Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Street

Read 5580 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      The Street
      Jul 27, 2009 10:03:46 pm
      I don't know why I don't watch it more often.

Really enjoy it everytime I watch. Does anyone remember the one about a guy who was incorrectly thought to be a paedophile?

Great programme.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: The Street
      Reply #1: Jul 27, 2009 10:49:39 pm
      I don't know why I don't watch it more often.

Really enjoy it everytime I watch. Does anyone remember the one about a guy who was incorrectly thought to be a paedophile?

Great programme.

I watched this for the first time last week. And it was really good!! It was the one where Anna Friel is a single mother struggling to bring her two boys up so she works in a brothel at the weekends. But it all gets complicated when she falls for a plumber who comes round to fix her boiler. Really well written and acted out. I was glued to the telly!

Still on the iPlayer. And you get a blimp of Anna Friels norks at the start.  ;)
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 27, 2009 10:54:25 pm
      I watched the first episode about the landlord who was threatened by a gangster and stood up to him.. got a hammering for it but ended up the winner in the end as whilst the gangsters reputation was undermined the landlord and his pub's reputation was maintained triumphantly. It was a real good scenario and had you on the edge of your seat. The second one was a good one too about the prostitute like. Thought that was really well written. I missed this weeks one though.. was it as good as the previous?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jul 27, 2009 10:58:22 pm
      I watched the first episode about the landlord who was threatened by a gangster and stood up to him.. got a hammering for it but ended up the winner in the end as whilst the gangsters reputation was undermined the landlord and his pub's reputation was maintained triumphantly. It was a real good scenario and had you on the edge of your seat. The second one was a good one too about the prostitute like. Thought that was really well written. I missed this weeks one though.. was it as good as the previous?

You can still watch it on the iPlayer mate. I missed tonights one as well. Will have to catch up.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Jul 27, 2009 11:35:46 pm
      Tonight's episode was pretty good, definately worth a watch.

I missed the first two in this series, might watch them on iPlayer.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Aug 10, 2009 09:46:02 pm
      Boss tonight's one. Really dark!

Alcoholism is a really scary thing.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #6: Aug 10, 2009 09:50:18 pm
      Boss tonight's one. Really dark!

Alcoholism is a really scary thing.

Steven Graham is an amazing Scouse actor.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Aug 10, 2009 09:57:47 pm
      Steven Graham is an amazing Scouse actor.

He is isn't he mate. Superb in this tonight.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 10, 2009 10:03:36 pm
      Recorded tonights one. Last weeks was a cracker though. Always deep drama with this series and it makes you really think. It shows that life really isn't all black and white.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #9: Aug 10, 2009 10:07:17 pm
      It's sort of reminds me of a drama that used to be on called Cracker which had Robbie Coltrane and Robert Carlisle.

Steven Graham will be the next big actor from within the U.K. I watched him on "Something for the weekend" a few weeks ago and said that he took Johnny Depp to his Mums to try Scouse ;D.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Aug 10, 2009 10:13:44 pm
      It's written by the same fella who done Cracker, Danny. Jimmy McGovern. He also done a dramatised reconstruction of the Hillsborough Disaster.

Recorded tonights one. Last weeks was a cracker though. Always deep drama with this series and it makes you really think. It shows that life really isn't all black and white.

Absolutely!!

I missed last weeks one. Will have to catch up with it on the iPlayer. Think next weeks one is the last in the series too.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #11: Aug 10, 2009 10:15:59 pm
      It's written by the same fella who done Cracker, Danny. Jimmy McGovern. He also done a dramatised reconstruction of the Hillsborough Disaster.

Didn't know that mate ;D, no wonder I thought it was similar.

It's about time the BBc had a decent drama on again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #12: Aug 11, 2009 10:36:01 am
      Haven't seen last nights yet but this has got to be the best drama series on the TV bar non, follow Jimmy McGovern's stuff religiously he is such a consistent producer of quality drama its scary. Seen all his stuff from day one and he never fails to impress.
                                     What used to puzzle me was the fact that the majority of his work is set outside Liverpool but with a good proportion of the cast being from the city but I suppose when people see the playwright is Liverpudlian and if it is played on location a pre formed notion is formed and the spontaneity is lost. As it is now it seems as fresh as the first episode every week and with a different subject matter as well it really makes for refreshing viewing, spot on TV.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2009 11:43:56 am by stuey »
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #13: Aug 11, 2009 07:46:13 pm
      Last nights was thoroughly entertaining,well acted and a good script.It made a few people sit back and take notice about life,not just theirs but others.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2009 07:56:29 pm
      Agree with most sentiments about The Street, every episode has been good, the one's that stand out for me including last night's would be the first one with Bob Hoskins and Liam Cunningham and the one with Jonas Armstrong.

Although on a side note, it's extremely disappointing to hear about Stephen Graham's association with the s*n. He's been photographed advertising the rag for some awards thing. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #15: Aug 12, 2009 04:42:04 pm

Although on a side note, it's extremely disappointing to hear about Stephen Graham's association with the s*n. He's been photographed advertising the rag for some awards thing.  
      Extremely disappointing doesn't cover it mate when you think the lad is from Kirkby, he knows the score about the rag and has let personal greed come before any conscience he might have. One thing's for sure his future employment as one of Jimmy McGoverns' cast members must be in doubt now this has come to light and his reputation is shot to pieces.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #16: Aug 12, 2009 11:57:53 pm
      Very disappointing to hear that about Stephen Graham HR. He's a great actor.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Aug 14, 2009 09:34:28 pm

WTF?!!! Where did you see that mate?

Appreciation officially destroyed!
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 14, 2009 09:39:25 pm
      It shows how life is always more complicated than you think
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #19: Aug 15, 2009 08:12:48 pm
      Fantastic series, think this is the third, and seem to be improving as each program is broadcast. Great writer is Jimmy McGovern. What the BBC excel at.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2009 09:15:47 pm
      Last one on tonight featuring Timothy Spall.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #21: Aug 18, 2009 11:52:58 am
      Think this series was it's last apparently. Heard they've got rid of the set.

In the last episode last night where the cab office was just over the road from where I had my first gig and album launch.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #22: Aug 20, 2009 09:58:55 pm
      Truly awsome

Quick Reply