Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1

Read 572233 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #6141: Dec 06, 2021 09:31:04 pm
      Lewis only got a warning because it was a human error and there shouldn’t of been a yellow flag apparently,  Verstappens wasn’t.

However, I fully understand why you question it and quite righty. According to the rule book no two incidents are the same but with how the stewards have perform this weekend I think they sometimes make them up as they go along due to grey areas.

That’s the best I can come up with Andy.  ;D

Cheers Keith , fact of the matter is though he still ignored it , he didn’t know it was human error at that time , or did he ?  Havn,t watched it properly for a few years now , became too much of a procession for me , enjoyed it more when there was re fuelling.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #6142: Dec 06, 2021 09:34:36 pm
      Cheers Keith , fact of the matter is though he still ignored it , he didn’t know it was human error at that time , or did he ?  Havn,t watched it properly for a few years now , became too much of a procession for me , enjoyed it more when there was re fuelling.

Unfortunately that's what happens when the stewards let Verstappen's illegal defensive driving in Brazil go unpunished. You open up a massive can of worms.

I said Masi should be sacked but I take that back when I think back to Brazil - he's been backed into an uncompromising situation on all fouls as a result of the stewards incompetence in Brazil
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #6143: Dec 06, 2021 09:40:34 pm
      Unfortunately that's what happens when the stewards let Verstappen's illegal defensive driving in Brazil go unpunished. You open up a massive can of worms.

I said Masi should be sacked but I take that back when I think back to Brazil - he's been backed into an uncompromising situation on all fouls as a result of the stewards incompetence in Brazil

You are right, he gets a lot of criticism for decisions that ultimately are not his. He doesn't decide whether a driver should get a penalty of not, the stewards do.
      I still believe he's not good enough for his job though. He's definitely not at the same level as Charlie Whiting.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #6144: Dec 06, 2021 09:43:39 pm
      You are right, he gets a lot of criticism for decisions that ultimately are not his. He doesn't decide whether a driver should get a penalty of not, the stewards do.
      I still believe he's not good enough for his job though. He's definitely not at the same level as Charlie Whiting.

For sure. I never remember Whiting being under the scope in such a manner when he was directing close championship battles. Then again, he never had to contend with the sort of driving Verstappen was committing too.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #6145: Dec 06, 2021 09:54:31 pm
      For sure. I never remember Whiting being under the scope in such a manner when he was directing close championship battles. Then again, he never had to contend with the sort of driving Verstappen was committing too.

It probably helped that Whiting managed to earn the respect of pretty much everyone. Masi gets trashed by pretty much everyone.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6146: Dec 06, 2021 10:23:08 pm

I don’t know if he knew it was human error, the re fuelling was fantastic and yeah sadly missed. However, as we all know safety comes first now, unless your names Max Verstappen  >:(
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6147: Dec 06, 2021 10:43:05 pm
      I only watched yhe Ch4 high lights, noticed that Horner did not say that MV did not break, but gave some wishy-washy explanation. Then MV given 10 second penalty, is this correct?

If so, then did MV use his breaks in that slowing down manoeuvre to allow LH to over take?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6148: Dec 06, 2021 10:51:29 pm
      I only watched yhe Ch4 high lights, noticed that Horner did not say that MV did not break, but gave some wishy-washy explanation. Then MV given 10 second penalty, is this correct?

If so, then did MV use his breaks in that slowing down manoeuvre to allow LH to over take?

Still trying to work it all out myself Red  ;D I'm waiting for them to publicise the telemetry 
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #6149: Dec 06, 2021 11:09:14 pm
      Still trying to work it all out myself Red  ;D I'm waiting for them to publicise the telemetry

They did say it in their verdict for the 10s penalty.
      " In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration. "
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6150: Dec 07, 2021 08:46:19 am
      They did say it in their verdict for the 10s penalty.
      " In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration. "

He’s very lucky then, only a ten second penalty which doesn’t effect the result whatsoever. Brake testing is arguably the lowest of the low. The officials frightened of giving what should of been a grid penalty for the final race in Abu Dhabi due to the closeness of the championship.

If Max goes on to win this through his dirty tactics not just yesterday but throughout the season is going to leave me with a bitter taste for a while. Hamilton still has the same problem in Abu Dhabi as we F1 fans know.

Max knows he can be as aggressive as he wants knowing Hammy has to give way otherwise his championship hopes are gone. I think after next weeks race it’s time for Michael Massey to step down/resign, otherwise get sacked. He clearly isn’t up for the job and when offering Red Bull a Noel Edmonds deal or no deal was the final straw.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #6151: Dec 07, 2021 01:56:34 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      My opinion of Fernando has softened. As the main rival to Schumacher and Lewis in quick succession  he was not my favourite at all. But as you get older, you get rid of those tribal mentality.

Well that is what should happen but well, no you haven't....

Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Another bitchy comment by Fernando Alonso!

.... it's just changed to any rival who threatens Hamilton's domination.

Brundle can go f**k himself if he thinks that was a misunderstanding.

Yeah - because misunderstandings always happen when you're blocking the track slap bang in the middle of it. That's an outright penalty. Damage to Lewis as well. Black flag stuff

The accusations being thrown around are outrageous. There's more accusations been thrown around ahead of the next race as well, all rubbish of course.

The incident was similiar to the Schumacher and Coulthard collision in Spa. Driver in front allows driver behind to pass. Driver behind hits driver in front, then accuses driver in front of "trying to kill him". Coulthard was not punished for that, and Verstappen should not be punished for this. If Hamilton didn't know what was going on, that's not Verstappen's fault. And after Silverstone, he's really in no position to throw stones at the conduct of other drivers.

Quote from PTU
      I'm seriously sick of the FIA not daring to punish Verstappen.

You are joking, aren't you? 🤣🤣🤣

Bahrain: Give Hamilton the win, or else.
      Monza: 3 place penalty + penalty points
      Brazil: 50k fine
      Qatar: 5 place penalty
      Jeddah: 2 place penalty
      Jeddah: 5 second penalty
      Jeddah: 10 second penalty + penalty points.
      I think he's had his fair share of penalties from the FIA.

In contrast, Hamilton has been allowed to impede another driver practicing, ignore yellow flags, and kick Verstappen's tyres in when he was allowed to pass him this weekend, and get away with the whole lot. I can't believe that Verstappen was punished for the Jeddah incident when he wasn't punished for the identical scenario in Brazil. Either you punish both or neither. The man on pole won the race by 20 seconds, so there have been more exciting races.

Max has driven that way since he came into the sport. He hasn't changed, and he won't change. People across the globe tune in to watch him drive because he is prepared to do that. This is what the public want to see, races settled on track, not on time penalties. There's a World Championship at stake, there are just 2 races left, so it's time to get the elbows out and race like a man or a mouse.

Hamilton is usually ironing his dinner jacket for the trophy presentation night, at this time of year. But thanks to Max, the UAE Grand Prix is a box office event this year. It's usually decided at the first corner, so a few other corners have been modified to try and spice up the action. But with all the protests and penalties this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the championship is settled in the stewards room rather than the race track.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6152: Dec 07, 2021 02:03:17 pm
      #clickbait alert #hateHamilton alert. #hateF1alert. #loveevryonewhohateshamiltonalert.  :lmao:
      The bait has been dropped, how many biting

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6153: Dec 07, 2021 02:34:14 pm
      Well that is what should happen but well, no you haven't....

.... it's just changed to any rival who threatens Hamilton's domination.

The accusations being thrown around are outrageous. There's more accusations been thrown around ahead of the next race as well, all rubbish of course.

The incident was similiar to the Schumacher and Coulthard collision in Spa. Driver in front allows driver behind to pass. Driver behind hits driver in front, then accuses driver in front of "trying to kill him". Coulthard was not punished for that, and Verstappen should not be punished for this. If Hamilton didn't know what was going on, that's not Verstappen's fault. And after Silverstone, he's really in no position to throw stones at the conduct of other drivers.

You are joking, aren't you? 🤣🤣🤣

Bahrain: Give Hamilton the win, or else.
      Monza: 3 place penalty + penalty points
      Brazil: 50k fine
      Qatar: 5 place penalty
      Jeddah: 2 place penalty
      Jeddah: 5 second penalty
      Jeddah: 10 second penalty + penalty points.
      I think he's had his fair share of penalties from the FIA.

In contrast, Hamilton has been allowed to impede another driver practicing, ignore yellow flags, and kick Verstappen's tyres in when he was allowed to pass him this weekend, and get away with the whole lot. I can't believe that Verstappen was punished for the Jeddah incident when he wasn't punished for the identical scenario in Brazil. Either you punish both or neither. The man on pole won the race by 20 seconds, so there have been more exciting races.

Max has driven that way since he came into the sport. He hasn't changed, and he won't change. People across the globe tune in to watch him drive because he is prepared to do that. This is what the public want to see, races settled on track, not on time penalties. There's a World Championship at stake, there are just 2 races left, so it's time to get the elbows out and race like a man or a mouse.

Hamilton is usually ironing his dinner jacket for the trophy presentation night, at this time of year. But thanks to Max, the UAE Grand Prix is a box office event this year. It's usually decided at the first corner, so a few other corners have been modified to try and spice up the action. But with all the protests and penalties this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the championship is settled in the stewards room rather than the race track.

If they had VAR for each incident then Max would have been banned by now. Hamilton has nearly 14 or 15 years F1 record of clean competitive driving and Max has a record of butting heads with most drivers on the grid he isnt aggressive he is dangerous.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #6154: Dec 07, 2021 02:37:19 pm
      #clickbait alert #hateHamilton alert. #hateF1alert. #loveevryonewhohateshamiltonalert.  :lmao:
      The bait has been dropped, how many biting

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:laugh:

Need electronic traps...it's not nice but it has to be done.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6155: Dec 07, 2021 02:43:25 pm
      I wonder when SKY will start ramping up the hype about possible crashes and confrontation between Lewis and Max.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6156: Dec 07, 2021 02:48:58 pm
      If they had VAR for each incident then Max would have been banned by now. Hamilton has nearly 14 or 15 years F1 record of clean competitive driving and Max has a record of butting heads with most drivers on the grid he isnt aggressive he is dangerous.

Hamilton doesn’t have a clean record at all

Taking Massa out
      Taking Albon out
      Taking Verstappen out

He was punished for all

Last season he ended up with 8 penalty points and close to a ban - he started this season with 6 penalty points

Hamilton is far from being a saint
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6157: Dec 07, 2021 03:12:29 pm

Taking Massa out
      Taking Albon out
      Taking Verstappen out

He was punished for all

Last season he ended up with 8 penalty points and close to a ban - he started this season with 6 penalty points

Your another one that has come in here to be controversial and nothing else. You know sweet fcuk all about F1 and just want to be awkward.
      You mention 4 incidents in a 15 years  spam for Hamilton  which if true ( isn’t clean cut as you say ) is still a exemplary record in F1. Max can have 4 incidents in one race let alone what he will accumulate in 15 years.

Hamilton is well known to those that do know anything about F1 racing he’s one of the most fairest/cleanest racers in F1, if it wasn’t for his track craft which is better than any present or past F1 drivers in the world there would of been plenty of accidents.

Sooner you fcuk off back to the FSG thread and cause your usual sh!te on there the better.
      I’m even p!ssed off with myself for giving you a reply, fingers crossed I don’t do it again. It’s enough having one click bait in here without you joining his band.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6158: Dec 07, 2021 03:26:17 pm
      Your another one that has come in here to be controversial and nothing else. You know sweet fcuk all about F1 and just want to be awkward.
      You mention 4 incidents in a 15 years  spam for Hamilton  which if true ( isn’t clean cut as you say ) is still a exemplary record in F1. Max can have 4 incidents in one race let alone what he will accumulate in 15 years.

Hamilton is well known to those that do know anything about F1 racing he’s one of the most fairest/cleanest racers in F1, if it wasn’t for his track craft which is better than any present or past F1 drivers in the world there would of been plenty of accidents.

Sooner you fcuk off back to the FSG thread and cause your usual sh!te on there the better.
      I’m even p!ssed off with myself for giving you a reply, fingers crossed I don’t do it again. It’s enough having one click bait in here without you joining his band.

What is it you think entitles you to insult and post derogatory comments at posters just because they post an opinion that may differ from yours ?

Verstappen has 7 penalty points this season

Hamilton took out Verstappen at Silverstone which cost Verstappen the race and actually ended up with Verstappen in hospital

What is it with “Hammy” fans - is it not allowed to highlight the fact that Hamilton isn’t clean cut on the track and when challenged by others changes in attitude
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6159: Dec 07, 2021 03:33:13 pm

Taking Massa out
      Taking Albon out
      Taking Verstappen out

He was punished for all

14 years of F1 as apposed to your 14 mins coming of the FSG thread to google stuff about him. He is a clean driver people know they can challenge him fairly where Max does not have that reputation, spend more time watching F1 and stop cheerleading for FSG.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #6160: Dec 07, 2021 03:36:24 pm

Yeah, the important thing to note there is that he's never intentionally caused a collision. You know you get a fair and honest game with Lewis. There was a time in his career, especially during the 2011 season where he got into scraps with Massa once too many often but that was as much down to Felipe's own suspect racecraft at the time as Lewis's. The only sporting misdemenour I can think off with Hamilton was the Australia 2009 incident when he and the McLaren sporting director told a fib about an incident involving him and Trulli in a safety car period but was caught out when the stewards reviewed the radio conversations.

As a racer though, he is impeccable. Even the Silverstone incident wasn't his fault with Max knowingly turning in on Hamilton fully aware that he was there. It's only because Max slammed into the barriers and came out off it worse that Hamilton was given a (totally unjust) penalty. If it was Lewis who had ended up in the barriers, Max would have got the penalty. At best it was a racing incident, at worse it was Max's fault.

Regardless of how immense Max's speed has been this season, his antics are not worthy of being a title winner.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6161: Dec 07, 2021 03:43:28 pm
      Ali G...

Iz it’z cuz i’z Black... 😂😂😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6162: Dec 07, 2021 03:45:17 pm
      you feel for Max because he has Horner who simply will not accept he is anything other than his golden child and golden meal ticket and then he has a father like this.

After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[34]

In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife.[35] He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[36]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[37] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[38] but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn.[39] Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014.[40] They divorced on 2 June 2017.[41]
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6163: Dec 07, 2021 03:45:34 pm
      Yeah, the important thing to note there is that he's never intentionally caused a collision. You know you get a fair and honest game with Lewis. There was a time in his career, especially during the 2011 season where he got into scraps with Massa once too many often but that was as much down to Felipe's own suspect racecraft at the time as Lewis's. The only sporting misdemenour I can think off with Hamilton was the Australia 2009 incident when he and the McLaren sporting director told a fib about an incident involving him and Trulli in a safety car period but was caught out when the stewards reviewed the radio conversations.

As a racer though, he is impeccable. Even the Silverstone incident wasn't his fault with Max knowingly turning in on Hamilton fully aware that he was there. It's only because Max slammed into the barriers and came out off it worse that Hamilton was given a (totally unjust) penalty. If it was Lewis who had ended up in the barriers, Max would have got the penalty. At best it was a racing incident, at worse it was Max's fault.

Regardless of how immense Max's speed has been this season, his antics are not worthy of being a title winner.

As usual as a F1 fan fully educated on how it works, getting this a cross to none F1 fans impossible though mate and not worth the time and effort. Like I said annoyed with myself to even responding to him. What makes it worse I took pyjamas off ignore so only myself to blame for giving him another chance.  :f_doh:

Quick Reply