Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572091 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4761: Apr 03, 2019 05:12:20 pm
      Vettels biggest problem is that mentally he’s not as strong as Hamilton. Hamilton doesn’t let anything faze him but it seems Vettel sometimes worries more about what Hamilton is doing than concentrating on his own performance and results in Vettel making mistakes that a 4 time world champion shouldn’t be making.

For the last year, Hamilton has essentially had Vettel in his pocket.

The only driver to get under Hamilton’s skin was Rosberg who threw the towel in too easy, If Nico was still driving I think he would have been a double Merc champion but that one season Lewis really fu**ed Rosberg mentally to the point he didn’t even defend his title..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4762: Apr 03, 2019 07:02:07 pm
      The only driver to get under Hamilton’s skin was Rosberg who threw the towel in too easy, If Nico was still driving I think he would have been a double Merc champion but that one season Lewis really fu**ed Rosberg mentally to the point he didn’t even defend his title..

It seems Rosberg had maxed out that season and I think if he had gone on beyond that season then I could not see him beating Lewis again. I'm sure he knew this more than most which was a major reason in his decision. Also I think Nico said that his personal life was taking a hit such was the effort he put in in 2016 in that he couldn't dedicate himself to those close to him in the way he wanted to.

Hamilton always felt a slight paranoia when Rosberg was around. Rosberg obviously had been at the team for a few seasons by time Lewis arrived and in that time Nico had obviously built up relations with engineers and mechanics that naturally ensured a great deal of respect and sympathy towards the guy. On the contrary, and taking all this into account, it must have been quite hard for Nico to see Lewis come in and see him take the first (and second) title for Mercedes in so many decades, perhaps something he thought could (and should?) have been his. Given all this, it would have been easy, as Lewis sometimes hinted at, that the team were working in favour of Rosberg (such as the 'somebody doesn't want me to win this' outburst after his engine blew in Malaysia 2016 which was probably the defining moment of that season's title battle).

With regards to Vettel - his mental game has always been a bit suspect. I mean who can forget this, on the end of a ferocious drive from Jenson Button? (probably the greatest race of the last 10 years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9zgL7iyNDs
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4763: Apr 14, 2019 07:45:07 am
      Great start for Hammy and Mercedes as a whole. However, letting Vettle through on team orders already looking like a mistake.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #4764: Apr 14, 2019 08:04:08 am
      Great start for Hammy and Mercedes as a whole. However, letting Vettle through on team orders already looking like a mistake.

Joke to be using team orders this early in the season. Hope Vettel fucks it!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4765: Apr 14, 2019 08:06:24 am
      Mercedes just on another level - makes it boring
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4766: Apr 14, 2019 08:11:07 am
      Joke to be using team orders this early in the season. Hope Vettel fucks it!!

Leclerc race severely compromised by team orders. Can't understand why so early in the season team orders  being used. Vettle a right c**t. The young pretender ( Leclerc ) already proved in first two races that he deserves his chance on a level playing field...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4767: Apr 14, 2019 08:12:14 am
      Mercedes just on another level - makes it boring

You have a point but when your a Hammy fan it doesn't feel that bad.  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4768: Apr 14, 2019 02:05:46 pm
      Leclerc race severely compromised by team orders. Can't understand why so early in the season team orders  being used. Vettle a right c**t. The young pretender ( Leclerc ) already proved in first two races that he deserves his chance on a level playing field...

Don’t agree with it at all. F**k team orders, if Leclerc is racing better than Vettel then that’s Vettel’s problem that he needs to deal with, don’t be a bi*ch and cry about it and have your team mate suffer as a result.

I haven’t seen the race but it sounds like typical Vettel.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4769: Apr 30, 2019 09:19:39 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4770: Apr 30, 2019 10:14:45 pm
      Is this the year we start to see some progress from McLaren?

Promising start this season which I hope they build on.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4771: May 19, 2019 10:47:15 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4772: May 19, 2019 11:16:39 pm

They really are outdoing themselves every year at the moment aren’t they.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4773: May 20, 2019 12:08:47 pm

The arrogance of McLaren only dwarfed by their incompetence.
      They've burned their bridges at Honda and it has well and truly bitten them hard at Indy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4774: May 21, 2019 07:13:02 am
      Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70. Sad news, seems he was in bad health.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4775: May 21, 2019 10:16:33 am
      Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70. Sad news, seems he was in bad health.

Apparently he had a lung transplant last August.

Sad news, one of the greats. RIP
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4776: May 21, 2019 10:59:15 am
      Very  very sad news. RIP
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4777: May 21, 2019 11:15:18 am
      RIP Niki.
      Going to miss his honest/blunt insight.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4778: May 21, 2019 11:25:26 am
      RIP Niki...

One of F1’s greats...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4779: May 21, 2019 06:17:39 pm
      So sad to read of the news this morning. I first learnt of Lauda in a Dorling Kindersley book on F1 that I would loan from my library seemingly ever few weeks when I was 10 upon becoming a proper obsessive of the sport. I think it was the fact that he came back from near death just weeks later to race again that made him stick out more than most. It's impossible to imagine the sort of willpower required to have done that when 99.9% of people would still be lying in the hospital bed with those sort of injuries. Heck, given that he received the last rites, most of us would have died. And yet he was back racing weeks later. It's unbelievable.

He's the definition of bravery, fight and spirit. A legend like all the other legends from the sports golden era who is incomparable and my god how I wish I was alive back then to have seen him and his fellow stars do what they did.

You think you hallow footballers and all that but then you get to a whole new level of respect when you read what drivers like Lauda did and had to go through. He'll be so sadly missed.

Rest in peace Niki.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2019 06:23:06 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4780: May 23, 2019 11:10:45 am
      Just can't see Leclerc getting round this track unscathed at some time. Almost sure he's going into barriers at some stage. I'd keep a wide birth betting him.  8)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4781: May 23, 2019 12:50:39 pm
      these Cars are just not suited to Monaco anymore its very much a lottery and zero overtaking chances.
      Very sad about Niki Lauda what a brave man and by all accounts a very down to earth good guy.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4782: May 24, 2019 08:31:57 pm
      these Cars are just not suited to Monaco anymore its very much a lottery and zero overtaking chances.
      Very sad about Niki Lauda what a brave man and by all accounts a very down to earth good guy.

And yet I love the Monaco Grand Prix! It's the sports first chance to touch its own glorious history and the imagery and glamour of that history alone makes it worthwhile in my opinion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4783: May 25, 2019 10:25:02 am
      10 years since Button and Brawn won the Monaco GP.
      Now here we stand with utter Mercedes domination.

Quick Reply