Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Maybe we do miss Kewell

Read 6284 times
      Cy
      Re: Maybe we do miss Kewell
      Reply #23: Mar 21, 2007 05:09:54 pm
      Aurelio and gonzo havent been there as long as kewell so comparing them is not really fair,  Except a too few good goals Kewell hasen't been good, let's be real here, he has been with us 4 years..4 YEARS. :o.I like him but thinking that he could have an impact in the team this year is pure fantasy. The last mistake needed is to bring him on the Europe scene, we have been so far without him so let's keep it that way. Harry should anyway spend some time playing with the reserve team to get back his fitness (if it happen one day...) :-\...Glenbuck got it spot on also when he mentionned the ratio goals/games played for us..Time to go I say..
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007 05:11:10 pm by Cy »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #24: Mar 21, 2007 05:57:58 pm
      On the Riise topic! he is one of the best players we have,

Its all about opinions Wellzy, but I don't share yours. I see the ginger one as a waste of a red shirt!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #25: Mar 21, 2007 06:11:40 pm
      Its all about opinions Wellzy, but I don't share yours. I see the ginger one as a waste of a red shirt!

Not a truer word said ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #26: Mar 21, 2007 08:13:22 pm
      Riise is not a  great attacker, not a comfortable and dependable defender but to say a waste of a red shirt is extremely unfair....We miss Kewell because are options are poor not because he is that spectacular. Of course if fit he'd have made an impact this season and on his day he is great. But we are about to make a big leap forward with this yankee money so unless he pulls his finger out and gets injury free its bye bye Kewell...as for Pennant as our best player? Ra RaRafa time to cut back on yer meds and visit the optician....he is great on the sidelines warming up...its the only time he gets past someone...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #27: Mar 21, 2007 10:43:53 pm
      I didn't say Pennant was our best player, no way is he our best player but i might of said at times he can be our best player like against Bolton on new years day.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #28: Mar 21, 2007 10:48:45 pm
      Sorry Fella but I also think Kewell and Pennent are a waste of a red shirt too! If options out wide are so poor the solution this summer must be to buy world class players in those positions. We have quality everywhere else. We need a Left back, left and right wingers and some one who can put the ball in the net. Kewell, Riise and Pennent just aren't good enough.
      david_brent
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #29: Mar 21, 2007 11:00:10 pm
      Sorry Fella but I also think Kewell and Pennent are a waste of a red shirt too! If options out wide are so poor the solution this summer must be to buy world class players in those positions. We have quality everywhere else. We need a Left back, left and right wingers and some one who can put the ball in the net. Kewell, Riise and Pennent just aren't good enough.

Couldn't agree more.  Kewell and Pennant would be big players for middle of the table Premiership sides.

Too many of our players are not good enough for the level of football we aim to be playing at ie. challenging for the title and European competitions.  Some big signings needed in the summer.
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2007 10:09:19 am
      if ya want kewell bak I woodnt ave momo in the squad id make sure pennant played

Kewell          Alonso        Gerrard       Pennant

^^^Top class midfield
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 07, 2007 08:38:27 pm
      We have enough class already here so its ta ra harry liked the comparison with anderton
      both sicknotes >:D >:D >:D
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #32: Apr 07, 2007 10:00:09 pm
      We have enough class already here so its ta ra harry liked the comparison with anderton
      both sicknotes >:D >:D >:D

could not agree with you more,just watch him recover if we get to the champions league final.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 08, 2007 12:44:04 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez believes Harry Kewell may play against Wigan in two weeks' time.

Kewell is yet to kick a ball for The Reds this term after injuring himself at last summer's World Cup in Germany.

However, the ex-Leeds ace is back in training and Benitez believes he may be ready to make his first-team return against Wigan on 21st April.

"He's back in training," Benitez said in the Daily Star Sunday.

"But when you've been injured for a long time and you start working hard you get tired and need rest.

"He's close but how close? We'll need to see him playing in some small games first.

"Then after that we'll need to see him play eleven-a-sides.

"He will play again this season, though. Maybe in two weeks' time."
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #34: Apr 08, 2007 02:30:01 pm
      true but I don't see why riise is a waste of a red shirt he's not the greatest on the defening side of things but has been there at some important moments and scored some vital goals. pennant can be more consistent than garcia but is less creative, as for aurelio he does a better defensive job than riise and gonzalez needs to play more games.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2007 02:32:52 pm by camara14 »
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #35: Apr 08, 2007 02:41:18 pm
      Kewell will be back in time to get injured in the CL Final against AC Milan.

You heard it hear first !!!
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #36: Apr 08, 2007 02:44:35 pm
      we don't miss him, if he can get his act togeather maybe we have a palyer but if we sold him we would not miss him
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 08, 2007 10:06:16 pm
      i hope he makes an impacy cps a neva did reli r8 him so hopefully i can be proved wrong
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 09, 2007 02:21:32 am
      kewell is A class. once he gets back, he'll be unstopable
      star midfield:

Kewell          Alonso          Mascherano          Gerrard

yea, thats right...
      bigredarmy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #39: Apr 09, 2007 07:54:06 am
      he's good, but not as good as he was at leeds, we could do better, he is way too inconsistent...
      Cy
      Reply #40: Apr 09, 2007 01:14:47 pm
      The fact that we are virtually in the semi final of the CL plus finishing third in the league show to me that we DO NOT miss Kewell. A lot has been  said about Kewell in this forum, but he hasn't delivered for the club, he is always injured, got a impact on the salarial mass. The big mistake would be to introduce him in the squad for the CL games. I like the lad but time to go Harry..
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 09, 2007 04:44:27 pm
      lets all be honest since kewell has been at liverpool how many times has he made you say what a player we have there and its not very many and has he justified the massive wage he has earned over the last 4 years answer definately not
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 09, 2007 04:57:26 pm
      There's no doubt Harry is the best left sided player we have at tricking full backs and taking them on. Gonzalez is still finding his feet, he's not had a consistent run of games to prove otherwise.  :-\
      The thing with Kewell is he is a lazy f**ker, if he'd put in the constant effort most the squad do then he'd be a world beater and change more games.  >:(
      So hopefully he'll come back leaner, fitter and ready to earn the wages he's been paid over the past few seasons, I for one will be the happiest if he does.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2007 04:58:43 pm by fanatic dee »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #43: Apr 09, 2007 05:46:40 pm
      Harry Kewell... forgot about him.

I would be surprised if he plays for us again tbh.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #44: Apr 09, 2007 06:26:41 pm
      I've had another change of heart.. i want Kewell to go :-[
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #45: Apr 09, 2007 07:45:58 pm
      Some people just cannot bring themselves to say anything against some players....

The guy has played maybe half a dozen decent games since he signed in 2003.... Yes 2003.

He is never fit but manages to declare himslef to the contrary for big finals. All 3 of which he had to be taken off therefore leaving us short of 1 tactical sub. Manages to make the World Cup but is miraculously injured after it.....Pathetic...

And for the privilage we fork out £67,000 a week and wait for it a £800,000 lump sum "loyalty" bonus at the end of each season.

I wouldn't mind last season we had a home game and my missus saw the f**ker shopping in town with his missus while we were playing ...Some Loyalty....

If anyone like Bolton or whoever ware daft enough to offer a fee for him we should snap their hands off....he can shut the door on his way out.

Just can't understand how anyone wants him at the club...

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Quick Reply