Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Formula 1

Read 576784 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5405: Jul 23, 2021 03:32:29 pm
      I'm a huge Max fan but the whole Red Bull operation doesn't help itself at times.

Nothing more than a racing incident for me and Max would have done exactly the same . If not more

Spot on Si...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094 
      Reply #5406: Jul 23, 2021 04:26:35 pm

:lmao:

I'm a huge Max fan but the whole Red Bull operation doesn't help itself at times.

Nothing more than a racing incident for me and Max would have done exactly the same if not more.

For sure. As we all know, Helmut Marko's a n*b head (who has torpedoed many a young talented driver's career) but if we're led to believe that he sought legal action against Lewis after Sunday then he's an even bigger c**t than I thought. As for Mr Ginger Spice? Just playing out his small man syndrome antics once more. I'll never forget that pair of cu*ts giggling that they could drive faster than Gasly around Monaco when he was struggling as a Red Bull driver. Some 'leadership' that was. Was on Drive to Survive if I recall. You would never hear the likes of Wolff, Brown, Allison etc saying that.

I hope they crash and burn when they take ownership of their own engine from next year. I think they're aware that this year may be their best shot of winning both titles because they may fear that the next few seasons will be trickier than anticipated.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2021 04:36:40 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5407: Jul 23, 2021 04:31:02 pm
      Usually when a driver has been taken to hospital, the winner drives the race distance, gets out of the car asap, and your first priority is to find out how he is. Not Hamilton though, he had flags to wave and engineers to congratulate first. He later refused to apologise either, just blamed Verstappen for being too aggressive. Of course Verstappen is aggressive, he hasn't got as far as he has by just letting drivers past him, and he won't change nor should he. If he did, he would become as slow as Jos Verstappen used to be.

I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan but you're not being fair here. You are making the same mistake Red Bull did (though in their case, it was a mix of PR and raw emotions): you are judging Hamilton based on the information YOU had.

He most likely had absolutely no idea Max was even in the hospital. When he asked his engineer if Max was ok, he was told he was out of the car. And during the red flag, he probably saw the images of Max being winded, but seemingly ok. He had not reason to suspect otherwise.

And as he felt Max was mostly to blame for the crash, why on earth would he not celebrate winning his home grand prix???

Don't believe for one second Max would not have done exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

Also, you're basically saying it's ok for Max to be aggressive, but not for Lewis? How does that even make sense in your mind?
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2021 04:40:44 pm by PTU »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5408: Jul 23, 2021 05:15:51 pm
      I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan but you're not being fair here. You are making the same mistake Red Bull did (though in their case, it was a mix of PR and raw emotions): you are judging Hamilton based on the information YOU had.

He most likely had absolutely no idea Max was even in the hospital. When he asked his engineer if Max was ok, he was told he was out of the car. And during the red flag, he probably saw the images of Max being winded, but seemingly ok. He had not reason to suspect otherwise.

And as he felt Max was mostly to blame for the crash, why on earth would he not celebrate winning his home grand prix???

Don't believe for one second Max would not have done exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

Also, you're basically saying it's ok for Max to be aggressive, but not for Lewis? How does that even make sense in your mind?

HIS information is based on one thing and one thing alone, he simply doesn't like him so will think of any reason to be biased and fabricate anything to suit his cause. The racing fans who follow the F1 thread religiously basically agree it was more a racing incident than deliberate foul play by Hamilton.

Already this season Hammy was in the same postion to be aggressive going into the first lap but yielded which is something that Max hasn't the knowledge to do due to his reckless/ aggressive approach.

We've seen countless times over recent years Max having DNF due to this approach. Last year along he had 5. Something you don't find with Hamilton, hence why he's 7 times world champion. However. Mr so called VAR man chooses to ignore theses facts due to the hatred of him. Since he can no longer offer a balanced view best you ignore his post.

Max has the DNA to be world champion though despite his faults which over time should get better with experience ( you'd of thought ) However, we now have to British drivers ( no introduction needed ) who do appear may well be up for the challenge when moving up to a faster car/team.

F1 looking roses for  genuine F1 fan with exciting times ahead.

Your post on this thread (PTU) shows you love the sport and not on this thread to disrupt... Unlike Mr VAR.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5409: Jul 23, 2021 06:51:12 pm
      HIS information is based on one thing and one thing alone, he simply doesn't like him so will think of any reason to be biased and fabricate anything to suit his cause. The racing fans who follow the F1 thread religiously basically agree it was more a racing incident than deliberate foul play by Hamilton.

Already this season Hammy was in the same postion to be aggressive going into the first lap but yielded which is something that Max hasn't the knowledge to do due to his reckless/ aggressive approach.

We've seen countless times over recent years Max having DNF due to this approach. Last year along he had 5. Something you don't find with Hamilton, hence why he's 7 times world champion. However. Mr so called VAR man chooses to ignore theses facts due to the hatred of him. Since he can no longer offer a balanced view best you ignore his post.

Max has the DNA to be world champion though despite his faults which over time should get better with experience ( you'd of thought ) However, we now have to British drivers ( no introduction needed ) who do appear may well be up for the challenge when moving up to a faster car/team.

F1 looking roses for  genuine F1 fan with exciting times ahead.

Your post on this thread (PTU) shows you love the sport and not on this thread to disrupt... Unlike Mr VAR.

I love the sport, but since I'm rooting for Russell and Williams, I don't really have a stake in the title fight!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For me it's quite simple, Max mentality is "I want to win races", Lewis mentality is "I want to win championships". Max aggressive approach was understandable when he didn't have a car to fight for the championship, but now that he has, you see he lacks the experience and wisdom to choose his moments.

I actually read a really interesting article in french about Verstappen driving style. Translated: "one of the techniques (not the only one, obviously) of his driving in close combat consists in placing a large part of the risk of the collision on his adversary, so that the fate of the continuation of the race of the two pilots rests firmly on the other and not on him, since for his part he has already made his decision, often radical." Basically it's yield, drive perfectly, or crash into me.

By the way, Bottas rumoured to be linked with Alfa Romeo. Didn't see that coming at all...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5410: Jul 23, 2021 07:25:14 pm
      I love the sport, but since I'm rooting for Russell and Williams, I don't really have a stake in the title fight!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For me it's quite simple, Max mentality is "I want to win races", Lewis mentality is "I want to win championships". Max aggressive approach was understandable when he didn't have a car to fight for the championship, but now that he has, you see he lacks the experience and wisdom to choose his moments.

I actually read a really interesting article in french about Verstappen driving style. Translated: "one of the techniques (not the only one, obviously) of his driving in close combat consists in placing a large part of the risk of the collision on his adversary, so that the fate of the continuation of the race of the two pilots rests firmly on the other and not on him, since for his part he has already made his decision, often radical." Basically it's yield, drive perfectly, or crash into me.

By the way, Bottas rumoured to be linked with Alfa Romeo. Didn't see that coming at all...

Your a Russell fan then.  :D Tell me, who do you think the  fastest driver, your idol or Lando  ;D I've always favoured Lando but can't wait for the two hopefully racing in the same team or ( Mercs/Red Bull ) to watch battle commence  ;D

They both come over well and Frankly ( was at Silverstone) says the fans roared them both on. I did read that they sold out of Lando hats though.  ;D

Your assessment of Max pretty much bang on as I see the same thing.

I think the only reason Bottas seeing out his contract was if he would agree on  team orders which were very much apparent at the weekend. Otherwise you'd of seen him racing in a Mercs quicker than you thought.

No surprises seeing him go to Alfa, that's probably his limit, as we've seen so many times he's only ever going to be a No 2 in the team.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5411: Jul 23, 2021 08:05:55 pm
      Tell me, who do you think the  fastest driver, your idol or Lando

Tough one. Mostly because Lando has really come into his own this season, and it's hard to properly judge Russell in that dreadful Williams. I'd say Russell is a bit faster but also takes more risks (then again, is it his driving style or does he need to 'overdrive' the car?). Lando plays it a little bit safer, is perhaps more reliable but is still bloody quick. Time will tell I guess.
      (By the way, even if I favour Russell, I really like both McLaren boys and their team, so hopefully we'll see them all fighting next season  ;))
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094 
      Reply #5412: Jul 23, 2021 08:17:22 pm

That French quote is a perfect description of Verstappen's racecraft. High risk and when one driver decides not to play by his rules then the inevitable will occur. You look at Lewis throughout the season - he has pulled out of those situations a few times already. Imola and Barcelona springs to mind. For a driver like Lewis, it was inevitable that he was going to encounter the situation again and say 'no more'.

I thought Max's driving prior to the crash was erratic and not very impressove. He was moving about the race track, twice down the straights, in desperation against an aggressive and fast Hamilton. (He was probably expecting Lewis to yield in much the same way as he had done on Saturday and in previous races).

The fact that Verstappen can impose such a style of racecraft says a lot about his talent. But he has to realise that such an uncompromising style of driving will from time to time, end up with him in the barriers. And very costly too when it goes wrong. He needs to bring more nuance to that side of his racing. He's got a long way to go before he reaches the racecraft standards of Lewis and Fernando.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094 
      Reply #5413: Jul 23, 2021 09:20:57 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5414: Jul 23, 2021 09:52:55 pm

Really like Horner at one stage but he's doing his best to change that round.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5415: Jul 24, 2021 09:54:15 am
      Christ what's Horner up to now. Not sure I've ever heard a team go on as much about a incident in my life. He's now stating it cost Red Bull 1.3 million in repairs. Have any F1 fans heard of this kind of action before as I sure as hell can't.

He's not letting this lie, all he's doing is adding fuel to a fire that's already ignited. If this continues Max & Hamilton will start avoiding each other. Yeah it will make good viewing but not sure I like it. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5416: Jul 24, 2021 10:37:21 am
      Christ what's Horner up to now. Not sure I've ever heard a team go on as much about a incident in my life. He's now stating it cost Red Bull 1.3 million in repairs. Have any F1 fans heard of this kind of action before as I sure as hell can't.

He's not letting this lie, all he's doing is adding fuel to a fire that's already ignited. If this continues Max & Hamilton will start avoiding each other. Yeah it will make good viewing but not sure I like it. 

Coming across as a tit Horner, I knew he was one anyway but he called out Lewis for his celebrations but Horner needs to look at himself & his own remarks...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5417: Jul 24, 2021 10:49:43 am
      Coming across as a tit Horner, I knew he was one anyway but he called out Lewis for his celebrations but Horner needs to look at himself & his own remarks...

Id always liked him Shabs but going down in my estimation the more he goes on about last weekend. F**k sake, he needs to move on its done and dusted. Penalty served, next race.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #5418: Jul 24, 2021 11:06:40 am
      Id always liked him Shabs but going down in my estimation the more he goes on about last weekend. F**k sake, he needs to move on its done and dusted. Penalty served, next race.

I think it’s a strategy Horner is adopting to keep that racing incident in the minds of stewards as I think it’s going to kick off at the Hungarian GP...

I think Lewis has changed his stance with Max, giving him too much space is a no more.

Max is the hunted & Lewis is a great psychological hunter..
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #5419: Jul 24, 2021 07:32:17 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      I hope they crash and burn when they take ownership of their own engine from next year. I think they're aware that this year may be their best shot of winning both titles because they may fear that the next few seasons will be trickier than anticipated.

We don't know what's going to happen next year yet, so predictions about it can't be made this far out. We don't know if Mercedes will continue to dominate, or if they'll collapse in a heap like Red Bull did, at the outset of the hybrid era. 

Quote from PTU

I didn't basically say it, I didn't say it at all, so it doesn't make sense. I have no problem with aggressive drivers, there should be more of them. But when one of them kicks another driver off the track just because he wants to win his home race, then he has questions to answer.

Of course he doesn't think he was responsible for the crash, but you don't get a 10 second penalty from the stewards for nothing, so he can expect a few more penalties if he tries similiar moves in future races. He has gone round that corner thousands of times in his career, so he should know by now when it's safe to overtake there or not. He sent a driver off the track, he saw the replays of it when the race was stopped, then he saw him taken into a waiting ambulance. So he already had a fairly good idea of what happened. Therefore the comments by Verstappen about his celebrations, are correct.

Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Another bloated ramble. We get it - you don't like Lewis Hamilton. No need to bore us.

That's because it's not boring. What you call a ramble was a response to your ludicrous claim that the crash was just a racing incident, then blame someone for it.

Neither you, the manc spy, or anyone else will find a phrase in any of my 3,250 posts to date that states I "don't like Lewis Hamilton", so that's just lieing for the sake of it. But I'm not a fully paid up member of his fanclub either. He won the only race that I have ever attended, I brought no flags to it, no banners, bought any merchandise or cheered for anyone. I am a fan of the sport, not one driver/team over another.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094 
      Reply #5420: Jul 30, 2021 11:11:16 pm
      https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1421004582050799616?s=20

Wonderful news. Fantastic to see a documentary being released about the great man. My childhood hero
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2021 11:25:20 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5421: Jul 30, 2021 11:29:05 pm
      https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1421004582050799616?s=20

Wonderful news. Fantastic to see a documentary being released about the great man. My childhood hero

Couldn't stand the driver. It didn't help that he was so good. The man seems (seemed?) to be a very decent bloke though.

I wonder how much they'll get into his accident, and his mysterious condition. When you consider how much his family is keeping it under wraps, probably not very.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094 
      Reply #5422: Jul 30, 2021 11:42:08 pm
      Couldn't stand the driver. It didn't help that he was so good. The man seems (seemed?) to be a very decent bloke though.

I wonder how much they'll get into his accident, and his mysterious condition. When you consider how much his family is keeping it under wraps, probably not very.

Loved the driver. That he could turn Sunday afternoon into 90 minutes of end to end qualifying laps was astounding. The intensity with which he drove those cars was unreal. No driver has better defined the team ethos of the sport than what he, Brawn, Todt and Byrne did with Ferrari. They are still for me the ultimate sporting outfit!

I don't suspect much focus will be given to his accident. I know there has been a lot of debate in fans circles that they could share some details but the reality is he and his family have always been intensely private even during the height of his career. I think that's what I respect most about him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5423: Jul 31, 2021 12:06:15 pm
      Looking tasty for qualifying judging by P3. Really surprised ( again) with Perez  as he's looking like a Bottas in disguised. Hamilton & Verstappen just different gravy.

Qualifying can't come quick enough.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094 
      Reply #5424: Jul 31, 2021 02:56:47 pm
      Both Mercedes starting the race on mediums tomorrow with all those around them on softs.

:o
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5425: Jul 31, 2021 03:11:40 pm
      This sh!t just got real  :lmao:
      Mind games just got real  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094