Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Singapore 0-5 Liverpool: Post Match Hurrah!

Read 13545 times
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: Singapore 0-5 Liverpool: Post Match Hurrah!
      Reply #23: Jul 26, 2009 03:52:46 pm
      Phew .....finally a win in pre season that outta get the lads moods back up and happy ! A good win and congrats to Nemeth for his brace !
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Jul 26, 2009 03:54:04 pm
      Very good second half, even though they were not a very good team, what we did to them in spurts was awesome, we showed today how much better we are with Mascha and Alonso in the team, and this week will be crunch time for both....
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #25: Jul 26, 2009 03:56:49 pm
      I think this place may go into melt-down when Redsonfire gets back online. May need his own Board for all the Pictures.

All in all good game, 2nd half made up for a poor 1st half. Opinion on Voronin may be waining, but either that his what Rafa wants him to do, he can not understand Rafa, and the Bundesliga is piss easy.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Jul 26, 2009 04:01:54 pm
      Well that was much, much, much better.

Very happy with that performance!

Kuyt ran their defence ragged when he came on. Finally Nemeth did something too! Great improvement.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27: Jul 26, 2009 04:02:22 pm
      Only caught the second half thought they looked sharp was well impressed with Dirk
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: Jul 26, 2009 04:04:10 pm
      Heard the fans in singapore singing Fields of Anfield Road, quality that. Well done to all the singaporean reds, as JD said, you did us proud.

Good to see us getting our pre-season finally going, especially Nemeth bagging a few. Should do wonders for his confidence.
      Kuyt was superb, Babel was decent, Defence and goalkeepers didn't have anything to do, really.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #29: Jul 26, 2009 04:07:42 pm
      That'll do nicely! I echo what others have said a la Kuyt and Nemeth. Very nice to see. I think we'll see vast improvements coming thick and fast now as the fitness gets to a higher level. Well played lads. It was nice to hear a couple of Liverpool songs too!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #30: Jul 26, 2009 04:14:09 pm
      Ngog and Voronin makes me cringe as a strike partnership.

Great 2nd half though! I overslept and missed most of the first half so I got lucky :D
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #31: Jul 26, 2009 04:28:49 pm
      Great end to the tour.

Kuyt made big difference when came on and linked up well with Torres and Nemeth.

Lets carry this on now and keep confidence going.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Jul 26, 2009 04:32:29 pm
      Definitely a difference between the players from the the first half and second half. We were a lot more dangerous and thoughtful in the second half.

Kuyt, unsurprisingly looking like he could run all day long. Very inspiring performance from the man.

Nemeth popping up in the right places to put the ball in the net. A quality that he's displayed countless times for the reserves.

Superb goal by Riera!

And didn't we look boss in that kit?

Hats off to our fans over there. Was enjoying the songs.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #33: Jul 26, 2009 04:35:41 pm
      Typical!!! The only pre-season game i don't watch and we go and bag 5!! :D

Seriously though well done to everyone and particularly Dirk for showing everyone how to properly represent on the pitch yet again.

Bring on Espanyol now ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #34: Jul 26, 2009 04:45:49 pm
      1st half we looked a bit slow although Ngog and Benayoun showed a few flashes of quality. Voronin's goal, OK it was a deflection but he did well to make the space for himself and had the confidence to have a dig.

2nd half looked a lot better. Pacheco looked quality, very calm on the ball. Torres was getting in the area and although missed a few, he was still there for the next. Nemeth was fantastic, took both goals well. Could easily of panicked with both but didn't, the mark of a very good centre forward. And Kuyt? Well everything he touched seemed to end up in a chance, a very good half hour of so from our stand in skipper. Riera's goal was his only highlight, didn't see much else of him but what a goal it was. Fantastic control and shot.

Middle of the park I thought we missed something throughout the match. Degen was non existant. Agger played well at left back as did Insua.

All in all an easy performance in difficult conditions. Fantastic to see the boys back to winning ways an all of a sudden it's not "only pre-season" ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Jul 26, 2009 04:47:13 pm
      Echo the comments about the kit.

A cracking debut for our new black away kit.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #36: Jul 26, 2009 04:50:12 pm
      Was really pleased that I saw a great match. Definitely the first half was a little poor, but once Voronin scored then I thought there would be only one outcome.

Insua and Riera made a lot of difference when they came on on that left flank. Kuyt was tireless, and I thought that Nemeth did particularly well in both goals.

Was fantastic because You'll Never Walk Alone was played 3 times. The Kop stand wasn't as good as I thought, most of the cheering came from the Lower Grandstand section. Some arseholes behind me keep calling for people to sit down, talking in their dialects and scolding all sorts of vulgarities, what kind of fans are these ? :(

Think some of you saw the giant banner that the fan club made, thumbs up to them. And also this 40 metre long You'll Never Walk Alone banner in front, it was boss. I thought I got there early at 4pm, I turned out to be sitting 10 rows from the top :( but still!

It was a great experience, I'm just sad that the lads are at the airport now going to fly back to Liverpool. Enjoyed this, it was memorable, got the pleasure to meet Mascherano and Arbeloa, saw the lads first hand. Was really pleased that this was a good game as well.

Roll on the season we would walk it! ;)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #37: Jul 26, 2009 04:52:56 pm
      Well done lads! Think the difference today was the balance, i.e. more senior squad players being involved. Think they brought out that little bit extra from the likes of Pacheco and Nemeth.Cracking header by Nemeth. Kuyt was absolutely F***ing awesome! Very encouraging performance from the lads. I feel we are starting to gel now and i think we are on the brink of something special this season.

Great to see Xabi and Masch back together, let's hope we can keep hold of them. Great finish from Riera too.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #38: Jul 26, 2009 04:53:14 pm
      Didn't see the match as I've been in bed nursing a hangover but watched the highlights and I'm absolutely made up to see Nemeth bag a couple of goals. He went a bit cold last year due to injuries but I'd love to see him pick up again and push for the first team. I reckon he has a decent chance seeing as Torres is our only good striker. Looking at the highlights and the comments on here it seems Dirk had a belter. He's much more than a workhorse
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #39: Jul 26, 2009 04:54:36 pm
      The headed goal by Nemeth was class. It was pure instinct and I'm made up for him. He's been working so hard and now he's scored two magnificent goals.

Is he better than Voronin?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #40: Jul 26, 2009 04:54:46 pm
      Glad you had a good time Charlie mate, it's one night you won't be forgetting in a hurry.

That massive YNWA sign looked boss on the telly. And the fans on the telly sounded loud, I know you'd of been singing your heart out as well. ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #41: Jul 26, 2009 04:59:01 pm
      How come Johnson didn't play? Was he the only person in the squad who didn't?
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #42: Jul 26, 2009 05:00:10 pm
      Glad you had a good time Charlie mate, it's one night you won't be forgetting in a hurry.

That massive YNWA sign looked boss on the telly. And the fans on the telly sounded loud, I know you'd of been singing your heart out as well. ;D

They had it up since Friday, yes it was superb. There are about 40 banners scattered and hung around the stadium, did anyone seen mine in there? The fan club hung all submitted banners up at the stadium, just a pity I didn't win. But it's okay. It's already pleasing enough I've got the very pleasure of meeting the players!

The horns in all honesty was irriating. Some fans didnt know the lyrics and weren't singing at all. Should have got to the Lower Grandstand, it was all the die-hards over there. All the cheering going on there. But still its a boss match, saw a goal feast and something I wouldn't forget!

Ross Johnson is still recovering from that Achilles injury of his. Didn't see Alvaro as well.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #43: Jul 26, 2009 05:01:40 pm
      Ross Johnson is still recovering from that Achilles injury of his. Didn't see Alvaro as well.

Ah right makes sense. Oh yeah I forgot about Arby!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #44: Jul 26, 2009 05:02:36 pm
      It wasn't me who was just there.

Ad came from Kuala Lumpur, he took a flight down this morning to catch the game. He was on the Grandstand.

govinox came a couple of days ago. He's on the Kop stand.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #45: Jul 26, 2009 05:10:07 pm
      What? Post in the Arbeloa transfer thread mate?

What?

I just got his autograph, don't leave Arby!

Quick Reply