Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1

Read 572100 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #4945: Jul 09, 2020 10:48:49 am
      Given the penalty I'm surprised Mercedes didn't call for Bottas to let Hamilton through.
      That said, if I was Bottas, I wouldn't be in a hurry to let him through even if they called it.

Made for a great finish though. Lando on fire at the moment.

It made more sense just from a constructors view racer. I agree Bottas wouldn't of like it but he is a No 2  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4946: Jul 13, 2020 12:16:40 pm
      It made more sense just from a constructors view racer. I agree Bottas wouldn't of like it but he is a No 2  :lmao:

Hamilton made amends this weekend and Lando is still throwing down those fire last laps.
      Great to have F1 back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4947: Jul 13, 2020 12:40:38 pm
      Hamilton made amends this weekend and Lando is still throwing down those fire last laps.
      Great to have F1 back.

Do you guys find F1 exciting, if so why, when it's so dominated by 1 team and 1 driver. Honestly I'm not trying to be contrary, I remember being quite into F1 about 20 years ago when the racing was a bit closer and the winner was not so obvious.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4948: Jul 13, 2020 01:23:49 pm
      Great to have F1 back.

In big fashion too  ;D That qualifying lap was exceptional. always said in the wet Hammy & Verstappen different class and so it proved once again. I had good bet on him getting pole due to the weather and decent bet for the win based on last weeks performance.

I reall do think he's better than Senna which some may say is a bold statement.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4949: Jul 13, 2020 01:27:03 pm
      Do you guys find F1 exciting, if so why, when it's so dominated by 1 team and 1 driver. Honestly I'm not trying to be contrary, I remember being quite into F1 about 20 years ago when the racing was a bit closer and the winner was not so obvious.

Man!! i can't go there with you  ;D  If your no longer a follower you won't understand  ;D
      I can understand why yesterday might be boring tp some  but certainly not when the wonga is on, thats the way you want them to win.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4950: Jul 13, 2020 01:41:05 pm
      In big fashion too  ;D That qualifying lap was exceptional. always said in the wet Hammy & Verstappen different class and so it proved once again. I had good bet on him getting pole due to the weather and decent bet for the win based on last weeks performance.

I reall do think he's better than Senna which some may say is a bold statement.

out of interest what kind of odds do you get for a Hamilton win??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4951: Jul 13, 2020 02:24:16 pm
      out of interest what kind of odds do you get for a Hamilton win??

21/20
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4952: Jul 13, 2020 02:56:08 pm

;D, evens in an F1 race, that about sums it up. So so predictable and boring these days and Hamilton driving round in Hitlers favourite car brand with no sense of irony 😉
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4953: Jul 13, 2020 04:09:02 pm
      ;D, evens in an F1 race, that about sums it up. So so predictable and boring these days

That's basically coz Hammy different class in wet conditions.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4954: Jul 14, 2020 02:31:16 pm

The final laps of quali, when Hamilton went 1.2 seconds clear.
      When it looked like Max would match him but spun out.

The last two laps, when Lando past 3 cars in 2 laps, after overhauling the gap to Hamilton similarly in the first race.

The behind the scenes coverage we get now, with Drive to Survive.

It might not be the peak Jordan days but I still find enough in it to keep me interested,
      even if this season now appears to lack a challenger for Mercedes, given the regression of Ferrari post engine fiasco.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4956: Jul 17, 2020 03:39:07 pm
      Quote from racerx34
      Given the penalty I'm surprised Mercedes didn't call for Bottas to let Hamilton through.
      That said, if I was Bottas, I wouldn't be in a hurry to let him through even if they called it.

Made for a great finish though. Lando on fire at the moment.

The penalty was for Hamilton's mistake. Bottas shouldn't have his race compromised because of it as well, especially in the first race of the season. He'll have more than enough of that to do, as the season goes on.

Like other sports, all those involved are repeatedly tested for the virus, with no positive results. Unlike other sports, social distancing is enforced at all times, they have to wear facerags at all times, and they're so horrible and uncomfortable to wear, that every driver has to adjust them during every interview, sometimes 2 or 3 times answering the same question. Repairing damaged cars for qualifying and races are also taking double the usual time, because of social distancing enforced in the garages.

We know why the facerags are worn but there has to be an allowance for essential work to be conducted under relatively normal circumstances, as in other sports. Drivers are not going to get the virus standing by the podium for a couple of minutes apart as they are, they have all tested negative multiple times over. Because of the requirement, the current podium and press interviews are unwatchable and at times inaudible. Unsurprisingly, I've heard and seen many complaints about it already from those in the bubble. It is really ott imo.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #4957: Jul 17, 2020 04:10:38 pm

Motorbikes are far more exciting to watch especially MotoGP. I find formula one boring also.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4958: Jul 17, 2020 08:16:48 pm
      Motorbikes are far more exciting to watch especially MotoGP. I find formula one boring also.

I love bikes especially road racing but still drawn to F1.

It's still the pinnacle of motor racing for me and always find something in a each race to keep me watching to be honest.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4959: Jul 21, 2020 03:31:34 pm
      I love bikes especially road racing but still drawn to F1.

It's still the pinnacle of motor racing for me and always find something in a each race to keep me watching to be honest.

I just wish it was a bit more fair in terms of equipment so we could really see who the best driver was, Hamilton is a very good driver, as are all F1 drivers, but I remember Schumacher squeezing the last bit of performance out of his Ferrari, same as Senna and the other greats, often beating drivers in technically superior cars, can Hamilton say he has done that when his Mercedes is so much better than every other car and has been for a long time now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4960: Jul 21, 2020 03:43:37 pm
      I just wish it was a bit more fair in terms of equipment so we could really see who the best driver was, Hamilton is a very good driver, as are all F1 drivers, but I remember Schumacher squeezing the last bit of performance out of his Ferrari, same as Senna and the other greats, often beating drivers in technically superior cars, can Hamilton say he has done that when his Mercedes is so much better than every other car and has been for a long time now.

Don't you think Hammy squeeze everything ? Bottas in same car can't compete with him. Hammy should be spoken about in the same breath as Senna & Schumacher

Schumacher was in the best car at his time so nothing new there.

In my opinion Hammy better than Senna & Schmacher and won't be long before he passes Schumacher's record.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4961: Jul 22, 2020 12:08:18 am
      Don't you think Hammy squeeze everything ? Bottas in same car can't compete with him. Hammy should be spoken about in the same breath as Senna & Schumacher

Schumacher was in the best car at his time so nothing new there.

In my opinion Hammy better than Senna & Schmacher and won't be long before he passes Schumacher's record.

Hamilton is not even close to Senna and Schumacher in terms of driving excellence, the only reason he has won so much is because he's in the best car. Schumacher did not have a vastly superior car as far as I recall, nor did Senna.
      In any case has Hamilton actually outlined the horrific racial abuse he's suffered within F1, he keeps telling people like Jackie Stuart to educate themselves on the issues but refuses to tell us anything.
      For the record Hamilton grew up in a very comfortable middle class household which had enough money to indulge his ambition to go carting, not cheap at all. He was then handpicked by the best karting teams and then fast tracked into the McLaren development programme, being selected ahead of more talented white kids, oh the abuse he must have felt at that time. As soon as he entered F1 his every whim has been granted, again horrendous treatment.
      Now he has become the wokest man alive despite being a tax dodging tw*t who drives for Hitlers favourite car make.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4962: Jul 22, 2020 08:09:07 am
      Hamilton is not even close to Senna and Schumacher in terms of driving excellence, the only reason he has won so much is because he's in the best car. Schumacher did not have a vastly superior car as far as I recall, nor did Senna.
      In any case has Hamilton actually outlined the horrific racial abuse he's suffered within F1, he keeps telling people like Jackie Stuart to educate themselves on the issues but refuses to tell us anything.
      For the record Hamilton grew up in a very comfortable middle class household which had enough money to indulge his ambition to go carting, not cheap at all. He was then handpicked by the best karting teams and then fast tracked into the McLaren development programme, being selected ahead of more talented white kids, oh the abuse he must have felt at that time. As soon as he entered F1 his every whim has been granted, again horrendous treatment.
      Now he has become the wokest man alive despite being a tax dodging tw*t who drives for Hitlers favourite car make.

Wrong thread for politics heimdall but I did have a good laugh reading it as you do make many funny post at times. ;D  You just threw a little too much ground bet for me. I eat all that up but wasn't keen on the worm you put on the hook. A good fisherman wouldn't of cut the worm in half, they'd of threaded the worm through the hook  :lmao:

Ground bait was tastie though  :lmao: I

Chat to you again on the Livepool v Chav thread today as we're supporting the same team.

IRWT  ;D
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #4963: Jul 22, 2020 08:59:06 am
      Schumacher did not have a vastly superior car as far as I recall, nor did Senna.

Firstly learn how to spell Stewart.

Secondly if the McLaren-Honda of 1988/89 wasn’t a vastly superior car to the rest  I’d hate to see one that is.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4964: Jul 22, 2020 09:16:59 am
      Firstly learn how to spell Stewart.

Secondly if the McLaren-Honda of 1988/89 wasn’t a vastly superior car to the rest  I’d hate to see one that is.

Do you guys really not find Hamilton to be an insufferable hypocritical patronising virtue signalling tw*t??  His only evidence of racial abuse or discrimination in F1 was a few dickhead Spanish fans who blackfaced in one race, WOW the persecution!!! Hamilton is now in a position to order his team to change their livery and bully his fellow drivers into this nonsense kneeling. The fact that there are no other Black drivers is not a sign of systemic racism in the sport rather that its a very expensive sport to get started in, carting. Hamilton was lucky that he grew up in a comfortable middle class family and in part because of his skin colour was picked ahead of other children for McLaren's youth development programme, he has no credibility in claiming discrimination because in his professional career he has not faced any, if anything he's had significant Black privilege.

In any case I don't want to ruin the thread, apologies for that, but I just have to say my piece about Hamilton.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #4965: Jul 22, 2020 09:59:57 am
      Do you guys really not find Hamilton to be an insufferable hypocritical patronising virtue signalling tw*t??  His only evidence of racial abuse or discrimination in F1 was a few dickhead Spanish fans who blackfaced in one race, WOW the persecution!!! Hamilton is now in a position to order his team to change their livery and bully his fellow drivers into this nonsense kneeling. The fact that there are no other Black drivers is not a sign of systemic racism in the sport rather that its a very expensive sport to get started in, carting. Hamilton was lucky that he grew up in a comfortable middle class family and in part because of his skin colour was picked ahead of other children for McLaren's youth development programme, he has no credibility in claiming discrimination because in his professional career he has not faced any, if anything he's had significant Black privilege.

In any case I don't want to ruin the thread, apologies for that, but I just have to say my piece about Hamilton.

I never gave you my opinion on Hamilton, I was merely pointing out something in your piece I had an issue with namely drivers in dominant cars.

I think the irony of this is that Hamilton is using his position of power and privilege to push the agenda which is exactly what he claims the establishment do and what leads to what he perceives as the problem.
      Nobody has put to him the hypocrisy of his position in respect of Mercedes and Hugo Boss. Why?
      Because they know that in order to do their job they need access to him, access he will deny them if they have the temerity to question him.

As to where he fits in the Goat argument personally I'm always drawn towards racers rather than drivers.
      So give me Peterson or Villeneuve every time. Current crop? Maybe Verstappen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4966: Jul 22, 2020 12:37:58 pm
      Hamilton is not even close to Senna and Schumacher in terms of driving excellence

Yes he is.

Simple as that. If you think otherwise you're clueless
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4967: Jul 22, 2020 04:01:02 pm
      Yes he is.

Simple as that. If you think otherwise you're clueless

OK maybe I was being a bit clumsy in how I referred to Hamilton, he is of course an excellent racer, but I honestly think both Schumacher and Senna were better than him, the proof of that is how they achieved results/wins when not in the best cars, has Lewis ever done that?

In reality its very hard to judge these things, all three drivers belong to different eras and they never properly competed against each other.

Quick Reply