Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Maybe we do miss Kewell

Read 6286 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Maybe we do miss Kewell
      Mar 19, 2007 12:34:24 pm
      Q. Do we miss Kewell?

Riise, Aurelio and Gonzalez have not made a bigger impact than Kewell has, fans think Kewell has done rubbish because he has not lived up to his Leeds days but he has not played rubbish for us, just not as good as his Leeds days and because he played world class for Leeds it makes him look rubbish when he does not play like that for us.

Riise can play left mid but he can only really shoot and nothing else, Gonzo has not had the chance and Aurelio has not made an impact at all.

I've had a change of Heart on Kewell, i still belive in him and i want you too aswell :)

A. Yes
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: Maybe we do miss Kewell
      Reply #1: Mar 19, 2007 01:00:27 pm
      Q. Do we miss Kewell?

Riise, Aurelio and Gonzalez have not made a bigger impact than Kewell has, fans think Kewell has done rubbish because he has not lived up to his Leeds days but he has not played rubbish for us, just not as good as his Leeds days and because he played world class for Leeds it makes him look rubbish when he does not play like that for us.

Riise can play left mid but he can only really shoot and nothing else, Gonzo has not had the chance and Aurelio has not made an impact at all.

I've had a change of Heart on Kewell, I still belive in him and I want you too aswell :)

A. Yes

i agree 110% rafa, he has been missed dearly. he'll be back for the end of the season, won't he???
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Mar 19, 2007 01:07:08 pm
      I bloody hope so, our midfield with Kewell, Alonso, Sissoko, Gerrard last season was one of the best and most dominating. He scored class goals against Spurs & Everton and he made Chelsea players look like school boys.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 19, 2007 01:15:56 pm
      true, true. we really do need him back, and hopefully before the euro finals
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #4: Mar 19, 2007 02:22:59 pm
      I've always been a massive fan of harry and said we'll miss him (most people laughed!!)

He is a quility player and think when he comes back if he can make it to pre season he'll be awsome next season....

He is back this season but i think it will take him about amonth and a half to get fully fit and into the swing of things.....
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Mar 19, 2007 02:37:25 pm
      He had a good shot, quite quick (not quite Gonzo's speed), good passing and good at taking full backs on.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #6: Mar 19, 2007 03:06:34 pm
      I'd only have the hardworking Kewell back, not the lazy, fat and uninspiring Kewell. And for that, I agree, we need him.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Mar 19, 2007 03:28:44 pm
      Iam sorry but I disagree with everything you have all said about Kewell, the reason you say we miss him is because he may be better than Riise, Gonzalez and Aurelio on the left wing I say may because as you know he makes Darren Anderton’s career look injury free and when he does actually play his good games are few and far between. All the skills you mention him having were when he was at Leeds and he has failed miserably to deliver even half of what I think he is capable of when he is playing for us and scoring a couple of well taken goals does not lead me to believe he is the saviour for us on the wing. Riise and Aurelio are more left backs than wingers and Gonzalez is still settling in so technically we could do with Kewell being back but to suggest he would come back and set the wing alight is fantasy.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #8: Mar 19, 2007 06:24:29 pm
      Agree 110%, On top form he is World Class. You cant disagree. We do miss him and I await him coming back and sparking life back into our wings!!! If ya do not remember, last season he had some fantastic games! Plus some class goals... You all know the one im on about ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #9: Mar 19, 2007 06:27:07 pm
      Iam sorry but I disagree with everything you have all said about Kewell, the reason you say we miss him is because he may be better than Riise, Gonzalez and Aurelio on the left wing I say may because as you know he makes Darren Anderton’s career look injury free and when he does actually play his good games are few and far between. All the skills you mention him having were when he was at Leeds and he has failed miserably to deliver even half of what I think he is capable of when he is playing for us and scoring a couple of well taken goals does not lead me to believe he is the saviour for us on the wing. Riise and Aurelio are more left backs than wingers and Gonzalez is still settling in so technically we could do with Kewell being back but to suggest he would come back and set the wing alight is fantasy.

Yes Aurelio & Riise are left backs not wingers but their problems are is not being able to defend thats why Rafa never trusts them as left backs. Aurelio & Riise IMO are not good enough to be here.

Where do our goals come from? They come from the right side of midfield or the centre, when do they come from the left? hardly ever
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2007 06:28:48 pm by Ra Ra Rafa »
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #10: Mar 19, 2007 06:52:14 pm
      to keep the argument on the left side,,,,i think liverpool missed kewell he a great player when in his best,,,but who is at the moment...risse can play left midfielder,,but he is a defender ,,,,,aurelio has not made an impact,,,the same goes to gonzo,,(some think they need more time)....we sold Warnock who is having  great regular games at blackburn
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Mar 19, 2007 08:13:04 pm
      Yes Aurelio & Riise are left backs not wingers but their problems are is not being able to defend thats why Rafa never trusts them as left backs. Aurelio & Riise IMO are not good enough to be here.

Where do our goals come from? They come from the right side of midfield or the centre, when do they come from the left? hardly ever

Thats my point exactly too many people have this impression that Kewell is some fantastic midfielder because he is better than two players who shouldn't be playing there, and another who the jury is still out on.
      Kewell scored a blinder in the Derby so what Danny Murhpy made a habit of it against the Mancs but when weighed up against his general play it didn't matter he was off,and thats why I cant get excited about a player who has appeared 81 times in the league in four years and has only knocked 11 goals in, a player who was promising at Leeds but just hasn't done it for us.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2007 08:31:46 pm by Glenbuck »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 19, 2007 09:15:38 pm
      Sorry have to say get rid of him,always as injuries and seems to be happy just to collect his wage every week and do nothing,that is when hes fit, which seems to be never.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #13: Mar 20, 2007 12:40:47 pm
      I was so exited when Kewell arrived from Leeds and i'm gutted we've only seen glimpses of his skill, that volley  against Spurs last season was my fave goal.  Give him one more year to prove himself then get rid!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #14: Mar 20, 2007 02:00:05 pm
      I say may because as you know he makes Darren Anderton’s career look injury free

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Get rid, he will never be a great player for us and the money we pay him would be better spent on someone else.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Mar 20, 2007 08:25:24 pm
      Yes we do miss Kewell, but he has to go for exactly that reason. As others have already pointed out his injury record's atrocious, and I don't see this changing any time soon. We will always be 'missing' Kewell as long as he plays for us, as he will always be on the sidelines.

A terrible waste of talent, obviously Harry doesn't choose to get injured, but I can't see him ever being the player he was at Leeds again. Time to ship him out for me.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #16: Mar 20, 2007 09:55:48 pm
      Give em a run in the team injury free!!! I sure as hell don't want him playin against us! GET GOOD HARRY
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #17: Mar 20, 2007 10:32:37 pm
      He's an option. I think we miss Garcia more.   Pennant has been awful, we have missed a decent attacking midfielder. 

I think it shows what a sorry state of affairs we are in with regard to wingers when we even have a thread with this title.

Gonzalez and Pennant have not made us the thrilling side that they were bought to do.  Decent wingers are a summer transfer priority.
      brother of adelaide red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 21, 2007 03:46:32 am
      Does anyone know when he'll be back playling?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #19: Mar 21, 2007 11:10:43 am

I think your wrong! Pennant has not been awful our strikers have been awful. Pennant set up Fowler against Villa yet everyone was giving Fowler the credit, Pennant set up Crouch against Barca yet Crouch couldn't hit a cow backside.

There is no way Pennant has been awful, in 2007 he has been our best player.. if our strikers knew how to score then he would seem like a bargain because he is the one who sets them all up.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #20: Mar 21, 2007 01:40:38 pm
      I agree Pennant is not awful he's just a very naughty boy !!  he does'nt impose himself on the game enough and, does'nt seem awfully confident in beating the full back 1 on 1 but what a fantastic crosser of the ball.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #21: Mar 21, 2007 02:15:31 pm
      On the Riise topic! he is one of the best players we have,
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #22: Mar 21, 2007 03:50:53 pm
      He's an option. I think we miss Garcia more.   Pennant has been awful, we have missed a decent attacking midfielder. 

I think it shows what a sorry state of affairs we are in with regard to wingers when we even have a thread with this title.

Gonzalez and Pennant have not made us the thrilling side that they were bought to do.  Decent wingers are a summer transfer priority.

partly agree with you, We do miss Garcia and I thought we would, but there was a thread on here about luis and loads of people were saying that we wouldnt miss him........ how wrong they were!!! he's pretty much the only players who consistantly does a little bit of magic which you so often need in the prem! yes he does lose the ball now and then but i think his plus's are better than the negitives!

Think your abit harsh on pennent tho i think he's improved alot................. still not sure if he's good enough tho!
      Cy
      Reply #23: Mar 21, 2007 05:09:54 pm
      Aurelio and gonzo havent been there as long as kewell so comparing them is not really fair,  Except a too few good goals Kewell hasen't been good, let's be real here, he has been with us 4 years..4 YEARS. :o.I like him but thinking that he could have an impact in the team this year is pure fantasy. The last mistake needed is to bring him on the Europe scene, we have been so far without him so let's keep it that way. Harry should anyway spend some time playing with the reserve team to get back his fitness (if it happen one day...) :-\...Glenbuck got it spot on also when he mentionned the ratio goals/games played for us..Time to go I say..
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007 05:11:10 pm by Cy »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #24: Mar 21, 2007 05:57:58 pm
      On the Riise topic! he is one of the best players we have,

Its all about opinions Wellzy, but I don't share yours. I see the ginger one as a waste of a red shirt!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #25: Mar 21, 2007 06:11:40 pm
      Its all about opinions Wellzy, but I don't share yours. I see the ginger one as a waste of a red shirt!

Not a truer word said ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #26: Mar 21, 2007 08:13:22 pm
      Riise is not a  great attacker, not a comfortable and dependable defender but to say a waste of a red shirt is extremely unfair....We miss Kewell because are options are poor not because he is that spectacular. Of course if fit he'd have made an impact this season and on his day he is great. But we are about to make a big leap forward with this yankee money so unless he pulls his finger out and gets injury free its bye bye Kewell...as for Pennant as our best player? Ra RaRafa time to cut back on yer meds and visit the optician....he is great on the sidelines warming up...its the only time he gets past someone...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #27: Mar 21, 2007 10:43:53 pm
      I didn't say Pennant was our best player, no way is he our best player but i might of said at times he can be our best player like against Bolton on new years day.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #28: Mar 21, 2007 10:48:45 pm
      Sorry Fella but I also think Kewell and Pennent are a waste of a red shirt too! If options out wide are so poor the solution this summer must be to buy world class players in those positions. We have quality everywhere else. We need a Left back, left and right wingers and some one who can put the ball in the net. Kewell, Riise and Pennent just aren't good enough.
      david_brent
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #29: Mar 21, 2007 11:00:10 pm
      Sorry Fella but I also think Kewell and Pennent are a waste of a red shirt too! If options out wide are so poor the solution this summer must be to buy world class players in those positions. We have quality everywhere else. We need a Left back, left and right wingers and some one who can put the ball in the net. Kewell, Riise and Pennent just aren't good enough.

Couldn't agree more.  Kewell and Pennant would be big players for middle of the table Premiership sides.

Too many of our players are not good enough for the level of football we aim to be playing at ie. challenging for the title and European competitions.  Some big signings needed in the summer.
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2007 10:09:19 am
      if ya want kewell bak I woodnt ave momo in the squad id make sure pennant played

Kewell          Alonso        Gerrard       Pennant

^^^Top class midfield
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 07, 2007 08:38:27 pm
      We have enough class already here so its ta ra harry liked the comparison with anderton
      both sicknotes >:D >:D >:D
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #32: Apr 07, 2007 10:00:09 pm
      We have enough class already here so its ta ra harry liked the comparison with anderton
      both sicknotes >:D >:D >:D

could not agree with you more,just watch him recover if we get to the champions league final.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 08, 2007 12:44:04 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez believes Harry Kewell may play against Wigan in two weeks' time.

Kewell is yet to kick a ball for The Reds this term after injuring himself at last summer's World Cup in Germany.

However, the ex-Leeds ace is back in training and Benitez believes he may be ready to make his first-team return against Wigan on 21st April.

"He's back in training," Benitez said in the Daily Star Sunday.

"But when you've been injured for a long time and you start working hard you get tired and need rest.

"He's close but how close? We'll need to see him playing in some small games first.

"Then after that we'll need to see him play eleven-a-sides.

"He will play again this season, though. Maybe in two weeks' time."
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #34: Apr 08, 2007 02:30:01 pm
      true but I don't see why riise is a waste of a red shirt he's not the greatest on the defening side of things but has been there at some important moments and scored some vital goals. pennant can be more consistent than garcia but is less creative, as for aurelio he does a better defensive job than riise and gonzalez needs to play more games.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2007 02:32:52 pm by camara14 »
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #35: Apr 08, 2007 02:41:18 pm
      Kewell will be back in time to get injured in the CL Final against AC Milan.

You heard it hear first !!!
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #36: Apr 08, 2007 02:44:35 pm
      we don't miss him, if he can get his act togeather maybe we have a palyer but if we sold him we would not miss him
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 08, 2007 10:06:16 pm
      i hope he makes an impacy cps a neva did reli r8 him so hopefully i can be proved wrong
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 09, 2007 02:21:32 am
      kewell is A class. once he gets back, he'll be unstopable
      star midfield:

Kewell          Alonso          Mascherano          Gerrard

yea, thats right...
      bigredarmy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #39: Apr 09, 2007 07:54:06 am
      he's good, but not as good as he was at leeds, we could do better, he is way too inconsistent...
      Cy
      Reply #40: Apr 09, 2007 01:14:47 pm
      The fact that we are virtually in the semi final of the CL plus finishing third in the league show to me that we DO NOT miss Kewell. A lot has been  said about Kewell in this forum, but he hasn't delivered for the club, he is always injured, got a impact on the salarial mass. The big mistake would be to introduce him in the squad for the CL games. I like the lad but time to go Harry..
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 09, 2007 04:44:27 pm
      lets all be honest since kewell has been at liverpool how many times has he made you say what a player we have there and its not very many and has he justified the massive wage he has earned over the last 4 years answer definately not
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 09, 2007 04:57:26 pm
      There's no doubt Harry is the best left sided player we have at tricking full backs and taking them on. Gonzalez is still finding his feet, he's not had a consistent run of games to prove otherwise.  :-\
      The thing with Kewell is he is a lazy f**ker, if he'd put in the constant effort most the squad do then he'd be a world beater and change more games.  >:(
      So hopefully he'll come back leaner, fitter and ready to earn the wages he's been paid over the past few seasons, I for one will be the happiest if he does.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2007 04:58:43 pm by fanatic dee »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #43: Apr 09, 2007 05:46:40 pm
      Harry Kewell... forgot about him.

I would be surprised if he plays for us again tbh.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #44: Apr 09, 2007 06:26:41 pm
      I've had another change of heart.. i want Kewell to go :-[
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #45: Apr 09, 2007 07:45:58 pm
      Some people just cannot bring themselves to say anything against some players....

The guy has played maybe half a dozen decent games since he signed in 2003.... Yes 2003.

He is never fit but manages to declare himslef to the contrary for big finals. All 3 of which he had to be taken off therefore leaving us short of 1 tactical sub. Manages to make the World Cup but is miraculously injured after it.....Pathetic...

And for the privilage we fork out £67,000 a week and wait for it a £800,000 lump sum "loyalty" bonus at the end of each season.

I wouldn't mind last season we had a home game and my missus saw the f**ker shopping in town with his missus while we were playing ...Some Loyalty....

If anyone like Bolton or whoever ware daft enough to offer a fee for him we should snap their hands off....he can shut the door on his way out.

Just can't understand how anyone wants him at the club...

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Quick Reply