Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Comedians...

Read 24459 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Comedians...
      Reply #92: Nov 05, 2010 10:20:05 pm
      Going to see Frankie Boyle in December.

Love him, saw him walking along the street in Glasgow not long ago. Bigger than I expected.

Saw Kevin Bridges recently too.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #93: Nov 05, 2010 11:59:26 pm
      John Bishop, Frankie Boyle, Peter Kay probably 3 of my favourites.

Just dont find people like Micheal Mcintyre and Lee Evans that funny, unsure why.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #94: Nov 06, 2010 12:09:49 am
      John Bishop, Frankie Boyle, Peter Kay probably 3 of my favourites.

Just dont find people like Micheal Mcintyre and Lee Evans that funny, unsure why.

I can take McIntyre in small doses, but Lee Evans leaaves me cold.  See a few good shouts in here, Izzard, Connolly, Bishop.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #95: Nov 06, 2010 12:14:56 am
      Going to see Dara O'Briain on Wednesday and can't wait. I've seen his stand up on DVD and it's very good. He is brilliant when interacting with the audience and seems to be more natural than some comedians who rely mostly on there material.

Any fans?
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #96: Nov 06, 2010 12:44:14 am
      Not a huge fan of stand up TBH but, Bill Hicks was someone I really clicked with the first time I heard him. Very funny guy but, with a few harsh truths in his material. Should have been president  ;D
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #97: Nov 06, 2010 12:47:15 am
      Peter Kay at the 02 in London this Sunday, can't wait!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #98: Nov 06, 2010 12:52:04 am
      Going to see Dara O'Briain on Wednesday and can't wait. I've seen his stand up on DVD and it's very good. He is brilliant when interacting with the audience and seems to be more natural than some comedians who rely mostly on there material.

Any fans?

He's brilliant live mate, if you're in the first two rows you might get talked to ;) Or if you heckle :laugh: Best live comedian I've seen so far.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #99: Nov 08, 2010 09:44:04 am
      Peter Kay at the 02 in London this Sunday, can't wait!

How did it go? Is he still regurgitating the same old crap he's been doing since day 1 or has he come up with something new at last?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #100: Nov 08, 2010 11:09:29 am
      Not a huge fan of stand up TBH but, Bill Hicks was someone I really clicked with the first time I heard him. Very funny guy but, with a few harsh truths in his material. Should have been president  ;D

Got a few of his DVD's and to be honest most of his material would of have been relevant in 03 as it would of been back in 91!
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #101: Nov 15, 2010 01:45:28 pm
      Got a few of his DVD's and to be honest most of his material would of have been relevant in 03 as it would of been back in 91!
      I think that some of it is still relevant today. Shame he isn't around anymore, could you imagine how much fun he could have had with all the craziness that has happened in the world over the last 15 years or so.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #102: Nov 15, 2010 11:16:23 pm
      I think that some of it is still relevant today. Shame he isn't around anymore, could you imagine how much fun he could have had with all the craziness that has happened in the world over the last 15 years or so.

"And people in marketing, kill yourselves, this is no joke, kill yourselves"

F***ing quality!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #103: Dec 08, 2010 01:39:06 am
      Saw Frankie Boyle last night at the SECC.

Was on form, wasn't full but its probably because Glasgow was impossible to get to or around last night.

Some guy kept heckling Frankie and my god he got destroyed. Suprised security didn't take him out but I'm glad because I've never seen a heckler get ridiculed so bad.

Frankie is apparently doing Never the Buzzocks this week and he read out bits of the script he thought didn't have a chance of making it to air. Will be watching to see how much of a 'broadcastable' show they actually have on Thursday.

Also I see a comedian called Limmy walking to the Frankie Boyle gig, Limmy probably is only shown in Scotland but he has some pretty good sketches.

Dee Dee - The music advert.

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2010 01:50:32 am by KS67 »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #104: Dec 08, 2010 07:20:25 am
      Got to put a shout in for George Carlin.  For a long time, all I knew him from was Rufus from Bill & Ted. 

George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.

George Carlin - Saving the Planet

George Carlin on Our Similarities
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #105: Dec 08, 2010 04:53:42 pm
      Saw Frankie Boyle last night at the SECC.

Was on form, wasn't full but its probably because Glasgow was impossible to get to or around last night.

Some guy kept heckling Frankie and my god he got destroyed. Suprised security didn't take him out but I'm glad because I've never seen a heckler get ridiculed so bad.

Frankie is apparently doing Never the Buzzocks this week and he read out bits of the script he thought didn't have a chance of making it to air. Will be watching to see how much of a 'broadcastable' show they actually have on Thursday.

Great stuff!

Anybody been watching 'Tramadol Nights'? Pure weird. It's not even funny to be honest, it's almost as if Frankie's just seeing how far he can push the boundaries. I'm sure he said something along the lines of "I'll never be allowed on TV again after this".

Getting his DVD for xmas so I'm looking forward to that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #106: Dec 08, 2010 05:00:03 pm
      Great stuff!

Anybody been watching 'Tramadol Nights'? Pure weird. It's not even funny to be honest, it's almost as if Frankie's just seeing how far he can push the boundaries. I'm sure he said something along the lines of "I'll never be allowed on TV again after this".

Avoid the rest of Tramadol nights then Ross, most of his stand up material on the show is the same as his DVD.

That George Michael pisstake was funny though!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #107: Dec 08, 2010 06:44:10 pm
      Great stuff!

To be honest I think he is actually genuinely not enjoying being a stand-up.

I think he is getting to the point where he knows he is retiring from live shows and just doesn't care about anything. Like he is going down swinging to see how many people he can offend before he bows out.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #108: Dec 08, 2010 07:21:16 pm
      Yeah, he's openly admitted that he doesn't want to be a stand-up anymore.

I'm just wondering what he's going to do from now on though...
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #109: Dec 08, 2010 07:25:45 pm
      Yeah, he's openly admitted that he doesn't want to be a stand-up anymore.

I'm just wondering what he's going to do from now on though...

I read he is planning on doing writing from home. He moved back up north after he quit MTW and wants to see more of his kids so I'd imagine go back to doing the writing for tv shows. He used to be a writer on Distraction I think, so that sort of thing.

Or he could do most lots of other Glaswegian men do and thats lose their teeth and stand outside pubs staring blankly  :f_tongueincheek:
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #110: Dec 09, 2010 05:38:05 pm
      Frankie Boyle's been in the papers about jokes made on Tramadol Nights about Katie Price and Peter Andre's child Harvey. Was hilarious at the time, looking back...He really shouldn't have said what he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1337095/Katie-Price-refuse-apology-Frankie-Boyles-sexual-slur-disabled-son-Harvey.html
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #111: Dec 09, 2010 06:43:18 pm
      Frankie Boyle's been in the papers about jokes made on Tramadol Nights about Katie Price and Peter Andre's child Harvey. Was hilarious at the time, looking back...He really shouldn't have said what he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1337095/Katie-Price-refuse-apology-Frankie-Boyles-sexual-slur-disabled-son-Harvey.html

Channel 4 have responded saying:

“People know what to expect with Frankie. We make it very clear about what type of content his show contains.”

And let's not forget this is the mother, while pregnant with Harvey, who patted her pregnant stomach - 8 months pregnant - LIVE on telly - and said "ah he touched your little head didnt he?" - When she was discussing shagging gareth gates at 6 months pregnant.

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #112: Dec 10, 2010 10:34:00 am

The Daily Mail have had sand in their crack about Frankie Boyle for ages. Its just reactionary sh*te for middle England.

People know what to expect from Boyle, I thought that couple with the child who had Down Syndrome were just deluded. If you buy tickets to see Frankie Boyle and you are sensitive about something like disability then you are either going just to be offended or severely deluded as to what you expected to hear.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #113: Dec 10, 2010 01:17:46 pm
      The Daily Mail have had sand in their crack about Frankie Boyle for ages. Its just reactionary sh*te for middle England.

People know what to expect from Boyle, I thought that couple with the child who had Down Syndrome were just deluded. If you buy tickets to see Frankie Boyle and you are sensitive about something like disability then you are either going just to be offended or severely deluded as to what you expected to hear.

Exactly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #114: Dec 12, 2010 10:05:05 pm
      Saw Jim Jeffries new DVD last Friday Alcoholocaust, one funny F***ing Aussie him.

Quick Reply