Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572196 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4715: Mar 01, 2019 06:43:20 pm
      There goes another pre season and it has to be said Ferrari look the business. Potentially, the fastest they've been since the glory days of Schumacher in the early 00s. Mercedes have got their work cut out!

Looks like McLaren have made some respectable progress as well - best pre season for them for a good few years (or should that be most drama free!). Don't know about them edging Fernando closer to the fold. The announcement that he is pencilled in to do some test days with them is great news for all who are fans of the guy but potentially bad news for young Lando Norris who may feel unnecessary pressure knowing that Alonso is sitting in the wings.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4716: Mar 01, 2019 09:10:06 pm
      There goes another pre season and it has to be said Ferrari look the business. Potentially, the fastest they've been since the glory days of Schumacher in the early 00s. Mercedes have got their work cut out!

I honestly thought Mercedes were sand bagging but not convinced anymore. The red car ( as hammy puts it )) looking exceptional so far.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4717: Mar 01, 2019 09:31:39 pm
      I honestly thought Mercedes were sand bagging but not convinced anymore. The red car ( as hammy puts it )) looking exceptional so far.

Fastest Ferrari in a long time.
      Game on.

Pressure on Seb could be twofold though. Leclerc is bloody fast.

Red Bull not finished strongly.
      Midfield battle will be huge.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4718: Mar 01, 2019 10:06:15 pm
      Think Merc  know how to develop a Car throughout a season and they will be difficult to beat especially if Hamilton gets inside Vettel's head again. I hope we see McClaren and Williams back up the grid its been painful to watch these past few years
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4719: Mar 06, 2019 10:04:10 pm
      Had high hopes for Williams fortunes when it was announced that Paddy Lowe was joining them. But it's turned out to be a f**king disaster. You've seriously got to question Claire Williams's management of the team. I do worry for their future in this sport.

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1103405923668762624

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4720: Mar 06, 2019 10:24:17 pm
      Had high hopes for Williams fortunes when it was announced that Paddy Lowe was joining them. But it's turned out to be a f**king disaster. You've seriously got to question Claire Williams's management of the team. I do worry for their future in this sport.

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1103405923668762624

The team is in a total mess.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4721: Mar 06, 2019 10:55:47 pm
      Sad to see such an iconic team fall away.
      Thought they were going to really challenge in the Hybrid era but they've become a technology company first and F1 team second.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4722: Mar 08, 2019 06:46:17 pm
      Interesting perspective on the failings at Williams.

https://twitter.com/PeterDWindsor/status/1103731292217241603
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4723: Mar 08, 2019 09:31:54 pm
      What do we think of the extra point for fastest lap then folks?

I think I like the idea.

Off to watch some of 'Formula 1 Drive To Survive' on Netflix.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4724: Mar 08, 2019 11:16:28 pm
      What do we think of the extra point for fastest lap then folks?

I think I like the idea.

Off to watch some of 'Formula 1 Drive To Survive' on Netflix.

Watched the first episode of Drive To Survive just earlier. I'm undecided on it - I could do without the commentary snippets which on the large part are so obviously scripted for the documentary. I definitely think they could be a bit braver and have a no holds barred approach to it because we all know the sorts of politics and drama that goes on every weekend. That said I did like the personal touches to Ricciardo's story especially hearing his mum's perspective. But Guenther Steiner telling Gene Haas on the phone 'we fu**ed up' is not exactly anyone's idea of juicy inside action but seeing as it has been commissioned by Liberty I think the last thing they'd want is something that looks like a political circus (which it is!). If they pushed the door open any further they'd probably get accused of doing an expose on the very sport they own! Will definitely watch episode 2 to see how this goes though before settling on a definite opinion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4725: Mar 08, 2019 11:23:53 pm
      Watched the first episode of Drive To Survive just earlier. I'm undecided on it - I could do without the commentary snippets which on the large part are so obviously scripted for the documentary. I definitely think they could be a bit braver and have a no holds barred approach to it because we all know the sorts of politics and drama that goes on every weekend. That said I did like the personal touches to Ricciardo's story especially hearing his mum's perspective. But Guenther Steiner telling Gene Haas on the phone 'we fu**ed up' is not exactly anyone's idea of juicy inside action but seeing as it has been commissioned by Liberty I think the last thing they'd want is something that looks like a political circus (which it is!). If they pushed the door open any further they'd probably get accused of doing an expose on the very sport they own! Will definitely watch episode 2 to see how this goes though before settling on a definite opinion.

I'm on Episode 3 now mate and pretty much agree with you and it's as I expected. Pretty tame with no huge insight but great to get those more personal touches with the drivers.

This Episode brings Williams into it more and for me Lance Stroll sounds a little like a spoilt brat and seems to play up to Daddy when on radio. Not sure if I'm reading too much into it so be interested to see what others think.

I'll watch it all as I do still love the sport but not expecting any groundbreaking stuff along the way.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4726: Mar 10, 2019 07:05:15 pm
      Watched the highlights of the Hong Kong round of the Formula E Championship. Have to say I enjoyed it very much after dipping in and out of it the last few years and coming out largely unimpressed.

Question being - will Formula E displace F1 as the premier motor racing category in the coming years and decades?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4727: Mar 14, 2019 07:38:47 pm
      It's really shocking and so sad to hear that Charlie Whiting passed away yesterday so unexpectedly. He was in a position of much power and responsibility to make the sport as safe as it is and there's no doubt he carried out that duty to the highest level. He's been a name associated with the sport for as long as I've watched it (always heard about him, rarely saw him!) and that he continued to hold such a prominent and important position in the sport right up until the very end speaks volumes for just how respected he was. Given how rapidly that sport changes and the intricacies and impossibilities of trying to interpret and implement the rules, you have to say that is remarkable. But it's another thing altogether being tasked with the responsibility of keeping the drivers safe. That he did that for so many years means that there are a lot of drivers out there who owe him so much.

It will be a very sombre few weeks for the sport.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4728: Mar 14, 2019 08:26:43 pm
      We got everything free (all practice sessions, quali, race) on the BBC with no ad breaks.

You're quite frankly an idiot if you're paying that money for 20 odd races a year.

Sky want £120 per year for their F1 channel, on top of the usual subs. The Live F1 Sport dead in this country.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #4729: Mar 15, 2019 05:54:28 pm
      How can one still follow this sorry piece of sport? It died when Senna died and 5 left. Done.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4730: Mar 15, 2019 06:34:30 pm
      How can one still follow this sorry piece of sport? It died when Senna died and 5 left. Done.

Same as one follows football!! It's in the blood. If you don't like it then ignore the thread as let us enthusiastic sorry piece of fans enjoy posting on it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4731: Mar 15, 2019 06:38:17 pm

If you don't care about it then kindly leave the nonsense you spout for other threads.

Some of us come in here to discuss the sport with like-minded people.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4732: Mar 15, 2019 06:38:59 pm

'It died when Senna died' ie the most cliched bullshit spouted by total n*b heads who seek an opinion on everything even if they are coming at it from the most uneducated/ignorant position.

But then again, coming from you I can't say I'm surprised.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4733: Mar 15, 2019 09:04:38 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4734: Mar 15, 2019 10:55:47 pm

Gave you the benefit of the doubt on negative posting vs WUM already but that's line crossed for me.
      Nothing but pure WUM in that post.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4735: Mar 16, 2019 06:26:43 am
      Decent first qualifying session for Hammy. However, gloves yet to come off just yet as plenty of sand bagging going on.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4736: Mar 16, 2019 06:45:55 am
      Qualifying 2

Both Renaults out  :f_doh:
      Red car so far not backed up pre testing (( sand bagging? ))

Mercs looking good so far.

Q3. Now let's take the breaks off.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4737: Mar 16, 2019 07:03:30 am
      NORMAL SERVICE RESUMES  :lmao:

GET IN THERE HAMMY LAD.  :drinking:

Quick Reply