Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1

Read 572236 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4393: Jun 25, 2018 08:33:42 am
      Bottas Merc is carry floor damage, could explain why he is slower..

Even without floor damage he has always been slower that Hammy. Perfect No 2 for him coz he's never really a threat.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4394: Jun 25, 2018 08:34:34 am
      Easy as you like for Lewis. Needed that one made all the better thanks to Seb's error/penalty.

How on earth did he only get 5 second penalty?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4395: Jun 26, 2018 12:49:23 pm
      Race was over at the first corner. It was an expensive race for Vettel, considering that Austria and Silverstone are power tracks that Hamilton should win easily. Vettel can't really afford to wait until Hungaroring to deliver, because history shows that Hamilton grabs the bull by the horns to win the Championship, straight after the summer break.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4396: Jun 26, 2018 03:46:42 pm
      Race was over at the first corner. It was an expensive race for Vettel, considering that Austria and Silverstone are power tracks that Hamilton should win easily. Vettel can't really afford to wait until Hungaroring to deliver, because history shows that Hamilton grabs the bull by the horns to win the Championship, straight after the summer break.

Here's hoping you've called it spot on.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4397: Jun 27, 2018 11:01:25 pm

Apart from 2016 when it all went tits up for him after the summer break.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4398: Jun 30, 2018 01:08:55 pm
      Just being discussed on Channel 4 regarding the expected confirmation of Charles LeClerc as Vettel's team mate at Ferrari next year. Big big move and quite unlike Ferrari who have always been more prone to signing established drivers as 1 and 2. Class class driver - hope it isn't a season too early for him but that worry will always be there for hot prospects like him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4399: Jul 01, 2018 03:49:06 pm
      Terrific win by Verstappen. It was measured and most of all, mature. He's clearly worked hard in recent weeks to curb the on track excesses that caused him to have a bad start to the season and it's shown today. Ferrari looked the superb at managing the tyres in the hot conditions but just didn't really have the track position to take what on another day could have been a win.

Mercedes? What a disaster. Cocked up on the strategy, couldn't manage the tyres on Hamilton well enough and then a double retirement to top it all off. Terrible day, much of it self inflicted stemming from that non existant strategy call that cost Lewis comfortable control of the race at the front.

Driver of the day looks like it was Alonso though. Eighth place after a terrible weekend in terms of pace and having to start from the pit lane as well. Superb.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4400: Jul 01, 2018 04:25:57 pm
      I'm with you on Verstappen frankly. Not sure I really want to say anything about Merc apart from maybe the knew updates contributed to there downfall? Pending their inquiries as to what happened wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the old set up till further analysis made?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4401: Jul 01, 2018 04:28:31 pm
      I'm with you on Verstappen frankly. Not sure I really want to say anything about Merc apart from maybe the knew updates contributed to there downfall? Pending their inquiries as to what happened wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the old set up till further analysis made?

Did go through my head that especially after hearing back in Canada a few weeks back that there were quality control issues with it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4402: Jul 06, 2018 11:06:27 am
      Grosjean off again! What a c**t of a driver he is. Big liability not just for his team but other drivers on the track same time as him.  :f_steam:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4403: Jul 06, 2018 11:19:16 am
      Grosjean off again! What a c**t of a driver he is. Big liability not just for his team but other drivers on the track same time as him.  :f_steam:

Cost Alonso the title at Ferrari.
      Too prone to switching off, which is never a good trait for a racing driver.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4404: Jul 07, 2018 12:56:34 pm
      nasty crash for Hartley when he had a suspension failure but he is ok .The circuit is so bumpy it looks like Silverstone fell for the old knock at the door and the dodgy looking bloke saying "were just in your area doing some tarmacking ". Vettel has a bad neck and didn't do much in the session
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4405: Jul 07, 2018 03:12:52 pm
      Incredible performance by Hammy. Honestly didn't think he could beat Vettel on that last qualifying lap. Seriously one of the best drivers ever to grace this great sport. Wish I could predict outcome for tomorrow but Ferrari going to make it hard work.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4406: Jul 07, 2018 03:29:14 pm
      He has a knack of timing his best lap at the right time just an incredible driver/racer
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4407: Jul 08, 2018 08:21:51 am
      He has a knack of timing his best lap at the right time just an incredible driver/racer

He does, that's why he will go down as one of the all time greats of F1. If he wins today the record books open again. Not only will he be the first driver to win the race 6 times, he also becomes the first driver to win it 5 years in succession.

Barring any mishaps it's surely going to be Merc/Ferrari 1-2-3-4 today given the new upgrades of Ferrari. A bit predictable I know but can you really call this one? Obviously my heart is for the Hammer  :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4408: Jul 08, 2018 12:58:11 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      He does, that's why he will go down as one of the all time greats of F1. If he wins today the record books open again. Not only will he be the first driver to win the race 6 times, he also becomes the first driver to win it 5 years in succession.

Barring any mishaps it's surely going to be Merc/Ferrari 1-2-3-4 today given the new upgrades of Ferrari. A bit predictable I know but can you really call this one?

You have answered your own question. Silverstone is a circuit that suits Mercedes, so it's no surprise that Hamilton is on pole and has the success he has there.

Had to laugh at his comments about how the track is though. When they first went to Baku, he laughed at the other drivers complaining about how bumpy it was, telling them they have it too easy with all the new billiard table circuits. Now it's his turn.

Motorsport is supposed to be physically challenging. The all time greats of the sport knew that a mistake could be very serious every race. From halo devices to tarmac run offs to safety cars for rain, the current generation have the life of Reilly by comparison. It's not the same.
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018 01:02:26 pm by lfc across the water »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4409: Jul 08, 2018 01:48:40 pm
      In all the years I've watched the British Grand Prix I don't ever remember it looking as parched as this. It's usually one of the greenest races but the ground is yellow - like California!

More importantly given how searingly got the weather is, that must be advantage to the Ferrari's given their greater ability to manage their tyres in the hotter conditions.

Edit: King Kenny on the grid being interviewed by DC!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4410: Jul 08, 2018 01:50:21 pm
      In all the years I've watched the British Grand Prix I don't ever remember it looking as parched as this. It's usually one of the greenest races but the ground is yellow - like California!

More importantly given how searingly got the weather is, that must be advantage to the Ferrari's given their greater ability to manage their tyres in the hotter conditions.

The warmest I can remember it as well.

Like you I think it could play into Ferraris hands.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4411: Jul 08, 2018 02:22:50 pm
      Raikkonen has to get penalty for that on Hammy  :f_steam:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4412: Jul 08, 2018 02:26:22 pm
      Raikkonen has to get penalty for that on Hammy  :f_steam:

Got one. But Ferrari get a bonus.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4413: Jul 08, 2018 02:27:58 pm
      Unfortunate for Lewis but he's doing well coming through the field.

Shout out to LeClerc as well running in the points at the moment.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4414: Jul 08, 2018 02:29:30 pm
      Rapid recovery by Lewis.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4415: Jul 08, 2018 02:31:34 pm
      Got one. But Ferrari get a bonus.

So unfair, he only gets 10 seconds yet Hammy has to come from over 30 seconds behind.

Quick Reply