Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572101 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4853: Jul 12, 2019 10:30:52 am
      Only Grosjean could do that. What a pr!ck, how's he still driving in F1?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4854: Jul 12, 2019 06:34:28 pm
      Looking good for a great weekend of Racing cant really see past Lewis for this one although Bottas is looking good today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4855: Jul 12, 2019 06:36:48 pm
      Only Grosjean could do that. What a pr!ck, how's he still driving in F1?

Preach Keith. I personally can't stand the guy. Always crying foul on others actions yet the worst kind of hazard to others on track and his own team. Truth be told, he should never have been allowed back into the sport following his destruction derby driving that endangered the life of Fernando Alonso at Spa a few years back.

Haas will continue being a joke team with him and Magnussen in the team. Two ungrateful, vastly overrated and undeserving drivers in my view.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4856: Jul 12, 2019 06:44:03 pm
      Just a thought but have Williams turned up working for them at the moment must be torture.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4857: Jul 14, 2019 02:46:03 pm
      Just flicking between this and the tennis. Good lord, what awesome, smart and defensive driving from Charles Leclerc!

Lewis takes the lead on the safety car.

p.s - nice to see a car beached in the gravel rather than carrying on into a tarmac runoff without punishment. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4858: Jul 14, 2019 04:29:45 pm
      What the hell was Vettel thinking?! Drove straight into the back of Verstappen and sent him off the track. Expect that sh*t from Grosjean.

Vettel for who was so dominant for a number of years, he’s really starting to take the shine off his career since Hamilton has fu**ed him up mentally.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4859: Jul 14, 2019 09:47:02 pm
      What the hell was Vettel thinking?! Drove straight into the back of Verstappen and sent him off the track. Expect that sh*t from Grosjean.

Vettel for who was so dominant for a number of years, he’s really starting to take the shine off his career since Hamilton has fu**ed him up mentally.

Said it few weeks ago Vettel finished for me at the top, wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes this his last year.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4860: Jul 16, 2019 07:35:49 pm

Said it few weeks ago Vettel finished for me at the top, wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes this his last year.

Ironically that crash with Max reminded me a bit of Jos Verstappen doing the same to Montoya in Brazil 2001...albeit Jos was getting lapped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgRG8aJX-0

Weird one wasn't it? Vettel's wheel to wheel racing has always been suspect - you can think back to even his first world title in 2010 when he needlessly wrecked Red Bull's race in Turkey (memorably coming together with Mark Webber) and then there was a truly bizarre move on Button where he crashed into the side of the Brit in Spa. Back then it was merely dismissed as immaturity (he was still incredibly young) but 9 years later he continues to do the same thing. And I am slowly coming to Keith's opinion on this - he looks finished at the top. Which is a real shame because he is/was, at his best, a wonderful wonderful driver who had the raw speed that struck fear and produced groans from his rivals. Attempts to revive his glory in 2017 and 2018 with two hard fought battles with Lewis where he was ultimately exposed has probably left him with little left in the tank.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4861: Jul 17, 2019 05:18:31 pm
      Read an article of Vettel saying about how there are too many rules in F1. - maybe just don’t crash into the back of people or deliberately run people wide would be a start lad.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4862: Jul 17, 2019 10:42:39 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton

He's depressed. Mind you, I think most people bar the Hamilton Ultras who rejoice at him finishing half a minute clear every race, are fairly depressed with the state of racing these days. 5 years the Mercs have monopolised the sport race in race out, and I reckon most neutrals are fairly fed up with it at this stage. Hamilton doesn't have much competition in his own team atm, let alone the rest of the field.

When you see the likes of Williams struggling to finish 18th every race, you know there's something wrong. Then you see the Gaslys and the Grosjeans of the field who offer nothing except mediocrity, at most.

Onto Germany next. Vettel better have his Weetabix going into that race because if he's uncompetitive there, we'll know he has more problems than what we see on track. As for Ferrari, Binotto won't be there much longer. He looks out of his depth, he doesn't inspire people, and Ferrari won't hesitate to find someone else they think can do a better job.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #4863: Jul 21, 2019 07:42:43 pm
      I try to watch as many F1 races as I can. I always thought that F1 was the best. The engineering  and technology is amazing. Years ahead of anything currently on the road. But I watched the French GP and is it safe to say it was boring? First that track with all those concentric blue and purple lines was just weird and flat. I watched Monaco and it was cool but that French GP was terrible.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4864: Jul 28, 2019 03:17:36 pm
      Great race this!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4865: Jul 28, 2019 04:20:17 pm
      absolutely bonkers race Mercedes really fu**ed up big time on more than one occasion . Glad to see Max win again but well done to Vettel quality race by him.
      IJ_Statspert
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #4866: Aug 09, 2019 01:35:36 pm
      Sad to see Max loose the last one. Mercs won thanks to the strategy call :mad:
      IJ_Statspert
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #4867: Aug 09, 2019 01:52:34 pm
      Lewis is a Mercedes man end off unless some other team has a faster Car to offer him then he would be off like a shot he wants to win GP's if its with Mercedes great if not he would be off.

He might want to end up at Ferrari like all major drivers do! but will only happen in 2021 after rule change!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #4868: Aug 22, 2019 09:16:16 pm
      He might want to end up at Ferrari like all major drivers do! but will only happen in 2021 after rule change!

I don’t know mate. Ferrari seems to be a bit of a poisoned chalice imo. Huge pressure and expectation, whilst even if a success one would always be compared back to Schumacher and who would ever match what he did in a Ferrari! Don’t really see the upside imo.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4869: Aug 23, 2019 11:19:56 am

I don't think Hamilton is emotionally caught up in the lure of Ferrari and he gets enough money at Mercedes not to be tempted away. Everything is the right fit at Mercedes for Hamilton and he's seen rivals go there and fall away or be frustrated by the internal self destruction at Ferrari.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4870: Sep 07, 2019 03:16:03 pm
      Anyone just catch that madness in Q3?

Absolute shambles.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4871: Sep 07, 2019 03:32:28 pm

Absolute shambles.

Proper joke that, should be banned.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4872: Sep 07, 2019 10:53:29 pm

Absolute shambles.

Completely spoiled it for me, what a anti climax
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4873: Sep 08, 2019 03:32:04 pm
      Solid race by Leclerc, worthy winner & a future word champion..

Vettel is spent at Ferrari..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4874: Sep 08, 2019 03:40:57 pm

The post Hamilton future is very much set for Leclerc and Verstappen.

Shame to see what has become of Vettel. Went to Ferrari with big things but as you say looks a spent force now. I'd love to see, even for one race, that force of nature that he was (like when he won this very race in the wet in Toro Rosso in 2008) but I think Lewis finished him off in 2017 and 2018. Those 4 world titles at Red Bull seem a long long time ago now. The drop off is quite stark now and is reminiscent of Hakkinen in 2001 (even then he bagged himself a couple of race victories). He doesn't have the spark and he doesn't look like he's enjoying it. Will he even be in the sport next year?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4875: Sep 08, 2019 04:06:11 pm

Yep, enjoyed that one.

Vettel's head is definitely gone at the moment.

Quick Reply