Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1

Read 572373 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4347: May 27, 2018 04:05:39 pm
      Indy 500 coming up in a short while if you want some overtaking action. Love a bit of Indy 500.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4348: May 27, 2018 04:53:46 pm
      Turns out none of what I questioned materialised apart from Ricciardo driving around his problem which was superb although in fairness if you are to drive around a car problem Monaco is the place to do it. If it was any other Grand Prix under those racing circumstances I'm sure the result would have been very different. Regardless only Danny deserved this one. LeClerc could have chosen to slam into Hartley earlier and preferably leaving half his car out there as we would have got a proper safety car!

Yeah I'm in agreement with you, any where else almost sure to be different result. Good result for Hammy as certainly was damage limitation with the red bulls being so fast. Only losing 3 points to Vettel in the championship was a bonus.

Monaco certainly doesn't suit Verstappen and for me will always struggle round here.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4349: May 27, 2018 05:08:48 pm
      Yeah I'm in agreement with you, any where else almost sure to be different result. Good result for Hammy as certainly was damage limitation with the red bulls being so fast. Only losing 3 points to Vettel in the championship was a bonus.

Monaco certainly doesn't suit Verstappen and for me will always struggle round here.

Yeah I thought that was a quietly satisfying result for Lewis. Last year he struggled really badly but on a weekend where arguably both Ferrari's were faster I think he can be happy with a podium result.

And it's interesting that you note Max's form around Monaco. It really isn't good. I'm sure he'll hook it up eventually but for someone so incredibly talented you'd have expected to see something a bit more after the 4 races he's driven at this event. That said he did well to get into the points today so fair play to him there at least.

Only one podium so far this season - he's having a tough time of it. After an incredible end to last season I thought he was all set for this season. Not so. I just wonder whether the fact that he had such a meteoric rise saw him bypass the expected/natural sticky period that you'd expect for all young drivers at this level. Perhaps that phase has caught up with him and he's now 'doing his time'. It'll make him a stronger driver as a result of it though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4350: May 27, 2018 06:09:29 pm
      complete bore fest shouldn't be on the calendar I think Lewis made his feelings known after the race
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4351: May 27, 2018 08:30:43 pm
      What a day for Australian motor sport. Daniel Ricciardo wins the Monaco Grand Prix and Will Power wins the Indy 500.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4352: May 27, 2018 10:31:46 pm
      What a day for Australian motor sport. Daniel Ricciardo wins the Monaco Grand Prix and Will Power wins the Indy 500.

Any chance of Daniel going to Mercedes?  :roll:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4353: May 27, 2018 10:54:06 pm
      Any chance of Daniel going to Mercedes?  :roll:

Only if they have enough money left over after they've signed Lewis to a new deal! ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4354: May 29, 2018 09:03:33 pm
      https://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/status/1001211200670175232

One of the most bizarre yet intriguing moves - Ferrari chief designer moves to Alfa Romeo Sauber to take up the role of Technical Director. What's Sergio Marchionne playing at I wonder? As for Sauber, they haven't been this well staffed with that level of expertise since the days they were under BMW ownership! It wasn't that long ago that they were struggling to stay in the sport.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #4355: Jun 07, 2018 08:17:18 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      complete bore fest shouldn't be on the calendar I think Lewis made his feelings known after the race

If you eliminated borefests from the calendar, you would have about two races left. You don't race other drivers in Monaco, you race the circuit. One mistake and you're in the wall. Or your race is ruined as Verstappen found out. The onboard was live with his car at the time he planted it in the swimming pool, and his race was effectively done at that point.

Monaco has seen some of the greatest races of all time, but this year was a traditional Monaco race, processional. Montreal is like Melbourne, and it should be Hamilton's. After that comes the triple header, when Paul Ricard in France returns to the calendar. The circuit is mostly the same layout as it's last race in 1990, with a new chicane on the very long back straight the only significant change.

Many of us started watching the sport when Williams ruled the roost. Like most F1 fans, it's sad to see Williams where they currently are. The team has a Mercedes engine ffs. Either Claire has taken her eye off the ball, or Di Resta and Kubica must be really bad if they can't be better than Stroll and Sirotkin.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4356: Jun 08, 2018 05:37:50 pm
      For the life of me I just can't make any type of prediction for the Canadian GP from what I've seen/heard so far. Anyone any clues  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4357: Jun 09, 2018 01:52:57 pm
      For the life of me I just can't make any type of prediction for the Canadian GP from what I've seen/heard so far. Anyone any clues  :D

Tough one - but it looks like Mercedes are sandbagging a bit.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4358: Jun 09, 2018 02:06:10 pm

Really? Bloody hope so  :D As a ex handicapper will use clause 19 on them if true  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4359: Jun 09, 2018 05:07:03 pm
      Well I've watched all three practice sessions and still none the wiser  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4360: Jun 09, 2018 05:28:27 pm
      Well I've watched all three practice sessions and still none the wiser  ;D

All will be revealed soon!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4361: Jun 09, 2018 06:32:01 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4362: Jun 09, 2018 07:38:07 pm

Are you sure I'm going to be using clause 19 after Q3  :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4363: Jun 09, 2018 08:14:15 pm
      So it was Vettel! You can relax Keith - then again maybe not!

Third would have been decent for Lewis, in sight of Vettel, but Max bumping him down right at the end isn't a good result!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4364: Jun 09, 2018 08:21:50 pm
      So it was Vettel! You can relax Keith - then again maybe not!

Third would have been decent for Lewis, in sight of Vettel, but Max bumping him down right at the end isn't a good result!

Was so hoping you were right mate but I just couldn't see anyone having a edge from what I saw in P1 P2 & P3.

For the race itself I'm going to make a big call.  :o Verstappen for the win, Vettel 2nd & Hammy 3rd  :o Hoping I'm wrong obviously and Hammy takes it down.   :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4365: Jun 09, 2018 08:29:38 pm
      Was so hoping you were right mate but I just couldn't see anyone having a edge from what I saw in P1 P2 & P3.

For the race itself I'm going to make a big call.  :o Verstappen for the win, Vettel 2nd & Hammy 3rd  :o Hoping I'm wrong obviously and Hammy takes it down.   :D

Whenever you see Lewis beaten by his teammate in qualifying you just think is it going to be one of those "off" weekends he has on the odd occasion.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4366: Jun 10, 2018 09:09:09 am
      On paper this looks like one of the most exciting races of the season... Bring it on.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4367: Jun 10, 2018 09:58:54 am
      On paper this looks like one of the most exciting races of the season... Bring it on.  ;D

Fancy a 1-2 Merc victory & Lewis winning..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4368: Jun 10, 2018 10:27:10 am
      Think Mercedes on Hamiltons car were just not winding it up in Qualifying but his race pace should be good if he can get past Max.
      Hopefully if they can all get through this first lap unscathed it could be a classic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4369: Jun 10, 2018 07:01:41 pm
      Should be a good one.

Quick Reply