves it after being denied a certain victory in Monaco last year. Balances things out!

Phew! What a race!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3960: Jun 25, 2017 04:14:34 pm
      No justice for Hammy. Think it's box office viewing now with Vettel  :f_whistle:  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3961: Jun 25, 2017 04:19:06 pm
      No justice for Hammy. Think it's box office viewing now with Vettel  :f_whistle:  :lmao:

I wanted to see Lewis win this one because I so desperately want to see it neck and neck in the championships. Sure - it's still so close between them but Vettel can count his lucky stars that he somehow finished ahead of Lewis today especially after THAT incident. Second best all weekend. Hopefully Lewis can restore a bit of fairness next race.

Seems like any one of 7 drivers or so could have won this race. Missed opportunity for Force India for a GP victory even.

Nevertheless, great race in what is turning out to be a great season!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3962: Jun 25, 2017 04:40:39 pm
      Should Vettel have been given a black flag and disqualification?
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2017 04:49:27 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3963: Jun 25, 2017 05:16:57 pm
      I wanted to see Lewis win this one because I so desperately want to see it neck and neck in the championships. Sure - it's still so close between them but Vettel can count his lucky stars that he somehow finished ahead of Lewis today especially after THAT incident. Second best all weekend. Hopefully Lewis can restore a bit of fairness next race.

Seems like any one of 7 drivers or so could have won this race. Missed opportunity for Force India for a GP victory even.

Nevertheless, great race in what is turning out to be a great season!

Great season certainly the case so far mate, long may in continue. Vettel doesn't deserve more points than Hammy after the deliberate bumping. Notice how he never passed comment when asked about his bumber car actions  ???

All in all thought super race and loved every minute of it apart from the result  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3964: Jun 25, 2017 05:23:22 pm
      Great season certainly the case so far mate, long may in continue. Vettel doesn't deserve more points than Hammy after the deliberate bumping. Notice how he never passed comment when asked about his bumber car actions  ???

All in all thought super race and loved every minute of it apart from the result  ;D

Yeah very evasive was Seb! When asked by Lee McKenzie about the 'bump' he referred to the shunt he gave Lewis from behind, NOT the swinging his car into Lewis's car!

Just been announced that Vettel has received 3 penalty points on his license which doesn't mean much because some of those points get chipped off over the course of this season. For me, if it was any other driver (with the exception of Lewis) I think the FIA hands them a grid penalty for an incident like that. But it seems like the FIA are doing everything not to grid penalise him for the next race which I guess is understandable because we all want to see Lewis and Seb together on the race track.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3965: Jun 25, 2017 05:42:55 pm
      I F***ing hate Vettel!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3966: Jun 30, 2017 10:43:21 pm
      https://twitter.com/StrangRacing/status/880881933311410176

Confirmed today. Ron Dennis's long association with McLaren has ended with him selling his remaining shares. Was never a big fan of him myself but you can't deny his massive contribution to the sport and the British engineering industry as a whole. Quite a career.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3967: Jul 01, 2017 12:30:22 am

Not keen either but as much as I can't stand him, I find Hamilton worse. Hamilton pisses me off. Just one of the things that pisses me off about him is his interviews, he was being asked a couple of races ago about what it was that went wrong and the whole interview in general he came across arrogant and uninterested but anyway, that particular question he was just constantly answering it by saying along the lines of how there is no point him even attempting to talk about it because people wont understand. Which, a load of sh*t, there are people watching that race knowing exactly how the cars work, the technical stuff etc but he just dismisses it off because the race didn't go his way. Then, his interview about Vettel last week he was saying how he was showing the sport in the bad light to the people watching when he was essentially passing everyone who isn't involved in F1 off as idiots.
      Goes his way and he is all for talking, bigging himself and the team up but the second it goes against him he couldn't give a sh*t and starts to be rude and arrogant, throwing his toys out the pram.

Also, he goes on about the 10 second penalty not being enough and granted, it probably wasn't. However, if he hadn't of gotten that 10 second penalty then there's a chance he could have gone on to finish higher and extend his lead further so maybe Hamilton should remember that. But if he had been given a 2 minute penalty and a 10 place penalty then Hamilton would still have moaned about that because he wasn't the winner of the race.

Don't think it's right what Vettel done at all but I'm glad that it was Hamilton he done it too. Shame they both were able to finish the race.

I'm going to stop there, getting more pissed off the more I ramble on :laugh:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3968: Jul 01, 2017 02:46:32 am
      Not keen either but as much as I can't stand him, I find Hamilton worse. Hamilton pisses me off. Just one of the things that pisses me off about him is his interviews, he was being asked a couple of races ago about what it was that went wrong and the whole interview in general he came across arrogant and uninterested but anyway, that particular question he was just constantly answering it by saying along the lines of how there is no point him even attempting to talk about it because people wont understand. Which, a load of sh*t, there are people watching that race knowing exactly how the cars work, the technical stuff etc but he just dismisses it off because the race didn't go his way. Then, his interview about Vettel last week he was saying how he was showing the sport in the bad light to the people watching when he was essentially passing everyone who isn't involved in F1 off as idiots.
      Goes his way and he is all for talking, bigging himself and the team up but the second it goes against him he couldn't give a sh*t and starts to be rude and arrogant, throwing his toys out the pram.

Also, he goes on about the 10 second penalty not being enough and granted, it probably wasn't. However, if he hadn't of gotten that 10 second penalty then there's a chance he could have gone on to finish higher and extend his lead further so maybe Hamilton should remember that. But if he had been given a 2 minute penalty and a 10 place penalty then Hamilton would still have moaned about that because he wasn't the winner of the race.

Don't think it's right what Vettel done at all but I'm glad that it was Hamilton he done it too. Shame they both were able to finish the race.

I'm going to stop there, getting more pissed off the more I ramble on :laugh:

Interesting stuff Kenny. F1 seems to be the one sport where the word arrogant comes up more than most! With the exception of Jenson and Kimi (and possibly Mika Hakkinen) I don't think I can remember a world champion driver NOT being described as arrogant! And to be honest, if I was able to throw a car around a circuit at over 200mph, rattling it through corners like 130R at Suzuka it'd be hard not to! I think you need, more often than not, that swagger about you to sustain the incredible levels that Lewis has managed in the decade he has been in the sport. For me I think Hamilton wears his heart on his sleeve and if something is getting to him he really shows it in interviews in a way most other drivers of his calibre didn't show. He's probably a more emotional driver than people give him credit for and as much as that can help him it can also be detrimental - there's been a handful of races the last decade where he has been clearly well off it and not mentally there like Singapore last season or even in Russia this season. But overall I think he's so great for the sport and I actually think he's been the best thing about the sport across the last 10 years or so. I love watching him drive an f1 car, his speed and raw talent is awesome. Blessed to have him in the sport!
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2017 02:51:34 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3969: Jul 04, 2017 03:28:59 pm
      https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/882195017879650304

...or how Renault will explore any option to unseat Jolyon Palmer!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3970: Jul 07, 2017 09:20:42 pm
      5 grid penalty for Hammy  :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3971: Jul 08, 2017 02:08:10 pm
      Lewis will start in 8th. Bottas on pole. Vettel behind.

Final hot lap shootout ruined by Grosjean just stopping in the middle of the track. Not the first time he's ruined it all for the pack!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3972: Jul 09, 2017 12:14:11 pm
      Thoughts on today's outcome?? I honesty think Hammy will finish 1st or 2nd.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3973: Jul 09, 2017 12:21:50 pm

I think it'll depend on if Vettel can get past Bottas early on. If he can then I can't see past a Vettel win.

My bold prediction: both McLaren's finish the race :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3974: Jul 09, 2017 12:39:26 pm
      I think it'll depend on if Vettel can get past Bottas early on. If he can then I can't see past a Vettel win.

My bold prediction: both McLaren's finish the race :D

That IS bold!  :D

I'll go for a Seb victory today, jumping Bottas in the pit stops!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3975: Jul 09, 2017 12:46:48 pm

:action-smiley-035: :ernaehrung004:

We'll see
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3976: Jul 09, 2017 12:51:50 pm
      An ACTUAL choir singing the national anthem of the host nation. So much better than some warbling syllable extracting Pop Idol type reject that has become a worrying trend pre race these days.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3977: Jul 09, 2017 12:59:17 pm

More than valid point mate if Vettel leads the bend. Let's hope not  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3978: Jul 09, 2017 01:06:53 pm
      Bottas start legal??

Quick Reply