Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572116 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4830: Jun 17, 2019 11:20:54 pm
      Hamilton knows Vettel cracks under pressure and he applied it slowly and surely at the appropriate time and he cracked. Vettel could and should have given the place up and with his straight line speed he could have eased passed Hamilton with DRS at any point of his choosing. Vettel blew a gasket and just complained and moaned instead of trying to push on and get the Gap. Weak mentality by Vettel yet again it is his soft spot his driving is immense but he is flawed when the pressur eis on
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4831: Jun 18, 2019 06:35:22 pm
      This was a glorious car! Schumacher got on the podium in every race that season and he wrapped it up by mid July at the French Grand Prix from what I recall. Strangely it was the Williams BMW, particularly that of Juan Pablo Montoya's, which would dominate Saturday qualifying yet they would only come away with just one win that year courtesy of Ralf Schumacher in Malaysia and more often than not were blown away by the Scuderia come Sunday afternoon.

While that season was not a classic by any means, it was a perfect exemplification of the devastating combination of a team and driver hitting their performance peaks. And you can never overlook the design team led by Rory Byrne and Ross Brawn who helped make up (for me) the most complete sporting outfit I've ever seen.

Anyone fancy a whip round to see if we can bag this?!

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1141001622673215488
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4832: Jun 18, 2019 10:26:46 pm
      This was a glorious car! Schumacher got on the podium in every race that season and he wrapped it up by mid July at the French Grand Prix from what I recall. Strangely it was the Williams BMW, particularly that of Juan Pablo Montoya's, which would dominate Saturday qualifying yet they would only come away with just one win that year courtesy of Ralf Schumacher in Malaysia and more often than not were blown away by the Scuderia come Sunday afternoon.

While that season was not a classic by any means, it was a perfect exemplification of the devastating combination of a team and driver hitting their performance peaks. And you can never overlook the design team led by Rory Byrne and Ross Brawn who helped make up (for me) the most complete sporting outfit I've ever seen.

Anyone fancy a whip round to see if we can bag this?!

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1141001622673215488

will they do P/x I have no more space and would need to get rid of a Car.  How much will this go for with the Schui connection £5mil more ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4833: Jun 23, 2019 02:00:04 pm
      Hammy continues to leave his rivals  for dead and probably racing at his peak this season. It defies me how his passion never weakens for this great sport.

Vettel for me seems to have gone and no matter what he does continues to get it wrong. Will he retire?

Verstappen & Leclerc still the drivers of the future from what I've seen. Gasly continues to be a disappointment and just can't see him lasting at Red Bull.

Very impressed with our own ( British ) Lando Norris  who surly only time before he gets a top seat with the big 3.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4834: Jun 23, 2019 04:04:06 pm
      Hammy continues to leave his rivals  for dead and probably racing at his peak this season. It defies me how his passion never weakens for this great sport.

Vettel for me seems to have gone and no matter what he does continues to get it wrong. Will he retire?

Verstappen & Leclerc still the drivers of the future from what I've seen. Gasly continues to be a disappointment and just can't see him lasting at Red Bull.

Very impressed with our own ( British ) Lando Norris  who surly only time before he gets a top seat with the big 3.

I’ve already lost interest this season, can’t help but feel that F1 over the last few years has become so damn boring. It’s so predictable how it’s going to go finish. The only highlights I can see coming out of this season is Verstappen and LeClerc.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4835: Jun 23, 2019 09:27:21 pm
      Miles and miles of run off, tarmac either side resulting in easy to recover racing and muddied rule books. Everyone talks about how the cars don't allow for great racing but I think the biggest problem will always be the character of the circuits they are racing on.

The Paul Ricard circuit sums up the worst aspects of many Grand Prix racing tracks today. Gravel trap and grass would define the circuit limits and the driver would know about them. I no doubt believe that there are no gravel traps for 'safety reasons' and that tarmac runoffs are safer but such laws of safety don't apply when these same cars go racing in places like Monte Carlo. And it's a real shame because at the end of the day, these sanitised/glorifed car parks that make up much of the Grand Prix calendar (and a lot of Tilke's often dreaded 'new tracks' are the culprits) usually get bypassed in larger discussions and it's the drivers, the beautiful cars and everyone else who works their socks off every week that get the blame for disheartening racing like this.

As for the result of today's race - I don't think anyone ever doubted the outcome of who would come out on top. Lewis, despite the criticisms of the race, drove superbly all weekend and was clearly in a class of his own. Bottas shouldn't be too disheartened - he did as best as he could to get second place. It's laughable that there were comments by delinquents on twitter and the BBC Sport feed criticising Valtarri for his uncompetitiveness against Lewis today which is laughable because there is no driver who can live with Lewis's performance levels at the moment. He is at the absolute peak. Bottas will probably never be world champion material but like Rubens Barrichello at Ferrari he is the perfect second driver/understudy. Not too fast to disrupt the hierarchy at Mercedes but not too slow to sabotage efforts on the whole constructors championship effort (ala Heikki Kovalaeinen at McLaren in 2008). Unlike Barrichello at least he doesn't thrash around excuses of unfair treatment to cover for his obvious lack of speed up against his far superior team mate.

Oh and could someone at Haas do the decent thing and get rid of Romain Grosjean? He's a charlatan who is constantly crying foul of other drivers despite his own awful car wreck reputation in wheel to wheel combat and inability to keep all 4 wheels on the race track. I moaned above about miles and miles of runoff but then I think that must be inbuilt just for the fact that Grosjean is racing in this series. Seriously, I swear that guy has made more friends with armco barriers than he has with human beings throughout his time in f1.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4836: Jun 29, 2019 02:57:37 pm
      Vettel is fu**ed..starts from 9th tomorrow...issue with Ferrari..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4837: Jun 30, 2019 08:18:03 am
      Looking forward to see how the new kids on the block perform 1st & 2nd on the grid today. Who's going to lead going round first bend?? I'm going Verstappen. (( with my eyes  shut ))  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4838: Jun 30, 2019 09:23:39 am
      such short laps today Hamilton will enjoy this challenge and Max and Le Clerc will be interesting. Hamilton's penalty was nailed on there was no way they would let anything go given the recent outcry over Vettel.
      Should be a good race today and seeing McClaren improving is great.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4839: Jun 30, 2019 10:55:25 am
      Vettel is fu**ed..starts from 9th tomorrow...issue with Ferrari..

The issue with Ferrari is Vettel.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4840: Jun 30, 2019 01:46:41 pm

Can see Lewis replacing him at Ferrari..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4841: Jun 30, 2019 03:21:10 pm

NO NO NO   ;D

Great race today... COME ON Stabs  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4842: Jun 30, 2019 03:37:04 pm
      One of the best races ive seen.... Who said its getting boring  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4843: Jun 30, 2019 03:41:39 pm
      Norris to replace Gasly???
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4844: Jun 30, 2019 03:46:23 pm
      I hope Leclerc gets the win..pushed off the track in my opinion..,

NO NO NO   ;D

Great race today... COME ON Stabs  :lmao:

You been in London recently..😂

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4845: Jun 30, 2019 05:36:48 pm

Unless they hand him a record breaking and astronomical contract, I can’t see it happening.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4846: Jun 30, 2019 05:53:11 pm
      if Max has that taken away F1 is finished. He had the line he was on full lock and he had the inside line it was just Leclerc didn't want to give up the position.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4847: Jun 30, 2019 06:57:57 pm
      No penalty for Max at Austria GP.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4848: Jun 30, 2019 07:07:05 pm
      Unless they hand him a record breaking and astronomical contract, I can’t see it happening.

Tottaly agree....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4849: Jun 30, 2019 07:10:35 pm
      Lewis is a Mercedes man end off unless some other team has a faster Car to offer him then he would be off like a shot he wants to win GP's if its with Mercedes great if not he would be off.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4850: Jun 30, 2019 07:25:48 pm
      Would love to see Lewis in a Ferrari. It is the ultimate ambition for any f1 driver and what with the failures of Alonso and Vettel (unless he can stage a remarkable upturn in fortune next season) the glory obtained by the driver who cements the Scuderia's position back at the top of the sport will be the sweetest.

But I feel that the moment has gone for him. Ideally they'd have liked him a few years ago when he was a bit younger. They'll want a driver who is about to enter his peak and could feasibly last there for a decade or so in the vain of Schumacher in the mid 90s. Verstappen should be their man for the future.

Probably best for Lewis to see out his career at Mercedes.

p.s - good to see Max keep his win today. Would have been a almighty hammer to the nail in the coffin of this sport if he'd had it taken away from him. Same cu*ts complaining about that are the same cu*ts who moaned about every little thing Schumacher did.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019 07:30:09 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4851: Jun 30, 2019 07:29:36 pm
      Lewis is at the peak of his career now he has this year nailed on and will be motivated to do it again next season.
      It was great to see Leclerc and Max battle it our and young Norris is really impressing me at 19 years of age in a so so Car. Mercs were in procession mode today unable to cope with the heat  and it will be different for the British GP.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4852: Jun 30, 2019 08:25:56 pm
      Glad the stewards didn't take that away from Max.

Great drive and I don't think there's many better at the moment at chasing down cars in front than him.

On Lewis and Ferrari, like you guys I'd love to see him in the red car before he retires but just can't see him leaving Mercedes. You never know though if he wins the title again this season he might see it as one challenge before he finishes.

Quick Reply