Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572127 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4692: Feb 14, 2019 10:11:44 pm
      Merc is growing on me but I got to admit I like that stealth, tactical look of Haas with Renault 2nd..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4693: Feb 14, 2019 10:24:04 pm

One of my favourites. Although I'm biased when it comes to yellow and blue race cars.

Only Ferrari left now.

The Alfa Romeo testing livery, if that's what it is, was lush.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4694: Feb 15, 2019 01:17:31 pm
      Ferrari

Matt paint work is a feature for 2019
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4695: Feb 15, 2019 08:28:03 pm
      Ferrari

Matt paint work is a feature for 2019

Will it topple Mercedes? That is the question!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #4696: Feb 15, 2019 08:42:15 pm
      Will it topple Mercedes? That is the question!

Well, as F1 is now fully on PPV apart from the British GP, sadly I don't really care. I may watch the highlights.

But seriously, I think this will depend on who can bend the rules long enough before getting caught. Mercedes seem to be very good at this, and catching others.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4697: Feb 15, 2019 08:49:39 pm
      Well, as F1 is now fully on PPV apart from the British GP, sadly I don't really care. I may watch the highlights.

But seriously, I think this will depend on who can bend the rules long enough before getting caught. Mercedes seem to be very good at this, and catching others.

sh*t,you've just reminded me of that RP.

Highlights for me as well then.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4698: Feb 15, 2019 09:12:24 pm
      Sh*t,you've just reminded me of that RP.

Sky lost the rights?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4699: Feb 15, 2019 09:25:29 pm
      Sh*t,you've just reminded me of that RP.

Internet streaming for me.

The thought of paying Ā£40 a month for Sky (just to watch 2 races, the quality of which is never guaranteed in f1) is a desperate situation. It's sad to see people like Martin Brundle milking it on Sky now and promoting their grubby work all for a few hundred thousand viewers when back in the day he was broadcasting to millions upon millions of us is sad.

It arguably stops becoming a mainstream sport just like Sky did for cricket.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #4700: Feb 15, 2019 10:08:18 pm

Sky's PPV. We're on about free to air.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4701: Feb 16, 2019 12:05:19 am

Mercedes bent the rules long enough last season to leap frog Ferrari,
      and then the pressure on Ferrari did the rest.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4702: Feb 17, 2019 12:55:27 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Internet streaming for me.

The thought of paying Ā£40 a month for Sky (just to watch 2 races, the quality of which is never guaranteed in f1) is a desperate situation. It's sad to see people like Martin Brundle milking it on Sky now and promoting their grubby work all for a few hundred thousand viewers when back in the day he was broadcasting to millions upon millions of us is sad.

It arguably stops becoming a mainstream sport just like Sky did for cricket.

I believe that 3 live races per season have to be made available on their non ppv channels. 1 of them will probably be their home race, because it's also available on another network.

These days you get comprehensive coverage of every race weekend of the season, and live interactive services that save you having to listen to Croft. For the next 2 weeks, they cover every test live. Before they arrived, you would get the qualifying session and the race live, with commercial breaks missing the key moments, and then off air asap. There would be no coverage of practice sessions, testing, or anything else. People complain about having to pay a bit for it, but they get what they pay for.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4703: Feb 17, 2019 09:09:00 pm
      I believe that 3 live races per season have to be made available on their non ppv channels. 1 of them will probably be their home race, because it's also available on another network.

These days you get comprehensive coverage of every race weekend of the season, and live interactive services that save you having to listen to Croft. For the next 2 weeks, they cover every test live. Before they arrived, you would get the qualifying session and the race live, with commercial breaks missing the key moments, and then off air asap. There would be no coverage of practice sessions, testing, or anything else. People complain about having to pay a bit for it, but they get what they pay for.

We got everything free (all practice sessions, quali, race) on the BBC with no ad breaks.

You're quite frankly an idiot if you're paying that money for 20 odd races a year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4704: Feb 17, 2019 09:43:43 pm

We got everything free (all practice sessions, quali, race) on the BBC with no ad breaks.

You're quite frankly an idiot if you're paying that money for 20 odd races a year.

I want VAR ruling   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4705: Feb 18, 2019 06:20:08 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

Except you're not paying it for just 20 odd races a year. You're getting F1 coverage every day of the year, and all the support races/categories live, (along with all the other sports they cover) That's how Leclerc and Norris and Russell to name a few, got their foot into F1. It's thorough and comprehensive coverage, and compared to what was available before they got the rights, it's the difference between night and day.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4706: Feb 18, 2019 06:21:08 pm
      Except you're not paying it for just 20 odd races a year. You're getting F1 coverage every day of the year, and all the support races/categories live, (along with all the other sports they cover) That's how Leclerc and Norris and Russell to name a few, got their foot into F1. It's thorough and comprehensive coverage, and compared to what was available before they got the rights, it's the difference between night and day.

That may well be but some of us simply can't justify the extra cost mate even if you get that comprehensive coverage.

I love F1 and motorsport in general but simply cannot justify paying to watch it with all the other expenses we have in the house.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4707: Feb 18, 2019 07:12:35 pm

If thereā€™s one word McLaren shouldnā€™t be using, itā€™s ā€œContenderā€, Iā€™m expecting another pathetic season from them, only difference now is that they wonā€™t have Alonso getting them semi respectable finishes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4708: Feb 18, 2019 07:26:53 pm
      If thereā€™s one word McLaren shouldnā€™t be using, itā€™s ā€œContenderā€, Iā€™m expecting another pathetic season from them, only difference now is that they wonā€™t have Alonso getting them semi respectable finishes.

Yea, if that car hasn't improved massively on last year McLaren are going to struggle I feel.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4709: Feb 18, 2019 07:39:01 pm
      Williams having no car until Wednesday it seems.

You have to wonder what they do all winter as it's not as if testing is a surpise announcement.

So sad to see such a great team of the past in this mess.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4710: Feb 18, 2019 08:50:55 pm
      Williams having no car until Wednesday it seems.

You have to wonder what they do all winter as it's not as if testing is a surpise announcement.

So sad to see such a great team of the past in this mess.

So true. I don't have much hopes for them this season and I struggle to see where their next break will come from. At the start of the hybrid era in 2014, they were blessed to have the Mercedes and a solid chassis to make them a front running team once again. That was wonderful to see. But their decline since, despite still enjoying the benefits that the Merc engine has provided, has been alarming and last year was a depressing sight. Seeing them trailing at the arse end of the grid with two pay drivers (many people would say undeserving of their place in the sport) made such a placement on the grid unsurprising and, dare I say it, deserved.

On the driver front, I'd be astonished if the return of Kubica didn't turn out to be a total damp squib. That said, I have high hopes for George Russell, he looks to be a fine young talent and I back him to outdo Kubica this season. Likewise with Lando Norris in McLaren who despite a somewhat disappointing GP2 (even though he finished runner up to Russell in GP2) had had a pretty meteoric rise thanks to his skill. Although at age 18 I fear that it may have come a little too quickly for the guy.

That will be the most fascinating aspect of this season for me. Britain is blessed to have two phenomenal young drivers in the f1 ranks this year and if they do well then the post Lewis era may not be too bad for British fans.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4711: Feb 20, 2019 11:34:24 am
      The Ferrari seems to have an aggressive change of pitch under breaking, snapping from low pitch to high rake.
      I wonder will we see a protest arrive before the season starts.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4712: Feb 21, 2019 06:34:54 pm
      The Ferrari seems to have an aggressive change of pitch under breaking, snapping from low pitch to high rake.
      I wonder will we see a protest arrive before the season starts.

What do you think is going on?

Do Mercedes still have a low rake car like last year?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4713: Feb 21, 2019 10:27:22 pm
      What do you think is going on?

Do Mercedes still have a low rake car like last year?

Mercedes have the same low rake as previous cars.
      Could be something in the hydraulics but it would need to be passive.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4714: Feb 21, 2019 10:29:38 pm

Quick Reply